PDA

View Full Version : 2014 and beyond !

Auntie.Gerald
2nd October 2013, 09:24 PM
so i am looking at the possible team for next year and I am thinking that despite us having a very competitive team for years to come you would hazard a guess that 2014 would be the year we would want to peak if any in the next few.

Goodes, Ted, Shaw, LRT, ROK, Mal, Pykey etc etc are all approaching retirement and some faster then others......ie the next 12months for some and 4 years or more for others so 2014 if injuries fall our way would make sense to be the best time to go for the GF and make sure our apple cart is stacked to the top

2014 team??

Bolton, Mattner, Morton, Mummy, White and A.Brown wont be here in 2014

Dre, Lambie, Birdy, Armstrong will struggle to make the 22 in my opinion in 2014 and some of these guys maybe looking for more opportunity also? So I am going to take them out just for a look at worse case !

2014 team

Reid, Tip, Goodes
Rohan, Buddy, McGlynn

Pyke
Kennedy
Jack
Hannes
ROK
Macca

Mal, Grundy?, Rampe
Smith, Ted, AJ

19. Shaw
20. Mitchell
21. Parker
22. Jetta

23. BJ
24. LRT
25. Harry
26. Xavier
27. J.Lloyd
28. Biggs
29. Lockyear
30. Marsh
31. Towers
32. Membrey
33. Dick
34. Walsh
35. Naismith
36. Robinson ?

Wazza
2nd October 2013, 09:33 PM
Have we traded a Reid for a grundy?? It looks a strong team but I would probably have Jetta ahead of McGlynn and IMHO Biggs ahead of BJ I think we look skinny for depth - mainly tall defenders.

Cheers

waz

Ludwig
2nd October 2013, 09:52 PM
Here's a team where the oldest player is Macca, and excludes a number of players and some out of contract players as well. Probably looking at something 3 years from now.

FB Johnson Reid Rampe
HB McVeigh Grundy Smith
CTR Parker K.Jack Hannebery
CTR2 Bird Cunningham Lloyd
Rk Kennedy Naismith Mitchell
HF Jetta Franklin B.Jack
FF Rohan Tippett Membrey
EMG Perris Biggs Towers
Lockyer X.Richards Robinson

Flying South
2nd October 2013, 10:50 PM
Here's a team where the oldest player is Macca, and excludes a number of players and some out of contract players as well. Probably looking at something 3 years from now.

FB Johnson Reid Rampe
HB McVeigh Grundy Smith
CTR Parker K.Jack Hannebery
CTR2 Bird Cunningham Lloyd
Rk Kennedy Naismith Mitchell
HF Jetta Franklin B.Jack
FF Rohan Tippett Membrey
EMG Perris Biggs Towers
Lockyer X.Richards Robinson

On paper a premiership contesting team. Have a slight query if Grundy and Bird will be there. And I think Reid will be at CHB. But overall I like were your headed.

Panttz
2nd October 2013, 11:16 PM
Geez that looks pretty strong... Not sure why you guys have Lambie and Dre missing though, I rate them pretty highly!

I wonder what LRT's role next year will look like...

wolftone57
3rd October 2013, 01:16 AM
I am worried that we have already made the decision to trade Lamb & Dre for Buddy. Now Mummy is out of the equation the Hawks are going to want their pound of flesh and I believe there are several players on their radar. One is Lamb, the other is Lloyd. I believe they are also interested in Jesse but he is bent on Pies. Alex Brown would also be on their radar as he is the sort of uncompromising backman the Hawks love. They might also make a demand for Xav.

- - - Updated - - -

On paper a premiership contesting team. Have a slight query if Grundy and Bird will be there. And I think Reid will be at CHB. But overall I like were your headed.

This scenario does not take into account the Buddy effect. In other words who we trade for him. By the way Lockyer even though improved would have to improve 50% more for me to say he is a chance of ever playing seniors.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way I think we could pick up Dayle Garlett very cheaply in the draft. The kids is a star and I know he has had some issues but so did Spida, Bazza, Swassie, Kickett and now Buddy. I think it might be a very good move as he is one of the best crumbers in the game

Ludwig
3rd October 2013, 01:26 AM
Geez that looks pretty strong... Not sure why you guys have Lambie and Dre missing though, I rate them pretty highly!

I wonder what LRT's role next year will look like...

Dre and Lamb are both out of contract. It has already been reported that Dre will be traded.

Bloodthirsty
3rd October 2013, 01:39 AM
I just want to say that overall I am thrilled that the Swans have slammed their fists on the table and said "Right. This is the time. How many premierships can we win in 5 years? All or nothing."

With a kind injury run we could be staring at one of the greatest teams of all time. There is no better time than the immediate future.

Triple B
3rd October 2013, 09:51 AM
I am worried that we have already made the decision to trade Lamb & Dre for Buddy. Now Mummy is out of the equation the Hawks are going to want their pound of flesh and I believe there are several players on their radar. One is Lamb, the other is Lloyd. I believe they are also interested in Jesse but he is bent on Pies. Alex Brown would also be on their radar as he is the sort of uncompromising backman the Hawks love. They might also make a demand for Xav.

This scenario does not take into account the Buddy effect. In other words who we trade for him....

Wolfy, listen up mate, unless Hawthorn match the Swans 9 year 10M deal which they have already stated they can't, there is NO TRADE NECESSARY with Hawthorn. The AFL will give them a compensation pick and we will all move on...

mcs
3rd October 2013, 10:21 AM
I just want to say that overall I am thrilled that the Swans have slammed their fists on the table and said "Right. This is the time. How many premierships can we win in 5 years? All or nothing."

With a kind injury run we could be staring at one of the greatest teams of all time. There is no better time than the immediate future.

I am also very happy with this as well. No longer are we prepared to just 'stay competitive' and try to maybe jag a flag. We know we are close to having a really rich period, and the hierachy have said right, lets do what we can to make it happen.

Whether your happy with the Buddy deal or night, the club's hierachy should be praised for stepping up and seeing the massive opportunity we have to make what has been a fine period in our history (2 flags in 8 seasons, another grand final, a couple more prelims, regular finals) into what would be the greatest period in our history. To do that though, we need to lift that cup again at least once more imo.