PDA

View Full Version : VFL Round 3: Gold Coast Suns Reserves v Sydney Swans Reserves

ugg
24th April 2015, 03:30 PM
NEAFL 2015 Round 3

Gold Coast Suns Reserves v Sydney Swans Reserves

Saturday 25th April 2015
12.00pm
Harrup Park, Mackay

In what appears to have become a yearly fixture on the NEAFL schedule, the Swans Reserves will make their way up north for the second consecutive year to play on ANZAC Day. Last year proved to be a thriller for the Mackay locals as the Swans edged out the Brisbane Lions Reserves in a low-scoring affair 51-50.

The Gold Coast Suns Reserves finished wooden spooners last year, due to a significant portion of their playing list out on the sidelines, a side patched up with local topups failed to win a single game all season. And while the Suns haven't managed to win a game so far this year, they have pushed the two of the stronger sides to close losses. They went down to the UWS Giants by 31 points and then most recently were ipped reigning premiers Aspley by only 14 points. They look primed to break their 20 game losing streak against a Swans side low in confidence after their poor showing against the Giants in Round 2.

NEAFL Ladder
Position|Team|Played|Wins|Losses|Draws|FF|For|Agai nst|Percentage|Points
1|Aspley|2|2|0|0|0|286|133|215.04%|8
2|UWS Giants|2|2|0|0|0|241|147|163.95%|8
3|Ainslie|2|1|1|0|0|230|164|140.24%|4
4|NT Thunder|1|1|0|0|0|116|107|108.41%|4
5|Brisbane Lions|2|1|1|0|0|169|166|101.81%|4
6|Southport|2|1|1|0|0|205|206|99.51%|4
{colsp=11}-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
7|Redland|2|1|1|0|0|144|148|97.30%|4
8|Sydney Swans|2|1|1|0|0|166|172|96.51%|4
9|Sydney University|1|0|1|0|0|69|76|90.79%|0
10|Gold Coast Suns|2|0|2|0|0|194|239|81.17%|0
11|Eastlake|2|0|2|0|0|84|346|24.28%|0

Recent Form
Reserves
Round|Team|Venue|Result|F|A
R1|Ainslie|Away|Win|108|51
R2|UWS Giants|Home|Loss|58|121

Gold Coast Suns Reserves
Round|Team|Venue|Result|F|A
R1|UWS Giants|Home|Loss|89|120
R2|Aspley|Home|Loss|105|119

Past Meetings
Round 4 @ SCG
Team|Q1|Q2|Q3|Q4|Final
Reserves|7.2|11.7|16.9|19.17|131
Gold Coast Suns|1.3|1.5|2.5|4.7|31

Type|Players
Goals|Nankervis 4, Tippett 3, Marsh 3, Membrey 2, Perris, Lockyer, Wray, Hewett, Hiscox, Robinson, Head
Best|Nankervis, Biggs, Jones, Robinson, Dick, Marsh

Round 7 @ Metricon Stadium
Team|Q1|Q2|Q3|Q4|Final
Gold Coast Suns|1.3|3.3|4.8|9.12|66
Reserves|0.5|5.9|9.9|12.13|85

Type|Players
Goals|Membrey 3, O'Keefe 2, Hewett 2, Nankervis 2, Preen, Rohan, Pyke
Best|Membrey, Jack, O'Keefe, Robinson, Lockyer, Hewett

Round 19 @ Blacktown International Sportspark
Team|Q1|Q2|Q3|Q4|Final
Reserves|2.3|3.6|7.9|13.14|92
Gold Coast Suns|0.3|2.7|4.9|6.10|46

Type|Players
Goals|Nankervis 2, T.Mitchell 2, Membrey 2
Best|Foote, Roberts-Thomson, Jack, O'Keefe, Wright, Hewett, Towers

Last Round
Team|Q1|Q2|Q3|Q4|Final
Reserves|0.1|2.2|3.3|9.4|58
UWS Giants|4.7|9.11|14.16|17.19|121

Type|Players
Goals|Goodes 3, Jack, Reinhard, Naismith, McLaren, McFadden, Hiscox
Best|Jones, Mitchell, Goodes, Robinson

