PDA

View Full Version : VFL Round 3: Sydney Swans Reserves v Gold Coast Suns Reserves

justabaraker
5th April 2013, 06:44 PM
If you're planning to follow the Ressies on the weekend, you can get a team list (WITH TOP-UP PLAYER NUMBERS) from the NEAFL website

liz
6th April 2013, 11:29 AM
That might just about be the best half of footy I have seen our reserves team play when you take into account the quality of the opposition. The forward line pressure was immense, with every single player focussed on tackling and chasing. Scoreboard is 10.12 to 3.3 but its more about how they are doing it than the actual score.

And Mitchell yet to come.

jono2707
6th April 2013, 11:33 AM
Agree with Liz - a really good performance so far against strong opposition. Jed's working well, I'm liking the work of most of the others too. Really excited to see Tom in the second half in conditions that should suit him.

6th April 2013, 12:03 PM
Look forward to fuller updates ..... please :-)

DeadlyAkkuret
6th April 2013, 12:14 PM
From facebook:

Mitchell spoils a sun kick in Def. Gathers and goals under pressure 13.16 6.5

liz
6th April 2013, 12:53 PM
Final score was 15.20 to 10.5

Suns found it slightly easier to get the ball forqard as the Swans tired in the second half but the Swans were still running harder at the end than their opponents. Many missed but gettable shots gave the Suns acoreboard respectability they didnt deserve.

Not a heap of touchs to Mitchell but there were some classy moments from him.

ShockOfHair
6th April 2013, 03:34 PM
Good news about the Mitch.

dimelb
6th April 2013, 09:39 PM
Thanks Liz and others . There's a write-up on the official site now.
Bright start for Swans reserves - SYDNEYSWANS.com.au (http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2013-04-06/bright-start-for-swans-reserves)

ugg
7th April 2013, 12:03 AM
Swans 7.6 10.12 12.16 15.20 (110)
Suns 1.0 3.3 5.5 10.5 (65)

SYDNEY SWANS

Goal Kickers: M. Morton 4, T. Membrey 3, H. Cunningham 2, A. Brown , E. Sertbas , T. Mitchell , D. Robinson , B. Jack , J. Lamb
Best Players: J. Lamb, H. Cunningham, D. Robinson, A. Brown, J. White
GOLD COAST SUNS

Goal Kickers: J. Hall 3, A. Boston , D. Gorringe , D. Stanley , J. Taylor , J. Holland , K. Horsley , T. Cornish
Best Players: C. Cameron, J. Allen, T. McKenzie, J. Hall, J. Taylor, A. Boston

ugg
7th April 2013, 12:17 AM
I wrote a preview for this game but couldn't post it last night on RWO. Here it is for future reference and for those who are interested.

Here come the Suns

NEAFL Round 3
Sydney Swans Reserves v Gold Coast Suns Reserves
Saturday 6th April 2013 10.05am
Sydney Cricket Ground

While the seniors were allocated an ?easy? draw to open their premiership defence, the Reserves haven?t been afforded the same luxury with their first 2 games of the 2013 season being pitted against the might of the Giants Reserves, and now in a tantalising cross-conference clash, the Suns Reserves.

The Swans managed to hang on for a mighty 5 point victory against an inaccurate UWS side, whereas the Suns had no problems dispatching Queensland side Mt. Gravatt by over 100 points.

In the corresponding fixture last year, the earlybirds at the SCG were rewarded by a eyecatching performance by mini-draft selection Jaeger O?Meara who has now graduated to the senior team. Be prepared to be equally dazzled by the diminutive but talented Western Australian teenager Jack Martin who received BOG accolades in his last match.

Eastern Conference Ladder
Team|Played|Wins|Losses|Draws|Byes|For|Against|Per centage|Points
Queanbeyan|2|2|0|0|0|179|159|112.58%|8
Tuggeranong|1|1|0|0|1|80|47|170.21%|4
Ainslie|2|1|1|0|0|210|155|135.48%|4
Eastlake|2|1|1|0|0|160|147|108.84%|4
Reserves|1|1|0|0|1|107|102|104.90%|4
{colsp=10}-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Belconnen|2|1|1|0|0|219|230|95.22%|4
UWS Giants|1|0|1|0|1|102|107|95.33%|0
Sydney Uni|1|0|1|0|1|117|152|76.97%|0
Hills Eagles|1|0|1|0|1|74|132|56.06.%|0

Northern Conference Ladder
Team|Played|Wins|Losses|Draws|Byes|For|Against|Per centage|Points
Southport|2|2|0|0|0|219|146|150.00%|8
Suns Reserves|1|1|0|0|1|158|32|493.75%|4
Lions Reserves|1|1|0|0|1|144|57|252.63%|4
Aspley|2|1|1|0|0|234|201|116.42%|4
Broadbeach|1|1|0|0|1|104|102|101.96%|4
{colsp=10}-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Redland|2|1|1|0|0|151|196|77.04%|4
Morningside|2|1|1|0|0|150|213|70.42%|4
NT Thunder|2|0|2|0|0|192|232|82.76|0
Labrador|2|0|2|0|0|150|191|78.53%|0
Mt Gravatt|2|0|2|0|0|120|269|44.61%|0

Past Meetings
R2 Reserves 7.13 (55) defeated by Gold Coast 13.13 (91)

The Reserves were hampered by the late withdrawals of Mark Seaby and Jesse White whilst their opponents the Suns had the ability to call on the full complement of 5 on their bench. The Reserves struggled to break down a resolute Suns defensive unit and lost it in the last quarter when Josh Fraser booted 4 of his 5 goals.

Goals: Walsh 2, Potter, McNeil, Lycakis, Jack, Gordon
Best: Heath, Walsh, Lycakis, Moore, Jack

R10 Reserves 16.13 (109) defeated Gold Coast 8.8 (56) @ Blacktown International Sports Park
In the wet and damp conditions out west, the talls Mark Seaby (in the ruck) and Matthew Spangher (at CHF) dominated for the Swans as they romped to a comfortable 9 goal win over the Suns. The physicality and pressure of the home team was too much for Gold Coast whose sloppiness proved costly as they could only manage 3 goals to 3 quarter time.

Goals: Spangher 4, Morton 3, Everitt 2, Seaby 2, Moody, Cunningham, Mitchell, White, Walsh
Best: Seaby, Spangher, Biggs, Everitt, Moore, Davis

R18 Gold Coast 15.10 (100) defeated by Reserves 20.11 (131) @ Metricon Stadium
A close fought game was blown apart in the last quarter when the Reserves unleashed an 8 goal display to easily triumph away at Metricon Stadium. Mitch Morton was the star forward, kicking 9 goals in a consistent all round display with Nathan Gordon and Matt Spangher's competitive displays leading the way for the Swans.

Goals: Morton 9, Spangher 3, Plug 2, Moore, Potter, McNeil, White, Everitt, Gordon
Best: Gordon, Spangher, Morton, Meredith, Plug, Cunningham

Recent Form
Reserves
Round|Team|Venue|Result|F|A
R1|BYE|
R2|UWS|Away|WIN|107|102|

Suns Reserves
Round|Team|Venue|Result|F|A
R1|BYE|
R2|Mt Gravatt|Home|WIN|158|32|

Last Round
UWS Giants 14.18 (102) defeated by Reserves 17.5 (107) @ ANZ Stadium

Goals: Morton 3, Membrey 3, Everitt 3, Weir, Jack, Head, Lloyd, White, Cunningham, Brown, Lamb
Best: Everitt, Bird, White, Morton, Lloyd, Cunningham

Gold Coast Reserves 24.14 (158) defeated Mt Gravatt 4.8 (32) @ Metricon Stadium

Goals: Hall 4, Nicholls 3, Trask 2, Osborne 2, L.Weller 2, Boston 2, Mills 2, Martin 2, Sexton, Cameron, Fraser, Schade, Cornish
Best: Martin, Taylor, Nicholls, Osborne, Hall, Allen

