PDA

View Full Version : Swans vs Lions this sat 8th March

Auntie.Gerald
6th March 2014, 12:43 PM
I presume the game starting at 230pm is Brisbane time therefore 330pm Sydney Time DLS

Swans in Burpengary - sydneyswans.com.au (http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2014-03-06/swans-in-burpengary)

Great to see Zak Jones is getting a run !!

Sydney Swans team list:

14. BIRD, Craig
7. CUNNINGHAM, Harry
19. DERICKX, Tom
23. FRANKLIN, Lance
39. GRUNDY, Heath
4. HANNEBERY, Dan
33. JACK, Brandon
15. JACK, Kieren
32. JETTA, Lewis
10. JONES, Zak
12. KENNEDY, Josh
11. LAIDLER, Jeremy
9. MALCESKI, Nick
21. McGLYNN, Ben
3. McVEIGH, Jarrad
6. MITCHELL, Tom
35. NAISMITH, Sam
13. NANKERVIS, Toby
5. O?KEEFE, Ryan
38. PYKE, Mike
24. RAMPE, Dane
20. REID, Sam
25. RICHARDS, Ted
30. ROBERTS-THOMSON, Lewis
16. ROHAN, Gary
2. SHAW, Rhyce
40. SMITH, Nick

CJK
6th March 2014, 12:46 PM
Good team.

I'd pay money to watch them run around chasing a ball.

oh wait - I already do.

Mountain Man
6th March 2014, 12:54 PM
All 4 Ruckmen selected in the 27 named.

ugg
6th March 2014, 02:30 PM
From last week's game

In: K.Jack, Jones, Kennedy, McGlynn, McVeigh, T.Mitchell, Nankervis, T.Richards
Out: Towers, Parker, Robinson, Marsh, Aliir, X.Richards, Lloyd

ugg
6th March 2014, 02:31 PM
The full 27-man squad is as follows:

1. Luke McGuane
2. Ryan Harwood
3. Brent Moloney
4. James Aish
6. Josh Green
7. Jed Adcock (C)
10. Daniel Rich
11. Pearce Hanley
13. Trent West
15. Dayne Zorko
16. Jonathan Brown
17. Claye Beams
18. Nick Robertson
19. Jordan Lisle
21. Daniel Merrett
22. Marco Paparone
23. Matthew Leuenberger
24. Joel Patfull
26. Tom Cutler
30. Jack Redden
32. Sam Mayes
33. Michael Close
35. Ryan Lester
38. Tom Rockliff
41. Mitch Golby
42. Justin Clarke
45. Jordon Bourke (Rookie)

goods78
6th March 2014, 03:03 PM
Big in's and we would all expect some big improvements on the last game!

Is the game format with the interchange the same as the NAB cup?

Does anyone know if the game is going to be replayed on the Swan's website?

Doctor
6th March 2014, 03:22 PM
I think it's fair to say that if you are fully fit and aren't in that 27 you can say goodbye to your hopes of playing Round 1.

My understanding is that the game will be regular season AFL rules. No nine point goals or any of that mullarkey. In terms of interchange caps, I'd imagine they'd like to stick to the season cap but a 2.30pm day game in Brisbane in early March might see a gentlemen's agreement override that.

Ludwig
6th March 2014, 03:36 PM
I think it's fair to say that if you are fully fit and aren't in that 27 you can say goodbye to your hopes of playing Round 1.

Probably the only one that might get a go from outside this 27 is Parker.

It's a bit disappointing that Towers was excluded from this game. I thought he might have shown enough to be an outside chance as a sub in round 1. Still looks as though he needs to move past BJ to get a game.

ugg
6th March 2014, 04:16 PM

In the NAB Challenge in the last 2 weeks, they named 29 players with 3 dropping out of the match day squads. I imagine something similar happening here with 3 of those 27 being emergencies and hence 24 looks like the magic number of players in the match day squad.

ScottH
6th March 2014, 05:44 PM
Probably the only one that might get a go from outside this 27 is Parker.

It's a bit disappointing that Towers was excluded from this game. I thought he might have shown enough to be an outside chance as a sub in round 1. Still looks as though he needs to move past BJ to get a game.

His eye looked pretty bad a few days ago. So he may not be worth the risk.

Matimbo
6th March 2014, 06:02 PM
All 4 Ruckmen selected in the 27 named.

