PDA

View Full Version : Mike Fitzpatrick... piece of trash

bloodsbigot
10th September 2016, 07:06 PM
AFL chairman 'disappointed' when Buddy snubbed Giants move - AFL.com.au (http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-09-10/afl-chairman-disappointed-when-buddy-snubbed-giants-move)

'Disappointed' meaning you stripped us of Cola and gave us a trade ban?

GAGF.

Robtorq
10th September 2016, 07:25 PM
Not to mention that as chairman and shareholder of ANZ Stadium he benefited from the game being played there

bloodsbigot
10th September 2016, 07:29 PM
Not to mention that as chairman and shareholder of ANZ Stadium he benefited from the game being played there

This dude is corrupt as they come.

Can't believe the cheek of him defending himself by saying he was the only one on the board supporting the cost of living allowance. No mention of the trade ban in the article or his hissy fit to Colless.

Mel_C
10th September 2016, 07:31 PM
Yeah he was so disappointed he made an expletive filled phone call to Richard Colless. Very professional of him.

I bet he is out celebrating tonight.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Meg
10th September 2016, 07:32 PM
Those are disgraceful comments by Fitzpatrick.

bloodsbigot
10th September 2016, 07:59 PM

robamiee
10th September 2016, 08:10 PM
plus we earnt the right to host at SCG but we had to play at ANZ and the giants get to play at spotless for their prelim.....he just loves us....

bloodsbigot
10th September 2016, 08:29 PM
plus we earnt the right to host at SCG but we had to play at ANZ and the giants get to play at spotless for their prelim.....he just loves us....

He wants $$$

dejavoodoo44
10th September 2016, 08:32 PM
AFL chairman 'disappointed' when Buddy snubbed Giants move - AFL.com.au (http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-09-10/afl-chairman-disappointed-when-buddy-snubbed-giants-move)

'Disappointed' meaning you stripped us of Cola and gave us a trade ban?

GAGF.

Pretty sure that GWS, being in Sydney, were also getting the COLA, Mike.

bloodsbigot
10th September 2016, 08:33 PM

Everyone keeps overlooking it.

10th September 2016, 10:40 PM
and they've still got COLA because "they are a developing team"

The guy needs to be knee capped, a corrupt campaigner!

annew
10th September 2016, 10:43 PM
What a slime bag

annew
10th September 2016, 10:55 PM
I want to know if every contract was checked and signed off by the AFL and Gill the dill said swans did nothing wrong why on the day GWS play their first final he comes out with his damaging comments. He and the AFL will do everything in their power to stop swans from ever winning a GF with Buddy.

annew
10th September 2016, 11:03 PM
Plus what were swans meant to do not ever try and recruit any big name plus he is an idoot cos the COLA had to be applied to every contract big name or nit.

stevoswan
10th September 2016, 11:58 PM
Mike Fitzpatrick is a ****. That last word started with a capital C. Annew is right, we have been ordained never to win a GF with Buddy it seems. Petty revengeful corrupt payback. Will make it all the sweeter if/when we do.......

11th September 2016, 12:28 AM
Mike Fitzpatrick is a ****. That last word started with a capital C. Annew is right, we have been ordained never to win a GF with Buddy it seems. Petty revengeful corrupt payback. Will make it all the sweeter if/when we do.......

Stevo ... that's a bit harsh and disrespectful to Mike Sh**spatrick

Doctor
11th September 2016, 12:57 AM
Classy thread title guys. I read the article and I agree that he does come across as a bit churlish but "piece of trash"?

bloodsbigot
11th September 2016, 01:43 AM
Classy thread title guys. I read the article and I agree that he does come across as a bit churlish but "piece of trash"?

If you want to keep everything 'classy' at the swans forget about it. We were just pwned by thuggish, unclassy sides, full of @@@@-HEAD supporters three years in a row. If we need to be unclassy to win then so bloody well be it.

Sick of this bull@@@@.