Team List
Listed players
#|Name|Games|Goals|Votes|Notes
1|Tim MEMBREY|1|3|0|May have to share the forward 50 zone with Walsh this week.
6|Tom MITCHELL|0|0|0|Will only come on in the 2nd half, most likely as the replacement for the resting senior emergency.
7|Harry CUNNINGHAM|1|1|1|Alternated between defence and midfield last week, as well as assuming main kick-in duties.
10|Mitch MORTON|1|3|3|(Senior emergency) Very impressed with his chasing and tackling last week, now has to wait patiently for a spot to open up in the seniors.
11|Jed LAMB|1|1|0|Withdrawn at half time last week as the senior emergency.
17|Tommy WALSH|0|0|0|Returns after missing last week with a hamstring injury suffered during training midweek.
18|Jesse WHITE|1|1|4|(Senior emergency) Comes up against a ruckman in good form in Tom Nicholls as well as a talented backup in Daniel Gorringe.
19|Tony ARMSTRONG|0|0|0|Needed a full game under his belt according to Horse.
22|Dean TOWERS|1|0|0|With Armstrong and Rampe in the side, might be freed to play further up the ground.
23|Jordan LOCKYER|1|0|0|The 'experienced' hand of the tall defenders along with Dick and Richards.
27|Daniel ROBINSON|1|0|0|
28|Matthew DICK|1|0|0|
31|Harrison MARSH|1|0|0|Tagging role likely.
33|Brandon JACK|1|1|0|
36|Alex BROWN|1|1|0|Utility who is being asked to fill in the gaps in each side.
42|Xavier RICHARDS|1|0|0|
43|Dane RAMPE|0|0|0|(Senior emergency) Subbed out last week after cramping up, hopefully won't be the 2013 version of Harry Cunningham last year (1 game in Round 1 and none thereafter)
44|Jake LLOYD|1|1|2|Big challenge ahead against a tough looking midfield.
46|Shane BIGGS|1|0|0|

Changes
In: Mitchell (injury), Walsh (injury), Armstrong (seniors), Rampe (seniors)
Out: Andrejs Everitt (seniors), Craig Bird (seniors)

No listed player restrictions in place again and a shortened injury list (touch wood) means that a whopping 19 listed players have been named, but due to player management only 18 will ever be in play at the same time (see Mitchell?s notes above).

It will be particularly interesting to see how Crouch handles the defensive setup with a surfeit of half-back flankers due to Rampe and Armstrong dropping back to join Towers, Cunningham, Biggs, Lockyer and Brown.

Academy Players/Topups
#|Name|Games|Goals|Votes|Notes
56|Erol SERTBAS|0|0|0|
57|Jeremy KIEL|0|0|0|From UNSW/ES
59|Thomas HEAD|1|1|0|
60|Jordan WEIR|1|1|0|

In: Kiel, Sertbas
Out: Mitch Crawford, Lachlan Kilpatrick Stephen Wray

Sertbas played 4 games as a high energy half-forward type towards the tail end of the 2012 campaign, including the Grand Final against Queanbeyan.

And yes we finally get topup numbers BEFORE the game. It?s amazing it only took many years for us to reach a situation that was commonplace back in the mid 2000s

Reserves leading goalkickers

Andrejs Everitt, Tim Membrey, Mitch Morton 3
Craig Bird, Alex Brown, Harry Cunningham, Thomas Head, Brandon Jack, Jed Lamb, Jake Lloyd, Jesse White, Jordan Weir 1

For full list: 2013 Goalkickers - RWOwiki (http://www.redandwhiteonline.com/wiki/index.php/2013_Goalkickers)

Reserves leading votegetters

Andrejs Everitt 6
Craig Bird 5
Jesse White 4

For full list: 2013 Best Votes - RWOwiki (http://www.redandwhiteonline.com/wiki/index.php/2013_Best_votes)

