PDA

View Full Version : B Jack video

Auntie.Gerald
6th November 2013, 07:14 PM
some of you may have seen this video last year but just in case a great reminder of the kids talent

sure just in the Sydney AFL comp but his anticipation, change of pace, execution and his lateral movement from his non preferred foot to the preferred is seriously as dangerous as anyone i have seen

Brandon Jack AFL Recruitment Video - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nbsS8cfkgI)

for me 1min 58secs in sums up why i believe he is going to apply some serious pressure for being in the 22 in 2014 - there is a maturity to this kick and lowering of the eyes to find a great target when he could have kicked for goal

this kid is a serious raw talent that me thinks surprised even his own brother in 2013 season

if he can surprise Kizza in 2013 maybe he can surprise us fans again in 2014 !

Ive made a few massive calls lately in saying that I think Rampe will be in our 22 for many years to come and equally i do believe that he may start to play more a HBF Midfield rotation over time - maybe not 2014 as Mal gets alot of the ball still but maybe in 2015 onwards........not many players can match crampy rampey in his 3km trials and just about every other test in pre season so no reason he wont bring it after another pre season !

I too truly believe in what i see with Brandon Jack - the kid just ooses a freakish skill level for a kid playing on the only the last 3 or 4 seasons and he certainly projects a steely mind that seems to me a 10yr player........massive call i know but i will stand by Brandon and Rampe featuring in 2014 and seriously making it very difficult for others to jump ahead of them in the 22

Laidler for me was only brought in to cover Mattner, Shaw, AJ all being slow rehabs or retired re Mattner

- - - Updated - - -

i think the coaches were even surprised !!

2013 COACHES CALL
We drafted him because he?s got speed. He?s another one from our Academy and has physical attributes you can?t teach in how quick he is. You can teach kids football stuff, but it?s hard to teach genuine speed, which he has got.

Pre-season has been good. He needs to work aerobically, but he?s an athlete. He?s a very lightly-built footballer so we need him to develop physically as well as in his football knowledge.

We hope in 2013 that he can learn about football and learn his trade. He?s still very raw so this year is very much about development for him.

MadCanuck
6th November 2013, 07:32 PM
Amen brother. I'm a convert.

jono2707
6th November 2013, 07:40 PM
Yes I think we'll see a bit more from him in 2014 - not a full time top 22 as yet but he'll get plenty of opportunities.

He'd be starting to build an AFL highlights package too - especially his 4 goal effort against the Dees...

liz
6th November 2013, 08:39 PM
What I find most impressive about Jack is what is not on that highlights video. Not a single run down chase or tackle in sight. Yet by about a quarter of the way through the 2013 NEAFL season, he was applying maniacal forward line pressure. It was his ability to so quickly grasp that the type of action that highlights video repeats over and over again weren't what was going to elevate him to playing senior AFL that was the highlight of his 2013 season for me.

Swansongster
6th November 2013, 08:39 PM
Will get some games in 2014. 22 with a bullet in 2015

Meg
6th November 2013, 11:15 PM
What I find most impressive about Jack is what is not on that highlights video. Not a single run down chase or tackle in sight. Yet by about a quarter of the way through the 2013 NEAFL season, he was applying maniacal forward line pressure. It was his ability to so quickly grasp that the type of action that highlights video repeats over and over again weren't what was going to elevate him to playing senior AFL that was the highlight of his 2013 season for me.

Agree, BJ is one, very intelligent, young man. It is going to be a great pleasure to watch his career.

Flying South
6th November 2013, 11:34 PM
why can't he play 22 games in 2014? I think he is ready to step up now. He is a very smart footballer, and the best place to learn is in big school. He will be a star by years end.

Bloodthirsty
7th November 2013, 02:24 AM
Great talent. Hope to see him out there next year. He needs to work on two things in the pre-season:

1. Going to the gym and requesting those things called weights that he's heard Teddy Richards talk about;
2. Running into open goals and kicking from 2 metres out with no pressure (ahhh...sorry kid, I couldn't help myself).

Everything else is A-ok and well ahead of schedule.

ScottH
7th November 2013, 07:51 AM
I suspect he'll push McGlynn or Birdy out of a spot very soon.

magic.merkin
7th November 2013, 08:25 AM
Bird? Don't see that happening, and McGlynn eventually when age/injuries catch him a bit more.

spiffy-dude
7th November 2013, 09:22 AM
Yeah a bit too skinny but at the same time we dont want to slow him down by adding msucle mass. I am sure the fitness staff know what they are doing.

