PDA

View Full Version : Buddy's Jaw Drops

Matimbo
25th November 2013, 06:34 AM
http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/buddy-franklins-jaw-drops-as-he-checks-out-contestants-in-the-miss-bondi-competition/story-fn907478-1226767422658

Very funny photo but not sure its the look Swan's mgt would be hoping for.

I just hope Buddy can keep his mind on footy.:hmmmm2:

ScottH
25th November 2013, 07:49 AM
he was probably yawning.
They would have taken a hundred pics and found the two that looked the most incriminating.

BTW, not much Kirkness in the winner.

dimelb
25th November 2013, 08:11 AM
http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/buddy-franklins-jaw-drops-as-he-checks-out-contestants-in-the-miss-bondi-competition/story-fn907478-1226767422658

Very funny photo but not sure its the look Swan's mgt would be hoping for.

I just hope Buddy can keep his mind on footy.:hmmmm2:

I suspect Scott is right.
And what a junky mag! Complete with "a picture tells a thousand words" - where do these journos learn their craft?

Primmy
25th November 2013, 08:13 AM
wish everyone would just give it a rest.

Legs Akimbo
25th November 2013, 08:20 AM
It's pretty clear now that News Ltd has him in its sights (or is it sites). All editors have been briefed. Poor bloke. I think he is out of the frying pan and into the fire. I wonder to what degree this sort of muck was anticipated by him and by the club. I wonder if it can be sustained or will the muck rakers get sick of him and move on. Sydney trash media is something else.

spiffy-dude
25th November 2013, 08:40 AM

This x 100000000000

I don't know who i am fed with the most, the news limited rags selling gossip and innuendo as a sports news item, hawk and adelaide fans online, the "bloods culture" wil be tested mantra OR our own fans who are not dealing with having such a huge name who attracts a lot of publicity play for us.

Chillax everyone and take some xanax.

spiffy-dude
25th November 2013, 08:45 AM
It's pretty clear now that News Ltd has him in its sights (or is it sites). All editors have been briefed. Poor bloke. I think he is out of the frying pan and into the fire. I wonder to what degree this sort of muck was anticipated by him and by the club. I wonder if it can be sustained or will the muck rakers get sick of him and move on. Sydney trash media is something else.

It was the same in Melbourne except the melb media mafia pulled a few strings (due to ex hawk players working in the media) and wernt as full on.

3/4 of AFL fans in melbourne want to see him ruin the clubs culture and him fail, news limited is just feeding the machine.

magic.merkin
25th November 2013, 08:49 AM
It was the same in Melbourne except the melb media mafia pulled a few strings (due to ex hawk players working in the media) and wernt as full on.

3/4 of AFL fans in melbourne want to see him ruin the clubs culture and him fail, news limited is just feeding the machine.

*Yawn*

- - - Updated - - -

Note to self, stop opening buddy threads until the season starts...

CJK
25th November 2013, 09:00 AM
I really shouldn't have clicked the link - it's what they want.

magic.merkin
25th November 2013, 09:17 AM
yep not gunna read that, good luck with the anti melbourne rants.

i'm not victorian, I live here.

You have no idea (from someone that's currently here.).

Industrial Fan
25th November 2013, 09:25 AM
Not sure what the point of that rant was, particularly in response to a post that was ignoring the obvious click bait.

Cant see the anti Buddy agenda lasting long, or gaining any traction in Sydney. Melbourne media would enjoy any negative publicity to sell papers / generate clicks. If he keeps it together and starts to perform on the field we wont see these types of stories for long.

spiffy-dude
25th November 2013, 09:41 AM
yep not gunna read that, good luck with the anti melbourne rants.

i'm not victorian, I live here.

You have no idea (from someone that's currently here.).

As someone who travels back and forth between Syd and Melb quite regularly, owns a house in brunswick and in summer hill, lives 9 months of the year in melb, has an office set up in east melbourne and works with the advertising industry i think i know enough to form opinions from a decade and a bit of observations.

spiffy-dude
25th November 2013, 09:52 AM
Oh sorry we dont want to offend the hyper sensitive victorians, i tend to forget that respect is a one way street in Melbourne, silly me.

stellation
25th November 2013, 10:02 AM
As someone who travels back and forth between Syd and Melb quite regularly, owns a house in brunswick and in summer hill, lives 9 months of the year in melb, has an office set up in east melbourne and works with the advertising industry i think i know enough to form opinions from a decade and a bit of observations.

