PDA

View Full Version : Match Thread R21 V St Kilda at Marvel Stadium

Pages : [1] 2

Aaron
7th August 2021, 08:13 PM
Game Start 7:40 pmMEDICAL SUBSSt Kilda: Jack Bytel
Sydney: James Rowbottom

Go Swans!!!
We must win to be in top 4. We can win! We will win.

Foreign Legion
7th August 2021, 08:18 PM

Go Swans!!!
We must win to be in top 4. We can win! We will win.

Imagine if North had finished off Richmond - I would have been bloody worried then! 2 big upsets already this round - hope there isnt another.

I have a feeling Sam Reid might play a big role tonight.

TheBloods
7th August 2021, 08:19 PM
Flog these rats

Ludwig
7th August 2021, 08:22 PM
Flog these rats................... and put them in bags.

Bangalore Swans
7th August 2021, 08:26 PM
I want more entertaining football. Over 100 points and a shoot out will be fun like last week.

wolftone57
7th August 2021, 08:30 PM
OK Bud only has 15 to go to 1,000. How about we play a 3 prong forward set up. Bud, Heens & Paps. Open the corridor and spread to the, flanks. Bud kicks 15, 1,000 up lol.

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk

Wardy
7th August 2021, 08:32 PM

Go Swans!!!
We must win to be in top 4. We can win! We will win. we also need the crows to perform a miracle and beat Port. If that doesn’t happen we are still 5th

Aaron
7th August 2021, 08:33 PM
Oh no Mills out injured

i'm-uninformed2
7th August 2021, 08:34 PM
Mills out - Achilles

Rowbottom in

tasswan
Callum Mills out
In Rowbottom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bangalore Swans
Rowbottom in, Mills out.

Mel_C
Mills is out with an achilles!! He must have done it during the warm up. Rowbottom is in.

Ludwig
7th August 2021, 08:35 PM
Keys to the game:
Keep Steele and Hill under control.
Show a lot of different looks up forward.
We can kick long as STK have an undersized back line, just like us.
Win some centre clearances in the 1st half for a change.

Blue Sun
7th August 2021, 08:35 PM
Mills out - Achilles

Rowbottom in
Impressive depth in this side. Losing Mills but having RB ready and waiting to come in isn’t a terrible problem to have.

i'm-uninformed2
7th August 2021, 08:37 PM
Clarke new medisub

Foreign Legion
Jeez I hate hearing about Achilles injuries - could be minor or a lot worse. And Callum doesnt need a break - if it was Parker or Kennedy you'd be half happy for them to miss a week.

Bexl
I want more entertaining football. Over 100 points and a shoot out will be fun like last week.
Personally I I would much prefer the back line work better

Mel_C
7th August 2021, 08:39 PM
Can we please win some centre clearances tonight. I don't want to see the Saints waltzing out of the middle time and time again.

Blue Sun
7th August 2021, 08:45 PM
Reid is an awful kick. I’m a better kick for goal, and that’s not saying much.

Gulden is a star in the making.

Markwebbos
7th August 2021, 08:45 PM
Rowbottom been good early

Mel_C
7th August 2021, 08:46 PM
Why is Reid so bad with his set shots??? That was terrible, he missed everything.

Agent 86
7th August 2021, 08:47 PM
Why is Reid so bad with his set shots??? That was terrible, he missed everything.

We all sorta knew he’d shank it.

Markwebbos
7th August 2021, 08:49 PM

Given the commentator said he didn't miss any in the warm up, it has to be mental with Sam.

Nico
7th August 2021, 08:51 PM
What a horrible turnover by Kennedy. Top the square anyone.

And Stephens does the same. It just wasn't on. Roost the ball.

2 goals came from turnovers from these mistakes.

Markwebbos
7th August 2021, 08:51 PM
Familiar pattern in the first quarter

Blue Sun
7th August 2021, 08:53 PM
Free for Bud!! You beauty!

Markwebbos
7th August 2021, 08:53 PM
Why is the far-from-objective Nick Riewoldt commentating on this game?

Hotpotato
7th August 2021, 08:54 PM
Did Buddy kick that goal with his eyes closed ?

Blue Sun
7th August 2021, 08:57 PM
I still don’t understand the HTB rule. Dawson took possession and was immediately tackled, yet a free was paid against him?

