PDA

View Full Version : the young ones !!!

Auntie.Gerald
7th July 2013, 07:00 PM
So we have been lucky enough to see a few of our young ones playing Senior Footy this season

......so after 15 rounds how are they placed in your eyes?

Tommy M - he is our BMW M5 !! a seriously good footballer and is a ball magnet and a fierce competitor.......I have been pleasantly surprised just how commanding he is walking into Snr footy.

Lambie - 4 tackles today against the Dee's which is a great effort but only 10 disposals..........found the speed of the game a little tough first 3 qtrs but I must say that he really tried very hard the last qtr. For me still behind M.Morton but does add flexibility as he is as much a midfielder now as he is a HFF.

Brandon - opportunistic goals today but 4 of them and worked fairly hard most of the game. Brandon also made 4 tackles today !!!....Not a bad effort and the MCG is a massive field and he is only building a base. He is on a seriously good trajectory !

Rampe - just looking better every game......will potentially be a 8 to 10 season player for us in the Backs. Big call but the kid a footballer thru and thru.

The almost young ones:

Parks - I must say with Tommy coming into the team Parks has probably found himself tagging and run with roles as much as playing with a little more space. Parks looks all class and has such a great attitude and a very very good mark when he is in packs !

Incy - so happy for the kid he has level jumped and could become a very consistent player in our 22 if he irons out this season with the same level performances minimum - he looks fitter, stronger and hungry for success !

Dosser
7th July 2013, 07:14 PM
Rampe is one of the best kicks of anyone I have ever seen wearing the red and white. His field kicking is sublime and just reminds me of Mark Bayes. He would be the best in the team by a long way and may even make a good wingman when our backs get back.

Daphy
7th July 2013, 08:03 PM
Pretty sure our youth brigade is going to show the league that the term 'premiership window' is redundant, it's called shrewd recruitment and management.

Simo
7th July 2013, 08:14 PM
We have plenty coming though. From the great report e get from the reserves, A, Brown is due. Reg was terrible today and tbh has been more noticeable since lrt went down. Today conditions must have been swirly that we couldn't see on tv. Our disposable across the board was pretty average. Tom Mitchell will win the bob Skelton medal within 5 yrs
Ball magnet.

Xie Shan
7th July 2013, 10:42 PM
Pretty sure our youth brigade is going to show the league that the term 'premiership window' is redundant, it's called shrewd recruitment and management.

It's what Geelong are so good at... I have to admit they do it better than anyone. The Swans do a pretty good job by and large, though.

ugg
7th July 2013, 10:45 PM
Hmm I came into this thread expecting a discussion about Rik Mayall.

Just wanted to add I love Everitt's long goals, just as I loved Paul Williams or Stuart Maxfield kicking them.

Auntie.Gerald
7th July 2013, 11:48 PM
just a side comment

do you think the rule changes of not sliding and no minimal shoulder charges have helped the lighter built players like Incy

Incy can hold his feet coming into a contest on the ground and not have a worry in the world that he will get smashed with a shoulder charge or a slide in from a Luke Hodge to take him out !

gumby_bolts
8th July 2013, 12:01 AM
From twitter "@FoxFootyAnalyst: Tom Mitchell has had at least 15 disp, 5 tackles & 1 goal in his first 5 career games, the first player to do so since stats first recorded."

Nice work.

ScottH
8th July 2013, 09:25 AM
We have plenty coming though. From the great report e get from the reserves, A, Brown is due. Reg was terrible today and tbh has been more noticeable since lrt went down. Today conditions must have been swirly that we couldn't see on tv. Our disposable across the board was pretty average. Tom Mitchell will win the bob Skelton medal within 5 yrs
Ball magnet.
I think it's the other way around.
He doesn't attract the ball, the Ball attracts him.

From twitter "@FoxFootyAnalyst: Tom Mitchell has had at least 15 disp, 5 tackles & 1 goal in his first 5 career games, the first player to do so since stats first recorded."

Nice work.

He has certainly lived up to the hype surrounding him!!

Out of those mentioned above. I think Lamb is the only one that hasn't stamped himself on a game.
Mitchell is a gun.
Jack had a day out yesterday.
Rampe is no star, but is vastly proving to be good defender.
And Lamb has just been OK. Hope there is more to come from him. Lot of good talk about him in the last few years.

