PDA

View Full Version : Unsung heroes

Beerman
29th April 2013, 08:05 PM
Ok Swans fans - pop quiz. Without looking it up, who finished highest in last year's Bob Skilton medal count? Was it:

(a) Adam Goodes
(b) Shane Mumford
(c) Craig Bird
(d) Dan Hannebery
(e) Jude Bolton

swansrob
29th April 2013, 09:07 PM
I'd go with Hanners

Auntie.Gerald
29th April 2013, 09:16 PM
Birdman !

Jewels
29th April 2013, 09:18 PM
I reckon from that list it was the little Birdy - he had a terrific 2012 and from memory polled in most games.

Ludwig
29th April 2013, 09:25 PM
For some reason I recall Bird snuck in at number 10, but don't know if that's good enough to take the prize. Can't recall where Hanners went.

liz
29th April 2013, 09:31 PM
I reckon from that list it was the little Birdy - he had a terrific 2012 and from memory polled in most games.

Yep, Bird finished around 7 or 8 I think, with Hanners sneaking into the top 10 at number 10 (from memory - I haven't cheated and looked it up).

Xie Shan
29th April 2013, 10:10 PM
I knew without looking it up that it had to be Bird, the others aren't exactly unsung heroes :) But yes he did have a great 2012 and was an integral part of our midfield, is definitely rated by me.

Beerman
1st May 2013, 09:11 AM
Bird it is! Probably the least rated (or at least talked about) player by swans fans. Yet he finished above all those players people would consider champions.

He has his faults, but he was a tackling machine last year and generally very good. Congrats to him, and many more premierships, I hope!

i'm-uninformed2
1st May 2013, 09:23 AM
Maybe this belongs in the 'Melbourne media' thread but . . . it's funny watching them all rave at the moment about Grant Birchall and how clubs need to cotton onto his influence and shut his drive down.

Umm, didn't they notice the Swans worked this out last year, and Bird spent GF day doing just that to him and Hodge, and knocked up 20 possies himself? Of course they didn't. Fools.

dimelb
1st May 2013, 12:21 PM
His non-selection didn't help us against the Cats.
I rest on my sig.

RogueSwan
1st May 2013, 02:55 PM
...I rest on my sig.

I like Mike Pyke too.