Yes, interesting. So do we assume this means Horse has still not made up his mind who/how to cover the backup ruckman vacancy? I'm interested for purely selfish reasons ... in my AFL fantasy team I have been swapping between Tom D and Toby N as one of my backup ruckman. Good price and one of these or Sam N seem likely to get gametime (at least before KT comes back).

Any opinions out there?

Matimbo
6th March 2014, 06:15 PM
Just catching up on reading other threads. I can see a bit of discussion on the ruck question in the "2014 round 1 team vs GWS" thread. Seems like the common opinion is that Tom D is the expected option?

undy
6th March 2014, 08:57 PM
Just catching up on reading other threads. I can see a bit of discussion on the ruck question in the "2014 round 1 team vs GWS" thread. Seems like the common opinion is that Tom D is the expected option?

Yep, that's how it sounded out of Horse's mouth before he said they were all possible (or words to that effect).

Mountain Man
6th March 2014, 09:06 PM
If Tippett really is a likely inclusion from Round 2 or 3, maybe the plan is to put a ruckman permanently at full forward for a couple of rounds so as to simulate the long term structure.

jono2707
6th March 2014, 09:17 PM

I reckon Tom D has played himself into a round 1 spot - not flashy but seems to have played his role reasonably well so far.

ShockOfHair
6th March 2014, 11:47 PM
Without Tippett or Goodes our marking forwards are Reid and Rohan, so the two-ruck option seems inevitable. LRT will go down back which makes Derrickx the most likely.

Ruck'n'Roll
7th March 2014, 07:34 AM
If Tippett really is a likely inclusion from Round 2 or 3, maybe the plan is to put a ruckman permanently at full forward for a couple of rounds so as to simulate the long term structure.
+1

Matt80
7th March 2014, 10:14 AM

Without Kurt Tippett the Swans need to play a back-up Ruckman to support Pyke. Pyke can't ruck all minutes by himself. LRT is a back up ruck option, but the Giants will play three huge key forwards (Boyd, Cameron and Patten) and LRT needs to take one of those.

In the forward line Sam Reid and Lance Franklin don't have Jesse White's ability to contribute some time in the Ruck!

The only option you have available then is one of Tom D, Toby N and Naismith. Tom D with his mature body, desire to succeed and greater experince will be ahead of the others to be played as a back up Ruck.

Mike Pyke resting in the goal square will be dangerous, as Rohan, Franklin and Sam Reid can play up the ground very effectivly.

goods78
7th March 2014, 11:11 AM
Without Kurt Tippett the Swans need to play a back-up Ruckman to support Pyke. Pyke can't ruck all minutes by himself. LRT is a back up ruck option, but the Giants will play three huge key forwards (Boyd, Cameron and Patten) and LRT needs to take one of those.

In the forward line Sam Reid and Lance Franklin don't have Jesse White's ability to contribute some time in the Ruck!

The only option you have available then is one of Tom D, Toby N and Naismith. Tom D with his mature body, desire to succeed and greater experince will be ahead of the others to be played as a back up Ruck.

Mike Pyke resting in the goal square will be dangerous, as Rohan, Franklin and Sam Reid can play up the ground very effectivly.

With Tippett's injuries I would not risk him as the number two ruck man. You don't put the Roller in to the demolition derby.

Early in the season, I think LRT needs to be the number 2 to Pyke against shorter / weaker teams where we match up well with height in the backline. Against the better, taller teams, bring in the 2nd ruck (Tom D, Toby etc).

I think Sammy is going to kill it early in the season and Horse will be reluctant to send him back.

Scottee
7th March 2014, 11:56 AM
Yes, interesting. So do we assume this means Horse has still not made up his mind who/how to cover the backup ruckman vacancy? I'm interested for purely selfish reasons ... in my AFL fantasy team I have been swapping between Tom D and Toby N as one of my backup ruckman. Good price and one of these or Sam N seem likely to get gametime (at least before KT comes back).

Any opinions out there?