Team|Q1|Q2|Q3|Q4|Final
Aspley|5.2|10.3|13.7|18.11|119
Gold Coast Suns|4.0|5.4|10.7|16.9|105

Type|Players
Goals|Dixon 3, Glenn 2, Brooksby 2, Wright 2, Leslie, Fraser, Herbert, Hall, Emery, Russell, Charlesworth
Best|Glenn, Schade, Wright, Brooksby, Marsden, Raines

Team List
Listed players
#|Name|Games|Goals|Votes|Notes
1|James ROSE|2|2|0|
6|Tom MITCHELL|2|0|11|
9|Abaina DAVIS|2|0|0|
10|Zak JONES|2|0|8|
13|Toby NANKERVIS|2|3|1|
19|Tom DERICKX|1|0|0|
27|Daniel ROBINSON|2|0|3|
29|George HEWETT|1|0|0|
30|Sean McLAREN|2|5|0|
31|Harrison MARSH|2|0|1|
33|Brandon JACK|2|1|2|
35|Sam NAISMITH|2|4|4|Senior emergency
37|Adam GOODES|1|3|4|
42|Xavier RICHARDS|2|1|5|
45|Jordan FOOTE|2|0|0|

Changes
In: Hewett
Out: James HISCOX (senior emergency)

Hewett who sat out last week's game as part of his emergency duties comes back in for Hiscox who has flown to Perth as an emergency. Derickx was playing on managed time last week and will be looking to spend more time in the ruck this week. The height of the Gold Coast talls (see below) may force one of the 3 ruckmen or McLaren to go back to help Richards, Davis, Marsh and co.

Goodes will primarily play midfield again with resting periods in the forward line.

Academy Players/Topups
#|Name|Games|Goals|Votes|Notes
46|Will TAYLOR|2|1|0|
47|Andrew SIERAKOWSKI|0|0|0|Debut
48|Matt WILSON|0|0|0|Debut
50|Erol SERTBAS|2|1|0|
52|Nick FOSTER|2|1|0|
55|Jack CAMPBELL|1|1|0|
57|Zac FYFFE|1|0|0|

In: Campbell, Fyffe, Sierakowski, Wilson
Out: Callum McFADDEN, Oscar OSBORNE, Ned REINHARD, Tom YOUNG

Gold Coast Suns (listed players in bold)
|||
B:|43. Jarred ELLIS|20. Henry SCHADE|39. Louis HERBERT
HB:|36. Greg BROUGHTON|21. Jack LESLIE|27. Clay CAMERON
C:|8. Luke RUSSELL|29. Andrew RAINES|37. Jesse LONERGAN
HF:|45. John MACANSH|46. Josh HALL|25. Danny STANLEY
F:|47. Sebastian FAHEY|30. Peter WRIGHT|12. Sam DAY
Foll:|31. Keegan BROOKSBY|34. Josh GLENN|14. Mitch HALLAHAN
Int:|15. Daniel GORRINGE|5. Dylan MUTU|3. Daniel CHARLESWORTH
|1. Tim JONES
Emg:|13. Andrew BOSTON|48. Matthew DANIEL|38. Joel NEWMAN

In: Broughton, Day, Fahey, Gorringe, Hallahan, Jones, Macansh, Mutu
Out: Josh COOPER, Charlie DIXON, Kyle EMERY, Harrison FRASER, Joel KARWAN, Curtis MARSDEN, Tom NICHOLLS, Thomas THYNNE

17 listed players set to play and there's a lot of height in their lineup with Brooksby, Cameron, Day, Gorringe, Hall, Leslie, Schade and Wright all considered genuine talls and might give our defence some trouble. Raines and Hallahan are experienced hardened bodies who should provide stern opposition to Mitchelll, Goodes and friends.

The ruck battle should be particularly interesting with mature age SANFL recruit Brooksby supported by Gorringe, Wright, Hall and/or Day up against our own ruck division of Naismith, Derickx and Nankervis.