Gold Coast Suns Reserves
|||
B:|41. Leigh OSBORNE|58. Jack GOODALL|31. Jackson ALLEN|
HB:|27. Clay CAMERON|20. Henry SCHADE|55. Jack TAYLOR
C:|18. Trent McKENZIE|25. Danny STANLEY|6. Alex SEXTON
HF:|28. Jack MARTIN|46. Josh HALL|40. Andrew BOSTON
F:|51. James HOLLAND|19. Tom LYNCH|15. Daniel GORRINGE
Foll:|22. Tom NICHOLLS|21. Jeremy TAYLOR|42. Kyal HORSLEY
Int:|45. Tyler CORNISH|47. Steven MILLS|54. Darcy TRASK|
|57. Caleb HAY|60. Harrison FRASER|59. Angus WATTS

In: Goodall, Gorringe, Horsley, Lynch, Stanley
Out: Fraser, Hutchins, L.Weller, M.Weller, Watts

16 listed players but a core group of them have AFL experience and possibly should be in their senior side. McKenzie, Stanley, Lynch, Horsley and Nicholls are the pick of this bunch and will be key to their side?s chances. Lynch, Hall and the resting ruckman provide 3 genuine tall targets in their forward 50 and will keep our defenders very busy

Primmy
7th April 2013, 07:28 AM
Watched the game and enjoyed it a lot. Proper hard hit out, and most of the boys stood up big time.

I have such highfive for BrandyJack. His second and third efforts are going to be a trademark. Three tackles (first class efforts) made in a single passage augers well but to follow up with a double straight afterwards........he may be skinny and looks like a long legged swamp bird but the boy has talent, not just ability.

Shane Biggs is developing into quite a leader out there. He makes some pretty good decisions and gives directions.

I like watching Tim Membrey ..... he is good.

Loved the effort of MM......Morto (its such a crap call sign, but that's what they use) his efforts are team oriented, and sometimes just plain freakish.

the one thing I noted about the whole game is just how much they are already aware of 'combinations' and teamwork. This appeared to be a game of combined effort, noone was making a name for himself, noone appeared to be trying to 'impress the judges'. A lot of muscle development is required, but the awareness development appears to be taking root as is the full team ethic.

Perhaps its the influence of Jared Crouch, who is their coach. He is like a mushroom in a forest when they cluster around him - I had no idea how not-tall he really is. He appears to be a good quality coach. I have been ressiewatching for many years now, and this is the most cohesive team combination I can remember in April.

One side note: toppie number 60......ball watching is not going to get you into the game.

liz
7th April 2013, 08:53 AM
This appeared to be a game of combined effort, noone was making a name for himself, noone appeared to be trying to 'impress the judges'.

That is what really impressed me. Pretty much everytime a Suns player took what they thought was an uncontested mark in space, that player would turn around, probably expecting to play on, and find a Swans player already fiercely guarding the mark. When the Suns tried to run the ball from defence, they were subjected to tackle after tackle, and more times than not, the team managed to force a turn-over and keep the ball locked in.

It is hard to pick any "best players", given how much of a team effort it was. But a few comments:

Mitch's class and experience did shine out on several occasions. He worked his butt off up around the half forward area and is definitely playing well enough to deserve a senior spot, should one open up.

Primmy has mentioned Jack jnr's tackling in the forward line. It was manic and effective.

Harry played almost exclusively as a midfielder, rather than off the half back flank. I much prefer him there and think he could become a genuine onballer in time. His ability to use his pace to break from centre bounce clearances is great to watch.

Lamb's work rate stood out in a team where everyone worked hard. He also used the ball intelligently. While we don't want any of our senior team to get injured, I do hope he gets a chance at senior level sooner rather than later.

The X-man continues to show encouraging signs for someone so young and still relatively skinny. He is not afraid to try and take front position, and attacks the ball well. One for the future, not now, but looks very promising.

