PDA

View Full Version : Round 16 Changes

Mug Punter
1st July 2017, 08:58 PM
Injuries will tell here, I'm thinking Jones will escape sanction. Mills will be touch and go

OUT: Smith (inj) Mills (inj)
IN: Marsh Sinclair

Believe we may go with an extra tall against the Suns hence Sinclair coming in.

If Jones is out then Dawson for mine if fit and Robinson if not.

Luckilly none of these should result in an absence of over a week you'd think.

You get the feeling the player would play again tomorrow if they had the chance, let's hope they can just bottle this form and confidence. Watching GWS tonight there is nothing there that suggests we couldn't beat either of those teams if we played then next week

AB Swannie
1st July 2017, 09:33 PM
I can't see Mills playing. If both Jones and Smith are out too then our small backs depths may just be tested. In this case I think Rohan would get pushed back and his forward spot being taken by Hayward. Marsh would take Nick Smith's role. Allir may then get the third spot and also to help out in the ruck.

Club 80
1st July 2017, 11:21 PM
I can't see Mills playing. If both Jones and Smith are out too then our small backs depths may just be tested. In this case I think Rohan would get pushed back and his forward spot being taken by Hayward. Marsh would take Nick Smith's role. Allir may then get the third spot and also to help out in the ruck.

Same changes I would go for as well.

The unknown information is the extent of Hayward's foot injury. Is he available in the short term.

Allir needs to come back in. He is too good a footballer to leave out. If Allir plays back then Rampe takes the 4th tallest forward and gets freed up to provide more offensive drive. Allir looks like he is also spending time forward in the reserves to develop his swing man potential.

With Rohan, Reid and Allir developing swing man capability, there are plenty of Swans who can drop the keys in the jar at the swingers parties.

Mug Punter
1st July 2017, 11:25 PM

The unknown information is the extent of Hayward's foot injury. Is he available in the short term.

Allir needs to come back in. He is too good a footballer to leave out. If Allir plays back then Rampe takes the 4th tallest forward and gets freed up to provide more offensive drive. Allir looks like he is also spending time forward in the reserves to develop his swing man potential.

With Rohan, Reid and Allir developing swing man capability, there are plenty of Swans who can drop the keys in the jar at the swingers parties.

Forgot about Hayward, I think he has to come back in if fit but an extra week if he's not 100% then the extra week off won't hurt him

Re Aliir, I know he a RWO favourite (and I am a fan too) but the defence worked so well as a unit last night I really don't know how you bring him back in from a balance perspective. I think he may just have to bide his time and take his chance when it comes along. Certainly I would not drop Melican, he just seems to have great composure, doesn't make many mistakes (Allir is a bit error prone for all his excitement value) and has quite a strong contested mark.

S.S. Bleeder
1st July 2017, 11:33 PM
Allir looks like he is also spending time forward in the reserves to develop his swing man potential. With Rohan, Reid and Allir developing swing man capability, there are plenty of Swans who can drop the keys in the jar at the swingers parties.

Something tells me that we are preparing for a team without Reid next year. I wonder if we are considering adding AJ to the swingman list?

Club 80
1st July 2017, 11:36 PM
Something tells me that we are preparing for a team without Reid next year. I wonder if we are considering adding AJ to the swingman list?

I wondered about that as well. They are developing AA forward capability in the reserves and according to MCS Alex Johnson played wing / forward.

Thunder Shaker
2nd July 2017, 12:10 AM
To win, we need to break a curious streak. Our last eight games have all been won by the team lower on the ladder at the start of the round.

Markwebbos
2nd July 2017, 01:18 AM
If Smith doesn't play I'd really like to see Marsh in his role. Think he might be the ideal replacement.

AA playing forward might not be as sinister as you make out. It might be as much a reflection on the fact that Melican has taken AA's spot and he'll need to find another way into the team, rather like X last year. If Reid or Buddy got injured, who'd be next in line?

I really hope Jones plays, actually think he'll be fine with the MRP but worry about his eye socket.

Think Florent should come out and be replaced by Hayward (I think he's been rested and will be over his foot thing).

If Mills doesn't play it would be great to see Dawson rewarded for his NEAFL dominance, provided he is fit.

And I think the one ruck policy was a success. Don't want to see Sinkers back this week.

HUGE injury update / MRP this week.

Blood Fever
2nd July 2017, 09:00 AM
If Smith doesn't play I'd really like to see Marsh in his role. Think he might be the ideal replacement.

AA playing forward might not be as sinister as you make out. It might be as much a reflection on the fact that Melican has taken AA's spot and he'll need to find another way into the team, rather like X last year. If Reid or Buddy got injured, who'd be next in line?

I really hope Jones plays, actually think he'll be fine with the MRP but worry about his eye socket.

Think Florent should come out and be replaced by Hayward (I think he's been rested and will be over his foot thing).

If Mills doesn't play it would be great to see Dawson rewarded for his NEAFL dominance, provided he is fit.

And I think the one ruck policy was a success. Don't want to see Sinkers back this week.

HUGE injury update / MRP this week.

Watched replay. Thought Florent struggled a bit but came on strong later in game. Got burnt a couple of times by poor disposal from team mates when he had run into space earlier in the game. Smart player who will be a gun. If Jones is out for whatever reason, I would leave him in.

Club 80
2nd July 2017, 09:12 AM
Forgot about Hayward, I think he has to come back in if fit but an extra week if he's not 100% then the extra week off won't hurt him

Re Aliir, I know he a RWO favourite (and I am a fan too) but the defence worked so well as a unit last night I really don't know how you bring him back in from a balance perspective. I think he may just have to bide his time and take his chance when it comes along. Certainly I would not drop Melican, he just seems to have great composure, doesn't make many mistakes (Allir is a bit error prone for all his excitement value) and has quite a strong contested mark.

Melican is going nowhere. Great mark early in the game. Really composed, great speed, good kick and good hands. As a fan you feel comfortable with the ball in his hands.

I think Aliir can play in the same backline as Melican and Rampe can both play on smaller players.

For the GWS game I want Rampe playing on Green. Take Toby out and the others are less effective. I would have Aliir on Lobb, Grundy on Patton and Melican on Cameron while Rampe works over Green.

SeanM
2nd July 2017, 09:44 AM
I don't mind the idea of bring Aliir back for this game.

Maybe try him as a half back flanker and then at times a loose tall in defence. I am not as confident with him as a lock down defender on Lynch or Wright.

YvonneH
2nd July 2017, 10:15 AM
I wondered about that as well. They are developing AA forward capability in the reserves and according to MCS Alex Johnson played wing / forward.

Seems a couple of RWO'ers had the same thought re: AA as a swingman to replace Sam Reid.

RogueSwan
2nd July 2017, 10:23 AM
Jones' head looked pretty beat up. Give him the week off, we shouldn't need him this week. Mills will be fine listening to Swans interviews over the last day.
Tippo for Jones? I think Kurt is in our best 22 but will need a month of games to get back into form.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

longmile
2nd July 2017, 11:14 AM
Wait what happened with Smith?

aguy
2nd July 2017, 11:37 AM
Tippon is out with his ankle injury and I suspect the club won't rush him back.

Changes next week all depend on the injuries and so I will need to wait until the report on Tuesday to think about changes.

2nd July 2017, 12:28 PM
Wait what happened with Smith?Was hobbling late in the game and very limpy going to the team bus Saturday morning.

Changes will depend on injuries and MRP.

Tippett won't come back for a while, I think Horse would have been happy with the one ruck selection so Tippett would need to be a FF predominantly. Suspect Robinson may be the first in given his strong NEAFL form but really want us to play Dawson who has had a stand out month at NEAFL level, missed Saturday with a corkie.

stevoswan
2nd July 2017, 01:59 PM

Maybe.....but I ask: "Why would he want to leave?" To join his brother at a losing team with no premiership window any time soon? I think he's staying......

YvonneH
2nd July 2017, 02:49 PM
Maybe.....but I ask: "Why would he want to leave?" To join his brother at a losing team with no premiership window any time soon? I think he's staying......

More money.

stevoswan
2nd July 2017, 03:35 PM
More money.

If that's an issue.....maybe. I know what I'd prefer after being on what he's been on so far. Money shouldn't be an issue, unless he's spent all he's earned at the Swans already......

top40
3rd July 2017, 01:25 PM
To win, we need to break a curious streak. Our last eight games have all been won by the team lower on the ladder at the start of the round.

Another curious streak: past 5 games (including the Hawthorn loss) the Swans have kicked either 11 or 12 goals.

barry
3rd July 2017, 02:06 PM
Unless Jones has a broken bone, he'll be fine to play. Black eyes always look far worse than they are.

I would think Mills will be fine to play as well.

Only change I can see, is that Sinclair may get a recall after a strong performance in the 2's. Will be interesting what Longmire thinks of the 2nd ruck position now.

Ludwig
3rd July 2017, 03:27 PM
One of the key elements is to get the right team balance going into these last 2 months of the Home and Away season. We have nearly a full list to choose from, so it we lose a player like Jones or Mills for a week, we have several reasonable replacements to choose from. If we need some added speed in the team, we should consider elevating Shaun Edwards as our mid season rookie elevation, but we can hold off to see if it's necessary.

We had the right balance for the Melbourne game, the biggest change being the dropping of our second ruckman, which gave us the same team balance as the Demons, with 1 ruckman and 2 KPPs both forward and back. There is not magic number for KPPs, but the 5 played by both sides on Friday are the typical low for a game. Richmond have been playing 5 most of the year due to lack of player availability, using 3 key defending, if we count Grimes, and only Riewoldt as a tall forward, and it seems to have worked quite well, given their current ladder position.

Gold Coast are likely to go into the game with the same 6 KPPs as last game, with 2 very tall forwards in Lynch and Wright along 2 with 3 KPDs, although May can sneak forward. I think we need to match this by bringing in another KPP to keep their defence honest and reducing the potential for mismatches against their tall forwards. I don't think Rampe is suitable to play on either Lynch or Wright, and Witts is capable of taking a mark and kicking a goal.

We should also keep in mind that we play the top 3 teams away from home in the coming weeks, and all of them tend to play tall. The Giants v Cats game was remarkable in that the Giants played 9 KPPs and Geelong played 10. I can't remember a game with so many tall players. Many of them, for both sides, are quite mobile, like Blicavs and Mackie for the Cats, and Haynes and Cameron for the Giants. Adelaide also like to play tall, usually playing 8 KPPs if we count both Lynch and McGovern in that classification. All 4 opponents mentioned play predominantly 1 ruckman, but all have tall backups to give the main ruckman a spell.

It is less important to have extra tall forwards than it is to have tall defenders. When play goes on for a while without a goal being kicked, allowing for a reset, mismatches can occur quite easily. Having an extra tall in defence lessens the chance of this occurring.

I believe this is the week for Aliir to make his way back into the side, which would give us the KPP balance to match GC and prepare us for playing with 3 tall defenders against our most challenging opponents in the coming weeks.

Mel_C
3rd July 2017, 04:15 PM
After seeing the Jones incident I think he is in trouble. I hope I am wrong.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

barry
3rd July 2017, 04:21 PM

Gold Coast are likely to go into the game with the same 6 KPPs as last game, with 2 very tall forwards in Lynch and Wright along 2 with 3 KPDs, although May can sneak forward. I think we need to match this by bringing in another KPP to keep their defence honest and reducing the potential for mismatches against their tall forwards. I don't think Rampe is suitable to play on either Lynch or Wright, and Witts is capable of taking a mark and kicking a goal.

I believe this is the week for Aliir to make his way back into the side, which would give us the KPP balance to match GC and prepare us for playing with 3 tall defenders against our most challenging opponents in the coming weeks.

I was sure you were going to say its time for Talia!

- - - Updated - - -

That right.
Out: Jones (susp)
In: Sinclair.

Would be my guess. I think Rampe can cover Lynch.

liz
3rd July 2017, 04:28 PM

It's a toss of the coin. The MRP will consider:

a) was he contesting the ball? (I think he genuinely was.)
b) did he have any other way to contest the ball? That's where they could go either way.

I'm 50/50 on whether he should get suspended (ie whether that kind of contact has to be accepted when a player is contesting the ball or whether he needs to be more careful). Fortunately, the contact was glancing and didn't seem to do more than temporarily shake up Hannan a bit, but it's not hard to see how the outcome could have been more severe. I thought Viney was pretty lucky to escape sanction for contesting a ball against the Eagles in a pretty reckless way, and you could certainly put that Jones action in the same category.

mattybloods
3rd July 2017, 04:36 PM

I think he'll be fine. He's clearly going for the ball and doesn't deviate from his path

kangle4
3rd July 2017, 05:53 PM
Jones has been cleared to play :)

stevoswan
3rd July 2017, 06:22 PM
Jones has been cleared to play :)

Yey to that! Here's what the AFL's MRP article said: "Sydney's Zak Jones was cleared of any wrongdoing after a collision with Melbourne's Mitch Hannan, with the MRP deeming Jones was contesting the ball and bracing for contact. " Well judged! :five:

Hotpotato
3rd July 2017, 06:25 PM
Has Jonesy's cheek been cleared to play ?

Markwebbos
3rd July 2017, 07:09 PM
Has Jonesy's cheek been cleared to play ?

Never thought he was in MRP trouble but there was a rumour of a facial fracture. How long til the injury update?

AB Swannie
3rd July 2017, 07:15 PM
With the MRP clearing Jones, the next interesting event will be the injury update tomorrow.

If there are no injuries, I can't find a spot for Allir. Our back six last week were listed as Grundy, Melican, Smith, Jones, Rampe, and Lloyd. Mills and McVeigh are also predominantly in defence with Newman chipping in too. On form, I can't see Allir replacing any one of these defenders.

If there are injuries, I think the most likely to be out are Mills and Smith. If Jones had major cheekbone damage, we'd already know I reckon. Allir would come in for Mills and Marsh for Smith.

Ludwig
3rd July 2017, 07:40 PM
With the MRP clearing Jones, the next interesting event will be the injury update tomorrow.

If there are no injuries, I can't find a spot for Allir. Our back six last week were listed as Grundy, Melican, Smith, Jones, Rampe, and Lloyd. Mills and McVeigh are also predominantly in defence with Newman chipping in too. On form, I can't see Allir replacing any one of these defenders.

If there are injuries, I think the most likely to be out are Mills and Smith. If Jones had major cheekbone damage, we'd already know I reckon. Allir would come in for Mills and Marsh for Smith.Aliir should come in for structural reasons alone. He would replace either Florent or Towers. The final spot in the side you can pick from Florent, Towers, Hayward, Dawson and Robinson. We have a lot of decent players to compete for those final spots in the side when our injury list is short.

