PDA

View Full Version : Changes for Rnd 11 v Crows.

aardvark
2nd June 2013, 03:07 PM
Outs. Walsh inj.
Ins. Shaw or Mattner or LRT or anyone but White!

mcs
2nd June 2013, 03:18 PM
Out Walsh, In White. Assuming of course Mattner or Shaw aren't fit (which even if they are, I'd expect we may not risk them with a bye the week after to extend potential recovery time.

aardvark
2nd June 2013, 03:39 PM
Maybe we could look at Alex Brown or The "X" Man........

ernie koala
2nd June 2013, 03:45 PM
Out : Walsh
In : White

Sub : Everitt ( or if it needs to be a small, Bolton)

Auntie.Gerald
2nd June 2013, 03:57 PM
I wouldnt be surprised if Incy is pushed up forward if one of our backs who has been injured makes the game

I just cant see Tom Mitchell dropped even though we have the choice from 7 regulars of our 22 that will bit by bit come back

Doctor
2nd June 2013, 05:41 PM
Out: Walsh
In: White

Do we know how Bird's elbow is?

Panttz
2nd June 2013, 05:48 PM
Everitt forward, replacing Walsh for Mattner/Shaw if fit.

If none of those guys are fit bring Lamb back in as sub and play Mitchell from the start.

Swansongster
2nd June 2013, 07:41 PM
You'd have to think that if White isn't picked, he is never going to be picked again.

alt_mattr
2nd June 2013, 08:28 PM
I would like to see White in for Walsh with Mitchell the sub again. Another option is to push Everitt forward, but they didn't do that last week, so I can't see it happening. Against Adelaide do we need height or speed? If the speed is important then give Bolton more time up front and put Mitchell in to replace Walsh - then have either White or Lamb as the sub. If height is important then it has to be White. Whether or not the selectors think he is a long term prospect he is a quality player and the best of the big men left standing.

MattW
2nd June 2013, 08:58 PM
Exactly.

Everitt forward, replacing Walsh for Mattner/Shaw if fit.

If none of those guys are fit bring Lamb back in as sub and play Mitchell from the start.

swanspant12
3rd June 2013, 02:01 AM
Out: Walsh
In: Membrey

boroboy
3rd June 2013, 01:06 PM
Both coaches and players have recently made it clear that the best 22 get picked each week, irrespective of their positions.

If anyone on this board seriously thinks Jesse is in our best 22 then you need to have a long, hard think about your footy....

barry
3rd June 2013, 01:37 PM
Both coaches and players have recently made it clear that the best 22 get picked each week, irrespective of their positions.

If anyone on this board seriously thinks Jesse is in our best 22 then you need to have a long, hard think about your footy....

You are right of course. Many of us still harbour romantic visions of White being the gun full forward we all hoped he would be 5 years ago.

CJK
3rd June 2013, 01:49 PM
*Reads Thread*

It's going to be a looooooog week

ernie koala
3rd June 2013, 01:56 PM
I must say, I harbour no hope for White at the Swans...

Let's face it, his papers were stamped last year, he is still with us by default only.

But given this week we have no LRT, Reid, Walsh or Tippett...I reckon they will play him, Horse loves a tall forward line.

Personally I'd prefer us to play the next best player..probably Lamb...but it won't happen.

Ruck'n'Roll
3rd June 2013, 02:25 PM
The injury/unavailability toll on our KPP's is getting ridiculous, AJ, DirtyKurt, Walsh, LRT, Sammy.

Although I suspect we won't do so, if we did decide to replace Walsh with a tall, our choices are currently Lockyer, Membrey (both of whom have showed talent in the 2's) and dare I say it . . . . Jessie!

Speaking of underwhelming players, and in view of my disdain for his earlier efforts, I think in all fairness I should acknowledge how well 'Dre is doing as a 3rd tall defender. Well done!

As for this week, I suspect we'll go small, and bring back Lamb.

Nico
3rd June 2013, 02:40 PM
We forget we have one very handy tall, mobile forward: name, Adam Goodes. A reasonable decoy for our other forwards. Just give him time, he might well be a champion footballer.

caj23
3rd June 2013, 05:53 PM
(boroboy)

So what was Tommy Walsh doing in the team on Saturday night then?

