PDA

View Full Version : Franklin Rumour

MightyBloods
24th July 2013, 04:25 PM
I heard on SEN this afternoon that the Swans maybe making a play for Lance Franklin. On the half-time show (Daniel Harford) every wednesday they do an 'around the grounds' report from a representative from each state. Russell Barwick does the NSW report covering the Giants and Swans. He mentioned that the Swans were making enquiries and that a package possibly containing some of Mumford,Everitt and Morton was being thrown around. This mixed with the potential retirement of Jude would go close to freeing up salary space.

GWS would either send their No 1 pick to Hawthorn or send some of their out of contract kids (who have not signed yet and wanting to return to Victoria)....ie Taylor Adams.

Barwick also mentioned that he raised this with an ex-Swans player last week and the ex-player smiled at him and said he also had heard the rumour.

If true, if the club could pull this off without losing any young talent I'd be rapt. Mumford would be the only player guaranteed in the starting 22 and our reliance on him has depreciated with the development of both Pyke and White. I still class Everitt and Morton as players on the edge of selection if everyone fit although I have liked Everitt's input over the recent weeks.

Thoughts?

desredandwhite
24th July 2013, 04:30 PM
lol - isn't it a bit early for silly season?

While it would be nice to think of a forward line containing Franklin, Tippett, Goodes, Reid, McGlynn and Rohan, I think this will need a lot of luck to get over the line.

Though the outcry would be HILARIOUS to behold.

ScottH
24th July 2013, 04:41 PM
SEN??

:rofl

Dosser
24th July 2013, 04:42 PM
But why wouldnt GWS simply trade for Franklin?

zulu
24th July 2013, 04:50 PM
First there is no way Franklin would fit into the carefully managed Swans culture, secondly they don't need him with Tippett, Reid & White (now he has lifted his work rate). Buddy is a champion but he is a loose cannon with a dickey knee who would not have the discipline to follow the Swan's game plan. I hope he goes to GWS along side Johnathon Patton. Finally, have you forgotten the "no Dickheads" policy? :rofl

ugg
24th July 2013, 04:53 PM
GWS are trading their number 1 pick so we get Buddy in return? How nice of them.

swansrob
24th July 2013, 05:01 PM
I don't want to even imagine the Victorian media if we found room to recruit Buddy after another premiership...

DA_Swan
24th July 2013, 05:16 PM
Don't get sucked in by Russell Barwick from "Sydney" on SEN

stellation
24th July 2013, 05:20 PM
Sounds great, where do I sign?

jono2707
24th July 2013, 05:40 PM
LOL at SEN...

liz
24th July 2013, 06:10 PM
Did they mention the bit where we'll be paying him just $109,800pa and the AFL will chip in wirh another million or two in ambassadorial payments?

Swansongster
24th July 2013, 06:11 PM
I heard on SEN this afternoon that the Swans maybe making a play for Lance Franklin. On the half-time show (Daniel Harford) every wednesday they do an 'around the grounds' report from a representative from each state. Russell Barwick does the NSW report covering the Giants and Swans. He mentioned that the Swans were making enquiries and that a package possibly containing some of Mumford,Everitt and Morton was being thrown around. This mixed with the potential retirement of Jude would go close to freeing up salary space.

GWS would either send their No 1 pick to Hawthorn or send some of their out of contract kids (who have not signed yet and wanting to return to Victoria)....ie Taylor Adams.

Barwick also mentioned that he raised this with an ex-Swans player last week and the ex-player smiled at him and said he also had heard the rumour.

If true, if the club could pull this off without losing any young talent I'd be rapt. Mumford would be the only player guaranteed in the starting 22 and our reliance on him has depreciated with the development of both Pyke and White. I still class Everitt and Morton as players on the edge of selection if everyone fit although I have liked Everitt's input over the recent weeks.

Thoughts?

Is this the thread that will knock Tippett off as biggest thread ever?

Doubt it.