Alex Brown has played each game I've seen this season (including the two practice games at Lakeside) with a lot more intensity than I was expecting after seeing him last year. He moves very well for a tallish fellow and attacks contests with gusto. His kicking has been a bit of a mixed bag - sometimes scrappy but other times pinpoint. He seems to be playing a utility role in the style of Everitt - a tall running wingman who pushes forward a lot but can also drop back when needed.

Swansongster
7th April 2013, 09:20 AM
Thanks to all of the ressies watchers. Sorry if I missed any mentions above, but did Mitchell get on the field? If, so how well did he contribute?

jono2707
7th April 2013, 01:33 PM
Mitchell played the second half and it was a good hit out from him without being dominant. His class showed a few times and he has the composure, time and space in tight situations to show that pretty soon he'll not be far from taking a further step up. Fingers crossed his body cooperates.

I really liked the game of Daniel Robinson too - he was very busy and showed some good skills. Towers was ok in spots but needs a bit more time. Tommy Walsh acquitted himself quite well as a sweeper across half back. Membrey and Mitch were dangerous up forward and neither would be out of place if they get a chance in the 1s. Membrey is a top-notch set shot too.

Jesse toiled well in the rucks and showed some of his trademark athleticism a few times. Armstrong took a while to get going but is obviously being groomed as another running, distributing half back. Harry was very solid, as was Brown, and Biggs did a few telling things in the last quarter which showed a bit of class.

But the standout for me was Jed - playing mostly on ball, he worked his tush off and was involved in pretty much everything. I think he'll get a gig with a green vest sooner rather than later.

It was a very entertaining match against good opponents - as Primmy noted, the teamwork was a real highlight. Hopefully I catch a few more games as there is some talent developing there....

wolftone57
7th April 2013, 02:47 PM
It was such a team effort. The Dew Kickers are turning into a very good cohesive side. I was glad Jordie has started to show a bit too, he did some nice work yesterday. Robinson was really good he is a lanky lad still and I think he might just be a find. Boy has Lloyd got some class about him. some of his clever stuff was so good to watch yesterday. The baulk and sidestep around two players was super, he is a talent just starting to realise just what he can do. BJ was wonderful with his intensity and boy does he hit hard. He spoiled a player just near the point post and we were in the RED Zone Bay 316 and heard a loud smack and crunch. The lad took a while to get up.

The usual suspects all played well and Membrey is a very strong mark and he doesn't miss to many. He also always looks for a player in better posie. Tommy was pretty good at FB, He lost his player a couple of times but is learning how to conserve and conquer a bit like 'The Truck' does. Everyone who the coaches think is forgetting about defense and picking their player up gets a job down back which is good. It will teach them to be mindful of their opponent to the benefit of the team.

I thought this was a very good effort against a team that had many experienced AFL players. Our kids are going to goo, VERY good. someone, I can't remember who was lamenting our lack of depth last week or two weeks ago. I think whoever it is they got it wrong, we don't have lack of depth, quite the opposite, we are going to be trying to fit them all in.

Auntie.Gerald
7th April 2013, 03:06 PM
Thanks everyone for the game day info

how did Harry "Swampy" Marsh go ?

Gezball
7th April 2013, 09:13 PM
Thanks to all for the insights. Much appreciated.

ugg
7th April 2013, 09:22 PM
The win was set up by a scintillating first quarter performance by the Ressies, whose intensity via some ferocious tackling and great team pressure was in stark contrast to the languid attitude of the Suns who still looked like they were going through their warm ups. The Swans were so dominant that play rarely advanced into their half and the Suns could only scrape together 2 inside 50 entries for the entire quarter. The Suns improved in the subsequent three quarters but the 45 point margin probably flattered them when they had a late flourish dominating the midfield clearances due to Jesse White suffered a late injury and was rested in the forward line (see below).