Parker is playing some good footy and loves throwing his body into the packs. Takes a great contested mark.
Dre does some great things, but then goes missing for periods. Not convinced he is a stayer.

mcs
8th July 2013, 03:33 PM
Mitchell is an absolute gun..... big chance to win a Brownlow I'd say.

Rampe is just another in a long line of no nonsense, quality defenders that we have had the privilege of watching over the years. Like AJ last year, has slotted in like he knew he belonged and hasn't looked back. He is also a lovely kick, and his ball use is improving all the time. Very calm under pressure as well - really like what I'm seeing.

I always knew Parker would be a star. Given time, Parker and Mitchell will be the equivalent of Kirky and Bolton Version II.

As for the rest, there is plenty to like. BJ has bags of potential, and as he showed yesterday, just like his big brother, he is good below his knees and can kick goals.

Lamb is not making a huge impact, but he has lots of upside and the experience will be doing him well.

We still have a certain flame-haired beast to come back in as well, as well as AJ too :) and that's without considering Sammy Reid when it finally 'clicks' for him (and one day it just will!).

Also, and this is the best part- remember that one Hanners is only 22 this year - and will play (barring any injuries) his 100th later in the season. He may just be the best of the whole lot..

Our Premiership window is well and truly open, but if we continue to recruit well, strike it lucky occasionaly (as we have) with trading, and work hard to maintain our list, there is no reason we can't do what Geelong is currently doing and keep our Premiership window open for quite a while :)

CureTheSane
8th July 2013, 05:15 PM
I'm not sure exactly how teh sliding rule is supposed to be implemented, but I'd like to see it paid when a player takes the legs out of another causing him to fall.
Paying a free for 'what might happen' seems a bit silly.
Kind of like reporting a player for striking when he had a swing and a miss.

The Big Cat
8th July 2013, 05:31 PM
Tom Mitchell will win the bob Skelton medal within 5 yrs
Ball magnet.

I know he's not all that tall but I suspect he weighs too much to win a jockey's award. Big chance for the Bob Skilton medal though.

Ruck'n'Roll
8th July 2013, 05:42 PM
I wonder if 4 goals is enough for a rising star nomination?

ugg
8th July 2013, 06:10 PM
Other contenders:
- Michael Talia won the medal in his game against GWS.
- Jordan Murdoch kicked 3.2 against Hawthorn

MightyBloods
8th July 2013, 06:23 PM

Rampe is just another in a long line of no nonsense, quality defenders that we have had the privilege of watching over the years. Like AJ last year, has slotted in like he knew he belonged and hasn't looked back. He is also a lovely kick, and his ball use is improving all the time. Very calm under pressure as well - really like what I'm seeing.

I always knew Parker would be a star. Given time, Parker and Mitchell will be the equivalent of Kirky and Bolton Version II.

As for the rest, there is plenty to like. BJ has bags of potential, and as he showed yesterday, just like his big brother, he is good below his knees and can kick goals.

Lamb is not making a huge impact, but he has lots of upside and the experience will be doing him well.

We still have a certain flame-haired beast to come back in as well, as well as AJ too :) and that's without considering Sammy Reid when it finally 'clicks' for him (and one day it just will!).

Also, and this is the best part- remember that one Hanners is only 22 this year - and will play (barring any injuries) his 100th later in the season. He may just be the best of the whole lot..

Our Premiership window is well and truly open, but if we continue to recruit well, strike it lucky occasionaly (as we have) with trading, and work hard to maintain our list, there is no reason we can't do what Geelong is currently doing and keep our Premiership window open for quite a while :)

and not forgetting there is one...Lloyd Perris to be added to our young midfield brigade later in the year.

Auntie.Gerald
8th July 2013, 07:07 PM
SwansTV: Brandon bags four: Plays of the Day R15 - SYDNEYSWANS.com.au (http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/video/2013-07-08/swanstv-brandon-bags-four-plays-of-the-day-r15)

the four goals from our Brandon !

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/video/2013-07-08/swanstv-rampe-and-mitchell-combine-plays-of-the-day-r15

never in doubt !!!

the young ones at it again......ps how nice and low was the pass from rampe........perfect !

Bloodthirsty
8th July 2013, 08:34 PM
Laugh if you want, but someone tell me who 'Incy' is...?

ScottH
8th July 2013, 08:52 PM

Everitt.