Meg
24th April 2015, 03:45 PM
Thanks Ugg for great preview as always.
This match is getting a lot of regional publicity on Queensland with some excitement about the chance to see Adam Goodes play. Adam's father, Graham Goodes, lives in Mackay which adds to the local connection.
'AFL Mackay regional manager Jeff Neumann said it was "huge" to have someone like Goodes playing in Mackay. "It's great for the boys and girls to see these stars that they see on television, that I guess in regional Queensland you don't get to see so often," he said.'
Mackay will get to see Goodes play at the weekend | Mackay Daily Mercury (http://www.dailymercury.com.au/news/weve-got-the-goodes/2615821/)

Scottee
24th April 2015, 09:06 PM
The Melican mystery deepens!

Scottee
24th April 2015, 10:40 PM
Did a bit of digging and would you believe there is a Swans injury list on the Port Adelaide website from 2 weeks ago showing that Lewis had a 1 to 2 week groin injury. The Swans lack of injury info is frustrating and annoying.

Scottee
25th April 2015, 02:52 PM
Doing to G C what GWS did to us!

lwjoyner
25th April 2015, 03:16 PM
any scores

Meg
25th April 2015, 03:26 PM
Swans 14.10 d Gold Coast 4.10.

Meg
25th April 2015, 03:39 PM
Very little additional info apart from final score as yet. But did find this on Twitter, posted near the end of the match.
Chris Lees ?@clees923
81-27 with Sydney doing it easy in the #neaflanzacmackay game. Adam Goodes has looked pretty good for the Swans @daily_mercury

Meg
25th April 2015, 03:48 PM
Oops, apparently score I posted above was before the end of the match.
FINAL SCORE: Swans 16.14 d Gold Coast 5.12.

Meg
25th April 2015, 04:12 PM
From NEAFL website:
SYDNEY SWANS
Goal Kickers: S. Naismith 5, J. Rose 2, T. Nankervis 2, B. Jack , W. Taylor , T. Mitchell , A. Goodes , M. Wilson , H. Marsh , J. Campbell
Best Players: , H. Marsh , T. Mitchell , S. McLaren , D. Robinson , A. Goodes , A. Davis

satchmopugdog
25th April 2015, 04:23 PM
Thanks Meg

MattW
25th April 2015, 04:32 PM
From NEAFL website:
SYDNEY SWANS
Goal Kickers: S. Naismith 5, J. Rose 2, T. Nankervis 2, B. Jack , W. Taylor , T. Mitchell , A. Goodes , M. Wilson , H. Marsh , J. Campbell
Best Players: , H. Marsh , T. Mitchell , S. McLaren , D. Robinson , A. Goodes , A. Davis

Cheers. I wonder where McLaren played. He's been playing as a forward - no goals this week, but among the best.

Ampersand
25th April 2015, 04:37 PM
Nice haul for Sammy!

Ludwig
25th April 2015, 04:52 PM
Harry Marsh seems to be having a good season. Maybe he's turned the corner after 2 disappointing years. I thought we picked up a very promising player when we drafted him, so pleased to see that he may well be coming good. It would be good to see Naismith get a run against the Dogs next week, as they don't have a strong ruck division; Minson was dropped this week. So a good chance to see what Sammy can do, without much threat of getting hammered in the ruck.

Hope there's a video of the game later in the week.

dimelb
25th April 2015, 06:16 PM
Thanks ugg and Meg.
Good to see Naismith's goals and Mitchell high in the best.

giant
25th April 2015, 06:29 PM
Harry Marsh seems to be having a good season. Maybe he's turned the corner after 2 disappointing years. I thought we picked up a very promising player when we drafted him, so pleased to see that he may well be coming good. It would be good to see Naismith get a run against the Dogs next week, as they don't have a strong ruck division; Minson was dropped this week. So a good chance to see what Sammy can do, without much threat of getting hammered in the ruck.

Hope there's a video of the game later in the week.

I liked what I saw of him (Marsh) last week, but I rarely get to see the ressies.

Buffalo
25th April 2015, 07:24 PM
:clap::clap: Great win!

Buffalo
25th April 2015, 07:34 PM
Cheers. I wonder where McLaren played. He's been playing as a forward - no goals this week, but among the best.
McLaren played back this round.

Scottee
26th April 2015, 12:39 AM
Its official, we were robbed by the goal umpires and the boundary umpires, that's without any help from the field umpires. See Fox Footy. Three goals called points. Very very sus.

mcs
26th April 2015, 11:52 AM
McLaren played back this round.

He certainly sounds like a versatile young player. I'm planning to try and get up in time to catch most of next week's ressies gaem, looking forward to watching him play.

Meg
27th April 2015, 02:40 AM
Bit of local reporting about this match:
"Sydney Swans legend Adam Goodes gave the Mackay crowd at Harrup Park a bit of a show in the Anzac Day NEAFL game. Although Goodes was not dominant he did enough for the crowd to be happy."
Goodes helps Swans to big win over Suns in Mackay | Mackay Daily Mercury (http://www.dailymercury.com.au/news/goodes-helps-swans-big-win-over-suns-mackay/2618954/)

goswannies
27th April 2015, 09:47 AM
Bit of local reporting about this match:
"Sydney Swans legend Adam Goodes gave the Mackay crowd at Harrup Park a bit of a show in the Anzac Day NEAFL game. Although Goodes was not dominant he did enough for the crowd to be happy."
Goodes helps Swans to big win over Suns in Mackay | Mackay Daily Mercury (http://www.dailymercury.com.au/news/goodes-helps-swans-big-win-over-suns-mackay/2618954/)

Haha that writer sounds like he was pulled from the old Argus newspaper!

Meg
27th April 2015, 12:29 PM
A bit more today from the Mackay local.
'Goodes said the seniors were playing well and it would be hard to break into a winning team.'

'"We've got a plan, I've always had a plan when I said to Horse (Swans coach John Longmire) about not playing as the sub, it's a plan we'll stick to it and it won't change next week," he said.'

ugg
27th April 2015, 03:42 PM
http://i.imgur.com/FCXx6N8.png

dimelb
27th April 2015, 03:48 PM
The top 5 all look encouraging for various reasons, but I'm surprised and disappointed to see Xav on the bottom of the list. I had the impression that he was coming on OK and would turn out to be a real keeper. I hope we see more of what he's capable of doing.

Conor_Dillon
27th April 2015, 04:06 PM
The top 5 all look encouraging for various reasons, but I'm surprised and disappointed to see Xav on the bottom of the list. I had the impression that he was coming on OK and would turn out to be a real keeper. I hope we see more of what he's capable of doing.

Would love to know what was seen in him to deserve the upgrade from rookie to senior list, was really hoping he'd push for selection this year on the back of that.

Great to see Mitchell continuing to put his nose down and bum up and rack up big numbers, it shows he has the right attitude!

Does Jones play in the midfield or backline in the NEAFL? Never really seems to rack up many possessions and I know they're not the be all and end all but for a kid with his talent I wouldn't mind seeing him get more of the footy.

satchmopugdog
27th April 2015, 04:14 PM
I'm presuming Xavier was in defence and judging by the score, the ball didn't go down there much. He may have had 50 spoils 10 smothers 35 Cyril Rioli type tap-ons and still have those statistics. Mathematics is not the only way to live a life.

P.s. Thanks for the stats though Ugg

ScottH
27th April 2015, 04:21 PM
I'm presuming Xavier was in defence and judging by the score, the ball didn't go down there much. He may have had 50 spoils 10 smothers 35 Cyril Rioli type tap-ons and still have those statistics. Mathematics is not the only way to live a life.

Precisely!!
Or he sat on the pine for a while.

Ampersand
27th April 2015, 05:07 PM
Wow. 40 disposals and 9 tackles is insane. So much for the criticism about Mitchell's defensive game. If he doesn't break in this year I'm afraid we'll be watching him destroying it elsewhere the same way Hawks supporters do Josh Kennedy.

Would love a chance to watch this game, does anyone know if it was filmed?

Auntie.Gerald
27th April 2015, 05:59 PM
Jones tends to play half back flank and midfield approx 50/50

Someone asked about BJ and i think he has gone up a gear as his tackle pressure and clearance from packs is much much better

he is great value and between he and Towers i think we will see them play more Snrs

ugg
27th April 2015, 06:27 PM
Interesting highlights - we get to see plenty of the behinds as well as goals.