3rd June 2013, 05:57 PM
We forget we have one very handy tall, mobile forward: name, Adam Goodes. A reasonable decoy for our other forwards. Just give him time, he might well be a champion footballer.

A forward, albeit tall, fast, mobile & strong, who struggles with accuracy from a set shot. As a forward, he is a champion midfielder

3rd June 2013, 06:03 PM
[I]
So what was Tommy Walsh doing in the team on Saturday night then?

Ensuring that Jesse gets another chance, by outing himself for the rest of the season with that hammy injury

Get better Tommy
Good luck Jesse

Matimbo
3rd June 2013, 06:13 PM
Walsh's season over as Swans' injuries grow - AFL.com.au (http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-06-03/walshs-season-over)

Shaw no chance this weekend, Marty no certainty according to this report.

Ludwig
3rd June 2013, 06:59 PM
Freo have been playing without any tall forwards. Chris Mayne, who's not much bigger than Morton was their FF. They pulled the plug on the 2nd ruckman at halftime vs. Adelaide. They won the game. I know the conditions suited Freo and smaller players, but I wouldn't mind seeing little guys running around Rutten, Talia and Otten.

Mummy looked good in the ruck last week and I suspect will do most of the ruckwork, leaving Pyke to play more of a forward role. We have Goodesy floating about and Morton can play taller than his actual height would suggest. Morton has done okay with taller opponents on him.

We did fine last week without another tall forward. I would bring in Lamb or Armstrong as the only change, probably as the sub. I wouldn't mind seeing Lamb get a start and have Jude as sub. We should try to get some more gametime into the next reserves players in the queue. You never know when you might need them.

dimelb
3rd June 2013, 07:21 PM
We did fine last week without another tall forward. I would bring in Lamb or Armstrong as the only change, probably as the sub. I wouldn't mind seeing Lamb get a start and have Jude as sub. We should try to get some more gametime into the next reserves players in the queue. You never know when you might need them.

I like this idea.

mcs
3rd June 2013, 07:51 PM
I think it will be Jesse in - unless the weather is dodgy in Adelaide. We looked good after Walsh went off on Saturday with an additional midfielder, but the conditions were very suited to it, as Essendon found to their detriment. If its a dry day in Adelaide, I'd be very surprised if we don't replace Walsh with another tall.

ernie koala
3rd June 2013, 11:21 PM
The change I'd like to see, on a regular basis, is Bolton as the sub.

He could come in early, if there was an injury, and play his usual role.

Or coming in late, his experience would be great, particularly in a tight game.

If he was subbed regularly (ie every 2nd or third week) it would help his longevity no end...And a fresh Jude come finals would be a bonus.

barry
3rd June 2013, 11:36 PM
Yeah, the dogs have been using giaseracusa as the sub

jetts32
4th June 2013, 04:21 PM
The only obvious one would probably be Walsh out, White in?
Hope White can kick a few goals if he comes in.
Also hope Mitchell stays in and gets a full game? That'll be great too see.
Although sadly he'll probably start as sub again.
Thoughts?

ernie koala
4th June 2013, 05:24 PM
Hey Jetts there is already a thread..."changes round 11"...Put your 2 cents worth in there.

BTW, agree White will almost certainly come in...like it or not....I think Mitchell might get a start this week...

Horse said as much today.

As for sub...who knows.

jetts32
4th June 2013, 07:14 PM
Thanks! Didn't see it!

jetts32
4th June 2013, 07:21 PM
Some of you guys are a bit harsh on White, in the one game he played he did better than Walsh in a game and a quarter.
You'd think we need a tall down there, otherwise why would recruit Tippet if you're fine going small? Haha

Ludwig
4th June 2013, 08:19 PM
Adelaide have done well covering tall forwards. In the Hawthorne game, Roughhead kicked 1 while Buddy and Hale went goalless. In the North Melbourne game only 3 of the 19 goals were kicked by KKPs, Lindsay Thomas kicking 5. They are more vulnerable to smaller players, while Rutten and Talia seem to do okay against bigger opponents. Their back 6 haven't played a lot of footy together, so if you can cause of bit of chaos near their goal, they seem lose the plot with the coverage.