This is an interesting conundrum. It is pretty clear that TD does not have a mortgage on the number 2 spot. Toby shows a lot of promise , is skilled and can kick goals, its only his age and inexperience that counts against him. Its similar with Sam but he is taller and seems to have a positive impact in the centre circle. I'm tipping an upset and predict that one of Toby or Sam take the spot.

magic.merkin
7th March 2014, 12:02 PM
Sam has wooed me. But i still think Dedrickx will get the nod this time around. Knackers is behind them both at this stage,

Matt80
7th March 2014, 12:17 PM
Sam has wooed me. But i still think Dedrickx will get the nod this time around. Knackers is behind them both at this stage,

Sam Naismith is still to be promed off the Rookie List, so he can't play seniors unless they promote him.

Like the idea of LRT being seconnd ruck when he is not needed in the backline, but I don't think you can play a forward line of LRT, Tippett, Franklin and Sam Reid. It would be too top heavy!

Captain
7th March 2014, 12:51 PM
Without Tippett or Goodes our marking forwards are Reid and Rohan, so the two-ruck option seems inevitable. LRT will go down back which makes Derrickx the most likely.

Am I missing something? Buddy not playing?

Plugger46
7th March 2014, 01:03 PM
Am I missing something? Buddy not playing?

He's an ordinary mark. Maybe that was the point?

Captain
7th March 2014, 01:47 PM
I often hear that, but he has always marked the ball pretty well against Teddy when we have played them!

Regardless, would have thought he was more of a marking forward then Rohan!

Melbourne_Blood
7th March 2014, 02:56 PM
Out in the lead he's fine, not a contested mark player though.

Plugger46
7th March 2014, 02:59 PM
I often hear that, but he has always marked the ball pretty well against Teddy when we have played them!

Regardless, would have thought he was more of a marking forward then Rohan!

Yeah, I'm with you on both points.

Doctor
7th March 2014, 03:30 PM
So do we have any RWO spies going to the game?

DeadlyAkkuret
7th March 2014, 03:34 PM
Longmire has pushed Tippett's return expectations to round 4.

Really not liking this.

Ludwig
7th March 2014, 04:55 PM

Really not liking this.

Where did you get this news from?

For all intents and purposes that translates to 'indefinitely'!

There's been a slew of preseason injuries this year, so even with Tippett and Goodes out for a while, we are still travelling okay (for the moment).

With all the talk of how are we going to play all of Buddy, Tippett, Reid and Goodes in one forward, it doesn't look as it will ever happen.

wolftone57
7th March 2014, 05:33 PM

Listening to Horse it is up to the clubs as to what format they play and how many players they play. Asked about whether they would have just the same interchange as NAB and he said it was generally agreed between the two clubs what they would do. In other words all 27 may play. From the practice matches played so far it seems nine pointer is gone, which would be sensible as we are not going to have it in the season proper.

DeadlyAkkuret
8th March 2014, 10:27 AM
Where did you get this news from?

For all intents and purposes that translates to 'indefinitely'!

There's been a slew of preseason injuries this year, so even with Tippett and Goodes out for a while, we are still travelling okay (for the moment).

With all the talk of how are we going to play all of Buddy, Tippett, Reid and Goodes in one forward, it doesn't look as it will ever happen.

There's some conflicting reports. My info was from the age but a poster on another site who claims to have inside info is saying Tippett is touch and go for round one.

Horse might just be foxing.

Matt80
8th March 2014, 12:14 PM
There's some conflicting reports. My info was from the age but a poster on another site who claims to have inside info is saying Tippett is touch and go for round one.

Horse might just be foxing.

I would not mind if Tippo missed a couple of games! As Goodes 78 has said Sam Reid looks great and would be good to see him play a few games with Buddy in the forward line without being pushed too far up the ground!

Tippo will then have good time to get right!

Auntie.Gerald
8th March 2014, 12:42 PM
No Cookies | Fox Sports News, Live Sport, Sports | Fox Sports (http://www.foxsports.com.au/tvguide)

is the game on tv today ?

i cant find it listed ?

wolftone57
8th March 2014, 12:45 PM
Interesting that Bullies/Blues & Cats/Roos games were streamed. The clubs must have decided to stream themselves and advertised it on AFL.com. Unless the AFL streamed them?

liz
8th March 2014, 01:01 PM
The Lions are hosting a 'live chat' on their website. A link can be found on this page.

Live chat from Burpengary - lions.com.au (http://www.lions.com.au/news/2014-03-06/live-chat-from-burpengary)

It will almost certainly (and quite reasonably) be very Lions-focussed, but it may be a way of getting score updates.

Wazza
8th March 2014, 01:45 PM
The Lions are hosting a 'live chat' on their website. A link can be found on this page.

Live chat from Burpengary - lions.com.au (http://www.lions.com.au/news/2014-03-06/live-chat-from-burpengary)

It will almost certainly (and quite reasonably) be very Lions-focussed, but it may be a way of getting score updates.

Herald Sun say they have live coverage from the game not sure if that includes video or not

Cheers

waz

ugg
8th March 2014, 02:28 PM
2.30pm local time = 3.30 Sydney time. D'oh!

Triple B
8th March 2014, 02:50 PM

Really not liking this.

I just bought tickets and accom this week for the Adelaide game on the sole basis of wanting to be at Adelaide Oval for Tippett's return, if nothing else it will be hilarious watching them go off. I'll be mighty pissed if he doesn't make it back in time for Rd 4....

liz
8th March 2014, 03:29 PM
I just bought tickets and accom this week for the Adelaide game on the sole basis of wanting to be at Adelaide Oval for Tippett's return, if nothing else it will be hilarious watching them go off. I'll be mighty pissed if he doesn't make it back in time for Rd 4....

How did you buy tickets to the game? I've been checking out the ticket sales via Ticketek for a few weeks, including earlier this week, and it just says further information not yet available. I can't see how I actually buy a ticket.

ShockOfHair
8th March 2014, 03:37 PM
On Twitter you can follow @AFL_mikewhiting

ShockOfHair
8th March 2014, 03:47 PM
Swans tweeted that our starting forward line is LRT, Buddy, Reid, Rohan, McGlynn and Bird.

Interesting use of LRT.

Meg
8th March 2014, 03:49 PM
How did you buy tickets to the game? I've been checking out the ticket sales via Ticketek for a few weeks, including earlier this week, and it just says further information not yet available. I can't see how I actually buy a ticket.

Hi Liz, Limited tickets were available by calling Swans Membership services 1300 663 819 from last Thurs. one ticket per membership. I've got mine. Hopefully some left. Suspect this match will be a sellout (Crows have 80,000 members I think) with the attraction of both a great match and the revamped Adelaide Stadium. I was there this week for a Sheffield Shield cricket match and it is now a great venue.

Reggi
8th March 2014, 03:53 PM
Buddy has goaled. That monkey is at least gone

On-Baller
8th March 2014, 03:55 PM
Is that Buddys first goal in the red and white?

ShockOfHair
8th March 2014, 04:06 PM
3-2-20 to 1-1-7 at q-time.
Goals to Pyke, McGlynn, BUddy.

- - - Updated - - -

3-2-20 to 1-1-7 at q-time.
Goals to Pyke, McGlynn, BUddy.

chammond
8th March 2014, 04:40 PM
halftime Swans 6-5-41 Lions 2-2-14

Triple B
8th March 2014, 04:59 PM

There was a limited supply on sale on Thursday thru the club. It was advertised on Twitter or Facebook I think (I know I saw it somewhere). I called at around 11am and they had 7 tickets left, so I assume they would be all gone by now...

wolftone57
8th March 2014, 05:40 PM
I have been getting the Twitter feed through the Herald Sun. The Swans tweets are few and far between. The Lions are giving me a better idea what is going on than the Swans. They are even tweeting swans goals. We kicked a goal early and it wasn't until 10 mins later that Swans twitttered the feed to HS. Lions did it immediately. Very poor Swans Media.

Jeffers1984
8th March 2014, 06:07 PM
Final Score Swans 12.14.86 Lions 8.11.59
McVeigh 34 possessions, Kennedy 26, Malceski 25, Bird & K.Jack 22, Mitchell 18

DamY
8th March 2014, 06:10 PM
Bird with only 22 possies? Drop him

baskin
8th March 2014, 06:14 PM

Liz tickets go on sale through Ticketek to general public 18th March (Adelaide members 17th March). I found this out by going to the Adelaide Crows website!
I didn't like the idea of waiting until the 18th so called the club to be told they had a limited issue of tickets going on sale the next day (Thursday). Not sure how they notified members but I certainly wasn't advised.

DLBIA14
8th March 2014, 06:19 PM
I have been getting the Twitter feed through the Herald Sun. The Swans tweets are few and far between. The Lions are giving me a better idea what is going on than the Swans. They are even tweeting swans goals. We kicked a goal early and it wasn't until 10 mins later that Swans twitttered the feed to HS. Lions did it immediately. Very poor Swans Media.

I don't understand the Swans media department at all. It wouldn't have been to difficult to write a few more 140 word-ers and take a couple of pics on your iphone. It doesn't compare at all to what other clubs deliver and even other clubs from other codes, and quite frankly you wonder why. You want to sell a premium product from a premier team? Make sure you @@@@ing publicise it.

Meg
8th March 2014, 06:26 PM
Liz tickets go on sale through Ticketek to general public 18th March (Adelaide members 17th March). I found this out by going to the Adelaide Crows website!
I didn't like the idea of waiting until the 18th so called the club to be told they had a limited issue of tickets going on sale the next day (Thursday). Not sure how they notified members but I certainly wasn't advised.

It was in the newsletter email members got on 4 March that had a heading re Rohan resigning. The newsletter also covered tomorrow's fan day at The Sydney Entertainment Centre next to the SCG.

Meg
8th March 2014, 06:27 PM
Re-signing not resigning!

ShockOfHair
8th March 2014, 06:44 PM
I don't understand the Swans media department at all. It wouldn't have been to difficult to write a few more 140 word-ers and take a couple of pics on your iphone. It doesn't compare at all to what other clubs deliver and even other clubs from other codes, and quite frankly you wonder why. You want to sell a premium product from a premier team? Make sure you @@@@ing publicise it.

The AFL newsroom had one guy there who was tweeting on behalf of the Lions and the Swans.

liz
8th March 2014, 07:06 PM

Thanks for the clarification. At least that will stop me sitting gazing at a Ticketek page looking for a link that will enable me to buy a ticket. I just need to remember to try and buy one as soon as they go on sale. My experiences getting tickets via the club's limited away game allocation aren't great anyway (they usually seem to be ground level seats, and I much prefer to watch from an elevated position) so even had I known, I probably wouldn't have bought one that way.

liz
8th March 2014, 07:10 PM
The AFL newsroom had one guy there who was tweeting on behalf of the Lions and the Swans.

Yeah, I don't get the angst over the Swans' media team at times, this being one of them. Over twitter all you're ever going to know is that something has been scored (or someone injured). So what if you get it from a Brisbane person tweeting, or an AFL person.

In general the quantity and quality of material we now have access to via the Swans' website is excellent, and certainly light years ahead of where it was two or three years ago. My only major disappointment is their non-broadcast of the Pre-Season dinner or last year's BS Dinner over the website, a service I very much enjoyed in previous years, as I am sure did many others not able to attend the events in person.

Ludwig
8th March 2014, 07:11 PM

With Andy D's $3.8 mil salary, not much left over to cover practice matches.

Photo of AFL Newsroom:

Matt80
8th March 2014, 07:16 PM
Any injuries from the game? How many possessions for Cunninghal?

liz
8th March 2014, 07:28 PM
Any injuries from the game? How many possessions for Cunninghal?

Apparently Buddy suffered a knock to the knee, which is why he didn't play in the second half. But Longmire says it was just precautionary to rest him after half time, and that he's in no doubt for next weekend.

The Lions' Beams injured a foot too, and this sounds more serious. It was just his second game back from his knee reco, so fingers crossed for him that this isn't too bad.

Matt80
8th March 2014, 07:32 PM
Great weather today! Bondi Buddy will enjoy a nice Sunday morning walk along the shallow shores of North Bondi to work of that bruise!

Doctor
8th March 2014, 11:02 PM

Swans Support tweeted at 10am on Thursday that Members' tickets were on sale. I had been planning to go if I could get a ticket so I jumped on and bought some. They didn't have many left when i called at 10.30 as they were only given a very small allocation, no doubt due to the number of members the Crows have and the fact that it's so early in the season and the new ground experience will still be in its infancy. I'd been checking Ticketek too and they still have nothing in terms of sale info.

Xie Shan
8th March 2014, 11:43 PM
I know many of you don't do BigFooty, but some kind fellow who was at today's practice match (a Collingwood supporter, no less!) has generously posted some pictures he took at the game. Enjoy!