Tim MEMBREY - His accuracy from set shots has been previously noted and he continued to impress with another successful conversion from a tight spot in the right pocket in the first quarter. His marking continued to be very good despite the wet conditions as the Suns struggled to find a suitable matchup for him, shuffling through a few different options. He was much quieter in the second half when the Suns settled on Clay Cameron as his direct opponent. What I took out of today's performance is that Membrey is no slouch when the ball hits the deck, firing off a quick handpass to Morton for a quick snapped goal as well as managing to snap one of his own in the 3rd quarter.
Tom MITCHELL - 'Subbed' in the 2nd half for Rampe. Started the half positioned across the half forward line to ease him into action but was soon running around as an onballer. His composure was a notable quality about his game, often using his left foot to deliver kicks to a teammate's advantage even when under pressure. The question marks about him are certainly not about his skills or effort, but will be about his injury and on how he pulls up from this game. He had a few games as the 2nd half 'sub' last year but will need many more consecutive full games to even come under consideration for a senior debut.
Harry CUNNINGHAM - Part of the defensive shuffle due to Walsh, Armstrong and Rampe returning to the side who all sat in defensive posts, Cunningham played in the midfield including attending numerous centre square bounces. But unlike his tagging role last year, he was more attacking and carried the ball with pace. Kicked an absolute peach of a goal - which I'm sure will be on the Reserves SwansTV highlights this week - when he read White's clean tap from a boundary throw-in, hit it at speed, took a few steps and sent it flying through the big sticks on his non preferred left foot from just inside the forward 50 arc.
Mitch MORTON - Surprised he wasn't named in the best players list as he was a solid contributor to the side both on the scoreboard and through his defensive work. Mainly played up the ground but with stints as an isolated full forward where his excellent one on one skills earnt him 2 of his 4 goals. The pick of his haul was when he cleverly paddled a bouncing ball forward to his advantage, used his strength and pace to separate away from his close marker before gathering and snapping truly. Wasn't so crash hot with the set shots, and noticeably has to run at an angle to kick them.
Jed LAMB - The matchups changed quite a bit throughout the match but I believe for a large stretch he was up against Danny Stanley who was quite offensively minded and didn't pay Jed enough respect which allowed Lamb to get some clean takeaways from the ruck contests. Cleverly stayed down when Tom Nicholls flew (very) high for a mark and snapped an uncontested goal from the resulting spillage.
Tommy WALSH - Mainly used on the resting ruckman in Gorringe/Nicholls; executed his defensive tasks relatively well, getting his fists to spoil numerous times and only being beaten once on a lead that I can recall. However, I'm not so bullish about his work offensively with the ball in hand. Often looked hesitant, reluctant to use the first available option and not quick or desperate enough to dispose of the ball when under pressure. Perhaps we'll have to cut him some slack as he has struggled with injury through preseason and playing with mostly new recruits down back.
Jesse WHITE - An impressive outing as an undersized ruckman against two genuine giants in Nicholls and Gorringe was somewhat soured by an injury in the 4th quarter. He limped off after a heavy clash, but did come back onto the field to finish the game in the forward line leaving the rucking duties to topup Head. He still has prominent issues trying to take a mark on a lead, even after doing the hard work getting in the clear the ball will invariably bounce off his hands or off his chest. Very frustrating.
Tony ARMSTRONG - I hate using the phrase 'tried too hard' because effort is what most coaches will ask of each player, but the more involved he was in the play, the number of mistakes started piling up. Very vocal in the backline, and quite demanding of the football, his kicking failed to hit the target most of the time and he sometimes sold himself into trouble trying to take on too many would-be tacklers. Also had a shot on half time when he marked 40m out in front but missed what was a relatively simple shot.
Dean TOWERS - Played a few roles, sometimes started as the spare man or sweeper but also spotted him loitering deep in our forward 50 on a few occasions. Had a bit more run and carry in his game than in previous weeks but cruelly pinged for running more than 15m by a whistle-happy umpy without bouncing the ball when it didn't feel that he had (without the benefit of any replay).
Jordan LOCKYER - One of the defenders freed up by the reshuffle, spent more time further up the ground and was involved in some inside 50 entries. A solid distributor.
Daniel ROBINSON - After failing to note his presence last week, special attention was focused on Robinson's performance and I left feeling rather impressed by his inside work, good hands and a very solid tackler. His goal was a result of winning a holding the ball decision.
Matthew DICK - With Walsh back, he didn't have to play on the talls and had a few different opponents throughout the day including Trent McKenzie.
Harrison MARSH - Spent some time as a tagger on Danny Stanley, but mainly another runner through the midfield. Got caught out at one boundary throw in not standing goal side of his opponent Jeremy Taylor which enabled the young Sun to swoop onto a tap and bounce through a goal unimpeded.
Brandon JACK - Loved his chasing, pressuring and especially his physical work including the ferocity of his tackling and bumps despite not carrying a lot of bulk in his teenage frame. Came off the ground for some treatment after a heavy hit in the 3rd quarter but came back on without any obvious lingering effects.
Alex BROWN - He was utilised in a variety of roles again but his main position was as a third/fourth tall-medium forward. Uses his mobility to get up the ground and is usually a thoughtful user of the ball who looks to spot up targets rather than bombing the ball long.
Xavier RICHARDS - Took the other tall forward that wasn't in Walsh's sight which was usually Josh Hall. Did very well on him, only lost one contested marking contest against him.
Dane RAMPE - First half only. Mainly in defence but like the seniors, pushed high up the ground to lock the ball in when defending the opposition coming out of defence. A desperate lunge and late (but legal) contact in the 2nd quarter saved a certain GC goal while his one set shot on goal wasn't as impressive as he kicked it onto the man on the mark.
Jake LLOYD - Matched up against the prolific ball winner Kyal Horsley and IMHO came up trumps in his match up. Spent a bit more time as a half forward than in previous weeks.
Shane BIGGS - Liked his ball use, had a direct hand in 2 Morton goals with 2 well taken kicks that gave Morton an advantage over the Suns defence. Spreads well and is always keen to get the ball moving forward via a handball.
Topups - Sertbas (#56) won a free and kicked a goal via the new sliding rule when a Sun slid into his legs. Head (#59) again reprised his role as a tall forward and relief ruckman, but with noticeably less time on the ground until the last quarter when he rucked to fill in for the injured White. Can't remember anything about Kiel (#57) or Weir (#60)