CJK
24th July 2013, 06:14 PM
I believe this and will be shocked, SHOCKED I say, if it does not eventuate

aardvark
24th July 2013, 06:32 PM
Franklin has reportedly developed a liking for surfing in recent weeks, and has allegedly found some long lost relatives at Bondi!

erica
24th July 2013, 07:19 PM
Why on earth would we want Franklin?

Bloodthirsty
24th July 2013, 07:30 PM
Tippett = underrated. Franklin = overrated.

24th July 2013, 07:33 PM
Is this the same rumor that has a multi-club trade sending our pick 5 to GC for Ablett (they'll on-trade this in some complex deal to GW$), pick 4 to the Tiges (this will be on-traded to the GC so they can do something to compensate for losing Ablett) & we''ll get Jack Reiwoldt (while we are recruiting superfluous forwards in Buddy, we'd best get a spare); but the recruiting geniuses who are getting Buddy us at the expense of Mummy, Dre & Mitch have masterminded that Dre & our pick 3 end up at the Dogs who will clear Will Minson on to us (after all, we are losing Mummy in this trade) and Ayce Cordy (since we already had Graham & Neil). Oh, & the AFL are to increase the CoL allowance to $1.3billion to fit all these players in.

Sheesh! These rumors are hilarious! Surely it's his agent bumping up Buddy's price?

goswannies
24th July 2013, 07:35 PM
Tippett = underrated. Franklin = overrated.

Richards Jr = X-rated

Melbourne_Blood
24th July 2013, 07:47 PM
So Jude retiring frees us up to pay Franklin how much exactly ? What a stinker of a rumour.

mcs
24th July 2013, 08:01 PM
Hahahahahahahaha.... I so want it to happen just to see the meltdown in the Melbourne media - would be worth it for that :rofl

Actual likelihood of it happening.... 0.000000000000000001%

top40
24th July 2013, 08:11 PM
Hahahahahahahaha.... I so want it to happen just to see the meltdown in the Melbourne media - would be worth it for that :rofl

Had a glance at the calendar: no it is not 1st April.

annew
24th July 2013, 08:44 PM
I heard it on SEN as well and immediately thought 2 things - what a load of rubbish and if it were true which I don't think it is how hilarious would it be reading the Melbourne media.

chalbilto
24th July 2013, 09:22 PM

Ditto. Ridiculous. Will not happen.

Bloodthirsty
24th July 2013, 09:46 PM
I think we could be players in this if we wanted to, but the real issue is that we don't want, nor do we need, Franklin.

Doctor J.
24th July 2013, 10:12 PM
Can't believe this thread has gone to 2 pages.
I call bull@@@@

goswannies
24th July 2013, 10:24 PM
I think we could be players in this if we wanted to, but the real issue is that we don't want, nor do we need, Franklin.

The good thing about Tippett, Jesse, Pykie & Mummy is that all could play as key forwards, all of them are capable of kicking a couple to a few in the same game (so their combined talley could easily be half a dozen plus for a game), NONE of them seem to mind if they're not the focal point at full forward (they're happy to be the decoy, or the contest maker or happy for the others when one of the others scores).
Most other single power-forwards will have off games (meaning that there must be an alternative avenue for goals), or they get grumpy when they are not the focal avenue to goal production. This can result in petulance or cause them to roam further afield to get into the play (meaning they're not at home to kick the goals).
Moreover, our current talls can play a variety of positions (FF, CHF, ruck, tall winger for Jesse??, tall last line defender, competitive CHB for kick-ins after opposition points) and for the last few weeks seemingly effectively combining. Hopefully this might be another pioneering new gameplan developed by the Swans that other clubs will firstly have to counter (like the flood, stoppage, & the slingshot rebound) - while they're doing this, we're surging toward the finals - & then the other teams try to emulate (by which time the Swans are developing a new gameplan. Beauty of this one (if it works) I'd that it requires recruiting the right (possibly unique) players ... athletic, agile, strong and rediculously tall.