KTigers
11th September 2016, 06:56 AM
Hey, maybe the tone of the threads on RWO don't need to go too "Big Footy". Clearly Fitzpatrick has a conflict of interest. But the AFL runs professional footy pretty much the same way a company town is run and so the likes of him are never really questioned by the sycophantic cheer squad that is the so called footy media. I love the game but the way professional footy is run is pretty lame really.

Faunac8
11th September 2016, 07:17 AM
Terrible thread title and just aother example of the Americanisation of our language.
When did we start calling rubbish trash in Australia? ????

Danzar
11th September 2016, 03:05 PM
In bloods defence, the term 'trash' is more apt than 'rubbish' if used to refer to a person.....and it's a much softer term than some of the other suggestions on this thread so far. Either way, I think people agree that his comments are wrong, poorly timed and reflective of a growing ant-Swans view within the AFL hierarchy. The COLA debate within these circles needs to end now. It's done. The AFL took their action, as wrong as it was. For the AFL to then continue fanning the debate is a add to the huge disservice already shown our club.

Steve
11th September 2016, 03:27 PM

Exactly. So he was hoping GWS would recruit Buddy as a 'big money signing' using their COLA, but when Sydney do it, it's proof that COLA was a rort and had to be scrapped.

Corrupt would have been better than trash in the thread title.

For a smart guy he has @@@@ for brains - unfortunately he's rarely called out on it by the media.

barry
11th September 2016, 03:43 PM
The COLA debate won't end any time soon . Gill had no balls .

bloodsbigot
11th September 2016, 05:53 PM
The COLA debate won't end any time soon . Gill had no balls .

And no brains.

- - - Updated - - -

Terrible thread title and just aother example of the Americanisation of our language.
When did we start calling rubbish trash in Australia? ??

I live in Japan and teach American English, so Americanisms sneak up on me. I'd say worse, but the censors wouldn't appreciate it.

kilroyII
12th September 2016, 04:09 PM
How is Mike Fitzpatricks financial investment in GWS not made more headlines? We have a chairman of a league who owns half a team and yet nothing is said? The same team which has been given not one but two teams worth of superstars in the form of concessions? Why do they still have the COLA?

Seriously GWS and his involvement with ANZ Stadium and YET he can do as he pleases without a whimper from the melbourne AFL media mafia.

Faunac8
12th September 2016, 04:14 PM
And no brains.

- - - Updated - - -

I live in Japan and teach American English, so Americanisms sneak up on me. I'd say worse, but the censors wouldn't appreciate it.

Aha that makes sense I would however agree with the alternative phrasing you allude to. .
Maybe there should be an adults only area on RWO for proper good old fashioned and creative use of the English language ?

AnnieH
12th September 2016, 04:40 PM
What a dick.
He contradicted himself four times.

kilroyII
12th September 2016, 05:00 PM
What a dick.

For a rhodes scholar the guy is one big bogan. His disgraceful expletive laden meltdown to colless is still fresh in my mind. That is what I would expect from a trashy bogan from miller/berwick and not from a chairman and executive of a billion $ organisation.

i often wonder, how many rorts was Fitzpatrick involved in during the early 80s as a Carlton captain. Surely would have known about the brown paper bags full of cash that they paid victims of sexual abuse.

Nico
12th September 2016, 05:13 PM
For a rhodes scholar the guy is one big bogan. His disgraceful expletive laden meltdown to colless is still fresh in my mind. That is what I would expect from a trashy bogan from miller/berwick and not from a chairman and executive of a billion $ organisation.

i often wonder, how many rorts was Fitzpatrick involved in during the early 80s as a Carlton captain. Surely would have known about the brown paper bags full of cash that they paid victims of sexual abuse.

More likely he got paid under the table in a brown paper bag. All their flags were won that way with all their interstate recruits.

kilroyII
12th September 2016, 05:32 PM
More likely he got paid under the table in a brown paper bag. All their flags were won that way with all their interstate recruits.

In the early days, sure. But then he was Captain and the rorts continued for sure BUT what about all those players and their sexual abuse? Surely as Captain Alpha he would have known.

