PDA

View Full Version : Perth Swans fans

SwansBloke
12th September 2013, 08:28 PM
Hi everyone,

First of all a confession: Long time member, very rare poster.

At risk of tempting fate Eddie McGuire style, I'm a Swans fan living in Perth and if we're successful enough to make the prelim, if there are any Swans members out there who won't be making the trek over (should we beat Carlton) would it be possible to use your barcode to ensure I can get a ticket to the game? I've been fortunate enough to be helped out on 2 other occasions, 2005 & 2006 when we played the Eagles in week 1. I'll try and get a ticket anyways, but if I could sit behind the goals with other Swans fans that'd be sensational (if we make it). I'm sure you'd rather your tickets go to a Swans fan than fall into general admin and get snapped up by a Dockers fan (if we make it)!!!

Terrible news about Goodesy, but with Jets and Rohan underdone and LRT maybe coming back (if we make it) it would have been a huge risk to play Goodesy too. Good luck to Hannes and Mal in their 100 and 150th games respectively!!!

PM me if you can help out (if we make it) and apologies if this has been canvassed elsewhere! (My twitter is @nightcrawlrnath)

Cheers!!

Thanks very much and hopefully by writing "if we make it" enough times I haven't tempted fate.

mcs
13th September 2013, 04:12 PM
PM sent Swansbloke.

travdan77
15th September 2013, 06:24 PM
Hi guys! Another long term Lurker here. Missed out on WA memberships this year because they had all sold out - would anyone be able to help out with 3 barcodes for finals tickets? If anything it would be 3 less Dockers supporters in the crowd, plus be nice to see more than 1 game a year in Perth. If someone could help, it'd be massively appreciated. Thanks!!!

Swansongster
15th September 2013, 06:36 PM
I trust that the two posters here are genuine. But do be aware that this is a scam that Dockers fans could be using to get your barcode numbers to buy Grand Final tickets (or prelim tickets for that matter).

Evil of me to think ill of our two friends here but I suggest you use caution and check bona fides of any such requests

travdan77
15th September 2013, 06:50 PM
Very good advice Swansongster - I promise I'm not dodgy and if anyone wants to contact me to double check, then I'm more than happy to oblige! Won't be going to the GF, just would love to be able to tickets to the Perth game to watch the boys flog the Dockers (would be more satisfying to flog the Weagles though!)

ernie koala
15th September 2013, 07:50 PM
I trust that the two posters here are genuine. But do be aware that this is a scam that Dockers fans could be using to get your barcode numbers to buy Grand Final tickets (or prelim tickets for that matter).

Evil of me to think ill of our two friends here but I suggest you use caution and check bona fides of any such requests

I was happy to give mine to Swansbloke...He's a 10 year member here, that's one hell a patient scammer, with a very long term devious plan.:devilish:

giant
15th September 2013, 10:31 PM
is it correct that you only get 1 ticket per member? That seems a bit stingy...

Swansongster
16th September 2013, 02:17 AM
I was happy to give mine to Swansbloke...He's a 10 year member here, that's one hell a patient scammer, with a very long term devious plan.:devilish:

Of course. No offence intended to Swansbloke and Travdan.

SwansBloke
16th September 2013, 01:13 PM
Hahaha thanks guys. I must admit when I saw the other bloke with only 2 posts I was rightly or wrongly skeptical but I can guarantee I don't have a 10 year plan!

- - - Updated - - -

Tickets purchased, right behind the goal with the Sydney cheer squad!! Thanks so much for your help Ernie Koala & mcs for replying to me so quick! Whenever you're in Perth give me a shout and we'll have a beer!!! Let's hope Teddy doesn't get rubbed out and that McGlynn & Tips will be up for Saturday!!!

mcs
16th September 2013, 01:26 PM
Enjoy the game Swansbloke - glad I could help out another Swannies fan. Lets just hope the boys get up for it and give a good showing!

I'll hold you to that beer - I intend on going over next year for a regular season game (assuming of course we play one over there!)!

SwansBloke
16th September 2013, 02:38 PM
Yeah mate for sure! Let me know and I'll get a seat with ya!!

SwansBloke
23rd September 2013, 01:13 PM
I have to thank mcs and Ernie Koala again for your generosity with the barcodes. We were 8 rows back behind the goals the Swannies were kicking towards in the last quarter. I enjoyed the first quarter watching all the Freo behinds sail through, but alas it was not our day or our year. Still so proud of our boys, to make a prelim in spite of all the injuries was very impressive and there's reason o be very excited about this team for the next decade! The silver lining is that I can say I was there for Jude's last game. What an absolute champion of the game he has been and I wish him all the best in life after footy!

Mcs & Ernie, if you're ever in Perth gimme a PM and we'll have a beer!

Cheers.