You own a house that's in Brunswick AND Summer Hill? It must be huge!

Industrial Fan
25th November 2013, 10:16 AM
Oh sorry we dont want to offend the hyper sensitive victorians, i tend to forget that respect is a one way street in Melbourne, silly me.Ultimately, who cares what they think? No one is standing up for the Melbourne media here. I personally understood your single message 91 posts ago. We follow the Swans, a Sydney club. Most of us live in Sydney. Whether we are scorned or adored in Melbourne is of zero consequence to my day.

On one hand, people liked us and we never really got credit for being as good as we were. Now it seems we are enemy number one, its because they fear us.

Get over it, move on.

DamY
25th November 2013, 10:28 AM

Lol *thumbs up*

aardvark
25th November 2013, 10:40 AM
Oh sorry we dont want to offend the hyper sensitive victorians, i tend to forget that respect is a one way street in Melbourne, silly me.

:sleeping:

jono2707
25th November 2013, 10:45 AM

I'm sure there are other websites out there that may be a more suitable outlet for your frustrations....

Back to the OP - that article was just a wonderful piece of hard-hitting journalism wasn't it? Good thing we only have to put up with that sort of thing for 9 more years....

spiffy-dude
25th November 2013, 10:52 AM
Lol *thumbs up*

Have i missed the punchline?

Edit: I get it.

I own two properties, one in Brunswick and the other in Summer Hill.

I must remind myself that i am dealing with such esteem scholars and academics on RWO.

Untamed Snark
25th November 2013, 10:54 AM

Shhh! It could be the TARDIS

So they couldn't get a picture of Buddy with a drink in his hand or eating a burger so they settled on a yawn?

spiffy-dude
25th November 2013, 10:57 AM
Ultimately, who cares what they think? No one is standing up for the Melbourne media here. I personally understood your single message 91 posts ago. We follow the Swans, a Sydney club. Most of us live in Sydney. Whether we are scorned or adored in Melbourne is of zero consequence to my day.

On one hand, people liked us and we never really got credit for being as good as we were. Now it seems we are enemy number one, its because they fear us.

Get over it, move on.

Enough for news limited to publish these stories on a regular basis, enough for online communities to have 3 massive threads with over 2000 comments. People do care my dear, people care a lot.

- - - Updated - - -

Shhh! It could be the TARDIS

ho ho such wit.

:rofl:

Matt80
25th November 2013, 11:05 AM

You forgot to say that you frequent the "Gutter Bar" at the Canne International Advertsing festival!

Matt80
25th November 2013, 11:08 AM
Its good to see Buddy interacting with the local Bondi Cummunity. The Bikini Pagent is one of the important Community events for people who live in Bondi.

ScottH
25th November 2013, 11:23 AM
I'm a sydneysider who lives in Melbourne for 12 months a year, for the last 20+ years.
The worst I hear about sydney hatred is the road system/one way streets. Can't argue with that, it is pretty crappy.
Or Rugby (league or union) is a stupid game. Many sydney siders reckon the same thing.
Your anti Melbourne rants are just as bad as any of the above, and has raised the ire of many of the Melbourne fan base here. No one wants to read this here.

And signing Buddy, a year after Tippett has raised the ire of many melbourners, but jealousy of a better managed club is a curse

I for one stopped reading the HS years ago, as it was full of @@@@. Especially the Chief Sports editor.
I suggest you do the same. The Age isn't much better, but I'll read that.

As with any gossip mongering the papers do, they are just after headlines, or more importantly these days, clicks and links to there site.
Your are just making then happy papers.

Jewels
25th November 2013, 11:46 AM
Me too Prims

So they couldn't get a picture of Buddy with a drink in his hand or eating a burger so they settled on a yawn?
Yep. I know he's a walking headline but gee's they really are grasping at straws here.

stellation
25th November 2013, 11:54 AM
I for one stopped reading the HS years ago, as it was full of @@@@. Especially the Chief Sports editor.
I suggest you do the same. The Age isn't much better, but I'll read that.

A minor example here of the differences between the outlets, but perhaps a telling one- the two pictures below are from the Tele/HUN and the SMH/Age about the poor young lady who has had a water skiing accident.
Tele/HUN: http://resources2.news.com.au/images/2013/11/24/1226767/355798-866d31d4-54c7-11e3-8753-b885d06300c5.jpg
SMH/Age: http://images.smh.com.au/2013/11/24/4950498/th-548366_4584448211535_1502320281_n.jpg

ScottH
25th November 2013, 11:57 AM
Maybe I should start reading the HS again.