Practice Match vs Brisbane Lions at Burpengary (http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/practice-match-vs-brisbane-lions-at-burpengary.1051126/page-10#post-31987100)

Auntie.Gerald
9th March 2014, 07:31 AM
great shot of HarryC lining up and slotting a great goal

sounds like the hit out in the heat was beneficial for being ready for round 1

I know this is massively optimistic call but Cunningham or BJ can become the 40 goal per season goal sneaks like a Milne or Betts

Betts and Milne both averaged approx 2 goals per game thru their careers and I personally think that Cunningham and BJ both have that x factor about them around the goals

Matt80
9th March 2014, 08:30 AM
great shot of HarryC lining up and slotting a great goal

sounds like the hit out in the heat was beneficial for being ready for round 1

I know this is massively optimistic call but Cunningham or BJ can become the 40 goal per season goal sneaks like a Milne or Betts

Betts and Milne both averaged approx 2 goals per game thru their careers and I personally think that Cunningham and BJ both have that x factor about them around the goals

Those guys definitely have that potential due to their speed, but Milne and Betts have amazing all round skills. Milne and Betts at times could out mark Nick Smith, but I think Nick Smith would dominate both BJ and Cunningham in the air.

If you want both Cunningham and BJ in the line up then someone like a Craig Bird will have to give way! Craig Bird is too consistent and gives you more in the midfield than both BJ and Cunningham! This could change over the next two years as both BJ and Cunningham develop their games!

billyboob
9th March 2014, 08:52 AM
Found this. Aps if already posted in thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=6NLSkXxydM8

liz
9th March 2014, 09:58 AM
Those guys definitely have that potential due to their speed, but Milne and Betts have amazing all round skills. Milne and Betts at times could out mark Nick Smith, but I think Nick Smith would dominate both BJ and Cunningham in the air.

If you want both Cunningham and BJ in the line up then someone like a Craig Bird will have to give way! Craig Bird is too consistent and gives you more in the midfield than both BJ and Cunningham! This could change over the next two years as both BJ and Cunningham develop their games!

Yeah, neither has really shown anything like the skill set of a Milne or a Betts. It's not just the overhead marking- which either could develop a little in time. Both Betts and Milne are (were) great at reading the ball in flight, and also using their body to protect the drop space. It's also the ground level skills, the evasive ability and agility to turn an opponent inside out. Cunningham and Jack have good acceleration and pace, and have showed the ability to hit a spilled ball quickly and decisively, but neither has demonstrated any of the sideways evasiveness of the best small forwards.

To me they are both half forwards at the moment, with the potential to become full time midfielders in time. Cunningham has demonstrated plenty of inside ability at NEAFL level and he was started in the centre square for some bounces during the Giants game, which gives some ideas as to how the club thinks he might develop. Jack hasn't really been called on to show that yet, so we have no idea what kind of 'inside' game he might be capable of developing. You have to remember how far he's come in such a short time - from a bit part player for the RAMS in his U18 year to making his AFL debut barely a year later.

Matt79
9th March 2014, 10:07 AM
Swans Support tweeted at 10am on Thursday that Members' tickets were on sale. I had been planning to go if I could get a ticket so I jumped on and bought some. They didn't have many left when i called at 10.30 as they were only given a very small allocation, no doubt due to the number of members the Crows have and the fact that it's so early in the season and the new ground experience will still be in its infancy. I'd been checking Ticketek too and they still have nothing in terms of sale info.

I purchased 3 tickets to the Crows game through the Swans at 3:15pm ish last Thursday. They said at that time they had around 100 left to sell. The game does not go on sale for Ticketek until the 17th March (I think I read).

ScottH
9th March 2014, 11:26 AM
Found this. Aps if already posted in thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=6NLSkXxydM8

Thanks.

Best commentary ever!!

wolftone57
9th March 2014, 12:16 PM
Thanks Billy Boob for the footage. It was more than Swans Media could do. Sorry Liz but in a competitive environment like Sydney you have to be far better than the other mob and our media dept is way behind NRL and Melbourne AFL clubs.

ShockOfHair
9th March 2014, 11:03 PM
THat was by definition the lowest-profile game of the year. It wasn't a NAB game, just a friendly with no radio coverage, let alone TV. The Swans don't normally travel with their own TV crew, so there's no reason to do it for a meaningless trial match. I doubt Burpengary is even set up for TV coverage. But if there's a villain it's the AFL - they're the ones who've set up a massive website to compete with the professional media, so I'd be inclined to blame them for not sending any more than a bloke with a phone.