PDA

View Full Version : Hoodoos!

johnno
25th May 2013, 03:21 PM
Collingwood-Adelaide-M.C.G.

Are they all officially gone now?

liz
25th May 2013, 03:29 PM
How many games in a row against a team does a club have to win before it officially becomes a "streak"?

Untamed Snark
25th May 2013, 03:51 PM
How many games in a row against a team does a club have to win before it officially becomes a "streak"?

Melbourne teams one, non melbourne teams at least double figures

gossipcom
25th May 2013, 04:13 PM
Breaking down of the team bus hoodoo. Quashed :)

Meg
25th May 2013, 05:43 PM

We quashed that hoodoo last year. A couple of days before the Grand Final I saw an official Swans car, plastered with the official Swans logos, broken down in Market Street in the Sydney CBD with the driver forlornly calling for assistance on his mobile. I was too scared to tell anyone as I was afraid it was a bad omen. Well we know how that turned out on that magic day .......!!

CureTheSane
25th May 2013, 05:49 PM
Over time the lineups in two teams change.
I always see us struggling against a lowly Richmond in the past.
I'd suggest that over the years the Swans and the Wobbles have both changed in a way that give us better individual match ups - or at least on the night with injuries etc.
Longmire has probably made the biggest difference IMO

Same with West Coast - we may be at a point where one team will dominate more than in recent years.

swans_premiers
25th May 2013, 05:53 PM
Back to Back hoodoo still exists.

Made the grand final after our last 2 premierships and lost.

Jewels
25th May 2013, 06:30 PM
Back to Back hoodoo still exists.

Made the grand final after our last 2 premierships and lost.

Hopefully we can lay that one to rest on the last Saturday in September!

dimelb
25th May 2013, 06:46 PM
That was a funny one.
I have a theory about that. I wonder if the sudden disruption of transport, rush for taxis, abandoning taxis and taking the tram - all of which seemed to amuse the boys no end - lowered tension, raised spirits, and sent them into the game in a positive frame of mind. Perhaps they could do with a comedy routine instead of a coach's talk before they go on?

Big Al
25th May 2013, 09:06 PM
That was a funny one.
I have a theory about that. I wonder if the sudden disruption of transport, rush for taxis, abandoning taxis and taking the tram - all of which seemed to amuse the boys no end - lowered tension, raised spirits, and sent them into the game in a positive frame of mind. Perhaps they could do with a comedy routine instead of a coach's talk before they go on?

I offered Jude Bolton on Twitter to build a tram line to the SCG if it would help. He seemed to like the idea . ;)

mcs
26th May 2013, 11:20 AM
I offered Jude Bolton on Twitter to build a tram line to the SCG if it would help. He seemed to like the idea . ;)

:clap: Awesome call Big Al!

Triple B
27th May 2013, 12:05 PM
I'd suggest that over the years the Swans and the Wobbles have both changed in a way that give us better individual match ups - or at least on the night with injuries etc.
Longmire has probably made the biggest difference IMO

Can't help but think the Malthouse factor leaving had the most to do with it. One thing about that run of losses against the Pies was we were NEVER in any of those games. Every year we went to ANZ pumped for a big game in front of a big crowd and the contest was over by 1/4 time, year in, year out. Malthouse seemed to have us covered.

Fortunately he doesn't appear to have anywhere near the quality of cattle at Carlton.

goswannie14
27th May 2013, 12:30 PM
Can't help but think the Malthouse factor leaving had the most to do with it. One thing about that run of losses against the Pies was we were NEVER in any of those games. Every year we went to ANZ pumped for a big game in front of a big crowd and the contest was over by 1/4 time, year in, year out. Malthouse seemed to have us covered.

Fortunately he doesn't appear to have anywhere near the quality of cattle at Carlton.Pretty much what I have been thinking too.

Jewels
27th May 2013, 12:55 PM
So does this mean we are going to be Carltons bitches now? ????