PDA

View Full Version : Membrey debut

Auntie.Gerald
1st August 2014, 11:31 PM
I was happy for Tim tonight

he held his own and in particular I was watching his second efforts, tackling chasing etc and his overall pressure for a guy who i thought really struggled for fitness earlier in the year he rose to the occasion and worked his but off !

:clap:

barry
2nd August 2014, 12:12 AM
Looks good but did seem to tire. A goodes replacement for next year

tasmania60
2nd August 2014, 09:07 AM
Agree seemed a bit slow with the pace , ideal replacement for Goodes. Hope he gets more games!

Reggi
2nd August 2014, 09:57 AM
I expect him to end up as a defender. Of the Leppitsch type. Bit undersized but quickish and powerful with damaging skills when the ball hits the ground.

Our next Leo Barry

churry
2nd August 2014, 01:53 PM
His first quarter was good. Started with a lot of energy and put in a lot of effort, was looking good and then obviously dropped off. He probably won't be playing next week as it sounds like hanners and buddy will be back but he showed some good signs.

ernie koala
3rd August 2014, 10:46 AM
I agree with Auntie. Thought it was a really promising debut.

Playing on a wily old 400 gamer (probably had his poster on his bedroom wall a few years ago), he held his own for the most part.

He looked a little unsure of himself at times, he'll be much better for the run.

If Reid's hip flexor keeps him out this week, hopefully Membrey plays.

ScottH
3rd August 2014, 04:02 PM
He was very clean with his touches, unlike #8.
Quite an impressive debut. I look forward to seeing him again.

shaun..
3rd August 2014, 11:51 PM
Very good early. Good energy and quality possessions.
Always offered a lead, with repeated efforts, especially high forward and towards the wing.
I really wanted to see some delivery to him in the forward line, though you'd probably think otherwise seeing Fletcher next to him. At one stage, he did have a good match up on Stanton that they should have utilised.
Alas, sloppy forward entries all night denied any real possibilities of a debut goal.

In short... Looks promising!

Conor_Dillon
4th August 2014, 09:27 AM
It's fair to say he looked more at home in his debut than big Jesse did in his entire career at the Swans...

magic.merkin
4th August 2014, 11:27 AM
It's fair to say he looked more at home in his debut than big Jesse did in his entire career at the Swans...

Jesse kicked a few bags of 4 for us, let's not get too excited yet.

Anyways solid debut for his role. As said could do the Goodes forward role next year iof he keeps progressing.

Conor_Dillon
5th August 2014, 03:21 PM
Jesse kicked a few bags of 4 for us, let's not get too excited yet.

Anyways solid debut for his role. As said could do the Goodes forward role next year iof he keeps progressing.

Jesse did some really freakish things but I can't recall him ever really looking like a footballer...he always seemed more like an athlete learning to play rather than a player learning to be athletic...if that makes sense.

I saw Membrey play for the Vic Country u-15s in the national champs and even way back then you could tell he was a footballer...certain players have it and I think he is one. Hewett is similar too, it comes naturally to them.

wolftone57
5th August 2014, 06:10 PM
I expect him to end up as a defender. Of the Leppitsch type. Bit undersized but quickish and powerful with damaging skills when the ball hits the ground.

Our next Leo Barry

I think he would be wasted in defence. He is not a natural defender but he is a natural forward and knows where the goals are. Stick him in a forward pocket in the role Goodsie plays, with a license to roam and he could kick many goals for us. What role exactly is he going to fill in the defence? The days of Leo Barry under sized defenders playing on key forwards is over, just ask Bullies. No forweard for mine a definite Goodsie replacement.

- - - Updated - - -

His first quarter was good. Started with a lot of energy and put in a lot of effort, was looking good and then obviously dropped off. He probably won't be playing next week as it sounds like hanners and buddy will be back but he showed some good signs.

I don't think he dropped off so much as got manned up. They sent at different times, Fletcher & Hurley to him after quarter time. I thought he still contributed up until the time he was subbed.

wolftone57
5th August 2014, 06:19 PM
Jesse did some really freakish things but I can't recall him ever really looking like a footballer...he always seemed more like an athlete learning to play rather than a player learning to be athletic...if that makes sense.

I saw Membrey play for the Vic Country u-15s in the national champs and even way back then you could tell he was a footballer...certain players have it and I think he is one. Hewett is similar too, it comes naturally to them.

I agree, Membrey is all footballer. Footballers have that natural balance and both he, Hewett, Lloyd, Mitchell, Parker, Hannas, Joey etc have it. They are natural footballers and came to the game early, from about aged 4, you can tell. They have a economy of movement that expends less energy and lets them have plenty left in the tank. They naturally know where to move and when. Athleticism for them comes with fitness and aerobic exercise and their natural ability to move their body in any direction at a split second. footballers can be made but the best always have an innate sense. Kizza might have been brought up in RL & soccer but he has an innate sense of movement for Aussie Rules. It comes naturally to him.

By the way I tthink he is a Richard Osborne type. Osborne had a wonderful physique as does Tim. Osbourne was a very strong mark, so is Tim. Osbourne could baulk, turn and twist, so can Tim. They both have that innate sense of when, where, how & who.

Bloody Hell
6th August 2014, 12:07 AM
Big offseason ahead for him.

If he starts tearing apart the 3km next pre season it will be on like Donkey Kong.

Conor_Dillon
6th August 2014, 09:35 AM
Spot on about K.Jack wolfy...you can tell he's not a natural however this sometimes works in his favour...the way he rugby-steps out of tackles for example is brilliantly effective.

Ampersand
6th August 2014, 10:27 AM
I love it when Kizza does a rugby league-style sidestep. It seems to really catch the opposition off guard. Let's hope he introduces a David Campesie goose-step into the game too.