PDA

View Full Version : Campbell Heath

ernie koala
3rd April 2013, 09:12 AM
It was great to see Campbell play so well for Port last week...

I don't know whether he requested a trade or not, but I think the Swans Did him a favour.

If his knees hold up I reckon he'll go on to be a fantastic player....maybe one that got away.

Good luck to him......Great pick up for Port.

NB: No one looked more excited than him, in the middle of the MCG after the GF.

Ruck'n'Roll
3rd April 2013, 09:33 AM
Perhaps ironically if he'd stayed he could well have spent the entire 2013 season filling in for AJ in the Swans firsts. Funny old world, but good for him.
BTW Did anyone see David Koch on AFL Game Day on the weekend, he never mentioned us but my partner and I came to the conclusion that he wants Port to become a clone of the Swans.

Swansongster
3rd April 2013, 11:26 AM
He would not be the first player to benefit from a change of scenery. As identified by Swans management, he was one of the players that we had to shed to fit Tippett in under the salary cap.

Re. Koch, I did see him on AFL 360 pre-season and his passion and vision impressed me. A bloke like that at the helm can make a big difference. Have to say, I have always had a bit of a soft spot for Port. Good luck to them.

Primmy
3rd April 2013, 02:08 PM
He had to take his chances, and I am so glad he did. We trained him well, he is a good bloke, he can play, and he is getting a go. Good luck to him in every possible light. Even though it is Port. So pleased for him.

dimelb
3rd April 2013, 02:11 PM
CH reminds me of Craig Bolton. Now it appears he may resemble him in other respects, moving from a premiership team that couldn't fit him in to a team that may just be on the rise. I hope he does as well.

R-1
3rd April 2013, 02:32 PM
Gets to play with his old mate John Butcher too, which is nice for him too.

ShockOfHair
3rd April 2013, 09:02 PM
IN this piece on the AFL website he talks about his three knee injuries and five years of rollercoaster:
Heath finally smiles after five years of pain - AFL.com.au (http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-04-02/heath-finally-smiles-after-five-years-of-pain)

Couldn't help but notice other ex-Swans in round 1:
- Barry Hall clever choice as boundary rider. No-one's going to turn down an interview with him.
- Daniel Currie nearly making the Roos team for his first game. Can't be far away if they keep playing like that.
- Poor old TDL coming on as sub in the last quarter for the Saints. Finished with donuts.

ernie koala
4th April 2013, 09:25 PM
IN this piece on the AFL website he talks about his three knee injuries and five years of rollercoaster:
Heath finally smiles after five years of pain - AFL.com.au (http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-04-02/heath-finally-smiles-after-five-years-of-pain)

- Barry Hall clever choice as boundary rider. No-one's going to turn down an interview with him.
- Daniel Currie nearly making the Roos team for his first game. Can't be far away if they keep playing like that.
- Poor old TDL coming on as sub in the last quarter for the Saints. Finished with donuts.

To follow on....
TDL - dropped
Sam Rowe - in for Carlton

ScottH
4th April 2013, 09:32 PM

Majak Daw gets a chance in front of Currie.

liz
5th April 2013, 06:16 PM
To follow on....
TDL - dropped
Sam Rowe - in for Carlton

Dean Terlich is set to make his AFL debut too - for the Dees.

The Big Cat
6th April 2013, 11:51 AM
Don't forget Bruest, altho never on our list.

Xie Shan
6th April 2013, 11:18 PM
Dean Terlich is set to make his AFL debut too - for the Dees.

Poor Dean...

goswannie14
7th April 2013, 08:36 AM
Majak Daw gets a chance in front of Currie.
That would be expected due to the amount of time Daw has been at the club.

barry
7th April 2013, 10:58 PM
TDL hasn't improved. He's just one of those players who can't make the jump from good reserves player to senior player

Primmy
8th April 2013, 07:50 AM
Caught Cambo again yesterday, and he looked terrific. Just like a bought one~! So pleased for him.

ScottH
8th April 2013, 09:04 AM
Spangher missed the final cut for the Hawks.

jono2707
8th April 2013, 10:39 AM
Caught Cambo again yesterday, and he looked terrific. Just like a bought one~! So pleased for him.

Agreed - he's done well so far - seems to be a pretty good decision maker, has let fly with some lovely passes, and tackles like a former Swan should. Good for him, although I have no doubt he would have been running around on the SCG on Saturday if he'd stayed. Happy for him.