Swans 7.6 10.12 12.16 15.20 (110)
Suns 1.0 3.3 5.5 10.5 (65)

Xie Shan
7th April 2013, 10:23 PM
Great write up once again ugg.

dimelb
7th April 2013, 11:34 PM
Thanks ugg, much appreciated.

Swansongster
8th April 2013, 01:23 AM
Thanks Ugg. Love your work.

ShockOfHair
8th April 2013, 10:18 AM
Thanks Ugg. Interesting remarks about Membrey, Armstrong and Walsh.

rojo
8th April 2013, 01:04 PM
Thanks Primmy, Liz and Ugg for your reports. We are really spoiled but very happy!

magic.merkin
8th April 2013, 01:29 PM
cheers Ugg and co

Doctor
8th April 2013, 03:37 PM
You guys rock. Love your work.

Primmy
8th April 2013, 06:59 PM
Just a follow up.

I tweeted a congrats to the coach Jared Crouch. His reply is "thanks another good group Of players very easy to coach"

Augers well.

ugg
12th April 2013, 10:57 AM
NEAFL TV - Round 3.

Highlights from our game from 1:10 - 2:03
NEAFL TV - Round 3 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaGxls0wT0M)

jono2707
12th April 2013, 12:42 PM
Just to add on more thing - I'm really glad I made the effort to attend the Ressies on Saturday - apart from seeing the rest of our list play, it was a very high standard match. Well worth making the effort to see them play when we come up against GWS or the Suns again IMO.