PDA

View Full Version : Who is nervous...

Cheer Cheer
5th March 2003, 09:04 PM
About the comebacks of Jason Ball and Steven Doyle in the next week or so.
I am for one. Bloody nervous. For obvious reasons.

robbieando
5th March 2003, 09:11 PM
If 1 or both go down long term were ****ed

j s
5th March 2003, 09:19 PM
A far easier qustion answer - who is NOT nervous??

desredandwhite
5th March 2003, 09:24 PM
well, I'm more curious than anything. I like PK's attitude when he came back from injury - if it breaks, it breaks. Get that out of the way and move on.

Cheer Cheer
5th March 2003, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by robbieando
If 1 or both go down long term were ****ed

We are not in the **** if one goes down, but if two go down well robbie I share your sentiments

This is the scariest phase the swans will go through this season.
So much rides on these two players, even though they are not our best two.
With them both fit and playing I can really see finals, if these two dont play a part this year, i can really see a wooden spoon, that is how bad it is, and that is why im as nervous as hell.

Crunch time for our season imo.

swansrock4eva
5th March 2003, 10:05 PM
We've been short in areas before (pardon that pun!) and made a real go of it when faced with the "worst possible outcome" situation, and I think we can do it again. If JB or SD come back worrying about their previous injuries and *if* it will happen again, or another one, chances are, they will do something because their whole minds won't be on the job and it will ultimately cost them. If they come back confident in their rehabilitation and preparation, which has got them to the point of being match-ready, they should be fine, barring nasty accidents. With any luck the medical and conditioning staff have worked out exactly what was causing JB's injury and have corrected the area in question, and hopefully Doyley has been prepared properly as well (and doesn't that make him sound like Sunday's roast chook or something? :p). So i'd say i'm not nervous as such, but like des, i'm curious. I'm almost tempted to say "Jason who?" it's been that long since we saw him playing!

Go for it boys!

Cheer Cheer
5th March 2003, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by swansrock4eva
We've been short in areas before (pardon that pun!) and made a real go of it when faced with the "worst possible outcome" situation, and I think we can do it again.

Maybe other areas, but not the ruck, I'm sorry dear, but without these two players, we wont do anything again this season, the only thing we will win is the wooden spoon.

motorace_182
5th March 2003, 10:14 PM
if it breaks, it breaks. Get that out of the way and move on.

If it is gna brak get it out of the way, a full strength player is better than a wary one who is sautious and ends up turning over the footy due to soft plays

NMWBloods
5th March 2003, 10:24 PM
Both our ruckmen are major worries. I wonder if Ball will ever get on the park again, and managed a single game, let alone a few.

Doyle has calf problems - that tends to be a chronic injury for older players. A major worry in someone so young. Another James...?

penga
5th March 2003, 10:43 PM
im nervous as all hell, i was nervous as all hell last year even, id check the injury list on the official website way too often to get an update on how Ball was doing, they are vital to any sort of survival for us this season imo...

this is where mott really didnt cut the mustard, ie he didnt have a big enough impact on our game for me to say the above about him

once again all my humble opinion