BloodStainAngel
25th July 2013, 12:16 AM
Will not happen. Franklin's ego wouldn't fit in with the bloods culture.

ernie koala
25th July 2013, 12:18 AM
After watching his ordinary performance , against a defender (Ted) with torn ligaments, in the GF....Why would we bother.

He's an amazing talent when on....but he's also an erratic selfish player, with a dickie knee and a big ,big head.......

No thanks, I'd rather stick with Mummy and co.

But hey, what a great piece of insightful, accurate, work from SEN.

CJK
25th July 2013, 12:25 AM
I call bull@@@@

I like how this post is at the top of page 3

TheAgent
25th July 2013, 12:33 AM
I had a twitter brawl with Barwick last year after he said 'Sam Reid is carrying an injury'. I had attended training THAT DAY and had photos of him taking hangers over the marking bag and asked him would any team allow an injured player do that? He hasn't been to Swans training in years and is full of BS in my opinion.

The Big Cat
25th July 2013, 12:55 AM
The Swans get linked to every player who the media even suspect is going to leave. I see that Andrew Ireland dismissed rumours that we were after Dustin Martin who is out of contract and is reportedly chasing more money than Richmond is willing to pay.

aardvark
25th July 2013, 08:22 AM

Only 298 to go.......

Triple B
25th July 2013, 09:11 AM
I like how this post is at the top of page 3

I'm still on Page 2....

Primmy
25th July 2013, 09:13 AM
I'll put my bit in at this stage......have to get in early, its page 3 after all. A) We don't need him. b) he is not good enough. c) he keeps breaking. d) why???? e) just my opinion but I don't think he is a dickhead. Of course he would have an ego, they all do, it would be unheard of for a squad of 44 players to be all shrinking violets (they are not) but its not a headlining issue. May be a Plugger in waiting, wanting a bit of peace and quiet, wouldn't get it in W.A., S.A., or Victoria. But no. I cannot see it.

YvonneH
Absolute rubbish rumour in my opinion. Buddy tweeted on #Buddy13 something along the lines of ' Great to see Suckling out there (in that game) can't wait to play with hime next year. Sounds as if he is staying at Hawthorn.

Triple B
After watching his ordinary performance in the GF....

You must have watched a different GF to me....

Ruck'n'Roll
25th July 2013, 09:25 AM
This story so patently nonsensical that I suspect that it isn't a "real" story at all. Not a mindless beatup by incompetent football journo's, nor a threadbare attempt to raise Fraklin's price by an unscrupulous agent.

Call me Mr Suspicious if you like but I think this is more likely the opening move in another attempt by the Victorian clubs to strip the Swans of the cost of living. The implied threat being . . . . "If the Swans don't lose the CoL allowance they will steal Franklin, then the best player from every Victorian team!!!!"

ScottH
25th July 2013, 09:27 AM

His set shots were ordinary, as was his last qtr when Teddy finally got on top of him, the rest wasn't.

DeadlyAkkuret
25th July 2013, 09:41 AM
I'd rather keep Mumford and Everitt.

ernie koala
25th July 2013, 11:46 AM

Richards was playing with torn ligaments in his ankle. Buddy beat him for about a quarter and a bit of footy.

He missed some crucial shots at goal. And turned the ball over twice in the last term at critical stages....He finished with 3 goals for the game

IMO, an ordinary game for someone of his talent.

Ruck'n'Roll
25th July 2013, 11:46 AM
This story so patently nonsensical that I suspect that it isn't a "real" story at all. Not a mindless beatup by incompetent football journo's, nor a threadbare attempt to raise Fraklin's price by an unscrupulous agent.

Call me Mr Suspicious if you like but I think this is more likely the opening move in another attempt by the Victorian clubs to strip the Swans of the cost of living. The implied threat being . . . . "If the Swans don't lose the CoL allowance they will steal Franklin, then the best player from every Victorian team!!!!"