SwansTV - NEAFL Rd 3 highlights - sydneyswans.com.au (http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/video/2015-04-27/swanstv-neafl-rd-3-highlights)

goswannies
27th April 2015, 07:25 PM
I would dearly love a statement from someone at the club about what it will take for Tom Mitchell to get a game. 40 touches & 9 tackles isn't enough?

aguy
27th April 2015, 07:53 PM
I would dearly love a statement from someone at the club about what it will take for Tom Mitchell to get a game. 40 touches & 9 tackles isn't enough?
Yep. That's pretty impressive. Horse must be pleased with that.

What a dilemma. We do need to get him into the seniors somehow.

ugg
27th April 2015, 08:27 PM

Would you believe 41 disposals and 10 tackles? Missed it by *that* much

I was talking to a fellow NEAFL watcher the other day. He told me he believes Mitchell is not in the team because he doesn't fit into the Swans mould of a two way midfielder. Not saying that he doesn't put in the hard work in close, as 9 tackles would seem to indicate he's capable in this area.

It's when the opposition gets the ball and spread that they know they can easily get bypass Mitchell because he is either unwilling or unable to keep up

Also thinks his kicking into the forward fifty is poor, should aim for a lower trajectory that will aid his forwards rather than the high floaters that mostly eventuates.

Nico
27th April 2015, 08:58 PM
Gee that Mitchell guy must be pissed. 40 disposals and still can't get a game. Surely he needs a Harry Cunningham doll to stick pins in.

Ludwig
27th April 2015, 09:06 PM

I was talking to a fellow NEAFL watcher the other day. He told me he believes Mitchell is not in the team because he doesn't fit into the Swans mould of a two way midfielder. Not saying that he doesn't put in the hard work in close, as 9 tackles would seem to indicate he's capable in this area.

It's when the opposition gets the ball and spread that they know they can easily get bypass Mitchell because he is either unwilling or unable to keep up

Also thinks his kicking into the forward fifty is poor, should aim for a lower trajectory that will aid his forwards rather than the high floaters that mostly eventuates.

I get the same impression. He does some very important things very well, like contested footy, tackling and hand balling, but there are a couple of missing ingredients that he needs to get right. In the previous week's game that was on YouTube, I found it hard to believe that he got 32 possies, because he didn't seem to have much influence on the game. Robinson, on the other hand, had fewer possessions, but when he got the ball he created a bit of space for himself and was able to move the ball on better.

If the conditions are wet, it might be a good time for his debut this week.

MattW
27th April 2015, 11:10 PM
Interesting highlights - we get to see plenty of the behinds as well as goals.

SwansTV - NEAFL Rd 3 highlights - sydneyswans.com.au (http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/video/2015-04-27/swanstv-neafl-rd-3-highlights)

And certainly not all goals shown. The highlights seem to focus on certain players - Goodes, Naismith and Mitchell in particular. Interesting that Naismith kicked a fair few of his goals (and behinds) running onto passes or a bouncing ball - I'd expected a series of marks on the lead.

Flying South
28th April 2015, 12:31 AM

I haven't seen the game so going purely on the stats. He also had 5 rebound 50's. The most of any swan. So he must of been in our defensive end a bit. Combined that with the 3 inside 50's, 1 goal and 4 behinds, says he was up the forward end a bit as well. Appears to be working hard both ways. Pretty impressive all round numbers if you ask me. Wonder if Horse thinks that's the work of a two way midfielder?

Special mention must go to Robinson's 31 disposals. 8 inside 50's as well. Buddy would like some of those.

Auntie.Gerald
28th April 2015, 10:26 AM
i think that simply there are other players that can play more adaptable roles then Tom right at this moment ie and this is largely around being able to run far and wide and match up on running sides like Hawks, Freeo and Port

BUT i do like Tom and he would have nice in and under against Freeo in the 1st qtr on the wknd

our transitions are in general much faster in 2014 and 2015 then any other season and this definitely works for a higher weighting of faster outside players

I think it is the right mix just now

We have played the Bombers who were in great form that game...........and beat the Hawks

We have played Port and convincingly beat them and they have beaten the Hawks

GWS are in serious form and if Cameron was kicking better it could have been a draw

Then we almost came back against a team that made us look like a ressies team in the first half and were within 3 pts over in their home court !

