PDA

View Full Version : Jude Bolton Tribute

Meg
26th July 2014, 03:28 PM
Make sure you watch the two lovely tribute videos now up on the Swans website. Perhaps someone who went to the tribute dinner last night might give us some feedback? It sounds as if it must have been fun.

"Under the guise of the annual Melbourne Legends Dinner, the night was transformed into a ?This is Your Life? journey through Bolton?s illustrious career, with a number of special guests attending the event to share their stories about the champion Swan."

SwansTV: Jude Bolton: This is your life - sydneyswans.com.au (http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/video/2014-07-25/swanstv-jude-bolton-this-is-your-life)

SwansTV: Jude Bolton tributes - sydneyswans.com.au (http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/video/2014-07-25/swanstv-jude-bolton-tributes)

ScottH
26th July 2014, 04:07 PM
Very Nice.

Some great memories there,

dimelb
26th July 2014, 04:39 PM
It was a great night. I'm glad the club put those tributes up as my hearing couldn't keep up with the comments through the laughter and applause. The interviews were absorbing, especially when Jude left his own chair to sit on the couch between Heath and Fitzy, who is a genuine character in his own right and a naturally funny man.

They had a display out in the vestibule with the photos shown on the tribute video, plus a few others such as the talent-spotters' written comments on the 17 year old (I guess) Jude. Consensus seemed to be that he was a genuine top-10. People sometimes raise the possibility that we could have had Lenny Hayes, and I'm sure he would have been as great a player at the Swans as he has been at the Saints, but I don't think we had enough early picks to take both!

There were legends galore floating around. I was nearly barrelled by Mickey O coming out of the gents as I was heading in, there were Bob Skilton and John Heriot chatting with a small group and legendary talent scout Ricky Barham. I've mentioned in the "Show who's boss" thread having a word with Andrew Pridham.

The food and drinks were also very good.

Number 43
24th August 2014, 12:16 PM
Just saw Jude Bolton on Game Day. He is excellent in that role.

royboy42
24th August 2014, 02:40 PM
It was a great night. I'm glad the club put those tributes up as my hearing couldn't keep up with the comments through the laughter and applause. The interviews were absorbing, especially when Jude left his own chair to sit on the couch between Heath and Fitzy, who is a genuine character in his own right and a naturally funny man.

They had a display out in the vestibule with the photos shown on the tribute video, plus a few others such as the talent-spotters' written comments on the 17 year old (I guess) Jude. Consensus seemed to be that he was a genuine top-10. People sometimes raise the possibility that we could have had Lenny Hayes, and I'm sure he would have been as great a player at the Swans as he has been at the Saints, but I don't think we had enough early picks to take both!

There were legends galore floating around. I was nearly barrelled by Mickey O coming out of the gents as I was heading in, there were Bob Skilton and John Heriot chatting with a small group and legendary talent scout Ricky Barham. I've mentioned in the "Show who's boss" thread having a word with Andrew Pridham.

The food and drinks were also very good.

+1 It was an excellent night

ugg
24th August 2014, 04:19 PM
I don't think we had enough early picks to take both!

We actually had 3 picks in the top 10. 3 (Fosdike), 4 (Fitzgerald) and 8 (Bolton). But it all worked out for the best. Without Fossie we wouldn't have won 05 and without Fitzy we wouldn't have that annoying breakfast radio show

Primmy
25th August 2014, 12:13 PM
We actually had 3 picks in the top 10. 3 (Fosdike), 4 (Fitzgerald) and 8 (Bolton). But it all worked out for the best. Without Fossie we wouldn't have won 05 and without Fitzy we wouldn't have that annoying breakfast radio showExactly - except your crack at Fitzy. He is a very funny, warm and engaging man who laughs and laughs, taking everyone along with him. Never heard him say a mean word. Anyway, two out of three ain't bad is it!

Jewels
25th August 2014, 01:17 PM
Exactly - except your crack at Fitzy. He is a very funny, warm and engaging man who laughs and laughs, taking everyone along with him. Never heard him say a mean word. Anyway, two out of three ain't bad is it!

Fitzy loses points for being an Adelaide fan these days :-(

dimelb
25th August 2014, 01:35 PM
We actually had 3 picks in the top 10. 3 (Fosdike), 4 (Fitzgerald) and 8 (Bolton). But it all worked out for the best. Without Fossie we wouldn't have won 05 and without Fitzy we wouldn't have that annoying breakfast radio show

I'd forgotten how lowly was our position back then. :smile: