PDA

View Full Version : Roos Boys

scolsey22
13th July 2013, 01:13 AM
So amongst all the discussion about Paul Roos going to melbourne I started thinking about what his sons are doing in terms of football and whether they may be father son selections by us. I would think that would play on Roos mind when making his decision

Bleed Red Blood
13th July 2013, 03:32 AM
I think its a moo point as Roos didn't play enough games with us.

Bloody Hell
13th July 2013, 04:21 AM
Aren't they Swans Academy players?

I thought this thread was going to be about if Paul Bevan would be playing for the D's next year if Roos got the coaching job.

annew
13th July 2013, 10:20 AM
Are his boys good enough or do they even want to play. How old are they?

swansrob
13th July 2013, 11:05 AM
Dylan is playing for the ressies tomorrow according to the thread. Brisbane get first shot at them under the father-son rule and once they turn them down, we get a shot at them through the Academy.

satchmopugdog
13th July 2013, 11:45 AM
One is doing Tertiary education on Sydney. The oldest obviously

13th July 2013, 04:20 PM
I think its a moo point as Roos didn't play enough games with us.

A "moo" point? Sorry, that's a load of bull!

A moot point? Possibly so

- - - Updated - - -

Dylan is playing for the ressies tomorrow according to the thread. Brisbane get first shot at them under the father-son rule and once they turn them down, we get a shot at them through the Academy.

Can't he decline to be taken as a father son selection (eg Marc Murphy declined to be taken FS by Brisbane). If Dylan did this, could we then get him as an Academy selection?

swansrob
13th July 2013, 06:54 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Can't he decline to be taken as a father son selection (eg Marc Murphy declined to be taken FS by Brisbane). If Dylan did this, could we then get him as an Academy selection?

Yeah, he can decline - when I said "they turn them down", I meant when the Roos boys turn down Brisbane. Reading back, it's perhaps not quite clearly articulated, but I'd only just woken when I wrote that!

Bleed Red Blood
13th July 2013, 07:15 PM
I thought this thread was going to be about if Paul Bevan would be playing for the D's next year if Roos got the coaching job.

Probably a good match, if Bevo was on their list this season he'd be getting a game, would show some of their more talented players how to play with intent.

Yeah. It's like a cows opinion, it just, doesn't matter.. It's moo.

BSA5
13th July 2013, 07:43 PM

Pretty sure Academy trumps F/S. Might be wrong though.

liz
13th July 2013, 08:03 PM
Pretty sure Academy trumps F/S. Might be wrong though.

Neither trumps the other. Both are optional (though scholarship isn't, if the club wants to put said player on senior list, as opposed to rookie list).

It's all a bit moo(t) though, unless Roos has improved significantly since his couple of cameos in the reserves last year.

goswannies
13th July 2013, 08:07 PM
Yeah. It's like a cows opinion, it just, doesn't matter.. It's moo.

Oh my ... you're all really milking this for it it's worth

13th July 2013, 08:12 PM

Another moo point ... we want Paul BOVINE to continue to be our recruiter in the West ... it'd be an udder disaster if he went to the Dees!

stellation
13th July 2013, 10:11 PM
It's all a bit moo(t) though, unless Roos has improved significantly since his couple of cameos in the reserves last year.
And I think that's the key point in this case.

To be fair to then, it's hard for a youngster to succeed after they've stood on the premiership dias so soon.

Xie Shan
13th July 2013, 11:33 PM
To be fair to then, it's hard for a youngster to succeed after they've stood on the premiership dias so soon.

:D Nice one Stell