PDA

View Full Version : New heights for Pyke

satchmopugdog
29th June 2013, 07:14 AM
Last night in those atrocious conditions Pyke was an inspiration. He more than held his own with the wunderkid Krueser. In fact one of the commentators said he was as good as Krueser for a bargain price.
Another recruiting coup and kudos to the development people.
Pyke virtually rucked all night in leg sapping conditions and was absolutely spent by night's end
So proud of him I could burst.

I think it is Canada day on Monday. If so give him the day off

Auntie.Gerald
29th June 2013, 09:04 AM
brilliant effort

aardvark
29th June 2013, 09:05 AM
I agree Satch, I thought his game was fantastic. The guy is indestructible and you're right he deserves a day off.

Auntie.Gerald
29th June 2013, 09:32 AM
if we are to loose our Mummy - you have to say that a bunch of players like LRT, Jessie, Tippett, Pyke rotation thru the forwards, ruck and or swing roles will work for now

alt_mattr
29th June 2013, 09:40 AM
And late in the game he still had the legs to run off his man into the forward line where he kicked a copy-book goal.

ScottH
29th June 2013, 10:04 AM
I was so hoping he picked up the ball when he and Kruze were running down the wing. I'm still looking forward to his length of field goal/try!!

Go Swannies
29th June 2013, 12:44 PM
For Mike to ruck virtually single-handed and then to go forward and kick goals was an inspiration. He came over to us at the end of the game and had such a serious look of concentration even after the siren that you can see what a dedicated, serious insect he is. And a tall who is great in the wet - good Victoria background there - is a joy. I always had great hopes for him but he has so greatly exceeded them.

ScottH
29th June 2013, 02:58 PM
For Mike to ruck virtually single-handed and then to go forward and kick goals was an inspiration. He came over to us at the end of the game and had such a serious look of concentration even after the siren that you can see what a dedicated, serious insect he is. And a tall who is great in the wet - good Victoria background there - is a joy. I always had great hopes for him but he has so greatly exceeded them.

He is very serious.
Very rarely celebrates a goal too enthusiastically.
Looks like he's concentrating on hat he has to do next!!

And his goal last night in wet conditions was wonderful.

Ludwig
29th June 2013, 03:22 PM
if we are to loose our Mummy - you have to say that a bunch of players like LRT, Jessie, Tippett, Pyke rotation thru the forwards, ruck and or swing roles will work for now

I heard an interview with a Swans 'personality', but didn't catch the name, who said the GWS were really after Mummy. From what I've seen so far with Pyke, Tippett and White, and given the number of good players across the ground that will come back next year, I can't see both Pyke and Mummy playing together. We can do it with the long injury list we have, but cannot see it happening once we get most of our players back. He would definitely be more value than White at the trade table. You can keep White in the Ressies as a backup, but you couldn't do that with Mummy. It may be better to strike a good trade while he's got top value.

Bloody Hell
29th June 2013, 10:36 PM
Mumford is very, very good at full fitness, probably better that Pyke. Unfortunate he is dealing with a lot of injuries at the moment.

Both should play when fit, and I can predict with retirements and the maturing of Reids body how the 4 guys will play:

NOW
Pyke and Mumford share the ruck, Tippett permanent FF. Maybe one of the ruckmen is subbed in the last quarter and Tipp provides a chop out. Reid plays a lead up CHF role up the ground.

3 YEARS FROM NOW
Pyke retires. Mumford and Tipp share the ruck. Reid has bulked up and can hold down FF.

mcs
29th June 2013, 10:41 PM
Pyke has a lovely kicking action as he hasnt got the errors learnt by so many as kids in the backyard. He is a super set shot for goal - my only highlight of last weeks match against port at the ground was turning round to the feral port fan who said after pyke marked in the forward line "dont worry he's @@@@@@@##n useless, worst kick in the competition" "you were saying" after pykey sent it through. He has been superb this year and if he keeps it up will make the initial squad for AA and be unlucky to miss out on the final squad.

YvonneH
30th June 2013, 09:33 AM
Is age such a hugh concern for ruckman as other positions on the ground? Mike is 29 years old I think so hopefully he still has a few years with us if he chooses.

GongSwan
30th June 2013, 10:50 AM
Is age such a hugh concern for ruckman as other positions on the ground? Mike is 29 years old I think so hopefully he still has a few years with us if he chooses.

He's a pretty fit looking bloke, most ruckmen are ended via injury, so if he stays upright and gets his preseasons in I can see him playing longer