Unfortunately I've reached my limit at work of Age Articles a month ago, and it still isn't reset, so I've had to go back to the HS, except for their "Premium content".

stellation
25th November 2013, 12:10 PM
Maybe I should start reading the HS again.

Unfortunately I've reached my limit at work of Age Articles a month ago, and it still isn't reset, so I've had to go back to the HS, except for their "Premium content".
Try the Guardian's Australian site (http://www.theguardian.com/au)- it's decent, when Fairfax confirmed they would be popping in the paywall after 30 views per month they actually accelerated the development of their site so that it coincided with the change, knowing they'd be targeting a pretty similar demographic.

If you haven't cottoned on to it for smh/age yet (this is probably old news, I'm sure), the quickest way to switch is to just change the domain name of the masthead in the URL-
the 3 stories below are all identical, only the domain name changed and all count as 1 story view against a different site.

Forty years ago Emerald Hill was saved from the wreckers (http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/forty-years-ago-emerald-hill-was-saved-from-the-wreckers-20131124-2y3xq.html)

Forty years ago Emerald Hill was saved from the wreckers (http://www.smh.com.au/victoria/forty-years-ago-emerald-hill-was-saved-from-the-wreckers-20131124-2y3xq.html)

Forty years ago Emerald Hill was saved from the wreckers (http://www.watoday.com.au/victoria/forty-years-ago-emerald-hill-was-saved-from-the-wreckers-20131124-2y3xq.html)

A moderately nifty little thing I thought of recently, too, is if you like to read state/national news you can bookmark the pages from one of the other mastheads and the content will be the same- so use Victoria News (http://www.smh.com.au/victoria) and you'll have the same stories as Victoria News (www.theage.com.au/victoria) except it will counts as page views under the smh.com.au domain instead of theage.com.au- likewise with bookmarking something like AFL News, Scores, Stats, Transfers | Real Footy (www.canberratimes.com.au/afl) to view the footy news page- then if you just go to theage.com.au you can browse and click through on general stories/info and will probably find you last out the month from splitting out your 2 or 3 main areas of interest into under the other domains.

goswannie14
25th November 2013, 12:22 PM
Ultimately, who cares what they think? No one is standing up for the Melbourne media here. I personally understood your single message 91 posts ago. We follow the Swans, a Sydney club. Most of us live in Sydney. Whether we are scorned or adored in Melbourne is of zero consequence to my day.

Get over it, move on.
I have said this often, who cares what the media and opposition fans think? I don't.

aardvark
25th November 2013, 01:34 PM
Personally I don't care who Buddy gets drunk and breeds with so long as we get first dibs on the offspring under father/son.

Legs Akimbo
25th November 2013, 01:41 PM
Personally I don't care who Buddy gets drunk and breeds with so long as we get first dibs on the offspring under father/son.

Sounds good, but maybe someone should introduce him to some more athletic types such as Lauren Hewitt or Tatiana Grigorieva. Need to make sure the other half of the genetic pool meets the club's needs as well.

DamY
25th November 2013, 01:57 PM
Have i missed the punchline?

Edit: I get it.

I own two properties, one in Brunswick and the other in Summer Hill.

I must remind myself that i am dealing with such esteem scholars and academics on RWO.

Ho ho ho you're smarter and better than me! Let's move on. If you don't like the scholars and academics of RWO, join Oprah's Book Club or whatever takes your fancy.

aardvark
25th November 2013, 02:03 PM
Sounds good, but maybe someone should introduce him to some more athletic types such as Lauren Hewitt or Tatiana Grigorieva. Need to make sure the other half of the genetic pool meets the club's needs as well.

I was thinking Elyse Perry and Sally Pierson for the mids and maybe Lauren Jackson and Liz Cambage for the KP's and Rucks.

Ludwig
25th November 2013, 02:15 PM
In addition to the suggestions Stella made on avoiding the limits on news articles, all of which I also use, you can open any such article by using an incognito window.

Ludwig
25th November 2013, 02:26 PM

I don't want to be too pedantic, but 'esteemed scholars' would be the proper conjugation in this case. We do have our standards here, as you have correctly pointed out. :smug:

giant
25th November 2013, 08:53 PM
He's really gonna love Sydney isn't he?

