PDA

View Full Version : Bud'n'Davo

liz
25th June 2014, 01:22 AM
I am surprised that it's taken so long for an article along these lines to appear. You can often see the two of them together while the team is warming up, appearing to be talking about goal kicking (ie while Franklin is practising goal kicking). Given how Davo used shape the ball through the air but always seemed to know exactly the trajectory he was aiming for, it makes a lot of sense for him to be helping Buddy better judge how his trajectories are going to line up with the middle of the goal posts.

No Cookies | dailytelegraph.com.au (http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/afl/sydney-runner-nick-smith-mentoring-superstar-lance-franklin-with-his-goalkicking/story-fni5fan6-1226965574925)

ShockOfHair
25th June 2014, 01:45 AM
Love the headline: Sydney runner Nick Smith mentoring superstar Lance Franklin with his goalkicking

I've heard Carey and Matthews talking about how Franklin seems to have corrected his drop this year and now getting a more predictable swing from left to right.

ScottH
25th June 2014, 08:38 AM
I've noticed his ARC is not as pronounced as it used to be.
Sounds like Nick has straightened hiom out.

I wonder who is doing the driving lessons to straighten out that arc.

Conor_Dillon
25th June 2014, 08:47 AM
I've noticed his ARC is not as pronounced as it used to be.
Sounds like Nick has straightened hiom out.

:clap:

barry
25th June 2014, 11:32 AM
Before we get to ahead of ourselves, hes still kicking a lot of points. Remember that he hawks game ?

Jewels
25th June 2014, 11:45 AM
Before we get to ahead of ourselves, hes still kicking a lot of points. Remember that he hawks game ?

If you read the article Baz, it is referring to his increased accuracy over recent weeks

"He said yesterday that hard work on the training track over the past six weeks had resulted in his rich vein of form ? and his accuracy in that time.

He struggled with some knee soreness earlier in the season, but has moved more freely in recent weeks."

MomentByMoment
25th June 2014, 12:38 PM
Yes, I mentioned Nick on a Roar comment a few weeks ago.

The secret to Sydney's success has been the way we have added value for our trades.

Imagine Lance Franklin kicking with the efficiency of a Nick Davis. Ah ... life is good.

liz
25th June 2014, 12:55 PM

I believe Hanners has been given that job...

Mel_C
25th June 2014, 01:35 PM

Not Jodhi Meares!!

ScottH
25th June 2014, 02:49 PM

Many of his points are coming from field kicking, the article is referring to set shots.

I believe Hanners has been given that job...

Not Jodhi Meares!!

:clap:

tasmania60
25th June 2014, 06:03 PM
Looking more settled no deviation luv to watch buddy in a hawks video to compare ?

stellation
25th June 2014, 07:19 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I don't think there's any need to add more.

Doctor
25th June 2014, 07:51 PM
His set shots look significantly better, especially from that mid-range distance that really used to trouble him. Kicks from that range are even more important at the SCG so it's excellent that Davo has been able to help him correct this. Franklin's "natural arc", which always used to drive me mad, has noticeable lessened, and his set shots look far more pure.