PDA

View Full Version : Tackling Tackling Tackling

Auntie.Gerald
18th July 2014, 01:02 PM
This one is for you Matt80 :)

The Inquirer: Playing the man - sydneyswans.com.au (http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2014-07-18/the-inquirer-playing-the-man-syd)

Matt80
18th July 2014, 01:13 PM
This one is for you Matt80 :)

The Inquirer: Playing the man - sydneyswans.com.au (http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2014-07-18/the-inquirer-playing-the-man-syd)

I did see that article this morning. It?s great when the wider football community recognises what you have been trying to say. It validates oneself as a ?brave, left field pundit?. You don?t make many friend posting like I do, but you sure dissect some issues.

Go Swannies
18th July 2014, 01:35 PM
It's amazing that there was a dip in average tackles in the Swans 2005 Premiership year - and none of the high tackling games included the Swans. Or Freo.

But we have three of the top 5 most effective tacklers!

Auntie.Gerald
18th July 2014, 02:18 PM
hhhmmmmmmm true !

and ........that the best team in the comp leading the 2014 competition also has the highest tackling efficiency !

high accountability and execution to a coaches game plan you would think

Tackle
win the ball
kick to a one on one with Buddy, Goodes, Tip, Reid
GOAL !!!!

sounds like the old training drills we did week in week out every tues and thurs night for at least 30mins every week of the season !

it does tend to simply things and it is probably not as fun as chipping the ball around via uncontested footy.........but right now and until countered it is working !

Bloods05
18th July 2014, 02:19 PM
I did see that article this morning. It?s great when the wider football community recognises what you have been trying to say. It validates oneself as a ?brave, left field pundit?. You don?t make many friend posting like I do, but you sure dissect some issues.

Oh no, he went there.

ShockOfHair
18th July 2014, 02:28 PM

ANd you don't win any friends by restating the blinding obvious as some kind of dogma and patting yourself on the back for doing so.

Matt80
18th July 2014, 02:53 PM
ANd you don't win any friends by restating the blinding obvious as some kind of dogma and patting yourself on the back for doing so.

My mother always told me that "if you don?t love yourself, nobody else will".

You call this dogma; I call this a victory for "John Longmire Football" and wonderful execution by the Swans team to the head coaches winning strategy.

Auntie.Gerald
18th July 2014, 03:20 PM
Careful Matt :)

Ben Lee used to say that if you dont sell yourself who will.........and now no one sells his records .......well not quite........but u know what i mean :)

http://whothehell.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/ben-lee-500px.jpg

ugg
18th July 2014, 03:25 PM
Matt does the stat that Malceski is the 2nd most effective tackler in the competition change your mind about giving him the boot?

Matt80
18th July 2014, 03:33 PM
Matt does the stat that Malceski is the 2nd most effective tackler in the competition change your mind about giving him the boot?

I don?t want to give him the boot. It?s entirely up to Malceski. I think there is talent waiting in the wings such as Rohan and Jones if Malceski exercises his option. I personally think Garry Rohan can be amazing off the half back line and will surpass Malceski as a half back in 18 months.

You never know Ugg. What happens if Malceski leaving frees up the salary cap space to keep Tom Mitchell.

If you had a choice to keep one player between Malceski and Mitchell who would it be?

ugg
18th July 2014, 03:35 PM
I don't think keeping Tom Mitchell is a salary cap issue.

aardvark
18th July 2014, 05:40 PM
If you had a choice to keep one player between Malceski and Mitchell who would it be?

At the moment i'd keep Mal, and I reckon Mitchells probably worth less now than when we got him. Too many injuries, same as before we drafted him.