Real question is, how did I miss this auspicious occasion?

Bloodthirsty
25th November 2013, 09:23 PM
Just read this thread. We can all come together and see yet another glaring example of the corporate agenda media, dumbing down the population to the point of coma and not only refusing to report real news, but making every effort to conceal it. The differences in the publications people are describing are purely cosmetic, designed to tailor the same brainwashing to different demographics. Exactly like political parties and the naive belief that they are different.

There's a million awesome stories they could have written about the Swans, but they choose to trash a dude's reputation unfairly to peddle smut to the narcissistic Facebook-obsessed, McDonald's eating, Kesha-listening, X-factor viewing, child-injecting, GMO-loving, propaganda-believing sheeple.

Ludwig
25th November 2013, 09:44 PM
Just read this thread. We can all come together and see yet another glaring example of the corporate agenda media, dumbing down the population to the point of coma and not only refusing to report real news, but making every effort to conceal it. The differences in the publications people are describing are purely cosmetic, designed to tailor the same brainwashing to different demographics. Exactly like political parties and the naive belief that they are different.

There's a million awesome stories they could have written about the Swans, but they choose to trash a dude's reputation unfairly to peddle smut to the narcissistic Facebook-obsessed, McDonald's eating, Kesha-listening, X-factor viewing, child-injecting, GMO-loving, propaganda-believing sheeple.

Agree with you wholeheartedly, but I can't go into another long-winded end of the world rant like last time because it put me into a 3 day depression.

I can sum things up this way: The world sucks. Another Swans Premiership is the only thing worth living for. (This post not to shown to family members).:tongue:

spiffy-dude
26th November 2013, 08:05 AM
The world doesn't suck, humans suck. I hate people a lot but i have to co-exist with what i call a parasite on this earth. we don't even need a purpose no more, we just exist to basically suck.

DamY
26th November 2013, 08:44 AM
The world doesn't suck, humans suck. I hate people a lot but i have to co-exist with what i call a parasite on this earth. we don't even need a purpose no more, we just exist to basically suck.

Amen

Red
26th November 2013, 12:31 PM
In addition to the suggestions Stella made on avoiding the limits on news articles, all of which I also use, you can open any such article by using an incognito window.
In addition to Stella's and Ludwig's suggestions you can block a website's cookies in your browser, which is where they keep your articles-read count. Straightforward enough through a browser's settings menu, or via an extension such as this one for Chrome: http://www.hotcleaner.com/cookies.html

You won't be able to log into the news site to comment on an article, but you can always do that in another browser.

DamY
26th November 2013, 12:49 PM
In addition to Stella's and Ludwig's suggestions you can block a website's cookies in your browser, which is where they keep your articles-read count. Straightforward enough through a browser's settings menu, or via an extension such as this one for Chrome: http://www.hotcleaner.com/cookies.html

You won't be able to log into the news site to comment on an article, but you can always do that in another browser.

Nice work!!

Dosser
26th November 2013, 01:00 PM

I exist to pay my Swans membership.

spiffy-dude
26th November 2013, 01:58 PM
I now exist to watch Lance kick 11 on debut at the SCG.

Watch out the side we play who are on 0 wins 11 losses at the SCG in the next few years..Lance might kick 15.

Swansongster
26th November 2013, 02:26 PM
Try the Guardian's Australian site (http://www.theguardian.com/au)- it's decent, when Fairfax confirmed they would be popping in the paywall after 30 views per month they actually accelerated the development of their site so that it coincided with the change, knowing they'd be targeting a pretty similar demographic.

If you haven't cottoned on to it for smh/age yet (this is probably old news, I'm sure), the quickest way to switch is to just change the domain name of the masthead in the URL-
the 3 stories below are all identical, only the domain name changed and all count as 1 story view against a different site.

Forty years ago Emerald Hill was saved from the wreckers (http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/forty-years-ago-emerald-hill-was-saved-from-the-wreckers-20131124-2y3xq.html)

Forty years ago Emerald Hill was saved from the wreckers (http://www.smh.com.au/victoria/forty-years-ago-emerald-hill-was-saved-from-the-wreckers-20131124-2y3xq.html)

Forty years ago Emerald Hill was saved from the wreckers (http://www.watoday.com.au/victoria/forty-years-ago-emerald-hill-was-saved-from-the-wreckers-20131124-2y3xq.html)

A moderately nifty little thing I thought of recently, too, is if you like to read state/national news you can bookmark the pages from one of the other mastheads and the content will be the same- so use Victoria News (http://www.smh.com.au/victoria) and you'll have the same stories as Victoria News (www.theage.com.au/victoria) except it will counts as page views under the smh.com.au domain instead of theage.com.au- likewise with bookmarking something like AFL News, Scores, Stats, Transfers | Real Footy (www.canberratimes.com.au/afl) to view the footy news page- then if you just go to theage.com.au you can browse and click through on general stories/info and will probably find you last out the month from splitting out your 2 or 3 main areas of interest into under the other domains.

While I appreciate your advice and ingenuity, I think that if you enjoy reading the Fairfax content, then you should pay the small amount they are asking to do so. Not for any righteous, must-not-steal reasons but because if no-one pays for it they will be gone before long and that is not good for the diversity of Australian press.

I honestly don't want to climb up on any high horse over this but it is my humble opinion that a credible alternate view to Murdoch is critical and worth the price of a beer a week.

ShockOfHair
26th November 2013, 02:33 PM
This thread has gone from Buddy ogling to the futility of human existence to advice on private browsing and back to a bit of Buddy triumphalism.

Off-season is under-rated.

jono2707
26th November 2013, 04:23 PM
While I appreciate your advice and ingenuity, I think that if you enjoy reading the Fairfax content, then you should pay the small amount they are asking to do so. Not for any righteous, must-not-steal reasons but because if no-one pays for it they will be gone before long and that is not good for the diversity of Australian press.

I honestly don't want to climb up on any high horse over this but it is my humble opinion that a credible alternate view to Murdoch is critical and worth the price of a beer a week.

Whilst I certainly agree with this, I'm torn between doing the right thing and doing the proper Aussie thing by trying a wangle a freebie any which way I can....

Untamed Snark
26th November 2013, 04:30 PM
I have no problems paying for quality journalism, I just rarely find it in News Corp or Fairfax

stellation
26th November 2013, 09:35 PM
Are you a Dalek?

stellation
26th November 2013, 09:50 PM

I know what you mean, but I already pay for a couple of news subscriptions so must admit I sneak on this one.

bloodsbigot
28th November 2013, 05:18 PM
Free publicity. Me like.

Matt80
1st December 2013, 12:28 PM
Another story about Buddy partying hard in today's Sunday Telegraph. He is loving Sydney and may be able to attract a young hip crowd to Swans home games!

Meg
1st December 2013, 03:29 PM
I was expecting the Club to use Franklin heavily in its promotional material but to date that does not seem to be the case. McVeigh and K Jack appear to be the two players most frequently used (appropriately) while Hanners and Kennedy often feature as well. On this topic I just looked at the Swans' online shop. Unless my eyes are deceiving me, the Swans' 2014 calendar promotes Mumford as its July 2014 player! I think the calendar was probably prepared/printed some time ago as it is a 16 month calendar starting from September 2013. Shows it is a risky business to look too far ahead!!

Untamed Snark
1st December 2013, 05:01 PM
Same thing happened with the Adelaide calendar last year

swansrob
1st December 2013, 05:25 PM
And St Kilda's two years running now (Goddard and Dal Santo)

Doctor
1st December 2013, 07:20 PM

Now more than ever. It's abundantly clear that the far right press commentators have taken the current environment as a green light. Scary times.

Ludwig
1st December 2013, 09:29 PM
Based on the photo in the article it doesn't seem that Buddy is 'running amok' as is claimed.

I don't keep up with the glitterati, but isn't the woman he's talking to someone famous? I'm probably wrong, but her face looks familiar.

ScottH
2nd December 2013, 07:47 AM
I read this morning that it was a launch of his 2014 line.
The clothes thrown were freebies being given out to the crowds.
No one complained and the article is a massive beat up.

Untamed Snark
2nd December 2013, 08:26 AM
Headline:
Franklin accused of dull standard of living:
Sydney paparazzi & journos are reportedly shocked at the standard of living shown by Lance "Buddy" Franklin in his first few weeks in Sydney, " I mean who does he think he is?" queried a media type who requested to stay anonymous, "Moving up here, relaxing on the beach with his mates, hanging out with his girlfriend, launching a clothing line? Where are the booze filled rampages? The not so discreet passing out drunk in the gutter? As media types we have come to expect a certain standard of misbehaviour from our sport celebrities and Franklin in not living up to his end of the bargain. I've gone and bought a ritzy new car I expected to cover with the extra cash I made by selling his outrageous out of control exploits and he has failed me-no failed the whole of the media by pretending he is just some regular guy."
"I mean fair go mate, we have expenses to consider-we are seriously considering suing him for damages should his behaviour not turn around soon"

Franklin refused comment on the grounds he was "off to train with the team"

spiffy-dude
2nd December 2013, 10:21 AM
Are they for real? They use strong emotive words and construct a whole sentence of bull@@@@.

He was throwing things around? That would be the merch he was giving away?

A drunk female was verballing him? How do we not know that the grubby pap didnt pay a girl some money to bait him? It happens a lot.

Seriously i blame the multitudes of bogan scum that need their pathetic lives somehow justified by reading this crap and then feeling all good about their mundane lives out in carolyn springs.

I knew we had to put up with this, but to write actually articles that will be at home in terrible made up gossip mags? Really?

And the comments..why am i co-existing with so many morons??

ScottH
2nd December 2013, 10:25 AM
They have a Carline Springs in Sydney now??

spiffy-dude
2nd December 2013, 10:36 AM

Its just a generic name used for gated housing estates these days.

ScottH
2nd December 2013, 11:03 AM
Its just a generic name used for gated housing estates these days.

And people not from Melbourne get that?

stellation
2nd December 2013, 01:14 PM
And people not from Melbourne get that?
I certainly didn't! :)

aardvark
2nd December 2013, 01:38 PM

Geez Stell you should get out more:wink:

ScottH
2nd December 2013, 02:03 PM

Country Bumpkin!!

magic.merkin
2nd December 2013, 02:23 PM
Are we talking about caroline springs in Melbournes West? isn't it a suburb so not gated (big fence!)? Lost as well!

spiffy-dude
2nd December 2013, 02:59 PM
What a nice little circle jerk we have here.

- - - Updated - - -

No they don't, but they did when i lived in melbourne.

Nice try.

magic.merkin
2nd December 2013, 03:56 PM
This isn't getting tedious at all...

DamY
2nd December 2013, 06:09 PM
Is Carline Springs near Fountain Lakes? Or is it closer to Possum Downs?

satchmopugdog
2nd December 2013, 07:27 PM
I read this morning that it was a launch of his 2014 line.
The clothes thrown were freebies being given out to the crowds.
No one complained and the article is a massive beat up.

Thanks Scott for the note of sanity

swansrob
2nd December 2013, 08:23 PM
What a hooligan! http://instagram.com/p/hXGrhMnbbo/

ScottH
2nd December 2013, 08:23 PM
Is Carline Springs near Fountain Lakes? Or is it closer to Possum Downs?

Now we've got Melbourne completely covered...

Thanks Scott for the note of sanity

You're welcome!!

stellation
2nd December 2013, 09:18 PM
What a nice little circle jerk we have here.

Too early for it, I imagine it's all just fitness work and light skills at this stage. They probably won't do circle work until mid January.

Primmy
2nd December 2013, 09:27 PM
and the beat (up) goes on...

ShockOfHair
2nd December 2013, 09:43 PM
What a hooligan! http://instagram.com/p/hXGrhMnbbo/

The comments are priceless.

aardvark
2nd December 2013, 10:19 PM
Are we talking about caroline springs in Melbournes West? isn't it a suburb so not gated (big fence!)? Lost as well!

Someone stole the gates.......

Bloods05
3rd December 2013, 07:28 AM
Someone stole the gates.......

Caroline Springs is the home of Cayden, the Blues supporter who keeps ringing the Coodabeens to ask how come Fev's not playin'. Supporters in Sydney really need to get into the habit of listening online, every Saturday in the footy season on 774 between 11.00 and 1.00, to complete their football education. It's a little bit of an effort, but well worth it. Guru Bob in particular is essential listening for every footy fan.

Triple B
3rd December 2013, 09:33 AM
Caroline Springs is the home of Cayden, the Blues supporter who keeps ringing the Coodabeens to ask how come Fev's not playin'. Supporters in Sydney really need to get into the habit of listening online, every Saturday in the footy season on 774 between 11.00 and 1.00, to complete their football education. It's a little bit of an effort, but well worth it. Guru Bob in particular is essential listening for every footy fan.
Best option for Sydney peeps is the podcast. Usually online sometime Monday or Tuesday. I listen to and from work every Wednesday during footy season...