PDA

View Full Version : Lewis Jetta 9 disposals in one qtr

Auntie.Gerald
26th April 2013, 08:48 AM
good to see Lewis Jetta achieve 9 disposals in the one qtr against the Saints

that s pretty much his average for whole game performances in 2013 !

ScottH
26th April 2013, 08:54 AM
Good, but they weren't very damaging like 2012.

Primmy
26th April 2013, 08:57 AM
9 disposals? I would call that Activated.

Auntie.Gerald
26th April 2013, 09:09 AM
agree scott but it was a better stat overall and if the handpass from goodes stuck we might have seen Lewis run 70m and kick a goal

ScottH
26th April 2013, 09:25 AM
Anyway, according to the AFL stats he only had 7 (6 Kicks, 1 HB)

aardvark
26th April 2013, 12:16 PM
A couple of times there he didn't look happy. His body language was terrible. Maybe he's getting the message!

Nich
26th April 2013, 12:24 PM
As a sub - he should be hungry as all hell. He should be first to those contests when the ball is in dispute. I know he's light framed and maybe his instructions are to stay out of the rough stuff but geez. He could have pulled the ball out a few times but he was second to the ball. He should be first to the ball. Bloods hunger. Need to see it.

giant
26th April 2013, 01:02 PM
Looked good, sub is a good option for him while he gets his confidence back.

ShockOfHair
26th April 2013, 01:20 PM
Anyway, according to the AFL stats he only had 7 (6 Kicks, 1 HB)

They didn't count the sizzling toe-poke to the boundary

magic.merkin
26th April 2013, 04:40 PM
I was a bit disappoint with impact regardless of stats. But its a 1/4 of footy in not his ideal conditions. I liked that Goodes tried to involve him in that play. Couldn't see if he had other options ahead at the time or not.

Pretty sure he was playing on Geary who kicked a goal in the last. Jetta had run off him marking someone else further up the ground and they switched it sideways and into Geary.

Another game as sub and he will be underdone going on our past sub use/drops. So interesting times....

dimelb
26th April 2013, 11:22 PM
Geary started bashing Jetts as soon as he came on - shoulder, forearm etc. I was pleased to see Benny intervene. Grub.

Gezball
27th April 2013, 08:41 AM
I actually thought Jetta looked like he was trying harder. He never took off but at least he looked like he wanted to and was looking for an opportunity to run. For mine in previous games he looked less hungry and hasn't even threatened to run.

undy
27th April 2013, 11:22 AM
I agree, and I also applaud Goodes for trying to bring him into it - I'd contrast that to last week, when he was looked off on the wing (by Hanners ?), and the ball centered to Kennedy who then gave up that horrible goal. He was a bit more mobile this week.

I'm sure he'll get his mojo back, its not as though he hasn't been through this before.

swanspant12
27th April 2013, 12:19 PM
Is Jetts out of contract at the end of the year? Im worried to be honest.

jono2707
27th April 2013, 01:04 PM
I don't think another week as sub would hurt Jetts - match fitness isn't his problem so I don't think a run in the Ressies is needed. He's certainly a better option for Sub than Morton (should play a full game if selected) or Bird (back to playing full games by the looks of it). Leaves it down to Andrejs or Lamb if he gets a run, otherwise Jetts....

wolftone57
27th April 2013, 03:24 PM
those conditions were suited to inside mids not outside mids. He did well under the conditions and don't blame him for not getting away from the Goodes delivery it was pretty ordinary. A sign of the conditions, Goodsie didn't handle them that well either but Parker, Bolts, Benny, Macca, Rampe, joey (if he could get free of being held all the time), Birdie seemed to handle it ok. Marty was dreadful in the first half couldn't get a handle on the ball at all. Mal also had his moments, sometimes he was brilliant and then the ball just slipped through his fingers into the hands of opposition. The big guys at least brought the ball to ground and Grundy, Teddy and Mikey all took some really great marks, very hard in those conditions. Reg fell on his bum a couple of times but you can't blame him the surface in parts was just incredibly slippery.

YvonneH
29th April 2013, 09:07 AM
How interesting would it be to see Lewis up against Jake Neade (Port Adelaide) speedwise. Jake looks faster (maybe because he is smaller and his steps are shorter). Boy there are some speedsters out there now and interestingly enough most of them are indigenous.