The mix of players is about right for the type of game plan we want to play

Auntie.Gerald
28th April 2015, 10:41 AM
Round 4
?Port Adelaide v Hawthorn
?Saturday 25 April?
Adelaide Oval, 7.10pm

B: Burgoyne Lake Duryea?
HB: Birchall Gibson Stratton
?C: Smith Mitchell Suckling?
HF: Langford Gunston Hill ?
F: Breust Roughead Rioli
?Foll: Ceglar Hodge Lewis??
I/C: Whitecross McEvoy Puopolo Hartung?
Emergencies: Schoenmakers, Simpkin, Anderson

I think there is valid arguments both ways for Mitchell but it comes down to match ups and if you look at the benchmark team the last two years it makes it bloody hard to include more then Bird, Kennedy, Macca, Parker, Lloyd in the slow dept in a game that is faster then ever

Bird < Puopolo
Kennedy = Hodge
Macca < Burgoyne
Lloyd > Mitchell
Parker = Lewis

the above 5 come out close to even but then throw in Hill, Rioli, Smith, Hartung, Langford etc etc and you soon realise where is the spot for Tom Mitchell in our team right now ?

magic.merkin
28th April 2015, 11:09 AM
Round 4
?Port Adelaide v Hawthorn
?Saturday 25 April?
Adelaide Oval, 7.10pm

B: Burgoyne Lake Duryea?
HB: Birchall Gibson Stratton
?C: Smith Mitchell Suckling?
HF: Langford Gunston Hill ?
F: Breust Roughead Rioli
?Foll: Ceglar Hodge Lewis??
I/C: Whitecross McEvoy Puopolo Hartung?
Emergencies: Schoenmakers, Simpkin, Anderson

I think there is valid arguments both ways for Mitchell but it comes down to match ups and if you look at the benchmark team the last two years it makes it bloody hard to include more then Bird, Kennedy, Macca, Parker, Lloyd in the slow dept in a game that is faster then ever

Bird < Puopolo
Kennedy = Hodge
Macca < Burgoyne
Lloyd > Mitchell
Parker = Lewis

the above 5 come out close to even but then throw in Hill, Rioli, Smith, Hartung, Langford etc etc and you soon realise where is the spot for Tom Mitchell in our team right now ?

He's gunna be good, but gotta say which one i'd pick for a GF today.

- - - Updated - - -

Well that can't be it, most of the best 22 have been serial offenders.

ugg
28th April 2015, 06:08 PM
NEAFL MVP voting

6: Tom Mitchell (Sydney)
6: Adam Goodes (Sydney)
6: Jordan Foote (Sydney)
5: Dan Robinson (Sydney)
4: Harry Marsh (Sydney)
2: Erol Sertbas (Sydney)
1: Andrew Raines (Gold Coast)

ugg
28th April 2015, 06:10 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3tEe4-8WeM

NEAFL TV highlights, ours is the first game.

ugg
28th April 2015, 06:12 PM
Stats including clearances which were not available before.

North East Australian Football League: Champion Data Statistics (http://neafl.com.au/index.php?id=130)

Goodes 8, Mitchell 6, Hewett 6, Robinson 4, Jack 2, Sertbas 2, Marsh 2, Fyffe 2, Naismith 2, Davis 1, Jones 1, Wilson 1

undy
28th April 2015, 06:43 PM

So now we know that he rolled his ankle (thanks HCF Injury Update man)

rojo
28th April 2015, 07:04 PM
This is probably a bit off topic but it seems that Tom Derickx has passed the 'invisible' Swan baton over to Lewis Melican. Last we heard of Melican he had a quad strain but in today's lengthy discussion re those with injuries, even getting to an AJ update, he didn't get a mention.

Conor_Dillon
28th April 2015, 09:33 PM
Saturday's NEAFL game has been moved back to after the seniors...so a 5.10pm start and still at the SCG

ugg
28th April 2015, 09:41 PM
Saturday's NEAFL game has been moved back to after the seniors...so a 5.10pm start and still at the SCG
Interesting move, could mean all three emergencies play in the NEAFL game. Maybe even sneak in the sub from the seniors game!

