PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Jesse

aardvark
21st October 2013, 02:14 PM
Off to the pies for pick 44. Good luck Jesse. Now Stella and I will have to find something else to fight about.:frown

Auntie.Gerald
21st October 2013, 02:30 PM
Aj vs Rampe ?

Doctor
21st October 2013, 02:49 PM
Pick 44 seems low but we really did paint ourselves into a corner. I do like our strategy of stockpiling 3rd round draft picks though...

Industrial Fan
21st October 2013, 02:53 PM
He certainly did polarise opinions. Good luck to him, and hope the Pies fans are kind. Of course wish him no luck in his games against the swans.

The opposition should be terrified. Our record with picks in the 30-50 range is second to none.

Untamed Snark
21st October 2013, 02:54 PM
Goodbye Jesse
One of the most frustrating players I've seen but I've always has a bit of a soft spot for him
I've loved his dedication to his team mates and his genuine enjoyment of their successes (swinging Hanners around in circles after his first ever goal anyone)
Hope ****ingwood doesn't change him too much

jono2707
21st October 2013, 03:13 PM
Good luck Jesse - it was fun while it lasted....

Now that you are officially a Pie I officially hate you. :)

wolftone57
21st October 2013, 03:14 PM
I am sad to see Jesse go but from the minute it was announced Buddy was coming he and any other player out of contract were endangered species. so now we lose Mummy & Jesse. Soon we might lose Dre as well. How many in the next three seasons as contracts come up for renewal. That is the downside to Buddy, we lose depth.

Swansongster
21st October 2013, 03:33 PM
My daughter loves him. We are disappointed he is going to Collingwood but wish him well. He always had time for the kids. Some of his efforts in the 2nd half of this year were season highlights for me.

See ya Jesse. Best of luck.

P.S. - We need to get the kid on the right in to sort Tip's yips.

Primmy
21st October 2013, 03:40 PM
Goodbye Jesse
One of the most frustrating players I've seen but I've always has a bit of a soft spot for him
I've loved his dedication to his team mates and his genuine enjoyment of their successes (swinging Hanners around in circles after his first ever goal anyone)
Hope ****ingwood doesn't change him too muchAnd that is why we continually forgave him. Don't change Mocca!

Ludwig
21st October 2013, 04:25 PM
Good luck Jesse.

I really felt that you turned the corner this year. I even went so far to say that you were our Buddy Franklin. And even though we've got the real deal now, I still think you're going to have a big year in 2014. So sad that you're going to the dreaded Pies.

stellation
21st October 2013, 04:57 PM
Best of luck to him! I've enjoyed the trials and tribulations of following him and wish him every success, it was genuinely fun being a fan of the big lug and seeing him seem to finally put it all together this season.

Matimbo
21st October 2013, 09:17 PM
P.S. - We need to get the kid on the right in to sort Tip's yips.

LOL. Kid keeps his head down nicely. Worth a punt with our pick 44?

I'm disappointed it turned out this way, would have loved a full season with KT and Jesse in the fwds to find out if Jesse had really turned the corner or not. I guess it's just COLAteral damage (pun intended). I just can't see him flourishing under Buckley, he seems too black and white (ever lamer pun intended) for enigmatic types like JW. I wish you all the best Jesse but somehow think that won't happen til after another trade.

crackedactor
21st October 2013, 09:38 PM
He certainly did polarise opinions. Good luck to him, and hope the Pies fans are kind. Of course wish him no luck in his games against the swans.

The opposition should be terrified. Our record with picks in the 30-50 range is second to none.With ROK at 56, Goodsey at pick 43 , Micky O at pick 40 and Hannas at pick 30, then the other clubs should be scared. Good luck to White and Collingwood did say the best is in front of him, which could be right. But he also admitted that this year is the first time he has put in 100%, why it took him so many years for this attitude is beyond me.

Mug Punter
21st October 2013, 09:41 PM
It will be impossible not to be happy for the big fella if he tears it up at the Pies but I just have a feeling he won't be enjoying life under Mr Buckley. Personally I would have thought the Doggies would have been a better destination

He has certainly been an enigma, very frustrating at times and he forms part of a long line of players who frustrate me more than any other (Luff Lewis Davis Matthews and Jesse, it's an elite group). Have no idea who will take his place in that regard next season...

Triple B
22nd October 2013, 01:44 AM
Seriously, as frustrating as he's been over the journey, it's hard not to have a soft spot for the big girls blouse.

I have a real concern if he doesn't burn it up from the first pre -season game, the Pie ferals will have his guts for garters tho....

Bloodthirsty
22nd October 2013, 02:25 AM
See ya later Jesse. I thought you were pretty good personally, and you got the raw end of it many times, despite admitting you never really tried that hard.

Anyway, the thing I will miss most is showing everyone photos of your doppelganger, who is almost an exact genetic match despite your highly unique appearance:

eric balfour - Google Search (https://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1920&bih=1016&q=eric+balfour&oq=eric+bal&gs_l=img.3.0.0l10.1765.3838.0.6094.8.8.0.0.0.0.236 .1320.2j3j3.8.0....0...1ac.1.29.img..2.6.913.5hOjC 8HE9_g#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=0SVMVT88qt8JkM%3A%3B6R11uPU7xGes-M%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.collider.com%252Fupload s%252FimageGallery%252FEric_Balfour%252Feric_balfo ur_image.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fcollider.com%252 Fentertainment%252Ftv%252Farticle.asp%252Faid%252F 8736%252Ftcid%252F1%3B600%3B843)

BillyRayCypress
22nd October 2013, 03:06 AM
Apart from the last 3 months of the season, Jesse looked like Tarzan but played like Jane. The RWO whipping boy. This means that another whipping boy needs to take his place.

It will have to be either Walsh or Andrejs if he stays if I was betting on this.

Will Jesse ever be the same after shaking hands with Joffa? I do hope he remembers to thoroughly wash with soap and warm water afterwards.

Auntie.Gerald
22nd October 2013, 08:08 AM
i just hope Rohan doesnt become the guy we all argue over

honour_the_name
22nd October 2013, 11:02 AM
Jesse best of luck son, I would have loved to see you running around again for us next year. I hope all the improvement shown in 2013 is not given cheaply to Collingwood, I expected a better pick for JW, who may yet realize his enormous potential against us. No more trades please, hurts too much and this trade is far too long!!!!