A couple of hours later and voila
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/sydney-is-prepared-to-give-up-control-of-controversial-cost-of-living-allowance/story-fndv8ujy-1226684591613
This story by a HUN 'journalist' - who just happens to be a regular on the very radio station (SEN) that started the Buddy rumour yesterday. A great way to apply pressure on the commission.

bloodbrother
25th July 2013, 11:53 AM
totally agree, bloods players are selfless , not self centred

Triple B
25th July 2013, 12:39 PM
Richards was playing with torn ligaments in his ankle. Buddy beat him for about a quarter and a bit of footy.

He missed some crucial shots at goal. And turned the ball over twice in the last term at critical stages....He finished with 3 goals for the game

It appears a @@@@load of football people don't agree with you. I'll concede the 'experts' sometimes appear anything but, especially where Sydney are concerned, but the raw numbers would suggest your Buddy non-love has clouded your judgement as far as the GF goes...

Norm Smith judging panel voted:

Overall
Ryan O'Keefe: 12
Brad Sewell: 7
Dan Hannebery: 5
Lance Franklin: 5
Jarrad McVeigh: 1

BRETT RATTEN (chairman)
3. Brad Sewell (Haw), 2. Ryan O'Keefe (Syd), 1. Lance Franklin (Haw)

DREW MORPHETT
3. Ryan O'Keefe (Syd), 2. Lance Franklin (Haw), 1. Dan Hannebery (Syd)

MICK MALTHOUSE
3. Ryan O'Keefe (Syd), 2. Brad Sewell (Haw), 1. Dan Hannebery (Syd)

TIM MCGRATH
3. Dan Hannebery (Syd), 2. Brad Sewell (Haw), 1. Ryan O'Keefe (Haw)

NEIL CORDY
3. Ryan O'Keefe (Syd), 2. Lance Franklin (Haw), 1. Jarrad McVeigh (Syd)

How our experts voted:

MARK STEVENS
3. Ryan O'Keefe (Syd), 2. Dan Hannebery (Syd), 1. Lance Franklin (Haw)

GLENN McFARLANE
3. Dan Hannebery (Syd), 2. Ryan O'Keefe (Syd), 1. Lance Franklin (Haw)

SHANE CRAWFORD

WARWICK GREEN
3. Dan Hannebery (Syd), 2. Nick Smith (Syd), 1. Lance Franklin (Haw)

JAY CLARK
3. Ryan O'Keefe (Syd), 2. Dan Hannebery (Syd), 1. Lance Franklin (Haw)

JON RALPH

SCOTT GULLAN
3. Ryan O'Keefe (Syd), 2. Lance Franklin (Haw), 1. Dan Hannebery (Syd)

BRUCE MATTHEWS
3. Ryan O'Keefe (Syd), 2. Lance Franklin (Haw), 1. Jarrad McVeigh (Syd)

MARK ROBINSON
3. Ryan O'Keefe (Syd), 2. Brad Sewell (Haw), 1. Lance Franklin (Haw)

MATT WINDLEY
3. Adam Goodes (Syd), 2. Lance Franklin (Haw), 1. Ryan O'Keefe (Syd)

JON ANDERSON
3. Adam Goodes (Syd), 2. Dan Hannebery (Syd), 1. Lance Franklin (Haw)

DARYL TIMMS
3. Ryan O'Keefe (Syd), 2. Brad Sewell (Haw), 1. Lance Franklin (Haw)

MARK HAYES
3. Dan Hannebery (Syd), 2. Lance Franklin (Haw), 1. Jarrad McVeigh (Syd)

ShockOfHair
25th July 2013, 01:23 PM
The thing about Franklin is he can turn a game in ten minutes.

Anyway, back to the COLA. The AFL already pays for it, it reviews every player contract and it sees all of the club financial statements and audits, so 'handing control' of the allowance to the AFL is only symbolic.

Haven't heard a word out of Swann or Maguire since Colless released this:

- The AFL salary cap increased approximately $600,000 year-on-year from 2012 to 2013.
- Changes to the veterans list meant all Clubs received salary cap relief of $112,000 per eligible player outside the salary cap (compared to half the annual salary of up to two eligible players in previous years).
- At the end of the 2012 season, six senior listed players ? Matt Spangher, Trent Dennis-Lane, Mark Seaby, Jarred Moore, Brett Meredith and Nathan Gordon? were delisted or traded to other Clubs. This player movement opened up approximately $1M in the Club?s salary cap. Those players were replaced with draftees and, of course, Kurt Tippett.