Younger brother of Peter "Spida" Everitt.
Incy, wincy, spider

Bloodthirsty
9th July 2013, 09:51 PM
Everitt.

Younger brother of Peter "Spida" Everitt.
Incy, wincy, spider

Oh - ok thanks. I've been trying to rack my brains to think of a really tiny new player that we have that wasn't already mentioned. Obviously Everitt was last on my list in the small stakes!

ScottH
9th July 2013, 10:05 PM
Oh - ok thanks. I've been trying to rack my brains to think of a really tiny new player that we have that wasn't already mentioned. Obviously Everitt was last on my list in the small stakes!

Benny would be the closest. ;)

DamY
9th July 2013, 10:13 PM

I think he is more commonly known as Dre

YvonneH
10th July 2013, 09:18 AM
Dre does not have the same ring to it as Incy.

ScottH
10th July 2013, 09:28 AM
Dre does not have the same ring to it as Incy.

The players call him Dre.
I could hear them on the field on Sunday calling him that.

YvonneH
10th July 2013, 09:38 AM
Dre is just a shortening of his name, Incy is a nickname. As long as he is one of us I don't care what they call him.

Triple B
10th July 2013, 12:56 PM
The players call him Dre.
I could hear them on the field on Sunday calling him that.

They're all young and probably never heard 'Incy, wincy spider'. In a few years when they have kids and work their way thru Little Golden Books and nursery rhymes, they'll probably say to themselves "Mmm, so that's what those maniacs on RWO were talking about"...

ShockOfHair
10th July 2013, 01:09 PM
Vyvyan loses his head - The Young Ones - BBC comedy - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcoWdrerLdU)

Thread looked naked without it.

wolftone57
10th July 2013, 02:47 PM

Hannas is a true believer. He was so stoked to be drafted by the Swans. I love the way he pulled his jumper up to show the crowd after kicking a goal. I think a Brownlow is not out of the question this year but he will have to match Kizza all the way.

- - - Updated - - -

do you realise that the average age of the team we put on the park last week was only 22.5. It is interesting people talking about some of our players as though they are seasoned veterans. just look at a few players we seem to expect to be in the mature class;

Dre is only 24 and has taken a while to hit his straps. Some lads keep growing after teens I think he may be one. I think this lad is developing very well.

Mitch is only 26 he still has plenty of time to give this club. He is going to be better than people think. Just let him get over the little niggle and then he will show us.

Lukie is only 21 still learning the caper but what a learner

Smithy is only 25 and at the top of his game

Rampe is 23 and a late developer but boy has he developed

Tommy is only just turned 20 and will probably win a brownlow someday

Lambie is only 21 and I think is just starting to show the skills that have him compared to Daicos.

Joey is only 25 & you'd think he was a veteran of the mids.

Kizza is a young Captain at 26 but what an example

Brandy is 19 & 1 month and a few days and boy is he going to be good.

Birdie is only 24 and I think sometimes we expect a bit too much of the kid. He always seems older and sort of mature so I think we think he is older than he actually is.

Tippett is still only 26. Think about it.

Jesse is only 25 and starting to show what he can do. I think he just took a bit longer as big guys especiallt KPP do.

Jetts is 24 and what a player

Tony A is 23 and a good list player

Xav is only 20 and will be a star Full Back.

Tommy W is 25 and I think will play in the backline eventually

AJ is a star and only 21.

We have some old buggers too;

Bolton 33, Grundy 28, Macca 28, Mal 29, Benny 28, Mummy 29, ROK 33, Pykie 29, Goodsie 33, Rhyce 32, LRT 30.

Next year could see a lot of retirements I think as Jude joins Marty. But I think Rhyce, LRT & Goodsie might just think about it as well.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way it is not Incy Wincy spider it is Eensy Weensy Spider or Itsy Bitsy spider.

this is the link to the song;

http://www.kididdles.com/lyrics/e001.html

ScottH
10th July 2013, 02:56 PM
I trust the Wiggles.
Wiggles Wiggle and Learn Incy Wincy Spider - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMIala_SUYg)

Bloodthirsty
10th July 2013, 02:59 PM
I wonder what Spida Everitt would like more for Christmas - seeing his little bro play in a premiership, or a stack of tattoo removal gift vouchers?

Jewels
10th July 2013, 03:03 PM
I wonder what Spida Everitt would like more for Christmas - seeing his little bro play in a premiership, or a stack of tattoo removal gift vouchers?

