PDA

View Full Version : AFL Injury Update 11/06/2014

ScottH
11th June 2014, 11:09 AM
SYDNEY SWANS
AFL Injury Update, Official Injury List AFL - AFL.com.au (http://www.afl.com.au/news/injury-news/injury-list)
*Placed on the club's long-term injury list

Player|Injury|07-05|Injury|14-05|Injury|21-05|Injury|28-05|Injury|03-06|Injury|10-06
Johnson|Knee|Season|Knee|Season|Knee|Season|Knee|S eason|Knee|Season|Knee|Season
LRT|||||||||Calf|Test|Calf|Test
Tippett|Rib|Test|||||||||Knee|2-3 w
Naismith|Knee|1-2 w|Knee|Test|Knee|Available||||||
Franklin|Knee|Test||||||||||
P Mitchell|Knee|Test||||||||||
Perris|Shin|Test||||||||||
Pyke|||Hamstring|1 w|Hamstring|1 w|Hamstring|1 w|Hamstring|Test||
Dick|||||||Hamstring|1 w|Hamstring|1 w|Hamstring|1 w
Rampe|||||||||Knee|Test||
Towers|||||||||Shoulder|2-3 w|Shoulder|1-2 w
McGlynn|||||||||||Concussion|Test
T Mitchell|||||||||||Ankle|2-3 w
X Richards|||||||||||Hip|1 w

Ludwig
11th June 2014, 11:48 AM
I noted that Matt Cameron said that AJ has been booked into surgery in 6 weeks time to allow for certainty for any return of infection.

It is firstly a worry that there would still be concern about this after such a long time off. I'm just wondering if there were any indications like a high leukocyte count.

There was nothing said about the kind of ACL replacement selected. If they don't go with the LARS then 2015 would be another writeoff year for AJ as well. That would make 3 years out of football and not a good prognosis.

Untamed Snark
11th June 2014, 12:39 PM
I'm pretty sure AJ said he was going the LARS option this time-perhaps in an interview on the Swans website

magic.merkin
11th June 2014, 01:39 PM
This is the last i remember. Leaning towards Lars, swans article linked as well:
Alex Johnson reinjures knee - Page 3 (http://www.redandwhiteonline.com/forum/showthread.php/37637-Alex-Johnson-reinjures-knee?p=637582&viewfull=1#post637582)

mcs
11th June 2014, 04:47 PM
The last I saw they were talking about LARS again by the sounds of it.

I just want to see him back in the first 22, where he belongs! I don't want him to end up being one of these guys who had his career ruined by injury.

Saying that though - he still is a Premiership Player after all!