The case for the cost of living allowance - SYDNEYSWANS.com.au (http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2013-03-18/the-case-for-cost-of-living-allowance)

hot potato
25th July 2013, 01:25 PM

Correct. Will he play another ordinary GF. Possible, but I doubt it.
HP

Plugger46
25th July 2013, 01:27 PM

Likewise. Instrumental in getting them back in the game. I would've had him B.O.G at 3qtr time.

His contested marking and conversion is poor. I can't see how he's selfish though? I think people like to invent things because they don't like him. He works hard, chases and his field kicking is very good.

He won't be at the Swans next year though, obviously.

barry
25th July 2013, 02:29 PM
If you wanted to blame a hawthorn player for their grand final loss, you couldnt go past Roughead.

In 2013, he's playing like a new recruit. We may have gained Tippet, but they have gained Roughead,

Primmy
25th July 2013, 02:59 PM
Hang on get back on the sub ject. Which is a daft one but..... will Buddy Franklin move to Sydney Swans. Page 4. Its running out of steam.

wolftone57
25th July 2013, 04:17 PM
I bet the ex Swan that told Russell Barwick he'd heard the rumour too was none other than Nicky 'The Joker' Davis. He would do it just for the sake of pulling Russell's pud without Russell knowing. What a joke. Next we will be getting Dustin Fletcher and Jonno Brown on the rooky list. What next? Mark Neelde will be coaching us next year?

Dosser
25th July 2013, 04:41 PM
Yeah, pretty sure I heard that about Neeld, too.

jono2707
25th July 2013, 05:30 PM
I hear that Roosy's getting a unicorn for Christmas too....

Beerman
26th July 2013, 08:02 AM
Hang on get back on the sub ject. Which is a daft one but..... will Buddy Franklin move to Sydney Swans. Page 4. Its running out of steam.

I've heard there is a clause in his contract that says he can go "home" for a third round pick. Although he's from WA, he did pass through Sydney once when he was a kid, and there are some other people named Franklin living here who are possibly his relatives, so he looks on Sydney as a second home.

Short threads are boring.

royboy42
26th July 2013, 11:43 AM
I've heard there is a clause in his contract that says he can go "home" for a third round pick. Although he's from WA, he did pass through Sydney once when he was a kid, and there are some other people named Franklin living here who are possibly his relatives, so he looks on Sydney as a second home.

Short threads are boring.

I don't think there is any chance of a Franklin move to us either.
BUT..
Had there been a "Tippett to Swans in 2013" thread this time last year, I'd have laughed just as loudly.
So maybe ''never say never'is more than a truism?

DK_
26th July 2013, 12:10 PM
I heard a rumour from an unnamed source that we intend playing Franklin in a key defender position

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

msb
26th July 2013, 01:10 PM
Absolute rubbish rumour in my opinion. Buddy tweeted on #Buddy13 something along the lines of ' Great to see Suckling out there (in that game) can't wait to play with hime next year. Sounds as if he is staying at Hawthorn.

Ha, you cant possibly believe what anyone says, especially when players are rumoured to be leaving....I remember an interview with plugger way back in 1994 a question was asked about him re-signing, his commitment to the saints etc and he says he will be re-signing and be a one club player! We all know what happened, you cant believe anything in this industry IMO. Oh I would want buddy just to see the uproar, especially from those hawthorn flog supporters who I always seem to hear the reason we won the GF last year was because of the cost of living allowance???:confused:

Triple B
26th July 2013, 01:19 PM

.....or Matt Suckling is also going to GWS?? The plot thickens...

wolftone57
26th July 2013, 01:21 PM
The money is Buddy will be staying at the Hawks. Tweeted yesterday that he can't wait to play with Suckling next year. Unless we are getting Suckling too & the beat goes on and it plays Jingle Bells!

giant
27th July 2013, 10:04 PM
Good fun for stirring the Hawks supports on BigFooty in any event.

