PDA

View Full Version : Harry Cunningham

Captain
4th August 2016, 10:51 AM
Harry has been a player on the fringe for a while now. For mine, I'm loving him playing of the half back line and really think he has found his perfect position.

Harry is quick, aggressive, a good tackler and can attack and defend. He adds some much needed speed to our back line.

Will be interesting to see how they play him when Jones comes back, but for mine I want him to say there and keep dominating.

ugg
4th August 2016, 11:06 AM
I thought it was significant that they kept both Cunningham and Lloyd in the backline against Freo even though McVeigh returned to the side (who ended up playing both outside and inside midfield). It demonstrated that the coaches were happy with their work the previous week against Carlton. I doubt we'll see Jones again this season but Laidler should be pushing for a place, if not this week, then the following week and it will be a small conundrum how to juggle all those players and positions.

dimelb
4th August 2016, 01:21 PM
Harry has been a player on the fringe for a while now. For mine, I'm loving him playing of the half back line and really think he has found his perfect position.

Harry is quick, aggressive, a good tackler and can attack and defend. He adds some much needed speed to our back line.

Will be interesting to see how they play him when Jones comes back, but for mine I want him to say there and keep dominating.

Agree with all this.

Industrial Fan
4th August 2016, 05:30 PM
Thats great, I'm just not sure what Nico thinks about him

barry
4th August 2016, 05:48 PM
I thought it was significant that they kept both Cunningham and Lloyd in the backline against Freo even though McVeigh returned to the side (who ended up playing both outside and inside midfield). It demonstrated that the coaches were happy with their work the previous week against Carlton. I doubt we'll see Jones again this season but Laidler should be pushing for a place, if not this week, then the following week and it will be a small conundrum how to juggle all those players and positions.

I think the fact that Dawson targetted Lloyd shows how well Lloyd was doing.

ugg
4th August 2016, 06:19 PM
I think the fact that Dawson targetted Lloyd shows how well Lloyd was doing.
You're giving Dawson too much credit if you think he had enough time to process the split second between running at Lloyd and following through with the hit. He would have bumped any Swan in that position regardless of who he was.

Ludwig
4th August 2016, 08:26 PM
Harry seems to be a really nice person. He's always there helping out kids with illnesses and should be commended for this. He seems to be playing a big part in the Redkite program.

http://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/SydneySwans/Images/20160802_weekofgiving_hero.jpg

We should all be thankful that Harry decided to become a football player and not a priest.

dejavoodoo44
4th August 2016, 08:42 PM
You're giving Dawson too much credit if you think he had enough time to process the split second between running at Lloyd and following through with the hit. He would have bumped any Swan in that position regardless of who he was.

Yes and I tend to think that the position that was most motivating for Dawson, was Fremantle's position on the scoreboard.

Nico
5th August 2016, 01:49 PM
Sounds like a nice bloke.

Maltopia
5th August 2016, 02:28 PM
I recall watching this last year and thought he seemed like a nice bloke:

Ask a Swan - Harry Cunningham - sydneyswans.com.au (http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/video/2015-09-03/ask-a-swan-harry-cunningham)

Kirk31
6th August 2016, 08:09 AM
I am a massive Harry Cunningham fan. I think he has a great kick and can play almost anywhere - up forward, on the wing or down back. For me he is in our best 22.

caj23
8th August 2016, 12:53 PM
He's been good since he came back from his stint in the reserves. I'm not convinced yet that he's a starter in the 22 with a fully fit list but I've liked what he's offered in recent matches

Nico
8th August 2016, 01:33 PM
He's been good since he came back from his stint in the reserves. I'm not convinced yet that he's a starter in the 22 with a fully fit list but I've liked what he's offered in recent matches

He always offers and promises a lot when against the lesser teams where he is left alone. Until he puts it together against the top and tough teams then I stick with my current thoughts. But he probably had his best game on Saturday under absolutely no pressure.