Remember when Spida was just about the most tattooed player in the league? Doubt he'd even make the top ten nowadays.

ScottH
10th July 2013, 04:11 PM
Remember when Spida was just about the most tattooed player in the league? Doubt he'd even make the top ten nowadays.

He was about the only tattooed player in the League. (Outwardly showing, anyway)

magic.merkin
10th July 2013, 04:20 PM
Hannas is a true believer. He was so stoked to be drafted by the Swans. I love the way he pulled his jumper up to show the crowd after kicking a goal. I think a Brownlow is not out of the question this year but he will have to match Kizza all the way.

- - - Updated - - -

do you realise that the average age of the team we put on the park last week was only 22.5. It is interesting people talking about some of our players as though they are seasoned veterans. just look at a few players we seem to expect to be in the mature class;

Dre is only 24 and has taken a while to hit his straps. Some lads keep growing after teens I think he may be one. I think this lad is developing very well.

Mitch is only 26 he still has plenty of time to give this club. He is going to be better than people think. Just let him get over the little niggle and then he will show us.

Lukie is only 21 still learning the caper but what a learner

Smithy is only 25 and at the top of his game

Rampe is 23 and a late developer but boy has he developed

Tommy is only just turned 20 and will probably win a brownlow someday

Lambie is only 21 and I think is just starting to show the skills that have him compared to Daicos.

Joey is only 25 & you'd think he was a veteran of the mids.

Kizza is a young Captain at 26 but what an example

Brandy is 19 & 1 month and a few days and boy is he going to be good.

Birdie is only 24 and I think sometimes we expect a bit too much of the kid. He always seems older and sort of mature so I think we think he is older than he actually is.

Tippett is still only 26. Think about it.

Jesse is only 25 and starting to show what he can do. I think he just took a bit longer as big guys especiallt KPP do.

Jetts is 24 and what a player

Tony A is 23 and a good list player

Xav is only 20 and will be a star Full Back.

Tommy W is 25 and I think will play in the backline eventually

AJ is a star and only 21.

We have some old buggers too;

Bolton 33, Grundy 28, Macca 28, Mal 29, Benny 28, Mummy 29, ROK 33, Pykie 29, Goodsie 33, Rhyce 32, LRT 30.

Next year could see a lot of retirements I think as Jude joins Marty. But I think Rhyce, LRT & Goodsie might just think about it as well.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way it is not Incy Wincy spider it is Eensy Weensy Spider or Itsy Bitsy spider.

this is the link to the song;

Eensy Weensy Spider (Itsy Bitsy Spider) song and lyrics from KIDiddles (http://www.kididdles.com/lyrics/e001.html)

Thanks RoosY

Ludwig
10th July 2013, 04:51 PM
Your enthusiasm is commendable Wolfie, but if it were all true we would never lose another game for the next 10 years.

BTW, according to Footywire, the average age of our team last week was 25 years and 7 months, not 22.5. And Reg and Mummy both just turned 27, a bit younger than what you show.

I'm also quite positive about our list, but feel we need a couple of good KPPs, mostly in defence, to carry us through the next period. I hope you are right Wolfie on your stardom call about Xav, because that would would solve half the KPP problem. Those 8 minutes on the ground against Carlton must have really impressed you.

southsideswan
10th July 2013, 05:44 PM
I wonder why Jake Lloyd is never mentioned. I do understand that he is slight of build but this seems to be coming along, takes time. He had very good NAB cup appearances (ok does not mean that much), he is by fair the most consistent in the ressies and also leading the tally by 11 pts. He is one of the fittest athletes in the Club and working to being one of the fittest footballers. At 19 he seems to be setting the ground work for a long and successful career and yet no mention. Just wondering!!

The Big Cat
10th July 2013, 06:44 PM
I wonder why Jake Lloyd is never mentioned. I do understand that he is slight of build but this seems to be coming along, takes time. He had very good NAB cup appearances (ok does not mean that much), he is by fair the most consistent in the ressies and also leading the tally by 11 pts. He is one of the fittest athletes in the Club and working to being one of the fittest footballers. At 19 he seems to be setting the ground work for a long and successful career and yet no mention. Just wondering!!

Once he's off the rookie list he'll get mentioned more. I think we will need to elevate him at the end of the year or he may get snatched from our grasp.