MightyBloods
7th August 2013, 05:37 PM
Ok.....interesting. Liam Pickering (Franklin's manager) was interviewed on SEN on 'The 'Run Home' by The Ox and Marco just now. They asked about Franklin's comment that he is happy at the hawks but still wont make a decision until the end of the year. Pickering said that it was of no surprise but he is still in regular talks with the Giants. He then went on to say that the only thing he is looking at at the moment is the Swans........then he went immediately silent realising what he had just said. Ox picked him up in saying Swans. Pickering laughed it off and said he mixed it up with something else as there is a lot on........hhhhmmmmmmmmm

aardvark
7th August 2013, 05:41 PM
Ok.....interesting. Liam Pickering (Franklin's manager) was interviewed on SEN on 'The 'Run Home' by The Ox and Marco just now. They asked about Franklin's comment that he is happy at the hawks but still wont make a decision until the end of the year. Pickering said that it was of no surprise but he is still in regular talks with the Giants. He then went on to say that the only thing he is looking at at the moment is the Swans........then he went immediately silent realising what he had just said. Ox picked him up in saying Swans. Pickering laughed it off and said he mixed it up with something else as there is a lot on........hhhhmmmmmmmmm

Yeah I heard that too.....very interesting!

Nico
7th August 2013, 06:13 PM
Did he mean Swan?

Bloodthirsty
7th August 2013, 06:34 PM

I am of the common Swans fan view that we don't need nor want him...but I am completely fascinated by whether there is any truth to this. Can't imagine we could afford him and keep all our stars (pretty much a whole teams of stars and future stars these days).

Triple B
7th August 2013, 07:28 PM
I heard that and thought nothing of it. It sounded nothing more than an innocent slip, not some big secret that the Swans were interested. As good as Buddy is, there is just no way....

dimelb
7th August 2013, 07:59 PM
He is thinking about that last Saturday in September. And I hope he's right.
And it would be another classic.

barry
7th August 2013, 09:24 PM
I am of the common Swans fan view that we don't need nor want him...but I am completely fascinated by whether there is any truth to this. Can't imagine we could afford him and keep all our stars (pretty much a whole teams of stars and future stars these days).

Since when is that the common swans view?

A spine of tippet, buddy, reid and richards would make us unbeatable.

RogueSwan
7th August 2013, 09:34 PM

Is it that much better than Roughead, Buddy, Gibson, Lake?

GoSouth33
7th August 2013, 10:07 PM
Don't even think about it!!!
Not required thankyou.

GordonS
7th August 2013, 10:17 PM
getting him would be ridiculous. imagine the salary cap talking then. eddie's head would explode

MightyBloods
7th August 2013, 10:32 PM
Pickering definetely said 'Swans' and not 'Swan. Also, I didn't read his slip up as innocent. Obviously something he is working on with/about Swans was at the forefront of his mind today......it could involve Franklin or possibly another player move...or I'm not sure if he has one of our uncontracted players and discussing new terms. I'd love to be a fly on the wall.

Swansongster
7th August 2013, 10:45 PM
Tippett thread; be on notice. This one is coming gunning for ya. :smile:

No.

Jewels
7th August 2013, 10:58 PM
Both Pickering and Buddy were on 360 tonight and both sounded to me like Buddy will still be a Hawk in 2014

Primmy
7th August 2013, 11:42 PM
or, OORRR, he is still rattled by anything Swan heading into the finals.....heheheh....

Wazza
7th August 2013, 11:44 PM
Pickering definetely said 'Swans' and not 'Swan. Also, I didn't read his slip up as innocent. Obviously something he is working on with/about Swans was at the forefront of his mind today......it could involve Franklin or possibly another player move...or I'm not sure if he has one of our uncontracted players and discussing new terms. I'd love to be a fly on the wall.