Mug Punter
28th April 2015, 09:59 PM
Interesting move, could mean all three emergencies play in the NEAFL game. Maybe even sneak in the sub from the seniors game!

Makes sense really, I'm looking forward to watching most if not all of the reserves game

mcs
28th April 2015, 10:17 PM

If I lived in Sydney, I'd definitely hang around to watch it - sadly a 3 hour drive back to Canberra will await.

giant
28th April 2015, 10:32 PM
Goodesy looked great, really moving well - bring him back Horse!

Ludwig
28th April 2015, 10:36 PM
Should be a great match

http://si.wsj.net/public/resources/images/OB-YG281_071913_J_20130719142437.jpg

Meg
28th April 2015, 11:08 PM
Yes picture could be right. it will be the third match played on the SCG for the day. There is a celebrity charity match (presumably of shortened duration given the players won't be fit) before the main match.

Conor_Dillon
29th April 2015, 08:29 AM

I assume this wouldn't normally be within the rules but is there any precedent off the top of your head for the AFL and/or NEAFL granting permission to allow it?

Ampersand
29th April 2015, 10:41 AM
I assume this wouldn't normally be within the rules but is there any precedent off the top of your head for the AFL and/or NEAFL granting permission to allow it?

It might be different in the NEAFL but I know for a fact that last year in R21 our old mate Tony Armstrong played a full game in the VFL and then was called up as an emergency later the same day to play in the senior side. Poor bloke ended up running a half marathon but played really well in both games.

May work differently going from playing for the seniors to the reserves.

ugg
29th April 2015, 03:59 PM
The North East Australian Football League (NEAFL) wishes to advise the Sydney Swans� NEAFL game against Sydney University on Saturday will now be a curtain-closer to the club�s AFL clash against the Western Bulldogs.The NEAFL game was originally scheduled for 10:30am at the SCG but has been pushed back to 5:10pm.

Patrons are advised they cannot enter the SCG without a valid ticket for the main AFL match between Sydney and the Western Bulldogs.

The SCG Members Reserve will be the only area open for guests to watch the NEAFL match (including the Ladies Pavilion and M.A. Noble Stand).

Anyone who remains in the stadium for the NEAFL game will have to make their way to the SCG Members Reserve after the final siren of the AFL match.

North East Australian Football League: MEDIA RELEASE: Swans match to curtain-close AFL (http://bit.ly/1zbY5Np)

ScottH
29th April 2015, 04:11 PM
I've updated the Reserves Stats today.
Follow the Stats link above

Conor_Dillon
29th April 2015, 04:43 PM
It might be different in the NEAFL but I know for a fact that last year in R21 our old mate Tony Armstrong played a full game in the VFL and then was called up as an emergency later the same day to play in the senior side. Poor bloke ended up running a half marathon but played really well in both games.

May work differently going from playing for the seniors to the reserves.

Yeh he definitely did but because this is in reverse (seniors THEN reserves) I'd say the rules might be different. Otherwise we could technically play whoever is sub in the 2s and give whoever gets subbed a quarter or 2 as well. Or even Buddy and Tippet etc.

Xie Shan
29th April 2015, 04:58 PM
It's tempting to stay, but it will be a long day for those that do... I doubt the food outlets will stay open so you may wish to bring something to eat if you are planning on sticking around!

DamY
29th April 2015, 06:27 PM
It's tempting to stay, but it will be a long day for those that do... I doubt the food outlets will stay open so you may wish to bring something to eat if you are planning on sticking around!

OK so only one section will be open for the NEAFL match

The SCG Members Reserve will be the only area open for guests to watch the NEAFL match (including the Ladies Pavilion and M.A. Noble Stand).

Anyone who remains in the stadium for the NEAFL game will have to make their way to the SCG Members Reserve after the final siren of the AFL match.

Scottee
29th April 2015, 10:20 PM
Melican sighting. Club video shows him kicking a ball at training on 28 April. I'm sure they do this to keep us guessing!