I wouldn't mind seeing Robbo come in and try a tagging role, perhaps with help from Hewett, on Ablett. Robbo was given some tagging roles in the past in the NEAFL and was very effective. Dawson also deserves a shot given his solid season.

Injuries permitting, by the time August rolls around, Aliir will be in the side and Towers will not.

AB Swannie
3rd July 2017, 08:38 PM
Aliir should come in for structural reasons alone.

I understand your argument but I'm yet to be convinced that I agree with it. Firstly, I would consider Rampe as a KPP regardless of his listed height. Secondly, if we are too short, we'd be getting smashed in contested marks. However, the contrary is true - we haven't been beaten in contested marks since we lost this stat to Carlton in round 6.

Ludwig
3rd July 2017, 09:37 PM
I understand your argument but I'm yet to be convinced that I agree with it. Firstly, I would consider Rampe as a KPP regardless of his listed height. Secondly, if we are too short, we'd be getting smashed in contested marks. However, the contrary is true - we haven't been beaten in contested marks since we lost this stat to Carlton in round 6.Most teams are only playing 2 true key forwards and Rampe can usually take the third in any case. We were a little lucky that Hooker was out for the Essendon game, because McKernan is not is the same class as Hooker, but he did kid 2 goals nonetheless. We did get caught in mismatches on several occasions in the Melbourne game. I remember one with Lloyd playing on Tom McDonald, who easily took a mark on him. There is also the common situation of Reid playing the final few minutes of a quarter as a loose defender, which wouldn't be necessary if Aliir were in the team.

In the GC game, I would play Aliir on the wing and forward, dropping into defence as required, in a similar role to Jack Watts, or Nick Riewoldt of late. Aliir has been playing more forward recently in the NEAFL, with some stints in the ruck, I believe in anticipation of this role when elevated to the senior team. Some have suggested that this might be due to the expectation of losing Reid to free agency, but if this were true, it could always wait to the pre-season next year.

I believe the team functions better when Rampe is allowed more freedom rather than being tied down in a difficult coverage situation. He can generate so much rebound out of defence and is dangerous when allowed to get into the midfield. Bringing Aliir into the side has a lot of small, but important benefits. This is what I mean by making a structural change.

3rd July 2017, 11:35 PM
McKernan kicked one after taking a dive that the umpire fell for!

AB Swannie
4th July 2017, 09:31 AM
I think Rampe's great value to us is that he has the ability to shut down the opposition's most athletic forward while also damaging them in the rebound. This is what got him AA selection last year. He is our Rance. If Buddy was still with the Hawks, Rampe would be the defender we would put on him.

I must admit that I haven't seen enough of Aliir forward or on a wing to make comment on how he'd go there in our best 22. Has he got the tank to play this role? If he does then I'm all for it. However, as a defender, I don't think he's done enough right or probably more that the others have done enough wrong for him to be brought into the side.

mattybloods
4th July 2017, 09:41 AM
I must admit that I haven't seen enough of Aliir forward or on a wing to make comment on how he'd go there in our best 22

Me too, but based on his style of play (playing on is his default, always try to hit up a target rather than bombing long) I like the idea of Aliir as a wing/high forward. Will be interesting to see whether he can find a spot in the senior side and where that position will be

Doctor
4th July 2017, 10:50 AM
Aliir should come in for structural reasons alone. He would replace either Florent or Towers. The final spot in the side you can pick from Florent, Towers, Hayward, Dawson and Robinson. We have a lot of decent players to compete for those final spots in the side when our injury list is short.

I wouldn't mind seeing Robbo come in and try a tagging role, perhaps with help from Hewett, on Ablett. Robbo was given some tagging roles in the past in the NEAFL and was very effective. Dawson also deserves a shot given his solid season.

Injuries permitting, by the time August rolls around, Aliir will be in the side and Towers will not.

We're 6 from our last 7 with Towers in the team and Aliir not. Is it possible that Aliir's not currently in our best 22? You've been pushing his barrow with ardent fervour all season but structurally we seem to be going ok at the moment. I hope that he'll be in our best 22 in future seasons, but he clearly isn't right now.

4th July 2017, 12:26 PM
We're 6 from our last 7 with Towers in the team and Aliir not. Is it possible that Aliir's not currently in our best 22? You've been pushing his barrow with ardent fervour all season but structurally we seem to be going ok at the moment. I hope that he'll be in our best 22 in future seasons, but he clearly isn't right now.

The other way to look at it is we've fallen over the line a couple of times from the last 7, could we have won more easily with Aliir?

Markwebbos
4th July 2017, 12:31 PM
There's been a lot of talk about AA playing a role other than as a defender. Largely because Melican has gone past him in the pecking order.

Is there any evidence that AA would make a good ruckman / wing / swing man etc?

Doctor
4th July 2017, 12:36 PM
The other way to look at it is we've fallen over the line a couple of times from the last 7, could we have won more easily with Aliir?

On recent form and with the injury disrupted season he's had? No.

mcs
4th July 2017, 03:18 PM
Me too, but based on his style of play (playing on is his default, always try to hit up a target rather than bombing long) I like the idea of Aliir as a wing/high forward. Will be interesting to see whether he can find a spot in the senior side and where that position will be

AA played as a key forward on the weekend in the NEAFL, and while he did well, I wouldn't say it was outstanding against a very much undermanned and weakened Canberra team. Wasted a few shots at goal, dropped some marks he should have held, but worked hard and did ok overall. He didn't ruck at all, even with Sinclair as the lone ruckman (Pinky too the relieving role).

AB Swannie
4th July 2017, 06:43 PM
Just watched the injury update and there wasn't much in it apart from Hayward being given another week off.

Mills was mentioned but nothing given away. I think they will be conservative and give him a rest. After all, he still really is a kid too.

No mention of Jones or Smith.

Therefore, my early guess is:

Out: Mills
In: Marsh

However, I can also see Aliir being given an opportunity and the game will then serve as internal competition between Aliir, Towers, and Florent for the GWS game.

Blood Fever
4th July 2017, 07:18 PM
Just watched the injury update and there wasn't much in it apart from Hayward being given another week off.

Mills was mentioned but nothing given away. I think they will be conservative and give him a rest. After all, he still really is a kid too.

No mention of Jones or Smith.

Therefore, my early guess is:

Out: Mills
In: Marsh

However, I can also see Aliir being given an opportunity and the game will then serve as internal competition between Aliir, Towers, and Florent for the GWS game.

Harley never gives much away. Not entirely convinced that Smith will be right. Had a horrible limp up after the game. Hope I'm wrong.

4th July 2017, 09:15 PM
Out: Mills, In Marsh or Robinson

Good to see them err on the side of caution with Tippett and Hayward not having them considered for seniors or NEAFL, probably will with Mills as well.

Ludwig
4th July 2017, 09:33 PM
Towers played well enough on Friday to hold his spot. It was probably his best game in several weeks, but he will have to keep it up as the pressure builds from players like Robinson, Edwards, Dawson and Hayward and Cunningham return from injury. It was reported that Nick Smith had a bleed in his calf, but should be okay to play.

It was hard to get a read on the Mills situation, but at the time of the incident, Mills was certainly dazed, but didn't seem to lose consciousness and was able to run off the ground and down to the change room for the concussion test. The small amount of info on his present condition seems to indicate that he's tracking well, but it's hard for us to make a judgment on what will be a medical call.