WolfGang
10th July 2013, 07:22 PM
Unsure how many you can elevate from the Rookie list (to the full list in 2014) - but the first 2 that will be elevated will be Rampe & B. Jack - these 2 are no brainers.

Any more than that, will be interesting......

wolftone57
10th July 2013, 07:48 PM
Your enthusiasm is commendable Wolfie, but if it were all true we would never lose another game for the next 10 years.

BTW, according to Footywire, the average age of our team last week was 25 years and 7 months, not 22.5. And Reg and Mummy both just turned 27, a bit younger than what you show.

I'm also quite positive about our list, but feel we need a couple of good KPPs, mostly in defence, to carry us through the next period. I hope you are right Wolfie on your stardom call about Xav, because that would would solve half the KPP problem. Those 8 minutes on the ground against Carlton must have really impressed you.

Don't know about you Ludwig but I do watch the Twos. He has impressed me in the Twos with his one grab marks and his abilty to read the play and make good decisions. He reminds me of a young Stephen Silvagni. footy Wire were wrong I added it up on the calculator and it came to 22.5 exactly. You are right about Reg and Mummy I put them down wrong I have added them as 27.

- - - Updated - - -

Unsure how many you can elevate from the Rookie list (to the full list in 2014) - but the first 2 that will be elevated will be Rampe & B. Jack - these 2 are no brainers.

Any more than that, will be interesting......

Rampe is already on the full list as Marty Retired. He was elevated when we lost AJ but because Marty retired we can nominate a player to replace him. We have BJ & Xav taking the place of LRT and AJ on the long term injury list. We will have retirements this year so Lloydie has got to be close.

Ludwig
10th July 2013, 07:55 PM
Don't know about you Ludwig but I do watch the Twos. He has impressed me in the Twos with his one grab marks and his abilty to read the play and make good decisions. He reminds me of a young Stephen Silvagni

I don't get to watch the Twos Wolfie, so much appreciate those that do and can give first hand reports on their observations. I'm thrilled that you are feeling so positive about Xav, because I was quite serious about concerns of who replaces Ted and LRT once they retire, especially with Reg's patchy form. The coaches must feel he has a future too, as evidenced by his elevation to the senior list. I hope his good form in the Reserves translates to the seniors.

wolftone57
10th July 2013, 08:10 PM
I don't get to watch the Twos Wolfie, so much appreciate those that do and can give first hand reports on their observations. I'm thrilled that you are feeling so positive about Xav, because I was quite serious about concerns of who replaces Ted and LRT once they retire, especially with Reg's patchy form. The coaches must feel he has a future too, as evidenced by his elevation to the senior list. I hope his good form in the Reserves translates to the seniors.

I am also concerned for the KPP Backs positions and I have been for 3 seasons. Teddy is 30 now and we need to move on a replacement for Reg ASAP. I think Tommy Walsh could play on the huge forwards quite well. He performs this role in the NEAFL some times and does a great job. I always reckoned he was a backman. But we need two more KPP youngsters to add to the list. I have been worried about Reg's lapses for some time and three matches straight are pretty bad but he did the same thing last year then came good. I really worry more about his inability to release the ball effectively when tackled though.

No I am not painting a picture of health for the next 10 years as about 10 of the players now playing will have retired.
If you look at the list you will see a list down the bottom. Within 3 years all these players will probably retire:

Bolton, Macca. Mal, McGlinn, O'keefe, Pyke, Richards, Goodes, Shaw, Roberts-Thompson. Now Macca might fight on past 31 but most retire about that age. Some like Goodsie and jude might fight on to 33 they might not too. But we have looked to the future of the mids and they are shored up. We have now set the forward line and it is time for the backline to be strengthened. The rucks are going to be fine too as I think we might just tak another NSW Rookie Ruck next year.

Ludwig
10th July 2013, 08:23 PM
I think Tommy Walsh could play on the huge forwards quite well. He performs this role in the NEAFL some times and does a great job. I always reckoned he was a backman.