Nico
12th September 2016, 05:41 PM
What really gets me is this bloke has been in the drivers seat at the AFL for years. It is such a boys club and to think he has a finger in the ANZ pie and I reckon Ethihad. Didn't he appoint his mate Collo to manage the venue? Talk about snouts in the trough, and he won't be the only one. The Evans family from Essendon owns Spotless catering who have the contract at the MCG forever. Imagine the non tendering process with that. There must be so many in the CLUB getting spin offs from the game.

kilroyII
12th September 2016, 05:51 PM
What really gets me is this bloke has been in the drivers seat at the AFL for years. It is such a boys club and to think he has a finger in the ANZ pie and I reckon Ethihad. Didn't he appoint his mate Collo to manage the venue? Talk about snouts in the trough, and he won't be the only one. The Evans family from Essendon owns Spotless catering who have the contract at the MCG forever. Imagine the non tendering process with that. There must be so many in the CLUB getting spin offs from the game.

What about that farcical situtation last week when Gil the Dill announced AFL X and then it was revealed that one of the men who works for the AFL think tank stole it from another person who came and pitched the idea for a shorter game and he, the team leader of AFL innovations, was rewarded with 10k from Gil as a prize for thinking outside the box.

And McGuire has a media company that produces all content for the AFL and fox. There are so many ex players who have made so much money from dubious decisions after they were given roles by their mates.

I watched an 80s hawk video on youtube recently made by the hawks when they did their world tour..and who was a feature amongst some current day heavy weights? A young dopey sounding Andy D!

Here have a watch if you can stomach terrible 80s bogans behaving badly OS and basically an arrogant 80s hawthorn team. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XKdDyJS9UQ)

So yeah they have set themselves up nicely.

goswannies
12th September 2016, 05:53 PM
What a dick.
Mike Fitzpatdick?

AnnieH
12th September 2016, 05:56 PM

... well, the money isn't going to the players.

kilroyII
12th September 2016, 06:04 PM
Mike Fitzpatdick?

I now call him s_hi_t_z_patrick

Had to avoid the swear filter, sorry mods.

edit: still filtered but you get the jist.

WauchopeAnalyst
14th September 2016, 03:12 PM
I believe that i am not supposed to copy from other boards but it contains an article that shows that Sydney has the 2nd lowest contested ball/free kick ratio for the last 17 years.????

Do teams that win contested ball win more free kicks? � The Arc (https://thearcfooty.com/2016/09/14/do-teams-that-win-contested-ball-win-more-free-kicks/)

So funny to read other boards and how the AFL has assisted us for our premierships and finals series.

Mike has been on the AFL Commission since 2003. GTFO..

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Bill Posters
14th September 2016, 05:00 PM
Wow that link is really interesting. And proves what we all believed - statistically speaking we actually do get shafted ????

mcs
14th September 2016, 07:06 PM
Wow that link is really interesting. And proves what we all believed - statistically speaking we actually do get shafted ??

Nowhere near as much as the poor old lions, with their negative free kick effect playing at home :rofl:

- - - Updated - - -

Wow that link is really interesting. And proves what we all believed - statistically speaking we actually do get shafted ????

Nowhere near as much as the poor old lions, with their negative free kick effect playing at home :rofl:

stevoswan
14th September 2016, 07:44 PM
I believe that i am not supposed to copy from other boards but it contains an article that shows that Sydney has the 2nd lowest contested ball/free kick ratio for the last 17 years.??????

Do teams that win contested ball win more free kicks? � The Arc (https://thearcfooty.com/2016/09/14/do-teams-that-win-contested-ball-win-more-free-kicks/)

So funny to read other boards and how the AFL has assisted us for our premierships and finals series.

Mike has been on the AFL Commission since 2003. GTFO..

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

There was even more in today's HS in Victoria re: Mummy's 'apology', slating the Swans for being thin skinned :confused:(I believe no one at our club complained, the media reported it after Mumford admitted to the Giants hierarchy what he said!), and yes, some claiming that we're still the AFL's 'love child':rofl::hmmmm2:.......it's sickening how deluded most Melbourne based fans are!:rolleyes:

kilroyII
14th September 2016, 08:12 PM
Do the world a favour and when you see a Herald Dumb paper in a cafe or maccas, throw it in the bin.