Nico
7th August 2021, 08:58 PM
Our field kicking is poor.

Wardy
7th August 2021, 08:59 PM
All of the hoo har & carryon about Max King is somewhat nauseating.

- - - Updated - - -

Geez I hope the team being reunited with their families hasn’t made them a bit lethargic.

Markwebbos
7th August 2021, 09:00 PM
another horrible low pressure first quarter from the Swans

Blue Sun
Another ordinary start. I hope they pick it up in the 2nd and 3rd.

Foreign Legion
I'm hoping we will get out of 1st gear at some stage - worryingly familiar starts.

Agent 86

Mel_C
7th August 2021, 09:01 PM
I hope we don't allow the King show to happen because I'm already sick of the commentary.

Wardy
I hope we don't allow the King show to happen because I'm already sick of the commentary.
+1

Agent 86
Really missing Bell.

Blue Sun
7th August 2021, 09:02 PM

But have you heard about Max King? Max King is brilliant, Max King is best. Max King.

Markwebbos
7th August 2021, 09:07 PM
Horse doesnt look impressed

Meg
I still don’t understand the HTB rule. Dawson took possession and was immediately tackled, yet a free was paid against him?

Dawson was adjudged not to have made a genuine attempt to dispose.

Nico
Stephens turns it over again with another poor pussy kick sideways instead of forward. Goes up the ground for a turnover goal.

Faunac8
7th August 2021, 09:08 PM
Poor turnover by Nick there dropping one he should have swallowed

Ralph Dawg
7th August 2021, 09:09 PM
2 poor turnovers by Stephens, clumsy free kick into legs of saints player, not overly impressed by his performance so far.

Swannette
7th August 2021, 09:09 PM
Missy Higgins has become Kicky Higgins.

Foreign Legion
7th August 2021, 09:11 PM
It doesn't happen often, but our backline is being killed 1 on 1.

- - - Updated - - -

Gulden and Papley brilliant.

Blue Sun
Gulden set that Papley goal up there. Great stuff. Bent it like Beckham.

Markwebbos
This game feels like its being played on their terms even though we are winning the clearances. They are moving the ball with ease

i'm-uninformed2
7th August 2021, 09:12 PM
That goal was nuts from Papley. But don’t underestimate the composure from Gulden to pick up, weave and give the right hand ball.

Markwebbos
7th August 2021, 09:12 PM
why was that not HTB he had heaps of prior

Mel_C
7th August 2021, 09:15 PM
Horse doesnt look impressed
Haha yes I think he was glad he was wearing a mask so we couldn't lip read.

Ralph Dawg
7th August 2021, 09:16 PM
You can just see the lack of confidence Stephens has. It's like he doesn't believe he belongs there. For all of Bell's limitations as a player, he has swagger and belief. I'd say at this point, that is preferable to our team as a whole.

Foreign Legion
7th August 2021, 09:16 PM
Well going on about our last 5 games we will win by 10 goals. Slowish start again. Bit concerned how many marks they have taken 24 to 14 almost like our early season.

We have lots of our good players a bit quiet so far so I'm hopeful of a lift.

wolftone57
7th August 2021, 09:17 PM
All the back match ups are wrong yet again in the first. Why can*t they just trust McCartin to take King. He is killing Rampe. Rampe to Membrey, McCartin King and Blakey to Sharman. Blakey is tall enough and he will make Sharman chase which he won't be able to do.

dejavoodoo44
That goal was nuts from Papley. But don’t underestimate the composure from Gulden to pick up, weave and give the right hand ball.

Would love it if somebody put together a Papley career highlights package. Gulden would already have a pretty good one, too.

Nico
4 goals from turnovers of very poor field kicking. I don't get why Stephens doesn't learn from his mistakes. They have an under manned backline yet he goes sideways.

i'm-uninformed2
7th August 2021, 09:18 PM
Wicks going well so far on Hill, but otherwise our defensive pressure is average.

Nico
All the back match ups are wrong yet again in the first. Why can*t they just trust McCartin to take King. He is killing Rampe. Rampe to Membrey, McCartin King and Blakey to Sharman. Blakey is tall enough and he will make Sharman chase which he won't be able to do.

Good call.

caj23
Lol at those who think we’re missing Bell 😂

4 panicky possessions and 1 tackle last week

Faunac8
Quite the mystery why we have had so many slow starts recently however it’s not how fast you start it’s how fast you finish that counts. Saints are taking advantage of the opportunities they are creating and we didn’t seem to be doing the same for the start of that quarter. Winning the contested possessions for a change but it doesn’t seem to be a major benefit.
Still confident and I think our pressure and skills will win out

bodgie
7th August 2021, 09:19 PM
Sorry I missed the lead up to the game. What happened to Heeney?

- - - Updated - - -

Ah shi... I just saw him at the start of the 2nd haha

Faunac8
7th August 2021, 09:22 PM
As well as his aerial ability Heeney has exceptional kicking skills

Blue Sun
7th August 2021, 09:22 PM
It would help if the Saints could miss occasionally…

Mel_C
7th August 2021, 09:23 PM
Everyone went up and left the saints player at the back for the easy goal.

I don't like how easy the opposition are kicking goals the last 2 weeks.

Wardy
7th August 2021, 09:27 PM
Our tackling is not good.

Agent 86
7th August 2021, 09:28 PM
Saints, Suns and Norf will all approach these last 3 games as winnable games for them. If we don’t bring that pressure, we are gonna struggle in each of them.

Blue Sun
7th August 2021, 09:29 PM
Stephens not yet up to AFL level, unfortunately.

Markwebbos
7th August 2021, 09:29 PM
7 zip!

Foreign Legion
7th August 2021, 09:30 PM
Stephens had best lift his game - he was walked around then.

tasswan
7 straight from a team that has poor conversion

Faunac8
Stephens not yet up to AFL level, unfortunately.

Sadly I agree he is being found out at this stage and his body language is not great

Markwebbos
7th August 2021, 09:31 PM
Its all confidence with Stephens

Wardy
7th August 2021, 09:38 PM
The hand balls are friggin stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

Montagna is not an impartial commentator either (I thinK he likes the sound of his own voice)

Markwebbos
7th August 2021, 09:39 PM
They've done a great job of stifling our ball movement. We look a yard off it today

Wardy
7th August 2021, 09:40 PM
WTF!

Markwebbos
WTF!

That sort of sums it up.

Wardy
And the CROWS ARE BEATING PORT!!!

Faunac8
7th August 2021, 09:41 PM
Half time can’t come quick enough . Saints playing well putting on the pressure and taking away time and space.

Wardy
7th August 2021, 09:43 PM
That sort of sums it up.

And I’ll say it again!!! W T F !!!

Faunac8
7th August 2021, 09:43 PM
I reckon we have had at least 5-6 kicks charged down

Blue Sun
7th August 2021, 09:44 PM
And the CROWS ARE BEATING PORT!!!
Doesn’t really matter. If the Swans can’t beat the Saints then they’re not top 4 material anyway.

Markwebbos
7th August 2021, 09:45 PM
We could do with a goal

stevoswan
7th August 2021, 09:46 PM
Doesn’t really matter. If the Swans can’t beat the Saints then they’re not top 4 material anyway.

How quick we jump off.....:hmmmm2:

i'm-uninformed2
7th August 2021, 09:46 PM
Field kicking average, and Florent king of the butchers so far

Agent 86
7th August 2021, 09:47 PM
I reckon we have had at least 5-6 kicks charged down

4 of them Blakey’s

Markwebbos

Didn't we have this same conversation last week?

Wardy
Perhaps they should’ve Held off the family reunions til tomorrow rather than yesterday.

Mel_C
7th August 2021, 09:48 PM
They are out working us. Their pressure is too good. We are making errors that we haven't done for awhile.

SwanSand
7th August 2021, 09:48 PM

We are having turnovers in the corridor. We want to go there but they have clamped hard on the corridor and we are getting cramped up as well. We need more spread, change angles and somehow create space above their half backs.

Blue Sun
7th August 2021, 09:49 PM
Not at all, haven’t written them off! Was just pointing that out. Not even half time yet!

Bangalore Swans
7th August 2021, 09:53 PM
Crows three goals up against Port

Big 2nd half.

Foreign Legion
7th August 2021, 09:54 PM
Heeney needs to lift. He is an almost elite player but not done anything tonight.

Hickey not much influence besides hitouts.

Parker giving his all as usual.

Maybe we need to slow it up a bit and play like we did against Richmond early in the season - if St.Kilda let us.