They have a history of problems covering Goodes, who has kicked plenty of goals against them recently, so having him going forward is not a detriment. I would bring Lamb into the side and play him as a small forward, along with Benny and Morto, we'd have 3 small forwards with a good sense for goal. Maybe Jude as the sub, because I'd prefer seeing both Mitchell and Lamb get full games.

I know White seems the natural replacement for Walsh, but we did fine when Mitchell replaced Walsh, without any drop off in our scoring power.

Red
4th June 2013, 08:35 PM
My half-serious suggestion:

In: Jesse White, Dean Towers (pick 22).
Out: Tommy Walsh (inj), Jude Bolton (rest)

Rationale: Jesse in for Tommy, Dean for experience and outside speed. But mainly to show the #$%^ing Crows what might have been had they not refused our generosity.

wolftone57
4th June 2013, 09:07 PM
Outs. Walsh inj.
Ins. Shaw or Mattner or LRT or anyone but White!

Every one of those players mentioned is still injured. Rhyce has injured his groin again. Absolutely no hanky panky Rhyce. Marty has had a set back and LRt hasn't started running yet either. Bad luck you get Jesse.

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldnt be surprised if Incy is pushed up forward if one of our backs who has been injured makes the game

I just cant see Tom Mitchell dropped even though we have the choice from 7 regulars of our 22 that will bit by bit come back

Mal and macca will stay just where they are as they have been sensational. Mal 29, Macca 34 off the half back.

- - - Updated - - -

The injury/unavailability toll on our KPP's is getting ridiculous, AJ, DirtyKurt, Walsh, LRT, Sammy.

Although I suspect we won't do so, if we did decide to replace Walsh with a tall, our choices are currently Lockyer, Membrey (both of whom have showed talent in the 2's) and dare I say it . . . . Jessie!

Speaking of underwhelming players, and in view of my disdain for his earlier efforts, I think in all fairness I should acknowledge how well 'Dre is doing as a 3rd tall defender. Well done!

As for this week, I suspect we'll go small, and bring back Lamb.

Neither Membrey or Lockyer are ready yet. Membrey didn't cope too well against really strong opposition like the Lions. Lockyer has only now found his feet and is playing well. Neither is ready for seniors footy. Xav Richards is more ready than either and he is only a rookie.

Chilcott
5th June 2013, 09:35 AM
The only change will be White in for Walsh.

I think it's important for our structure that we have a tall target a CHF to compliment, Goodes and he resting ruckman.

I don't expect much from Jesse, but if he can provide a contest, it enables our midfielders to get to more contests in the forward half and kick goals.

Melbourne_Blood
5th June 2013, 04:24 PM
I'd rather Jesse share the ruck role more and free up Pyke, and to a lesser extent Mummy to spend more time forward. Both are a thousand ones more likely to clunk a mark than he is.

ugg
6th June 2013, 05:07 PM
I'm hearing there may be an out-of-the-box name in the team tonight. Could just be the emergency though.

Melbourne_Blood
6th June 2013, 05:10 PM
Out of the box? Membrey perhaps? Surely He'd wouldn't qualify as it ofthe box

Melbourne_Blood
6th June 2013, 05:12 PM
Jed I mean not he'd

ernie koala
6th June 2013, 05:30 PM
I'm hearing there may be an out-of-the-box name in the team tonight. Could just be the emergency though.

Tantalising Ugg....Who do you think?

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe a running attacking defender..??......Mr Towers perhaps.

Nico
6th June 2013, 05:53 PM

Jack in the box perhaps.

aardvark
6th June 2013, 05:54 PM
Maybe we could look at Alex Brown or The "X" Man........

Hmmm i could be right after all! I like the idea of Teddy and the "X" man!

On-Baller
6th June 2013, 05:59 PM
Brandon Jack to be sub,diesel too play full game,either Brandon or maybe Towers.

stellation
6th June 2013, 06:17 PM
Jack in the box perhaps.

That'd be my guess.

ugg
6th June 2013, 06:35 PM
Was that too obvious, perhaps I should have said I hear a younger brother may be getting a chance this week. Try working that one out!

Twitter @AFL_PKeane Patrick Keane
The Sydney Swans have placed Tommy Walsh on the Long Term Injury List and upgraded Brandon Jack from the rookie list as his replacement.