That @@@@ is toxic and poisoning minds.

stevoswan
14th September 2016, 08:27 PM
Do the world a favour and when you see a Herald Dumb paper in a cafe or maccas, throw it in the bin.

That @@@@ is toxic and poisoning minds.

Absolutely......any paper that has Bolt as their star opinion writer is very questionable.

bodgie
14th September 2016, 11:06 PM
Unfortunately the AFL is a private entity. It can do, and does, as it pleases and can choose what public noise, stakeholders and media it wants to take seriously. At times we've done OK from it. Outside Sydney the public have a very different perspective of the Swans, often wrong, based on bits and pieces of media reports they choose to notice.

The supporters of a handful of Melbourne clubs must be enormously frustrated at the irrelevance. Who'd want to be a QLD AFL fan at the moment?

You only have to look recent (temporary) upheavals in olympics, soccer, cycling etc to see how sporting bodies operate. At the moment things are pretty distorted with the Melbourne power base unable to let go of its old boys club and become truly national. Its still VFL Plus. Sometimes its like watching a blockbuster movie. You have to suspend disbelief.

stevoswan
14th September 2016, 11:11 PM
Unfortunately the AFL is a private entity. It can do, and does, as it pleases and can choose what public noise, stakeholders and media it wants to take seriously. At times we've done OK from it. Outside Sydney the public have a very different perspective of the Swans, often wrong, based on bits and pieces of media reports they choose to notice.

The supporters of a handful of Melbourne clubs must be enormously frustrated at the irrelevance. Who'd want to be a QLD AFL fan at the moment?

You only have to look recent (temporary) upheavals in olympics, soccer, cycling etc to see how sporting bodies operate. At the moment things are pretty distorted with the Melbourne power base unable to let go of its old boys club and become truly national. Its still VFL Plus. Sometimes its like watching a blockbuster movie. You have to suspend disbelief.

That's pretty well spot on.

dejavoodoo44
15th September 2016, 12:05 AM
There was even more in today's HS in Victoria re: Mummy's 'apology', slating the Swans for being thin skinned :confused:(I believe no one at our club complained, the media reported it after Mumford admitted to the Giants hierarchy what he said!), and yes, some claiming that we're still the AFL's 'love child':rofl::hmmmm2:.......it's sickening how deluded most Melbourne based fans are!:rolleyes:

And it was also a convenient distraction from the offensive, "at no stage did Tippett's head hit the ground".

dejavoodoo44
15th September 2016, 12:18 AM

As much as the current administration is starting to piss me off, the AFL commission is not a private entity. It is elected by the AFL clubs.
That being said, I can easily imagine Mike Fitzpatrick becoming Australia's own version of Sepp Blatter.

AnnieH
15th September 2016, 09:38 AM

Allegedly, Lance started it by saying something like ha ha sucked in, you got sacked so they could buy me.
Mummy, of course, retaliated, and had to stand in the corner and say sorry.

Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Buddy 1
Mumford 0

Sandrevan
15th September 2016, 06:34 PM
Is Fitzpatrick really that vindictive regarding the Buddy deal? In any case, the COLA money went to the lower paid players as a way of offsetting the COL in Sydney. Buddy would get none of the COLA money.

So, what is his agenda?
If he wants to get GWS established in Sydney by throwing concessions at them he has already achieved that. Do you remember the rumblings from the Melbourne media when GWS flogged Hawthorn by 80 points this season.
Can you imagine the howl from Maguire, etc. if GWS win the flag this year?
And GWS still has lots of good young players and draft picks. What happens if they win next year too?

Eventually, the concessions will disappear and GWS will have to survive like the Swans have to. Remember the concessions given to the Brisbane Lions to get them established. After 3 premierships these concessions disappeared and that was the end of the Brisbane Lions. Now, they're a basket case. Now, look at the Swans. From the start of the Paul Roos era we have missed the finals once. We have played in 4 grand finals and won 2. Along with Geelong and Hawthorn, most commentators/analysts consider the Swans to be a powerhouse club of the AFL.
Give it time, good people.