In: Aliir
Out: Florent

If Mills is ruled out, there are many that could take his place, but the odds would be on Robinson in a close call.

Markwebbos
5th July 2017, 12:30 AM
Harley tends not to mention injuries affecting first 22 and then Horse reveals them at selection (e.g. Hayward's foot last week), presumably not to give too much away to the opposition. So there could still be players who might not play: Smith and Jones in particular.

I could actually see no changes this week (barring injury). Give O-Flo more time to get up to speed.

Do GCS play 2 rucks?

Ludwig
5th July 2017, 12:49 AM
Do GCS play 2 rucks?Now that Sinclair has been dropped, that's it for the 2 ruckmen.

Actually, Freo played 2 ruckmen when they brought Sandilands back last week, but they must have anticipated that he wasn't quite right and sure enough he did his hammy again in the 1st qtr and is out for the rest of the season. Their other ruckman is 18 yo Sean Darcy, a big boy who has done well in the 2 games he's played.

Brisbane have also been playing 2 ruckmen since Archie Smith has come into the squad, but he's the only legitimate backup for Stefan Martin and they're not in finals contention, so are in a position to experiment.

GC play ex Collingwood ruckman Jarrod Witts as their main ruckman, does around 85% or the ruck work, and he's having a fine year. Peter Wright, who is over 2 mtrs tall is their 2nd key forward after Lynch and takes the role when Witts is resting. They prefer having Wright play forward to take some of the heat off Lynch. Witts is a capable mark, but not much of a goal kicking threat.

It would be good to put a tag on Jarrod Harbrow, who has been their driving force out of defence.

Hotpotato
5th July 2017, 07:23 AM
So Swans need to pay a healthy dose of respect to notch another 4 points Sat Arvo ?

YvonneH
5th July 2017, 09:30 AM
So Swans need to pay a healthy dose of respect to notch another 4 points Sat Arvo ?

Sure do, not only for this coming week but for the remainder of the season.

Markwebbos
5th July 2017, 10:06 AM
Now that Sinclair has been dropped, that's it for the 2 ruckmen.

Actually, Freo played 2 ruckmen when they brought Sandilands back last week, but they must have anticipated that he wasn't quite right and sure enough he did his hammy again in the 1st qtr and is out for the rest of the season. Their other ruckman is 18 yo Sean Darcy, a big boy who has done well in the 2 games he's played.

Brisbane have also been playing 2 ruckmen since Archie Smith has come into the squad, but he's the only legitimate backup for Stefan Martin and they're not in finals contention, so are in a position to experiment.

GC play ex Collingwood ruckman Jarrod Witts as their main ruckman, does around 85% or the ruck work, and he's having a fine year. Peter Wright, who is over 2 mtrs tall is their 2nd key forward after Lynch and takes the role when Witts is resting. They prefer having Wright play forward to take some of the heat off Lynch. Witts is a capable mark, but not much of a goal kicking threat.

It would be good to put a tag on Jarrod Harbrow, who has been their driving force out of defence.

I'd be happy to continue the one ruck "experiment". Small sample size at the moment.

mattybloods
5th July 2017, 10:22 AM
I'd be happy to continue the one ruck "experiment". Small sample size at the moment.

Me too, but I think we might go taller against the Suns. Who usually goes to Lynch? I think it might be a job for Melican or Rampe as he's a very mobile tall forward with Grundy going to Wright. I'm really looking forward to Naismith v Witts. Witts has had a great year since coming over from the Pies, at 209cm he'll be a great challenge for Naismith coming off a fantastic game against Gawn.

If we bring in a tall it'll be either Sinclair or Aliir. Based on previous selections it might be Sinclair but would like to see Aliir work his way back in

- - - Updated - - -

As an aside I wonder if Tom Nicholls will be looking for a new home after being surpassed by Witts. I always liked the way Nicholls goes about it, not the biggest ruckmen but covers the ground well. Don't really need a ruckman now but I think he'd do really well in another club

mcs
5th July 2017, 10:25 AM

I wouldn't be unhappy to stay with one ruck for now - but the good bit is Sinclair is in some very decent form at the moment, and well and truly ready to go should he be needed back in Seniors. He really did play well for the NEAFL team on the weekend - worked very hard in the ruck and around the ground, and his hands were pretty good for once. A hard working player that, while not A grade quality, will always give his all.

Ludwig
5th July 2017, 10:56 AM
I'd be happy to continue the one ruck "experiment". Small sample size at the moment.It would be very brave and bold to return to the 2 ruck experiment after it has been abandoned almost universally at AFL level. But even bloodletting with leeches is making a bit of a comeback, so who knows?

I doubt if it would have made a difference to the outcome of the Melbourne game, but suppose we chose to play Sinclair instead of McVeigh. When Mills went down, it was easy to slot Macca into his position, something which couldn't be done if Sinclair were playing.

Club 80
5th July 2017, 10:57 AM
I would play Allir.

I would have Grundy on Lynch and Melican on two meter Peter.

I would then use Allir and Rampe as the 3rd man up to give some airial support.

Reid will be down there in the last 5 minutes of each quarter.

I would then get Allir to run with two meter Peter in the ruck.

Naismith to be the sole specialist ruck.

I would leave Mills out regardless of his condition. It's good for a 2nd year player to have a break.

barry
5th July 2017, 11:04 AM
If the rumours are true that we are selling Tippet, then you are right Ludwig, and the swans have abandoned the 2 ruck policy.

With the extra load on the one ruckman (up to 80% game time), we could enter a period of ruckman management where Nainsmith plays 3-4 games in a row, then has a rest and then Sinclair covers him for a game.

Club 80
5th July 2017, 11:25 AM
Me too, but I think we might go taller against the Suns. Who usually goes to Lynch? I think it might be a job for Melican or Rampe as he's a very mobile tall forward with Grundy going to Wright. I'm really looking forward to Naismith v Witts. Witts has had a great year since coming over from the Pies, at 209cm he'll be a great challenge for Naismith coming off a fantastic game against Gawn.

If we bring in a tall it'll be either Sinclair or Aliir. Based on previous selections it might be Sinclair but would like to see Aliir work his way back in

- - - Updated - - -

As an aside I wonder if Tom Nicholls will be looking for a new home after being surpassed by Witts. I always liked the way Nicholls goes about it, not the biggest ruckmen but covers the ground well. Don't really need a ruckman now but I think he'd do really well in another club

It's a shame that the timing has never worked out for Witts to come to the Swans. He is from the North Shore and attended Knox Grammer School. As you can see with Rampe who attended Newington, players from private schools are less likely to fail the "no dickhead policy" and present well to sponsors and stakeholders.

swansrob
5th July 2017, 11:29 AM
As you can see with Rampe who attended Newington, players from private schools are less likely to fail the "no dickhead policy" and present well to sponsors and stakeholders.

Like smashing darts and getting into awkward relationships (to put it kindly) with reality TV stars? I love Rampe, but I don't think we need to hold private schoolboys up on any more of a pedestal

royboy42
5th July 2017, 11:32 AM
It's a shame that the timing has never worked out for Witts to come to the Swans. He is from the North Shore and attended Knox Grammer School. As you can see with Rampe who attended Newington, players from private schools are less likely to fail the "no dickhead policy" and present well to sponsors and stakeholders.

Good God! The old North Shore line bull***.

barry
5th July 2017, 11:42 AM
Good God! The old North Shore line bull***.