Hmm he was probably thinking about the impending Mumford and White deal for buddy. Pickering was overheard on his mobile talking to some Dank guy about how well things have worked out for jesse and his improved performance this season.

:clap:

Cheers

waz

Bloodthirsty
8th August 2013, 06:30 PM

Just saying, he's a selfish player, inaccurate kick for goal, messed up knee, hamstring problems and I'd much prefer Tippett, White and Reid. I think most Swans fans would realise that his cons are probably not an ideal fit with the Bloods culture, nor ideal as a massive long-term investment.

aardvark
8th August 2013, 10:35 PM
Footy show tonight saying Hawks interested in Mumford, straight swap??:wink:

Melbourne_Blood
8th August 2013, 11:14 PM
We should do all we can to keep Mummy, he's showing recently he's still well and truly our number1 ruckman. No chance we can afford Buddy, no chance he'd be anywhere near our number one priority in trade week. If we had noTippett then yes, but we do so it seems ridiculous we would go after him. How could Hawthorn afford Mumford just quietly, he wouldn't leave us for less than 400-500k ad I cannot see how they could fit him in? Unless Buddy leaves of course.

Dosser
10th August 2013, 11:53 AM
Saints will get some good picks this year and may be involved in 3-way deals (they have a recent history of 3-ways). I wonder if Lamb would appear on their menu?

DeadlyAkkuret
10th August 2013, 11:57 AM
Saints will get some good picks this year and may be involved in 3-way deals (they have a recent history of 3-ways). I wonder if Lamb would appear on their menu?

We should be trying harder to keep Lamb more than White imo.

dimelb
10th August 2013, 01:11 PM
We should be trying harder to keep Lamb more than White imo.

We must keep Lamb. Perhaps time for Jude to announce his retirement at the end of the season?

10th August 2013, 01:32 PM
We must keep Lamb. Perhaps time for Jude to announce his retirement at the end of the season?

Noooo! Jude needs to train with Boomer Harvey & Dustin Fletcher & play on!

Cardinal
10th August 2013, 02:26 PM
Hawks, Pies and GWS would all be after a good ruck IMHO. And so would we if Mummy left. Having said that, I think Boyd, Steelebottom and Franklin will boost us in other areas.

dimelb
10th August 2013, 04:39 PM
Hawks, Pies and GWS would all be after a good ruck IMHO. And so would we if Mummy left. Having said that, I think Boyd, Steelebottom and Franklin will boost us in other areas.

His name is Sidebum.

Dosser
10th August 2013, 04:59 PM

Or Nickle-arse Steelebottom

Blood Tunnel
11th August 2013, 02:22 PM
I don't believe this myself but I will pass it on. I heard it this morning.

Magpies keen on Mummy. Heath Shaw interested in a change of scenery to Swans!

DamY
11th August 2013, 03:53 PM
I don't believe this myself but I will pass it on. I heard it this morning.

Magpies keen on Mummy. Heath Shaw interested in a change of scenery to Swans!

What's the source?

Dosser
11th August 2013, 03:56 PM
After what I saw last night, I think they have already found their ruckman.

Nico
11th August 2013, 03:58 PM
What's the source?

The Heath Shaw one comes up every year. Mind you I would take him.

Jewels
11th August 2013, 04:18 PM

Yep, he was very, very good.

Cardinal
11th August 2013, 06:16 PM
Grundy is good but don't know if he is up to playing a full seaon as the Pie's #1 ruck yet. Went straight into the fantasy team though.

Blood Tunnel
11th August 2013, 07:22 PM
What's the source?

No one you know!

But a rumour. Shaw can't stand Buckley!

ScottH
11th August 2013, 09:11 PM
No one you know!

But a rumour. Shaw can't stand Buckley!

No one can stand Buckley.
But if so, Bukley has been at the club for all of Shaw's career, so why has he stayed, or is only Buckley the coach he can't stand?

DamY
12th August 2013, 12:44 AM
The Heath Shaw one comes up every year. Mind you I would take him.

