PDA

View Full Version : 05

i'm-uninformed2
17th June 2015, 04:24 PM
This is going to be a cool series . . .

SwansTV - Swans 05: Darren Jolly - sydneyswans.com.au (http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/video/2015-06-17/swanstv-swans-05-darren-jolly)

bloodspirit
17th June 2015, 05:17 PM
Yep. Awesome clip. Loved Jolls' emotion at the end - you could feel the club still means a lot to him. Also the humorous memory about the music from the beer ad. Will really add to the atmosphere at the game next week too, having all the '05 players (and Roosy!) there.

Conor_Dillon
17th June 2015, 05:29 PM
Not sure anyone believes in omens, but I've been to Tasmania twice in my life...once in 2005 and once a couple of weekends ago :five:

GoSouth33
18th June 2015, 05:30 PM
Not sure anyone believes in omens, but I've been to Tasmania twice in my life...once in 2005 and once a couple of weekends ago :five:

Woohoo.....I too have got a good feeling about this year....

ScottH
19th June 2015, 09:57 AM
Finally got around to watching that.

Really nice words from Jolly.
I don't recall that music being played as they ran out.
Maybe I was in the loo. Again. Nervous pre game wee.

Muffler
19th June 2015, 10:54 AM
Shut this thread down.

we started talking about omens last year, and look how that went.

Margo
19th June 2015, 11:05 AM
Yep. Awesome clip. Loved Jolls' emotion at the end - you could feel the club still means a lot to him. Also the humorous memory about the music from the beer ad. Will really add to the atmosphere at the game next week too, having all the '05 players (and Roosy!) there.

I haven't seen anything about this. Can you direct me to where I can find out more please ?

barry
19th June 2015, 11:53 AM
First premiership would always be a better memory. Especially at a club which had slowly built up to a flag over 10 years coming from the absolute depths, and a long long time from the previous flag. ie. A supreme underdog.

Compared to a club he joined which just needed topping up to win a flag, and a rich and powerful expectation of success.

poundpuppy
19th June 2015, 12:37 PM
Also the humorous memory about the music from the beer ad

It was O Fortuna from Carmina Burana, a poem about fate and luck set to music by the German composer Carl Orff mid 1930s.

It may have been appropriate we ran out to that particular music in 05 (which coincidentally I sang at the Opera House a fortnight ago with one of the Sydney Philharmonia choirs :glee:)

bloodspirit
19th June 2015, 02:17 PM
There is a link in the first post on this thread. It's on the Swans' website.

Swanstubbs
19th June 2015, 06:14 PM
The night Nick Davis saved us

The night Nick Davis saved us - sydneyswans.com.au (http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2015-06-19/the-night-nick-davis-saved-us)

Best Night of footy for me ever!

goswannies
19th June 2015, 06:39 PM
It was O Fortuna from Carmina Burana, a poem about fate and luck set to music by the German composer Carl Orff mid 1930s.

O Fortuna was rejuvenated in Trevor Jones' score to the 1980 film, Excalibur.

dejavoodoo44
19th June 2015, 09:34 PM

...while F.K. Orff's tragicomic opera, O Fevola, was revived for a ill-fated season at the Gabba in 2010.

Dosser
20th June 2015, 08:33 AM
...while F.K. Orff's tragicomic opera, O Fevola, was revived for a ill-fated season at the Gabba in 2010.

I remember that well. The hero was sent from the citadel for handing over the music score to a commoner who was then challenged by a member of her family. He was destined to wander the land as a knight for hire.

sharp9
21st June 2015, 11:55 AM
Pretty sure that the real rejuvenation was from an Old Spice ad circa 1878....really...the choir sang "Old Spice, Old Spice - Old Spice, Old Spice" etc... :surprise:

ScottH
21st June 2015, 12:24 PM
Pretty sure that the real rejuvenation was from an Old Spice ad circa 1878....really...the choir sang "Old Spice, Old Spice - Old Spice, Old Spice" etc... :surprise:

They had Ads with music in 1878??
And Old Spice???

Scottee
21st June 2015, 01:36 PM
And Old Spice???
They don't call it Old Spice for nothing.

dejavoodoo44
21st June 2015, 06:21 PM
Hmmm, if you actually had a bottle of Old Spice from 1878, I wonder what it would be like? Would it have mellowed into something quite drinkable? Yes...quite a fruity little number...strongly fragrant bouquet...hints of, ummm, spice...possibly lethal.

stevoswan
21st June 2015, 08:06 PM
A couple more 'reflections' of the '05 triumph on sydneyswans.com.au from Nick Davis"COME TO SAVE US!" and "LEO BARRY YOU STAR!!!". Good viewing.

sharp9
22nd June 2015, 07:01 PM
And Old Spice???Er 1978 :very_drunk:

- - - Updated - - -

And Old Spice???
Actually they did! In the newspapers they printed sheet music with the adverts so that you could sing and play the ditty on the piano. true (thanks to QI)
Old Spice is the most traditional of all "Dad" fragrances - well pre-dating Brut 33

i'm-uninformed2
22nd June 2015, 09:13 PM
Leo Barry you star!

SwansTV - Swans 05: Leo Barry - sydneyswans.com.au (http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/video/2015-06-21/swanstv-swans-05-leo-barry)

i'm-uninformed2
22nd June 2015, 09:21 PM
Oh Micky you're so fine you're so fine you blow my mind - hey Micky

SwansTV - Swans 05: Michael O'Loughlin - sydneyswans.com.au (http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/video/2015-06-22/swanstv-swans-05-michael-oloughlin)

dejavoodoo44
23rd June 2015, 12:22 PM
Er 1978 :very_drunk:

- - - Updated - - -

Actually they did! In the newspapers they printed sheet music with the adverts so that you could sing and play the ditty on the piano. true (thanks to QI)
Old Spice is the most traditional of all "Dad" fragrances - well pre-dating Brut 33

That does quite paint a bizarre picture of families sitting round the piano and doing the advertisers' work for them.
'Come on everybody, let's see if we can give ourselves the urge to buy!?'
'My I think it's working! I do feel like a swig of Dr Worthy's Magic Laudanum Potion! Though of course, it could be the fact that it's chock full of the goodness of opium.'