Yes, im my limited experience, private school graduates usually fail the no dickhead policy more than others.

They have a lot of trouble adjusting to the real world after the molly-coddling they get in high school. I bet if you had a stat on university drop outs, private school kids would be pretty high. Ive seen many implode with the normal responsibilities of life and self motivation.

Blood Fever
5th July 2017, 11:59 AM
Like smashing darts and getting into awkward relationships (to put it kindly) with reality TV stars? I love Rampe, but I don't think we need to hold private schoolboys up on any more of a pedestal

Why do people take the bait dangled by Club 80.

Blood Fever
5th July 2017, 12:07 PM
I wouldn't be unhappy to stay with one ruck for now - but the good bit is Sinclair is in some very decent form at the moment, and well and truly ready to go should he be needed back in Seniors. He really did play well for the NEAFL team on the weekend - worked very hard in the ruck and around the ground, and his hands were pretty good for once. A hard working player that, while not A grade quality, will always give his all.

Sign of good character that Sinclair went back and dominated in NEAFL. Has flaws but as you say mcs, gives everything. Happy for him to be back up to Naismith. Rohan, Reid and Buddy up forward gives us flexibility. Lost patience with Tippo - patter of injury too ingrained.

KTigers
5th July 2017, 12:23 PM
Dane actually played soccer at Newington and was not surprisingly a pretty decent player. It is a great school, but
completely unsupportive of AFL. Though when he got his AA spot, they jumped on the Rampe bandwagon and made
an announcement about it in the school magazine. Probably don't need to get into the private school vs public school
thing here though. Just pick up the SMH any day for that old chestnut.

mcs
5th July 2017, 01:13 PM

That sandpit you spoke of earlier might not be lonely for long if you are going to post such dribble.... :rofl

- - - Updated - - -

Sign of good character that Sinclair went back and dominated in NEAFL. Has flaws but as you say mcs, gives everything. Happy for him to be back up to Naismith. Rohan, Reid and Buddy up forward gives us flexibility. Lost patience with Tippo - patter of injury too ingrained.

He really was very good Blood Fever on Saturday - granted the opposition he was playing against, but he gave a huge effort all things considered - and kept going hard all day long, even when the result was well and truly not in doubt and many other swans players performance levels dropped off.

Rob2120
5th July 2017, 01:59 PM
If the rumours are true that we are selling Tippet, then you are right Ludwig, and the swans have abandoned the 2 ruck policy.

With the extra load on the one ruckman (up to 80% game time), we could enter a period of ruckman management where Nainsmith plays 3-4 games in a row, then has a rest and then Sinclair covers him for a game.

I think we will go with 2 rucks again for this weekend but revert back again to 1 ruckman against GWS, Adelaide and the Cats. The idea being that one ruckman is optimal but output will suffer from the weekly output required. I.e player management. Naismith and Sinclair is not an ideal compo, but the only alternative is to swap them each week until Tippett is healthy and in form (?)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ludwig
5th July 2017, 03:10 PM
Sam Jacobs has always played as a primary ruckman. He's missed only 3 games since round 5 2011. His output hasn't suffered at all. If a ruckman is fit and not injury prone, there's not a problem playing at a high standard every week.

Some ruckmen have been known to play on for quite a long time, although their output can suffer without a proper diet.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/a7/af/0f/a7af0fa2d3d8f037d599f2e234abc553--home-history-human-being.jpg

dejavoodoo44
5th July 2017, 03:40 PM
Sam Jacobs has always played as a primary ruckman. He's missed only 3 games since round 5 2011. His output hasn't suffered at all. If a ruckman is fit and not injury prone, there's not a problem playing at a high standard every week.

Some ruckmen have been known to play on for quite a long time, although their output can suffer without a proper diet.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/a7/af/0f/a7af0fa2d3d8f037d599f2e234abc553--home-history-human-being.jpg
Is this the mythical "sandpit", that some people have been talking about?

Bloods05
5th July 2017, 09:41 PM
Why do people take the bait dangled by Club 80.

Didn't take him long, did it? Trying to wage class warfare now. Maybe a life ban would do the trick.

Mug Punter
5th July 2017, 11:02 PM

This is complete drivel and completely OT as usual, you just never learn do you Matt80?

troyjones2525
5th July 2017, 11:25 PM
This is complete drivel and completely OT as usual, you just never learn do you Matt80?
Is it really that infuriating of a comment for people to start calling for life bans etc. again or is it just because Club80 (Matt80) wrote it and people are just waiting for anything, even slightly out of the ordinary from him to call for his head again?

Some people on here really need to get over themselves as it is a forum for swans fans to put up comments and opinions on Swans related and football related issues. If you don't like what Club80 posts then you know what? Simply scroll/swipe down onto the next post!

Rant over...

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Club 80
5th July 2017, 11:25 PM
I would like to find a way to get Jordan Dawson in the team.

He has been brilliant in the reserves and deserves another senior opportunity.

troyjones2525
5th July 2017, 11:26 PM

+1

S.S. Bleeder
6th July 2017, 12:13 AM

Agreed. I just hope he doesn't do a Membrey on us.

S.S. Bleeder
6th July 2017, 12:16 AM
Is it really that infuriating of a comment for people to start calling for life bans etc. again or is it just because Club80 (Matt80) wrote it and people are just waiting for anything, even slightly out of the ordinary from him to call for his head again?

Some people on here really need to get over themselves as it is a forum for swans fans to put up comments and opinions on Swans related and football related issues. If you don't like what Club80 posts then you know what? Simply scroll/swipe down onto the next post!

Rant over...

+1. Why is there such a prejudice against him?

liz
6th July 2017, 12:23 AM
Agreed. I just hope he doesn't do a Membrey on us.

He's just re-signed for a couple of years so unlikely, in the short term. Presumably, before doing so, he received some encouragement that his reserves form will rewarded in the not too distant future.

6th July 2017, 12:41 AM
Yes, im my limited experience, private school graduates usually fail the no dickhead policy more than others.

They have a lot of trouble adjusting to the real world after the molly-coddling they get in high school. I bet if you had a stat on university drop outs, private school kids would be pretty high. Ive seen many implode with the normal responsibilities of life and self motivation.
That has stuff all to do with football & if you show me that stat from anywhere I'll happily agree with you, but as is stands, it's utter rubbish!

snajik
6th July 2017, 09:57 AM

I'm assuming that none will be sidelined in this venture through being proud owners of a Toyota Yaris?

barry
6th July 2017, 11:57 AM
That has stuff all to do with football & if you show me that stat from anywhere I'll happily agree with you, but as is stands, it's utter rubbish!

09183305, hit a nerve ? Club 80 has trolled us both. Lets stick to footy.

6th July 2017, 01:14 PM
09183305, hit a nerve ? Club 80 has trolled us both. Lets stick to footy.

Sticking to footy was very much my point.

Where people went to school is relatively inconsequential.

As for hitting a nerve, I am happy to share that I attended both public & private schools. Enjoyed both. See merits in both (academically, socially & developmentally). And get annoyed by people who denegrate either as, to stereotype a little, those who belittle the public system come across as snobs, while those who disparage private schools sound envious.

Regardless, it (mostly) has little to do with football. I did personally find playing footy at a private school a bit more enjoyable than public. But that certainly wouldn't be everyone's view, & would depend on the schools.

