PDA

View Full Version : AA

Auntie.Gerald
19th July 2016, 12:46 PM
The way he is playing right now and the potential upside this season let along years ahead is compelling

I can't see him getting dropped if minimum his form stays the same

troyjones2525
19th July 2016, 01:08 PM
I hope he continues with his progression and remains a senior player for the rest of his career! He has looked fantastic so far! Such clean hands, neat skills and playing with confidence! With natural improvement he could become an all australian defender for us in years ahead! Love what I'm seeing so far from Aliir!

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

AnnieH
19th July 2016, 01:15 PM
He's got the best hands.

Mug Punter
19th July 2016, 01:23 PM
The way he is playing right now and the potential upside this season let along years ahead is compelling

I can't see him getting dropped if minimum his form stays the same

He's my story of the year and that's saying something. His improvement is just amazing, I saw him a few times last year and I felt he was such a long way off but I'm happy to be proved wrong.

Great hands, good judgement and quite strong over head as well as being athletically elite, with his height and leap he actually plays quite along and suddenly Teddy's spot on the line now with Rampe also taking on KPFs this year. As he gains more confidence I think he'll start using his run and busting packs but I like the way he is just getting the basics and simple things right at this stage. I feel it will be a long time until he gets dropped.

Industrial Fan
19th July 2016, 01:28 PM
Miles ahead of where he was even in the Lions game. Looked like he was second guessing himself there and either running to the wrong spots, or staying static instead of making position. Had a couple of really solid games now and has alot to work with.

A keeper for sure.

bloodspirit
19th July 2016, 01:42 PM
I'm a fan too but, given his relative youth and inexperience, we have to expect there will be some ups and downs along the way. He may not maintain the standard he has set in the past couple of games.

AnnieH
19th July 2016, 03:13 PM
I'm a fan too but, given his relative youth and inexperience, we have to expect there will be some ups and downs along the way. He may not maintain the standard he has set in the past couple of games.

... we see his potential and promise.

crackedactor
19th July 2016, 03:49 PM
... we see his potential and promise.

His sure hands are a pleasure to watch. He always looks for a player when he kicks it. Has a bit to learn about tackling etc. but so far I have been impressed.

caj23
19th July 2016, 04:28 PM
I think he's well and truly exceeded all of our expectations.

I think its been noted before but I'd like to see him be a bit more adventurous with his kicking. He doesn't miss many targets, but it would be good if he had the confidence to have more penitration

AnnieH
19th July 2016, 04:42 PM
I think he's well and truly exceeded all of our expectations.

I think its been noted before but I'd like to see him be a bit more adventurous with his kicking. He doesn't miss many targets, but it would be good if he had the confidence to have more penitration

I said to my mates last week, watch this kid, he's going to be an elite player one day.
I said the same thing about Goodesy after the first time I saw him play.
Hope Chandelier stays fit and healthy.

19th July 2016, 05:17 PM
Very promising and has come along quickly but not sure he's a lock just yet. Seems to have all the tools to make a go of it, hopefully he can keep progressing.

Auntie.Gerald
19th July 2016, 05:22 PM
GWS and the Hawks play with a small mobile backline primarily this season

I wonder if AA doing well might prevent a player such as Laidler getting back in when we are full strength as we try to have a faster backline feature

Rampe is playing as a Gibson third tall now anyway so do we need to keep our backline nimble like GWS and the Hawks

The Hawks talls besides Frawley are fast ie Stratten tall but fast and the GWS backline is small and fast primarily

Nico
19th July 2016, 06:11 PM

Wasn't the case with AJ. Gee I hope he gets back.

stellation
19th July 2016, 07:58 PM
I am really impressed with him. I honestly can't remember seeing a young tall defender who was so calm and good below his knees- when there's pressure coming and the ball is on the ground I already have no doubt he'll pick it up cleanly and get off a handball to a teammate in space.

It seems like he's been told to take his time and use the safe option, which I love and should help build his confidence. I hope in the next few games someone says "hey, tuck it under your arm or try to go long every now and then- if you make a couple of mistakes it's okay".

Mug Punter
19th July 2016, 08:43 PM
The more I see Aliir and our back line the more I amazingly wonder of Ted will be there come finals. Reg, Ramps, AA, Smith, Mills and Laidler looks good for mine

Auntie.Gerald
19th July 2016, 09:36 PM
Macca?
Jones?

Mug Punter
19th July 2016, 10:54 PM
Macca?
Jones?

I guess I see macca floating through the midfield and like a 7th backman.

It would be a Jones V Laidler shoot out for the final spot for mine given Aliir's progress

stevoswan
19th July 2016, 10:55 PM
Nice to know we have cover for Jones, who may not return, and well, Macca, he'll slot in anywhere...:wink:

Hotpotato
20th July 2016, 08:43 AM
He's so cool in the chaos and avoids hospital passes and what a good mark .
He's also seems such a cheerful and Exhuberant soul .

penga
20th July 2016, 11:13 AM
I think its been noted before but I'd like to see him be a bit more adventurous with his kicking. He doesn't miss many targets, but it would be good if he had the confidence to have more penitration (sic)

I honestly can't remember seeing a young tall defender who was so calm

I actually disagree with you, caj, as I see his short passing a massive asset. He is looking into the corridor and punches a pass to a free player, which is a risky kick, but every single one of them has hit a target. The fact he has the composure to do this, rather than long down the line, is a massive plus.

caj23
20th July 2016, 01:40 PM
I actually disagree with you, caj, as I see his short passing a massive asset. He is looking into the corridor and punches a pass to a free player, which is a risky kick, but every single one of them has hit a target. The fact he has the composure to do this, rather than long down the line, is a massive plus.

Yep nothing wrong with what he is doing for sure, I'm not suggesting he just bang it down the line to a contested situation, rather hit a target with a 30 or 40 metre kick