- - - Updated - - -

I doubt he's made the final 22 otherwise there would have been the usual hoopla about him making his debut like Tom Mitchell last week, especially given his background and link to Kieren. So I'm guessing he's an emergency, and probably the one that won't fly to Adelaide but instead will go to the GC with the ressies.

/pure speculation

Swansongster
6th June 2013, 06:36 PM
Imagine having two brothers who were both 300 gamers. You'd hope they would have lots of sons, too.

royboy42
6th June 2013, 06:36 PM
Just had a whisper of what Ugg is getting from a different source ( I think)

On-Baller
6th June 2013, 06:49 PM
After Horses glowing praise and seeming surprise at how quickly Brandon has progressed during interview with KB on tuesday it just seemed he couldnt be too far away.Hope he gets a go,maybe Bolts given a rest.

ugg
6th June 2013, 07:26 PM
Adelaide changes
IN: Crouch Henderson McKernan
OUT: Brown Martin Lyons

- - - Updated - - -

Woahhhh.

In: B.Jack, White
Out: Jetta, Walsh

On-Baller
6th June 2013, 07:30 PM
Wow was Jetta just ommited?Surely there must be some sort of niggle for him to be out,so theyve replaced pace with pace i guess.

aardvark
6th June 2013, 07:31 PM
Wow! Is Jets injured or dropped?

Beerman
6th June 2013, 07:39 PM
Wow! Is Jets injured or dropped?

Calf soreness it says on the AFL site

Bleed Red Blood
6th June 2013, 07:39 PM
I think Jettas got a calf complaint?
Def not dropped anyway.

Here's hoping Brandon Jack has a great one. I would have liked Lamb to get another opportunity but maybe they want him getting a full game in the ressies, whilst the younger Jack will probly be sub?

aardvark
6th June 2013, 07:40 PM
Ah.... the old shin soreness!

royboy42
6th June 2013, 07:43 PM
Jets didnt appear on the track at all on Tuesday...club says he didn't train today either..hopefully back after the bye..

stellation
6th June 2013, 07:49 PM
Go big Jesse. Prove 'em wrong,

Nico
6th June 2013, 07:59 PM
Brandon is the sling shot. Jetts went off just after his deft tap to McGlynn IIRC. Will be genuinely missed. I suspect one of the talls will be sub. I would suggest Mitchell is in for good baring injury. Can't wait to see him on the big grounds. How could anyone even query if Jetts was dropped. Strewth, the man's a superstar. Have found a sports bar on Phi Phi Island that has the game so I am forced to stay yet another day. Cold in Melbourne I hear. Glorious sunny day here about 35 and little humidity. Another Tiger beer coming up. Cheers.

swanspant12
6th June 2013, 08:20 PM
Geez this is certainly a danger game IMO.

Although there without Walker and Tippett, we have no Reid, Jetta, Mattner, Shaw, LRT, AJ. If we can beat Adelaide on their home turf this will be one of the wins of the season considering how many we have out. Good luck to BJ! 2 Jack's in the same team, very exciting.

ScottH
6th June 2013, 08:23 PM
Brandon is the sling shot. Jetts went off just after his deft tap to McGlynn IIRC. Will be genuinely missed. I suspect one of the talls will be sub. I would suggest Mitchell is in for good baring injury. Can't wait to see him on the big grounds. How could anyone even query if Jetts was dropped. Strewth, the man's a superstar. Have found a sports bar on Phi Phi Island that has the game so I am forced to stay yet another day. Cold in Melbourne I hear. Glorious sunny day here about 35 and little humidity. Another Tiger beer coming up. Cheers.

bzzzzshhhzzbzzzzshhhh.
You're breaking up!!

Great news for young Jack.
Speedster for speedster.
Tall for Tall.

I'm guessing Morton for Sub. Might show a bit of X factor.

ugg
6th June 2013, 08:24 PM
Start BJ as the sub, bring him on for a tall (prob. White) just before 3 quarter time and tell him to run hard and chase down those Adelaide defenders.

swansrob
6th June 2013, 08:40 PM
Towers is an emergency this week - one step closer to a debut. On debuts, BJ will be the fourth player we've blooded (pun intended) this year. Good job by all those boys cracking into a premiership side!

