PDA

View Full Version : Zak Jones - where does/will he play?

RogueSwan
9th July 2014, 12:36 PM
Over the last couple of weeks I have read a number of posts that have Zak playing off half back.
Is that only because he came in when Shaw went out and it was assumed he would be playing Shaw's role?
Did Jones play that role before being drafted?
I always thought he was a inside (+ slightly outside) midfielder, hopefully similar to Hanners.:hmmm

ugg
9th July 2014, 12:59 PM
He's been playing mostly in defence in the reserves with some short spells in the midfield.

RogueSwan
9th July 2014, 01:47 PM
He's been playing mostly in defence in the reserves with some short spells in the midfield.
As a defender (eg: Smooch) or rebounder (eg:Eski) or both (Rampe?)?

Conor_Dillon
9th July 2014, 03:54 PM
He was definitely a midfielder at Under 18 level TAC cup but in the National Champs he played off a half-back and was named MVP for Vic Country if i remember correctly. I'd say he'll spend most of his time in the backline until a spot in the midfield opens up, but that doesn't look like happening any time soon

ernie koala
9th July 2014, 04:45 PM
He played his best underage footy in the backline.

He seems a ready made back pocket/ back flanker, for his early AFL career.

I reckon his early forays into the midfield will be tagging jobs, I reckon his combative nature would make him a natural at tagging.

It's too early to know where he'll end up.

Auntie.Gerald
9th July 2014, 05:59 PM
I think he will be a versatile player............and could easily be the small defender or midfielder due to his all round ability

Primmy
9th July 2014, 11:33 PM
He's 18.

And don't call him small. If ever there was a likely lad who doesn't look like he thinks he is small its Zac.

They are still probably working him all over the place to turn him into an all rounder, like all of the boys (except Smooch, and even he can kick a mean goal). But he has a hard head, intent, speed, physique and smarts. Take your pick.

Melb Blood Bro
9th July 2014, 11:58 PM
He's 18.

And don't call him small. If ever there was a likely lad who doesn't look like he thinks he is small its Zac.

They are still probably working him all over the place to turn him into an all rounder, like all of the boys (except Smooch, and even he can kick a mean goal). But he has a hard head, intent, speed, physique and smarts. Take your pick.

Smooch?

Bloods05
10th July 2014, 08:57 AM
Smooch?

Smith.

Nico
10th July 2014, 12:30 PM
Midfielder written all over him.

wolftone57
10th July 2014, 01:19 PM
He has played back according to all the evidence I can gather. he has had stints in the mids but essentially a back. he was recruited as a defender. Reason for that is Shaw will be retiring soon and Mal won't go forever. His being 18 we were probably looking to blood him next year but the kid just puts in and haw could the coaches overlook him when a possie came up.

Yes he could tag in the mids but he is really a very good defender as he has proven in the few matches he has had. The lovely thing about Zac is that he generally uses the ball so well and coming out of the defence we need young players like him.

aardvark
10th July 2014, 02:07 PM
Love the idea of him as a tagging mid.

Mug Punter
10th July 2014, 10:53 PM
He's got the makings of an absolute gun.

mcs
11th July 2014, 04:58 PM
He is going to be a real hard nut for us, and I look forward immensely to his progress that we will see when he gets back :)

Auntie.Gerald
11th July 2014, 05:11 PM
he is real keen bean !!!

Keen as mustard !

http://nursemyra.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/keen-as-mustard.jpg

Untamed Snark
11th July 2014, 05:18 PM
Loving your graphics at the moment Aunty G :smile: