PDA

View Full Version : Paul Bevan in WA

Nolie
15th June 2013, 02:12 PM
Thought the Eastern State redandwhiteonliners would like to know that Paul Bevan has been starring in Perth (for the Perth football club) in the WAFL. Leading the goal-kicking list, booted seven in a game last week and was selected to represent WA against the Vics in recent interstate match.

An article in todays West Australian summarises it. Am not good at computer stuff so I hope I have got the correct link here:

Perth skipper Bevan leads from front - The West Australian (http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/-/wafl/17600403/perth-skipper-bevan-leads-from-front/)

Swansongster
15th June 2013, 02:35 PM
Thought the Eastern State redandwhiteonliners would like to know that Paul Bevan has been starring in Perth (for the Perth football club) in the WAFL. Leading the goal-kicking list, booted seven in a game last week and was selected to represent WA against the Vics in recent interstate match.

An article in todays West Australian summarises it. Am not good at computer stuff so I hope I have got the correct link here:

Perth skipper Bevan leads from front - The West Australian (http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/-/wafl/17600403/perth-skipper-bevan-leads-from-front/)

Thanks for that. As a premiership player, he will always be a Swan deserving respect.

Come back Bevo (to give Jesse and LRT a break as RWO whipping boys).

GordonS
15th June 2013, 11:17 PM
it was definitely a shock when he got delisted. i thought he was pretty hard done by at the time

Primmy
16th June 2013, 11:08 AM
I am proud of the way he has taken his setback and made it work for him. He was never going to be able to run at AFL pace, but he played with all heart and steadfastness..

And I am glad Paul did NOT fade into the sunset. There is an element of stubboness in his refusal to stop playing, and to do well. I applaud him. Always had a soft spot for Paul. I like it a lot when that "unknown" quality of why I like certain players over others makes itself evident.

Rod_
17th June 2013, 08:12 PM
Was always a "give all" player, pleased that he is still playing at a high level well!

Ludwig
17th June 2013, 08:55 PM
Should be drafted by Melbourne and made Captain!

Jewels
17th June 2013, 10:19 PM
Should be drafted by Melbourne and made Captain!

A very sensible idea, but far to logical for the Dees and I certainly wouldn't wish that shambolic mess on anyone let alone dear old Bevo.

bloodbloods
18th June 2013, 12:25 AM
Wouldn't be surprised if he did find another afl club, maybe gws as he represents another hardworking nsw rugby league convert from what I remember, also might stir up the nsw footy media a bit too

Primmy
18th June 2013, 01:24 PM
He's another Penno player, but I think he started at year dot. It was his uncle who is the record holder (UK) and I think his father who were League players - something like that anyway. I call him quietly stubborn. And what is wrong with being a big fish in a small pond for once. It's been hard enough, he already has a gong, and now he has respect. Stay right there young man. You deserve it.

GoSouth33
19th June 2013, 11:47 PM
His father was a Padstow boy who went to school at Sir Joseph Banks. Without telling tales, I think the parents might have broken up and Bevo ended up down the south coast with his mother. Anyway, with a rugby league background I think he was able to lay a strong tackle. I really think he is the type of player that GWS could use. There might be a few others on the Swans list who are surplus to our requirements.