Mug Punter
15th September 2016, 06:58 PM
Is Fitzpatrick really that vindictive regarding the Buddy deal? In any case, the COLA money went to the lower paid players as a way of offsetting the COL in Sydney. Buddy would get none of the COLA money.

So, what is his agenda?
If he wants to get GWS established in Sydney by throwing concessions at them he has already achieved that. Do you remember the rumblings from the Melbourne media when GWS flogged Hawthorn by 80 points this season.
Can you imagine the howl from Maguire, etc. if GWS win the flag this year?
And GWS still has lots of good young players and draft picks. What happens if they win next year too?

Eventually, the concessions will disappear and GWS will have to survive like the Swans have to. Remember the concessions given to the Brisbane Lions to get them established. After 3 premierships these concessions disappeared and that was the end of the Brisbane Lions. Now, they're a basket case. Now, look at the Swans. From the start of the Paul Roos era we have missed the finals once. We have played in 4 grand finals and won 2. Along with Geelong and Hawthorn, most commentators/analysts consider the Swans to be a powerhouse club of the AFL.
Give it time, good people.

GWS have the list to enter a 8-10 year premiership window and I'll be surprised if they don't win 4-5 flags in that period.

But for mine it will be truly surreal if they do with their bunch of plastic fans and arrogant administrators. I know they had to give them every chance of success but they are just about to tear up well over 100 years of record books with a 100% manufactured success. Then again what else could it be for an expansion team. Even Brisbane had some serious runs on the board before their success and the "merger" with Fitzroy was a once in a lifetime bonus but still one that does not even come close to GWS.

The AFL have invested so much money in this team they just can't walk away and destroy it as soon as it has some success (sound familiar?). But it is totally unworkable having the administering body also owning one of the competing clubs. Not so much when they are crap but totally unacceptable when they win the comp repeatedly (as GWS will) with an annual loss of $10m+ with no possibility of a profit.

GWS will become the AFLs worst nightmare. The only solution I can see is for the AFL to sell GWS as soon as possible to an owner with deep pockets who is prepared to fund 10-15 years of losses and play the long game. Then again the AFL needs to be careful for what it wishes for because an IMG or a Chinese investor won't give a fig about the cosy little Victorian cartel and its illegal work practices and it certainly wouldn't put up with being treated the way the Swans have the last few years. So, really the AFL can only sell to an owners more powerful and with deeper pockets than itself which doesn't seem that appealing to me if I'm Gill the Dill.

Strap yourselves in for a crazy few years

barry
15th September 2016, 07:52 PM
Lol. Win 1 final at home and the world ends. They need to win 4 flags in the era just to match hawthorn. 3 to match geelong or brisbane.
Many rivers to cross to ever get there.

stevoswan
15th September 2016, 08:16 PM
Lol. Win 1 final at home and the world ends. They need to win 4 flags in the era just to match hawthorn. 3 to match geelong or brisbane.
Many rivers to cross to ever get there.

....but easier with a very flashy boat!:tongue:

barry
15th September 2016, 08:35 PM
If you seriously thing GWS are unbeatable we might as well tank the next few years for draft picks. In 3 years time we can hire paul roos to resurect us.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Danzar
15th September 2016, 08:43 PM
Is Fitzpatrick really that vindictive regarding the Buddy deal?

So, what is his agenda?

If he wants to get GWS established in Sydney by throwing concessions at them he has already achieved that.

If I am Mike Fitzpatrick wearing my AFL hat, and IF my chief objective is to grow AFL in Sydney, my agenda right would be to drive a wedge between the Swans and the Giants fan base.