I wouldn't put too much hope in Tommy Walsh. Aside from the facts that he has been playing mostly forward and has failed to make an impact in his few senior appearances, we should not underestimate the seriousness of his injury. A full recovery from that severe of a hamstring tear is questionable. He will be entering his 5th year on an AFL list next year, coming off a serious injury; you have to wonder.

wolftone57
10th July 2013, 10:31 PM
I wouldn't put too much hope in Tommy Walsh. Aside from the facts that he has been playing mostly forward and has failed to make an impact in his few senior appearances, we should not underestimate the seriousness of his injury. A full recovery from that severe of a hamstring tear is questionable. He will be entering his 5th year on an AFL list next year, coming off a serious injury; you have to wonder.

I liked him when he went back in the Twos he was tough and unrelenting. He made them work for every possession. Pity about his injury, tearing the hamstring completely off the bone is a big injury.

jono2707
10th July 2013, 10:54 PM
I liked him when he went back in the Twos he was tough and unrelenting. He made them work for every possession. Pity about his injury, tearing the hamstring completely off the bone is a big injury.

Yes I feel sorry for poor Tommy as its probably touch and go whether we keep him on the list next year. I think he's got more improvement in him, and I like his size and aggression, but I just don't know. Lockyer and Biggs would also be very nervous about their places in the long term plans of the team going forward - unfortunately I can't see either getting another year at this stage.

Auntie.Gerald
11th July 2013, 08:41 AM
SwansTV: Kieren Jack speaks at the Swans Squad Clinic - SYDNEYSWANS.com.au (http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/video/2013-07-10/swanstv-kieren-jack-speaks-at-the-swans-squad-clinic)

good video interview with KJ and him chatting about Brandon

- - - Updated - - -

i have to say that Tommy Walsh still has upside and if Grundy and Ted with LRT were out for extended periods you would guess that Tommy would have had a role to play and I think he has upside still

i never forget that Ted only came in around 25/26ish as a Key defender......

liz
11th July 2013, 08:45 AM
Yes I feel sorry for poor Tommy as its probably touch and go whether we keep him on the list next year. I think he's got more improvement in him, and I like his size and aggression, but I just don't know. Lockyer and Biggs would also be very nervous about their places in the long term plans of the team going forward - unfortunately I can't see either getting another year at this stage.

I believe Walsh is contracted for next year. Not sure about Lockyer.

As a rookie listed player, Biggs will almost certainly be on a one year contract. I think he'll be hard pushed to get another year too. Rampe is a certainty to be promoted to the senior list and Jack is higher likely. X is a keeper (whether on the senior or rookie list) and you'd think they'd give Naismith another year unless there are long term question marks over his physical condition. You don't draft a young, very raw ruckman without knowing you need to be patient. Biggs, Lloyd and Robinson have all played good football for the reserves this year but I reckon the scarcity of list spots means only one is likely to get another year.

penga
11th July 2013, 09:34 AM
Speaking of nicknames for the young ones. I was watching the game on Sunday with a mate, and when BJ hit the pack at full tilt and kicked a goal, my mate yelled out, PIGEON!! (picks up the crumbs)

I thought it was gold.

wolftone57
11th July 2013, 02:16 PM
I believe Walsh is contracted for next year. Not sure about Lockyer.

As a rookie listed player, Biggs will almost certainly be on a one year contract. I think he'll be hard pushed to get another year too. Rampe is a certainty to be promoted to the senior list and Jack is higher likely. X is a keeper (whether on the senior or rookie list) and you'd think they'd give Naismith another year unless there are long term question marks over his physical condition. You don't draft a young, very raw ruckman without knowing you need to be patient. Biggs, Lloyd and Robinson have all played good football for the reserves this year but I reckon the scarcity of list spots means only one is likely to get another year.

That is really a pity Liz because I think Biggs is a good player. His kick outs are very good and his link up work out of the backline is top quality. His delivery is very good too. I think if we let him go he will come back to bite us on the bum. Robinson might get another years Rookie listing. Xav definitely will. Lloyd is the conundrum he is a talent but we have a huge amount of mids. I think he will stay. But I think Lockyer (who is on the seniors list) may either be dropped to the Rookie List or delisted. That would produce one more space on the seniors list.

do you think Dick and Marsh have shown enough to stay on the seniors list Liz? I think dick at least might just get dropped to the rookie List creating yet one more space on the seniors list, that makes two. Add jude, possibly LRT and Shawie retiring and there would be 5.

Brandon, Lloydie & Xav would be in the mix for a spot and maybe all three will get spots. We will be drafting KKP backs this year though, young to develop.

aardvark
11th July 2013, 02:41 PM
Didn't X get promoted already?