As for Club 80, don't mind what he says. Even if he is another incarnation of Matt80. But if he is Matt80, he should come out & admit it (after his post extolling Bugg being better than those other 2 guys for Bugg's forthrightness after slugging Mill's). If he can admire Bugg for his behaviour, follow his lead.

Back to footy talk

barry
6th July 2017, 02:29 PM
As for hitting a nerve, I am happy to share that I attended both public & private schools. Enjoyed both. See merits in both (academically, socially & developmentally). And get annoyed by people who denegrate either as, to stereotype a little, those who belittle the public system come across as snobs, while those who disparage private schools sound envious.

Let me assure you its not envy.

6th July 2017, 02:56 PM
Let me assure you its not envy.
That's a relief :)

barry
6th July 2017, 02:59 PM
That's a relief :)

More pity, and the economic illiteracy of it.

6th July 2017, 03:03 PM
More pity, and the economic illiteracy of it.
:rolleyes:

Dosser
6th July 2017, 04:05 PM
I'm guessing we have 2 more days of this. The moon is full on the 9th

mattybloods
6th July 2017, 04:09 PM
Anyway...

It all sounds positive from the club regarding Mills, assuming he is okay I would go in unchanged. Unless we want to bring in an extra tall for match ups I'm happy with the same 22

6th July 2017, 04:11 PM
Anyway...

It all sounds positive from the club regarding Mills, assuming he is okay I would go in unchanged. Unless we want to bring in an extra tall for match ups I'm happy with the same 22
Is Smith an out?

mattybloods
6th July 2017, 04:23 PM
He was limping pretty badly after last weeks game but no mention since so I assume he's pulled up okay

AB Swannie
6th July 2017, 04:40 PM
Not a good sign for Aliir lovers if my alternate training strip theory proves true.

Markwebbos
6th July 2017, 05:49 PM
Not a good sign for Aliir lovers if my alternate training strip theory proves true.

It proved correct for the Sinkers selection surprise last week.

AB Swannie
6th July 2017, 05:49 PM
I couldn't spot Nick Smith in any photos or video of training today. Mills and Jones featured heavily in the training photos and I'm now confident both will play.

AB Swannie
6th July 2017, 05:53 PM
It proved correct for the Sinkers selection surprise last week.

I really think there is something to it. Maybe not foolproof but if you look through the videos and photos posted, all players in the red strip are in the senior team and everyone I can identify in the alternate strip are regular reserve graders.

ugg
6th July 2017, 06:05 PM
Except Towers was in the alternative strip last week at training.

Mountain Man
6th July 2017, 06:10 PM
Towers in the alternate strip because he is becoming an "in and under tagger" maybe!

AB Swannie
6th July 2017, 06:16 PM

Very true Ugg. That was the main reason I mentioned "Not foolproof". I just think I'd prefer to be in the red strip rather than the alternate one. All in all, these photos are released only a few hours before the announcement so it just gives me something to waste my time doing in the afternoon each Thursday. Perhaps I should get a life.

Mel_C
6th July 2017, 06:49 PM
I noticed this too but maybe he was initially out of the team and was named due to Hayward's injury.

If only we didn't have to wait till 6:25.

ugg
6th July 2017, 07:23 PM
No change for us

Big out for them!

In Bowes McKenzie Macpherson
Out Ablett Hanley Leslie

ugg
6th July 2017, 07:30 PM
Emg Laidler Foote Robinson
Emg Willis Hallahan Leslie

Beerman
6th July 2017, 07:35 PM
No change for us

To quote my son "No change. He's been good this year". I dunno - haven't seen much of him!

Markwebbos
6th July 2017, 07:38 PM
The one ruck experiment continues. Ludwig will be pleased.

Mountain Man
6th July 2017, 07:58 PM
A strong 18 named with McVeigh and K Jack on the bench - and possible retirements at the end of the year.

Pretty handy other 2 bench players in Jones and Florent

Nico
6th July 2017, 08:01 PM
Emg Laidler Foote Robinson
Emg Willis Hallahan Leslie

Laidler for Smith perhaps?

6th July 2017, 08:02 PM
The one ruck experiment continues. Ludwig will be pleased.Think two rucks may be yesterdays idea. Horse is embracing the now and future!

liz
6th July 2017, 08:03 PM
Laidler for Smith perhaps?

I reckon it will be Smith for Smith.

If there were any doubt over Smith taking his place I'd have thought Marsh would be named as an emergency. He seems the best equipped reserves player to play on smaller, zippy forwards.

All those "outs" for the Suns are pretty significant. Last time I watched the Gold Coast (probably a few weeks ago), the commentators were raving about Leslie and what a fine job he was doing in a key defensive role. Maybe they don't think there's a match up for him this week.

If you compare who've they replaced Ablett and Hanley with, that's a sharp drop in experience.

ugg
6th July 2017, 08:11 PM
Foote has been playing in the backline in the NEAFL recently

Aaron
6th July 2017, 08:31 PM
All those "outs" for the Suns are pretty significant. Last time I watched the Gold Coast (probably a few weeks ago), the commentators were raving about Leslie and what a fine job he was doing in a key defensive role. Maybe they don't think there's a match up for him this week.

Below quotes From No Cookies | Gold Coast Bulletin (http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/sport/afl/gold-coast-suns-remain-coy-on-defensive-formation-for-clash-with-sydney/news-story/76e6cfa433a6cbb9d5684fa45771791a)

"Suns coach Rodney Eade has left the door open to recalling Leslie before the game, naming him as an emergency and revealing one of those named to play was carrying an injury.

It gives Eade the ability to bring in another tall defender if needed to combat the likes of Sydney forwards Lance Franklin, Sam Reid and Gary Rohan. �We may name an injured player with the view that we will see how their side lines up,� Eade said. �It�s just about the match up.� "

Ludwig
6th July 2017, 08:36 PM
Match Committee 6 July

Longmire: The first thing on the agenda is Millsy. So how�s he doing Doc?
Doc: He seems okay. He�s running well and is in good spirits.
Longmire: That�s great. So Millsy is in this week.
Doc: The only problem is that Mills thinks he�s a chicken.
Longmire: A chicken? Well, that�s almost a Swan. They�re both birds. Right?
Doc: Swans and chickens share 97% of the same DNA, but it is unusual that a man thinks he�s a chicken. I�m not sure if he�s quite right to play.
Longmire: 97%! Well, then he�s only got 3% to go till he�s 100%. He can get there by Saturday. I�m sure.
Kirk: I was wondering why Rohan was chasing Millsy all around the place during training. Those 2 have been inseparable since Millsy got knocked out. It could be a problem in the game.
Longmire: We can fix that easy. We�ll play them both together on the wing.
Blakey: Yeah! BT will call it the Chicken Wing! You�ll be a legend for Horse�s Chicken Wing. You�ll be Coach of The Year again for sure.
Longmire: You�ve got a job here forever John, even if your kid goes to North Melbourne. Well now that we�ve got that settled we can decide on any changes for the game. I think we should bring Sinkers back this week. What do you say Macca?
Playfair: I�m not McVeigh. I�m Henry Playfair, but you can call me Hank.
Longmire: Who?
Playfair: Henry Playfair. I�m an assistant coach.
Longmire: How come I never saw you before?
Playfair: Maybe it�s because I�m the coach behind those big foamy things that the ruckmen jump into during training.
Longmire: You mean that drill when the ruckman usually sprains his ankle or his medial ligament?
Playfair: Yeah. That�s the drill. I was surprised you never got angry at me about those injuries.
Longmire: Angry? Why would I get angry about something like that? If they don�t get injured we could never justify paying 20% of a salary cap on ruckmen.
Playfair: Yeah! Good point Horse. I�m still surprised how you got me mixed up with McVeigh. Didn�t you notice that I�m much taller and heavier than McVeigh?
Longmire: I thought it was just Macca�s inflated ego that made him look so big.
Kirk: Could we move on. I�m a bit pressed for time. I�ve got an audience in 15 minutes with the