Apart from that i think he will be better than Kieren. But two jacks at the swans? The NRL tigers must be spewing!

RogueSwan
7th November 2013, 02:05 PM

why can't he play 22 games in 2014? I think he is ready to step up now. He is a very smart footballer, and the best place to learn is in big school. He will be a star by years end.

I think Swansongster was referring to him being in the top 22 at the club.

Primmy
7th November 2013, 03:16 PM
What liz said.

Also BJ is still a kid, but a very well built one. They are not all going to be Joey or Tippo. Some of them will be Kirky & Kelly. But as they said, you can't teach speed, and he has already said he has learned that there are strategies in the game and I rather think he will be a helluva play maker one day.

Note to self: The video sure shows a massively competitive player. More like his father than his brother imho. This is going to be fun.

liz
7th November 2013, 04:27 PM
Note to self: The video sure shows a massively competitive player. More like his father than his brother imho. This is going to be fun.

Are you suggesting KJ isn't massively competitive? Can't agree with that.

tasmania60
7th November 2013, 07:04 PM
I suspect he'll push McGlynn or Birdy out of a spot very soon. McGlyn real soon Bird not sure ?

Primmy
7th November 2013, 08:11 PM
Are you suggesting KJ isn't massively competitive? Can't agree with that.No not at all, y ou know that liz!! Blame english. He looks more like his father in action and the way he played (one of my growing up footy heros).

wolftone57
8th November 2013, 10:44 AM
I think whether he builds up or not he is still quite strong. He reminds me a bit of Fearless Fosdike. Both very fast, both good deliverers of the ball, both pretty dangerous in front of the big sticks, both had their problems running into the open goal, both slightly built and both pretty good tackles.

spiffy-dude
8th November 2013, 10:46 AM
BJ looks and runs like his old man and would have been a full back or centre had he played league, where Kieren is a tad slower and would be playing as either 5/8 or halfback..but i think Kieren has more drive at this stage..the guy is the ultimate pro and so god damn focused.

- - - Updated - - -

I think whether he builds up or not he is still quite strong. He reminds me a bit of Fearless Fosdike. Both very fast, both good deliverers of the ball, both pretty dangerous in front of the big sticks, both had their problems running into the open goal, both slightly built and both pretty good tackles.

Ahh leave that KB nickname at the door..i used to dislike it so much.

But yeah i see your point and i agree with you.

Swanner
8th November 2013, 02:13 PM
Gee that was good and when you add in what we saw last year and he has to be close to being best 22 Rohan, Jetta, Jack K and B and Rampe give us real speed over the ground. The question i am asking myself is this team better than the ,05 and 12 Premiership teams?

sharp9
9th November 2013, 07:50 AM
Yeah a bit too skinny but at the same time we dont want to slow him down by adding muscle mass. Muscle mass doesn't slow players down....Dangerfield, Harvey....Ben Johnson :-) .....Dane Swan

Triple B
9th November 2013, 03:35 PM
Ahh leave that KB nickname at the door..i used to dislike it so much.

Why?

One of the better left field nicknames....

MightyBloods
9th November 2013, 05:20 PM
If he keeps developing at the speed of 2013 then I see him standing at the feet of Tippett, Reid and Franklin up forward. We really need a quick skilled player who can mop the crumbs and convert (ie Harvey, Milne, Rioli).

wolftone57
11th November 2013, 08:49 AM
If he keeps developing at the speed of 2013 then I see him standing at the feet of Tippett, Reid and Franklin up forward. We really need a quick skilled player who can mop the crumbs and convert (ie Harvey, Milne,
Rioli).

BJ will be our Rioli or Bruest. He has the speed and some of the smarts, he just has to develop some new tricks and he is there. The way he took the ball off Cooney was magic.

SwansTV: Brandon the super sub: Plays of the Day R19 - sydneyswans.com.au (http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/video/2013-08-05/swanstv-brandon-the-super-sub-plays-of-the-day-r19)

Ajn
15th November 2013, 11:05 AM
Has to be, I would have him swapping with Jetta in a fwd/wing role, at worst a super sub! Will be better for another pre season and more weights...