Would we have the most brothers in a squad if we took him?

stellation
12th August 2013, 09:04 AM

He was very good, wasn't he? He's very young, though, and I do think they'd still look for a top flight ruckman as their first ruck if they believe they're still in the mix to compete next year (which I am sure they will believe).

Blood Tunnel
13th August 2013, 10:15 AM
No one can stand Buckley.
But if so, Bukley has been at the club for all of Shaw's career, so why has he stayed, or is only Buckley the coach he can't stand?

I've got no idea.
I hope it's not true. I don't think that it's true but I heard it. It's more that Mumford is apparently gone next year.

MightyBloods
1st October 2013, 01:35 PM
Franklin accepts the Swans offer!! GWS just tweeted that they have withdrawn their offer as Franklin has accepted the Swans offer!
Now how funny is this thread?

- - - Updated - - -

Franklin accepts the Swans offer!! GWS just tweeted that they have withdrawn their offer as Franklin has accepted the Swans offer!
Now how funny is this thread?

Swansinger
4th October 2013, 11:37 AM
How many posts ? 93 , or 94 ? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But anyway , well done to Mighty Bloods for raising this whole issue back in July. He's the Damian Barrett of RWO :clap: !

AnnieH
4th October 2013, 11:42 AM
lol - isn't it a bit early for silly season?

While it would be nice to think of a forward line containing Franklin, Tippett, Goodes, Reid, McGlynn and Rohan, I think this will need a lot of luck to get over the line.

Though the outcry would be HILARIOUS to behold.

Isn't it great wiping away the tears of laughter?

Couldn't have predicted it better myself.

MightyBloods
5th October 2013, 01:16 AM
Thank you Swansinger...but please not Damien Barrett...I'd prefer Mike Sheahan...and I have another scoop in the winds!

Dosser
5th October 2013, 10:55 AM
Thank you Swansinger...but please not Damien Barrett...I'd prefer Mike Sheahan...and I have another scoop in the winds!

Oooh. Do tell. You are the only one in RWO at the moment with any credibility so you may as well lash out and tell us.

DamY
5th October 2013, 02:43 PM

Out with it!!

Swansinger
5th October 2013, 07:55 PM

Oh , Mighty Mike of Delphi , you are such a naughty tease !:-)

Just assuage our concerns , will you ? The imminent scoop will not contain the words "police" , "investigating" , "nightclub" , "King's Cross" and "Franklin" , will it ?! :-)

BillyRayCypress
5th October 2013, 08:26 PM
He can't answer as he's in the police lock up.

MightyBloods
6th October 2013, 04:03 PM
ok, here it is but it shouldn't be a great surprise.
GWS have thrown big money at Dale Thomas in the last few days to try and change his mind to go to Carlton. Steve Silvagni had a coffee with him at the Paragon Cafe in Rathdown St Carlton last week. Carlton expected Thomas to say yes on Thursday so that they could lodge the papers to the AFL on the Friday (just gone). Thomas is stewing over the decision this weekend and his mates(Malthouse and Swann) have almost been living with him over the past 24 hours. to ensure he still goes to Carlton.
On Friday he was likely to go to GWS...now, well I think his strong relationships at Carlton will still get him there.
GWS are going hard at some players behing the scenes.

BillyRayCypress
6th October 2013, 05:25 PM
ok, here it is but it shouldn't be a great surprise.

Thank God you weren't arrested or at least had a very good lawyer to get you out quickly.

No doubt there won't be a squeak from anyone in Melbourne complaining that Thomas didn't go to GWS either.

Any news on which players?

Should package Benny with White to the Dogs for their first pick or even Collingwood for their first.

Ludwig
6th October 2013, 06:17 PM
It would be great if Daisy accepted a $700k/annum + 10% COLA deal with GWS, saying the extra cash put him over the line.

"You can find a pretty cheap pad in Blacktown and I can use to extra cash to hangout with Buddy," Thomas said.

Might be just enough for Eddie and Mick to kiss and make up.