PDA

View Full Version : Kangaroos' pranksters

YvonneH
21st March 2016, 09:18 AM
Title suggests that this is not Swans related, but the question at the bottom of the post is.

North Melbourne's footy song should be Hawthorn's 'We're a happy team'.
They seem to have lots of fun off the field. An article in the paper outlines how Petrie, Furrito, and Durdin were fooled into thinking they were signing up Arnold Swartzenegger, Bruce McAveney, and John Farnham as North supporters.

I suppose all clubs have pranksters, but who are ours

ScottH
21st March 2016, 09:31 AM
Title suggests that this is not Swans related, but the question at the bottom of the post is.

North Melbourne's footy song should be Hawthorn's 'We're a happy team'.
They seem to have lots of fun off the field. An article in the paper outlines how Petrie, Furrito, and Durdin were fooled into thinking they were signing up Arnold Swartzenegger, Bruce McAveney, and John Farnham as North supporters.

I suppose all clubs have pranksters, but who are ours and why don't there

Used to be Jetta.
Not sure who has taken over from him now.

RogueSwan
21st March 2016, 10:59 AM

I suppose all clubs have pranksters, but who are ours

Used to be Jetta.
Not sure who has taken over from him now.

I seem to remember X's name being used when talking about pranksters.

Ludwig
21st March 2016, 03:34 PM
I don't know who the pranksters are at the Swans, but there may be a few at the Cronulla News. See this (http://cronullanews.sydney/swans-stars-meet-cronullas-future-stars/)

I was first taken in by the headline: Swans stars meet Cronulla�s future stars (http://cronullanews.sydney/swans-stars-meet-cronullas-future-stars/)

and was wondering who they might be talking about. So according to the article it turns out to be:

Sydney Swans stars Buddy Franklin and Tom Derrickx put very excited Cronulla Sharks' juniors through their paces on Friday.

You can imagine how shocked I was about the revelation that Buddy Franklin was a star and would even be lumped into the same sentence as Tom Derrickx, who seemingly has added another 'r' to his name, probably an indication of just how fast his star is rising. We might expect that it will be Tom Derrrrickxxx by year end if we win another premiership off his back.

Based on this you would have to think that Buddy Franklin is quite a prankster muscling in on Tom's celebrity and hanging off his coattails. I think Buddy has to do a lot more than this if he wants to avoid being delisted this year.

AnnieH
22nd March 2016, 11:20 PM
Derickxyz