Longmire: Okay. Then it�s settled. Sinkers in for Florent.
Harley: What do we put down as the reason for Florent�s omission? If we put Omitted, he�ll lose confidence.
Longmire: Okay then, put down sexual harassment. So I guess that does it
Harley: Not yet. I just got a text message from Ludwig.
Longmire: Aaaaarghh!! Not him again! Why can�t we ever get through a meeting without Ludwig putting his 2 cents in?
Harley: He�s very well connected. He went to the same private school as Andrew Pridham.
Longmire: Alright. Let�s get it over with. What does it say?
Harley: It says �If we play Sinclair, we are well and truly French Sealed.�
Longmire: What the �? What does that mean?
Harley: I don�t know. It�s a coded message. He�s just being cautious, I guess. So many hackers these days.
Longmire: Why does he have to send coded messages? Who cares if Rodney Eade sees his message? We�re not going to listen to Ludwig anyway.
Harley: Let�s not be too rash now. Let�s get it decoded first. I don�t think he�s worried about Rodney.
Longmire: What is it then?
Harley: The RWO Mods.
Longmire: Does Ludwig think we have Alan Turing on our staff? This is not going to be easy.
Kirk: Why don�t we get Ben Ronke to decode the message? I�ve got a strong vibe that he�s the reincarnation of Alan Turing. Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Longmire: We can�t wait. The AFL deadline is close. We�ve got to get the changes in now. I�m the head coach around here ������.
Harley, (under his breath): In name only.
Longmire: ���. and I say its Sinkers in, Florent out.
Harley: Wait! I just got a new tweet. It says @TheRealHorseLongmire is overated. Ratings way down. Fake Coach. Sad!
Longmire: I�ve had enough of this. My word is final. We�re done here.

Blood Fever
6th July 2017, 08:43 PM
I reckon it will be Smith for Smith.

If there were any doubt over Smith taking his place I'd have thought Marsh would be named as an emergency. He seems the best equipped reserves player to play on smaller, zippy forwards.

If you compare who've they replaced Ablett and Hanley with, that's a sharp drop in experience.

Two massive outs for them in terms of quick ball movement. Hope we don't subcosciously relax because they are missing, especially Ablett. Must keep up ferocity from first bounce.

ugg
6th July 2017, 08:45 PM
Below quotes From No Cookies | Gold Coast Bulletin (http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/sport/afl/gold-coast-suns-remain-coy-on-defensive-formation-for-clash-with-sydney/news-story/76e6cfa433a6cbb9d5684fa45771791a)

"Suns coach Rodney Eade has left the door open to recalling Leslie before the game, naming him as an emergency and revealing one of those named to play was carrying an injury.

It gives Eade the ability to bring in another tall defender if needed to combat the likes of Sydney forwards Lance Franklin, Sam Reid and Gary Rohan. �We may name an injured player with the view that we will see how their side lines up,� Eade said. �It�s just about the match up.� "

My interpretation of that was they would see whether we would bring Sinclair back into the team or not. Given we didn't I don't expect them to bring Leslie back in.

Blood Fever
6th July 2017, 08:50 PM
Love the Dali/Dalai Llama and yes Ronke does look like a throwback to the 40s. Great work Ludwig !

6th July 2017, 09:01 PM
BIG outs for the already depleted SUNS, home game, home fans deserve a relaxed time at the footy, peddle to the metal from first bounce and build some %.

Not the danger game it was at 6.24pm tonight. Notice the Suns went from $6.50 to $9 in an instance.

Dosser
6th July 2017, 10:45 PM
Love the Dali/Dalai Llama and yes Ronke does look like a throwback to the 40s. Great work Ludwig !

From now on I'm thinking of him as Turing, although I am aware that he is a rookie so doesn't come into calculations yet.

Blood Fever
6th July 2017, 11:04 PM
From now on I'm thinking of him as Turing, although I am aware that he is a rookie so doesn't come into calculations yet.

Do you think he can decipher what Reece Shaw is really saying?

grarmy
7th July 2017, 12:14 AM
Match Committee 6 July

Doc: He seems okay. He�s running well and is in good spirits.
Longmire: That�s great. So Millsy is in this week.
Doc: The only problem is that Mills thinks he�s a chicken.
Longmire: A chicken? Well, that�s almost a Swan. They�re both birds. Right?
Doc: Swans and chickens share 97% of the same DNA, but it is unusual that a man thinks he�s a chicken. I�m not sure if he�s quite right to play.
Longmire: 97%! Well, then he�s only got 3% to go till he�s 100%. He can get there by Saturday. I�m sure.
Kirk: I was wondering why Rohan was chasing Millsy all around the place during training. Those 2 have been inseparable since Millsy got knocked out. It could be a problem in the game.
Longmire: We can fix that easy. We�ll play them both together on the wing.
Blakey: Yeah! BT will call it the Chicken Wing! You�ll be a legend for Horse�s Chicken Wing. You�ll be Coach of The Year again for sure.
Longmire: You�ve got a job here forever John, even if your kid goes to North Melbourne. Well now that we�ve got that settled we can decide on any changes for the game. I think we should bring Sinkers back this week. What do you say Macca?
Playfair: I�m not McVeigh. I�m Henry Playfair, but you can call me Hank.
Longmire: Who?
Playfair: Henry Playfair. I�m an assistant coach.
Longmire: How come I never saw you before?
Playfair: Maybe it�s because I�m the coach behind those big foamy things that the ruckmen jump into during training.
Longmire: You mean that drill when the ruckman usually sprains his ankle or his medial ligament?
Playfair: Yeah. That�s the drill. I was surprised you never got angry at me about those injuries.
Longmire: Angry? Why would I get angry about something like that? If they don�t get injured we could never justify paying 20% of a salary cap on ruckmen.
Playfair: Yeah! Good point Horse. I�m still surprised how you got me mixed up with McVeigh. Didn�t you notice that I�m much taller and heavier than McVeigh?
Longmire: I thought it was just Macca�s inflated ego that made him look so big.
Kirk: Could we move on. I�m a bit pressed for time. I�ve got an audience in 15 minutes with the

Longmire: Okay. Then it�s settled. Sinkers in for Florent.
Harley: What do we put down as the reason for Florent�s omission? If we put Omitted, he�ll lose confidence.
Longmire: Okay then, put down sexual harassment. So I guess that does it
Harley: Not yet. I just got a text message from Ludwig.
Longmire: Aaaaarghh!! Not him again! Why can�t we ever get through a meeting without Ludwig putting his 2 cents in?
Harley: He�s very well connected. He went to the same private school as Andrew Pridham.
Longmire: Alright. Let�s get it over with. What does it say?
Harley: It says �If we play Sinclair, we are well and truly French Sealed.�
Longmire: What the �? What does that mean?
Harley: I don�t know. It�s a coded message. He�s just being cautious, I guess. So many hackers these days.
Longmire: Why does he have to send coded messages? Who cares if Rodney Eade sees his message? We�re not going to listen to Ludwig anyway.
Harley: Let�s not be too rash now. Let�s get it decoded first. I don�t think he�s worried about Rodney.
Longmire: What is it then?
Harley: The RWO Mods.
Longmire: Does Ludwig think we have Alan Turing on our staff? This is not going to be easy.
Kirk: Why don�t we get Ben Ronke to decode the message? I�ve got a strong vibe that he�s the reincarnation of Alan Turing. Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Longmire: We can�t wait. The AFL deadline is close. We�ve got to get the changes in now. I�m the head coach around here ������.
Harley, (under his breath): In name only.
Longmire: ���. and I say its Sinkers in, Florent out.
Harley: Wait! I just got a new tweet. It says @TheRealHorseLongmire is overated. Ratings way down. Fake Coach. Sad!