Think about it - Sheedy started it all with plenty of anti-establishment and anti-club jibes, but that doesn't create a rivalry. It sparked some club-to-club banter etc, but really, us supporters on both sides have really had no cause to complain thus far. In 11 games over four years we've beaten them eight times, they've beaten us three. Par for the course really. Now look at us we're pissed off at the Giants big time, and we're blaming media bias, AFL bias (at the highest levels), umpire bias and MRP bias. A bit more of this, plus a few more beltings/epics between the Giants on the paddock and you've got a pretty good foundation for a long-term rivalry. Particularly if we spend the better part of a decade in the Giants shadow and have to throw everything we have at proving that we're the legitimate number one.

Or this could be BS and he's just a short sighted @@@@@ :)

Mug Punter
15th September 2016, 09:44 PM
If I am Mike Fitzpatrick wearing my AFL hat, and IF my chief objective is to grow AFL in Sydney, my agenda right would be to drive a wedge between the Swans and the Giants fan base.

Think about it - Sheedy started it all with plenty of anti-establishment and anti-club jibes, but that doesn't create a rivalry. It sparked some club-to-club banter etc, but really, us supporters on both sides have really had no cause to complain thus far. In 11 games over four years we've beaten them eight times, they've beaten us three. Par for the course really. Now look at us we're pissed off at the Giants big time, and we're blaming media bias, AFL bias (at the highest levels), umpire bias and MRP bias. A bit more of this, plus a few more beltings/epics between the Giants on the paddock and you've got a pretty good foundation for a long-term rivalry. Particularly if we spend the better part of a decade in the Giants shadow and have to throw everything we have at proving that we're the legitimate number one.

Or this could be BS and he's just a short sighted @@@@@ :)

I suspect that the vitriol coming out of Victoria will massively drown out any angst between us.

Yes, I know we're jumping at shadows a bit and they've only won one final but this list will be the most talented and deepest in the game's history. And it has the potential to make a mockery of the competition for a decade and turn the thing into a contrived result.

The side on the weekend effectively had EIGHTEEN first rounders (think it was pick 21 or lower). They'll go to the draft this year and take another 4-5 first rounders and then via their very astute trading strategy they'll do it all again next year.

And that team that belted us, and I mean they played us off the park, could well conservatively have 10-15% improvement in then next year. Of course they'll come back to the field eventually but IF the doomsday scenario unfolds, IF they become as good as I suspect they will then I think we will be seeing the greatest team and greatest period of dominance in the game's history. If you think we're pissed off how do you think the Doggies fans are going to feel when their best chance of a flag since '54 gets belted all the way back to EJ Whitten Oval by the side Demetriou created.

And I know we all think the Suns are the stuff ups here but don't rule them out either, they are just about to potentially add 6 first rounders to what is already possibly the best spine in the competition (7 if they trade Swallow as well)

And part of me is going to enjoy seeing the AFLs collective chooks coming home to roost.

Mug Punter
15th September 2016, 09:56 PM
If you seriously thing GWS are unbeatable we might as well tank the next few years for draft picks. In 3 years time we can hire paul roos to resurect us.

I don't think we are in that boat but in all seriousness, if GWS DO become as good as I fear then a club like, say, Richmond should just give up the idea of a flag within 7 years and trade EVERY player over the age of 24 on their list that has any trade value. Bottom out, get the Pick 1 and 19, get your first rounders for Jack Reiwldt, Brett Deledio, Dustin Martin, Trent Cochin and Alex Rance and plunder a draft with six first rounders and then start to see the improvement in 2019. In many ways it is a lost opportunity that I think the Bombers have let slip by re-signing so many players that they could have gotten a first rounder for but they have had that experience of blooding so many rookies etc

It won't happen of course but if getting a flag was the absolute only thing then why bother the next five years if you're a club that far behind GWS?

barry
15th September 2016, 10:07 PM
No one really thinks richmond can win a flag in 20 years let alone 7.

Mug Punter
15th September 2016, 10:13 PM
No one really thinks richmond can win a flag in 20 years let alone 7.

Good point:)

Velour&Ruffles
17th September 2016, 12:17 AM
Point of order. Isn't he a "lump of faecel matter" rather than a "piece of trash"? I've grown so used to the former proposition that I no longer know how to respond to the latter.