PDA

View Full Version : Stewie Maxfield

YvonneH
3rd November 2013, 08:12 AM
Is Stewie still with us? I remember earlier there were rumours about him going with Roosey to Melbourne, but have not heard whether this has happened or not.
Melbourne have scored another ex Swan (Daniel Macpherson). It would appear that Roosey only wants ex Swans (be they players or coaches).

Primmy
3rd November 2013, 09:19 AM
That first sentance had me quivering on a number of levels.

The shifts in personnel seem to have been made by now, and Swans are generally up front about such things.

Frosty was on the development side of things some years ago, and I am not sure what he has been doing since then, except I thought he was in corporate land. Just checked and found this on google.

Swans 1994-2003 (111 games).
North Shore (SFL) 2004.

Coaching:
Asst. Coach, North Shore-2004.
Coach NSW/ACT RAMS and State U18 teams-2005.
Asst. Coach SFL Rep team-2006.

So coaching has been floating around for some time.

- - - Updated - - -

Just remembered something. When Frosty retired it was just when Roosy took over, and I remember reading that he thought that Frosty's career would have been a lot different if he had been his coach which echoed how I felt as I didn't think he had been given enough.

So obviously Roosy rated him then, and obviously still does., YAY

Aaron
3rd November 2013, 11:04 AM
Stewie is listed as Opposition Analyst ( more time in Melbourne) on the Swans Web site with Josh Francou listed as Football Development Manager

swansrob
3rd November 2013, 03:27 PM
Do you mean Stewie Maxfield or Stewie Dew? I don't recall rumours of Maxfield going to Melbourne, while Dew seemed close to leaving. Either way, Dew has re-signed, so all good

Primmy
3rd November 2013, 03:50 PM
Do you mean Stewie Maxfield or Stewie Dew? I don't recall rumours of Maxfield going to Melbourne, while Dew seemed close to leaving. Either way, Dew has re-signed, so all goodI think there was some initial confusion and assumption that Stuey Maxfield wanted to go back to Melbourne because his kids are growing up. Didn't see his Opposition Analyst position.....good call though. Onwards and upwards Stuey!!

BillyRayCypress
3rd November 2013, 09:36 PM
Stewie is listed as Opposition Analyst ( more time in Melbourne) on the Swans Web site with Josh Francou listed as Football Development Manager

So he's monitoring what Paul Roos is up to?