Triple B
11th July 2013, 02:55 PM
Didn't X get promoted already?

X's promotion doesn't put him on the list permanently. All of Rampe, BJ and X have been promoted off the rookie list this year but still need to be drafted onto the senior list next year.

There seems little doubt that Rampe and BJ will be drafted onto the list next year, maybe X will be kept as a rookie, knowing full well it is pretty easy to upgrade him again if needed.

It's a pretty unique situation we are in with 3 rookies promoted onto the senior list this year, that is unusual for sure.

I'd be amazed if Lloyd wasn't given another year. Biggs is a toughie, he's game probably deserves a third year, but it will be a close decision, a bit like Dill last year.

- - - Updated - - -

...do you think Dick and Marsh have shown enough to stay on the seniors list

As draftees, they are on two year contracts...

Ludwig
11th July 2013, 04:12 PM
We'd be crazy to cut Jake Lloyd. It's only our midfield depth that's keeping him from playing senior footy.

Biggs will probably just fall short of the mark and time will run out on him, ala Campbell Heath.

The Big Cat
11th July 2013, 05:24 PM
Biggs is a toughie, he's game probably deserves a third year,

Can only be on the rookie list for two years I think unless you're an international.

Melbourne_Blood
11th July 2013, 05:24 PM
Lloyd looked great in the Nab, set shot goals from outside 50, booming kick for a little man. From all reports he's coming along very nicely in the Ressies. Look forward to seeing more of him

wolftone57
11th July 2013, 10:26 PM
Lloyd is a great little player and yes he has a big kick. He will be retained definitely.

swans
12th July 2013, 06:32 PM
Dylan roos son of roos can someone tell me how his playing and is he a selection possibility father and son next year. there little inforamtion on his progress this year. I know he appears to be a bit better then tyler at the moment. anyone know. also how tall is he. is he a key positon player ? it be nice to have some information on swans farther son progress.

royboy42
12th July 2013, 06:49 PM
Dylan roos son of roos can someone tell me how his playing and is he a selection possibility father and son next year. there little inforamtion on his progress this year. I know he appears to be a bit better then tyler at the moment. anyone know. also how tall is he. is he a key positon player ? it be nice to have some information on swans farther son progress.
Did Roos play sufficient games at Sydney for his kid to qualify??I suspect he may be eligible as father/son for Brissy only.

ugg
12th July 2013, 07:05 PM
Did Roos play sufficient games at Sydney for his kid to qualify??I suspect he may be eligible as father/son for Brissy only.
Correct but we can claim him as an Academy player.

royboy42
12th July 2013, 08:39 PM
Correct but we can claim him as an Academy player.
Of course Ugg..getting forgetful of detail in my dotage.

swans
12th July 2013, 10:15 PM
Sydney Swans coach John Longmire praises his young guns and expects Giants to perform on Sunday

link
No Cookies | thetelegraph.com.au (http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/afl/sydney-swans-coach-john-longmire-praises-his-young-guns-and-expects-giants-to-perform-on-sunday/story-fni5fan6-1226678492417)

Primmy
13th July 2013, 12:08 PM
The one thing I have been thrilled at is that I am completely at ease when a new player has his first game, etc. The boys are coming into the game, knowing the game plan, knowing who they are playing with, what is expected of them, and how to go about it. They are not phased at being thrown into the deep end. That comes down to exemplary coaching from Crouchy and the crew, and the mentoring from the senior players.

Remember the days when this was the exception, not the rule?

Auntie.Gerald
13th July 2013, 03:24 PM
they are coming in with no Snr experience and doing a great job

I think there are many factors including our game plan, our coaching in general, our leaders of the club, our mentor system, our focus in training........ but above all we really do appear to pick very very well in our selections each year.

Rampe and Mitchell this year are just ready to dominate and revel in Snr footy for many years to come

BJ and Lambie have the challenge before them to place serious competition on the 22 when players start coming back

Auntie.Gerald
15th July 2013, 07:22 PM
so quick question

Where to from here for Dean Towers, Gary Rohan and Harry Cunningham ?

swans
17th July 2013, 01:39 AM
so quick question

Where to from here for Dean Towers, Gary Rohan and Harry Cunningham ?

you may find out this week. towers , membrey, Cunningham one should play this week with bens confirmed out. all would make a impact as a sub, but towers looks the most likely to play this week.