You need to get out a little bit. Perhaps make a friend of one of those pixies you see in the garden or try a new line of medicine.

Ludwig
7th July 2017, 01:39 AM
You need to get out a little bit. Perhaps make a friend of one of those pixies you see in the garden or try a new line of medicine.Have you ever considered making a constructive or positive comment about anything? It could do wonders for your psyche. If you need help, feel free to reach out to me.

dejavoodoo44
7th July 2017, 09:31 AM
Going into this match, I'm sort of glad that we are just outside of the eight. That is, with the Suns missing Ablett, Hanley, Kolodjashnij, Hall, Matera and others, I think that there would be a real chance that complacency would be a problem, if our position wasn't still insecure. As it is, I expect this game to be a percentage booster.

Markwebbos
7th July 2017, 09:59 AM
There really are no easy games this year, but Gablett being out definitely makes this easier. Hopefully the 0-6 start and not being in the 8 means the Swans won't be complacent.

Swans by 38

grarmy
7th July 2017, 10:30 AM
Have you ever considered making a constructive or positive comment about anything? It could do wonders for your psyche. If you need help, feel free to reach out to me.

Lud, don't upset yourself. Try the Stinox without beer chasers.

Markwebbos
7th July 2017, 10:43 AM
Lud, don't upset yourself. Try the Stinox without beer chasers.

If you want to bicker, could you do it elsewhere? This has nothing to do with football.

KTigers
7th July 2017, 11:40 AM
I expect that we'll win comfortably but I wouldn't have minded seeing Gary Jnr play.
In a two team town we don't get to see the absolute guns from the other teams play live very often.
Watching Dangerfield last weekend at Spotless was mesmerizing. You see these guys all the time
on TV, and you know they are ridiculously good, but seeing them at a game from twenty metres
away when they are on song is another thing again. If we are to get anywhere this season eventually
we are going to have to take on and beat the best from the likes of Adelaide, GWS & Geelong.

grarmy
7th July 2017, 12:37 PM
If you want to bicker, could you do it elsewhere? This has nothing to do with football.

LUD STARTED IT!! He insulted the Dalai Lama.

wolftone57
7th July 2017, 03:03 PM
Have you ever considered making a constructive or positive comment about anything? It could do wonders for your psyche. If you need help, feel free to reach out to me.

I agree. It was hilarious. enjoyed that very much. It helps to have a good laugh at life.

graemed
7th July 2017, 04:16 PM
No change is a risk given that the Suns have such tall Talls both in attack and in the ruck. I would have been happier to see Allie in the team maybe to run with one the taller forwards. I have really impressed by Melican and Grundy has been improving since Rampe's return but I thought Rampe looked exposed against Daniher and he has had issues with Cameron in the past few against GWS. Would like to see Melican on Lynch, Allir on Wright and Grundy on Day. Leaving Rampe free to float and cover the quicker smalls.

penga
7th July 2017, 04:55 PM
Match Committee 6 July

Yada, yada, yada

:rofl:rofl

Ludwig
7th July 2017, 05:02 PM
I have been confronted with many difficulties throughout the course of my life, and my country is going through a critical period. But I laugh often, and my laughter is contagious. When people ask me how I find the strength to laugh now, I reply that I am a professional laugher. Laughing is a characteristic of the Tibetans, who are different in this from the Japanese or the Indians. They are very cheerful, like the Italians, rather than a little reserved, like the Germans or the English.

My cheerfulness also comes from my family. I come from a small village, not a big city, and our way of life is more jovial. We are always amusing ourselves, teasing each other, joking. It�s our habit.
--- Dalai Lama, 2010

rb4x
7th July 2017, 05:09 PM
Grundy would have a picnic on Day as he is out for the season.

Blood Fever
7th July 2017, 05:36 PM
--- Dalai Lama, 2010

Only way to survive in an absurd world. Plenty of things to laugh at. Sense of the ridiculous compulsory!

Hotpotato
7th July 2017, 06:51 PM
I expect that we'll win comfortably but I wouldn't have minded seeing Gary Jnr play.
In a two team town we don't get to see the absolute guns from the other teams play live very often.
Watching Dangerfield last weekend at Spotless was mesmerizing. You see these guys all the time
on TV, and you know they are ridiculously good, but seeing them at a game from twenty metres
away when they are on song is another thing again. If we are to get anywhere this season eventually
we are going to have to take on and beat the best from the likes of Adelaide, GWS & Geelong.

Yep, I too was looking forward to seeing Ablett, love watching his poetry in motion, the way he puts the ball onto his boot, the shimmys, buying time, lightning handballs... the youngsters could learn a lot just playing against him.

Kez11
7th July 2017, 06:58 PM
I've just discovered this site and am loving the footy analysis. Ludwig, great piece. I'd much rather read your stuff than the twaddle earlier about the 'no dickhead policy'. I've heard stuff about Jones going to Hawthorn next year. Can anyone confirm?

Markwebbos
7th July 2017, 07:13 PM
I've just discovered this site and am loving the footy analysis. Ludwig, great piece. I'd much rather read your stuff than the twaddle earlier about the 'no dickhead policy'. I've heard stuff about Jones going to Hawthorn next year. Can anyone confirm?

Confirmed

Kez11
7th July 2017, 07:34 PM
To be honest, I'm not disappointed he's going. I know he's one of the team's hard men but he crosses the line too often for my liking. Reminds me of a baby Barry Hall - great player but a bit too much aggro and I suspect he'll accumulate suspensions.

SeanM
7th July 2017, 08:01 PM
I think we would miss Jones's run from half back. He is also useful as a tough pacy midfielder.

Ludwig
7th July 2017, 08:19 PM

Thanks for the jumper, Ludwig.

7th July 2017, 09:29 PM

Confirmed

where is the confirmation from?

Bloody Hell
8th July 2017, 05:00 AM
where is the confirmation from?

The Internet.

Lock it in. :rolleyes:

giant
8th July 2017, 10:58 AM

Completely agree - in years to come this will be just another game but for me would have been another chance to see one of the game's greatest in the flesh. Instead, I'll just remember as the day I saw AJ run out again in red & white!!

8th July 2017, 11:09 AM
Hawthorn would be the absolute last destination for Jones, they don't have anywhere near the currency to get a trade done unless it's their 2018 first rounder on offer. No player they would be willing to part with is of any interest to us.

2018 is shaping as a "Super Draft" so wouldn't be opposed to it but reckon you'll find very few clubs trade out their 2018 picks in this years trade period but then again no one could see the mad trading that Hawks did last year.