PDA

View Full Version : two things

Auntie.Gerald
2nd June 2013, 08:28 AM
FIRSTLY:

I am massively impressed by the evolution of our backline at the moment

no LRT, Mattner, AJ and Shaw to maintain our quality defence right now yet........Ted, Grundy, Macca, Mal, Rampe, Incy and Smith have really made us rock solid back there. Mal and Macca have stepped up the leadership and structures in the backline massively and we have a good 7 guys who fit into 6 spots !

one who has probably gone a little unoticed (which is a great thing) because in the past he was noticed somewhat for the wrong reasons is Incy

little spida is playing with such confidence and when the kid drives the ball forward he is hitting targets 60m away with momentum for the run forward

SECONDLY:

in the past I would be seriously worried if Bolton and ROK were not in the midfield rotation - but this season and last has shown how much midfield rotation depth we have for many years to come

It was only two years ago when we we still relied on bursts from Adam Goodes to get us in the game. Now we have so much competition it is not funny !

The mid pack for many years to come:

Jack - top 10 AFL midfielder no matter what anyone saids
Kennedy - unbelievable development since coming to the Swans
Macca - best form of is life and playing many roles. Leading by example
Hannes - almost impossible to stay with in the last two qtrs of the game.
Parker - just looks like he owns a spot now
Bird - on fire last couple of weeks and makes it very very hard for
Jetts - brilliant 2013 and about to start peaking
Mitchell - ready after one game !!! just ready already !
Lamble - not far off and showing that he has also evolved from an outside forward flanker to close to an inside for seniors.......dominating ressies now !
Mcglynn - still rotates thru the middle when needed and he is in peak form also. Hard nut with a finishing flair for goal that is starting rival some of the other best small forwards in the comp

Bolton - you would guess is his last year given our talent in the mids and forwards
ROK - still has another two years I feel

Auntie.Gerald
2nd June 2013, 08:34 AM
BTW who is this man ??

SwansTV: Nick Malceski post match interview - SYDNEYSWANS.com.au (http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/video/2013-06-01/swanstv-nick-malceski-post-match-interview)

I have never heard Mal so confident and clear........Eski is in the house !

DamY
2nd June 2013, 09:59 AM
All really good points. Malceski was also harassing through the midfield as well. I hope we can keep all our mids!
I think it's Jude's last year, ROK and Goodesy's second last. But I thought last year would be Jude's last, who knows, he could come into some form later in the year *fingers crossed*

baskin
2nd June 2013, 10:29 AM
I am loving the game Pebbles is playing at the moment. He seems to always be the one at the bottom of the pack who hands the ball to the umpire for a ball up. Just like Kirky used to do.

Legs Akimbo
2nd June 2013, 12:10 PM
I actually think all the injuries will benefit its in the long term. players who otherwise would be getting limited game time getting it. The result will put us in good stead in the business end of the season, but possibly afterward too. Less likely to think about other options if you have been getting a game. Thinking specifically about Everett and lamb but possibly others too.

dimelb
2nd June 2013, 12:50 PM
Agree with all your assessments AG.
I'd just add, Ben McGlynn is our Paul Chapman. And has had a great last two weeks.

Melbourne_Blood
2nd June 2013, 01:29 PM
Agree on Benny. He's been super the past fortnight, hard running, smashes into bodies like a maniac, and finishing nicely. He's a tough little nugget!