Triple B
6th June 2013, 10:01 PM
Almost certainly BJ will start with the vest and to be honest, he's well suited to it at this early stage. As ugg said, bring him on in the second half and let that speed loose. Should be good fun.
On 360 tonight you could see Jets doing handball drills in the background with LRT, Sam and Rhyce, so there is little doubt his injury is legitimate.

Melbourne_Blood
6th June 2013, 10:56 PM
Mitchell, Rampe, Jack. Who's our fourth debutant, I'm drawing blanks.

ScottH
6th June 2013, 10:59 PM
Mitchell, Rampe, Jack. Who's our fourth debutant, I'm drawing blanks.

baa

Melbourne_Blood
6th June 2013, 11:02 PM
Thanks, completely lost that one !

swanspant12
6th June 2013, 11:30 PM
Really worried about our lack of pace against the crows this weekend. Goodesy must play around the midfield.

Ludwig
6th June 2013, 11:41 PM
Really worried about our lack of pace against the crows this weekend. Goodesy must play around the midfield.

Didn't you see Mummy sprint half the length of the field last week to get onto a pass from Jetts that never came?

I wouldn't worry one bit. Jetts out of the sling, Mummy in.

Next week we'll all be talking about the new Supersized Slingshot.

dimelb
6th June 2013, 11:59 PM
The new boy's pretty quick. So's his big (I mean older) brother. So are Hannebery and Mitchell. We'll do OK.

Gezball
7th June 2013, 12:37 AM
Geez this is certainly a danger game IMO.

Although there without Walker and Tippett, we have no Reid, Jetta, Mattner, Shaw, LRT, AJ. If we can beat Adelaide on their home turf this will be one of the wins of the season considering how many we have out. Good luck to BJ! 2 Jack's in the same team, very exciting.

You mean WE'LL be without Tippett! :wink:

Ruck'n'Roll
7th June 2013, 08:53 AM
Imagine having two brothers who were both 300 gamers. You'd hope they would have lots of sons, too.
Perhaps it"s just because of the debut down south, but do any of the other old swans read this post and hear a breahy but mournful susuration in the leaves of the trees . . . . . . . . . . "Don't forget the Danihers"]

ScottH
7th June 2013, 09:22 AM
You mean WE'LL be without Tippett! :wink:

haha.

Everyone is without Tippett.
But not for Long!!

mcs
7th June 2013, 10:12 AM

It is a danger game, but we will be fine. Play hard contested footy like we did in the qualifying final and we'll only need to kick 12 or 13 goals to win, as they simply won't get the chances to score. As long as we play the game on our terms, I'm confident we will beat them.

Matimbo
7th June 2013, 01:56 PM
Didn't you see Mummy sprint half the length of the field last week to get onto a pass from Jetts that never came?

Yes, the big man must have been dirty on Jetta for that. Now Jetta has shin soreness. Kick in the shin back in the dressing room to make his point?? :tongue:

ScottH
7th June 2013, 03:04 PM
Yes, the big man must have been dirty on Jetta for that. Now Jetta has shin soreness. Kick in the shin back in the dressing room to make his point?? :tongue:

No wonder it would have hurt. Those big boots against those skinny shins.

Mummy did look a bit disappointed. All that effort for no result.

barry
7th June 2013, 11:45 PM
This would have to be one of the weakest swans sides to run on the paddock for the last few years.

Danger game

wolftone57
8th June 2013, 02:18 PM
This would have to be one of the weakest swans sides to run on the paddock for the last few years.

Danger game

I don't agree with you Barry. I remember in 2010 and before we put far worse sides on the park. I think this side has some really positive elements. The first is the strength of our depth. Second is the forward pressure that players like Mitch and Benny are able to produce week in week out. Third is the back line is starting to settle into a rhythm again and Drey is fitting in there very nicely.

Barry we are a very strong side and we have huge depth now. This game is only a danger game if our boys let it be as i believe we are a far better side than the Ravens.

kangle4
8th June 2013, 04:22 PM
Brandon Jack is sub, no surprise.

RogueSwan
8th June 2013, 04:25 PM
Probably one of the least experienced sides we've put on the field.