Maltopia
7th August 2021, 09:54 PM
Technically we are doing ok... we are behind the Saints by 18 at half time, and Port is losing by 19 against an inferior side?

crackedactor 01
7th August 2021, 09:56 PM
Long bomb to our forward line and we get beaten every single time. Either in the air or on the ground. Can we win at least one.

caj23
7th August 2021, 09:57 PM
We’re still in it and we’ve been coming home with a wet sail

Not many other positives to find

Need Heeney Kennedy Hickey and a few others to step up

stevoswan
Not at all, haven’t written them off! Was just pointing that out. Not even half time yet!

Exactly.

Agent 86
Sheesh - how many turnover scores?

I think getting the families back has softened us.

Blood Fever
7th August 2021, 09:58 PM
Technically we are doing ok... we are behind the Saints by 18 at half time, and Port is losing by 19 against an inferior side?

We look a bit flat. Hard to win 6 in a row on the road.

Ludwig
7th August 2021, 09:59 PM
Poor Stephens. He just can't handle the game at this level. He needs the Saints pressure to relent a bit.

The Saints pressure has simply been better than ours. And the only answer to pressure is to bring more than the other team. So lets see if we can do that in the 2nd half.

I thought the Saints backline would be a shambles, but it's been the opposite. They've been fantastic, both in the air on the ground.

Bangalore Swans
7th August 2021, 10:00 PM
Beauty of this year is that every team is having a crack. The bottom 4 all want to win and there are 5 teams still trying to get into the finals. Makes for very competitive football.

Nico
7th August 2021, 10:03 PM
6 goals from turnovers due to our inability to kick through the footy. I can't believe the number of times we have pulled our kicks and gone straight to a Saints player.

- - - Updated - - -

Poor Stephens. He just can't handle the game at this level. He needs the Saints pressure to relent a bit.

The Saints pressure has simply been better than ours. And the only answer to pressure is to bring more than the other team. So lets see if we can do that in the 2nd half.

I thought the Saints backline would be a shambles, but it's been the opposite. They've been fantastic, both in the air on the ground.

We have won the centre clearances 11 to 3 but when we go forward the Saints backs are playing in front.

dimelb
7th August 2021, 10:03 PM
Too much handling without gaining metres.
Too much Hail Mary nonsense, not enough people running past to collect ball and maybe kick, which Saints are doing.
Don't long bomb into front 50, kick to moving forwards.
We are really missing Mills - need an older head in defence.

wolftone57
7th August 2021, 10:04 PM
Longmire being outcoached. This was some of the worst @@@@ we have served up in the last 3 years. This mob are a,​rabble and we are getting @@@@ on.

All the match ups are wrong. Hewett should be on Steele. Parker and Steele have both had 17 but Steele has been 10 times more damaging. A shootout in the mids is not good for us. We win the clearances but use the ball so badly out of the centre. This is a game we need to win but by the amount of missed tackles you would think the players don't care.

Ratten shutting down the corridor just like Sun's, Dees and Hawks did. Ratten is like Clarkson and will follow his lead. The forward line is @@@@. It is not working well. But also the delivery has been a disgrace. I think we will lose this one. I think they are hungrier and are handling pressure far better than us. What's more our players are allowing far too much room to their opponents.

We need to find a way to move the ball. They are setting up around the centre area and just putting players across the field. You can't go up the guts but you can't go outside either because they are manning up on the side and zoning centre and blocking the corridor. So how do you get over that you keep to layers back and create run and kick over the top of them.

But for that you need full effort which we are not giving tonight. Maybe there was too much family time I the last two nights lol.

AB Swannie
7th August 2021, 10:05 PM
As others have said, they have just out-pressured us. We’ve had a few very poor turnovers too and they’ve capitalised.

Stephens has struggled. I don’t know if he just needs a run of games to gain some confidence but this is not really the time of year to do that. If you can’t perform, you have to sit out. Hopefully, he turns it around in the second half.

Agent 86
7th August 2021, 10:06 PM
Wow. 2 weeks for Greene and a fine for Selwood? Surely it’s the other way around?

Foreign Legion
7th August 2021, 10:06 PM
I know this sounds silly but Stephens is on the wrong wing - at least in the last qtr - he should be on the wing furthest from the camera this qtr.

And then the opposite in the last - he is a very biased left footer like Dawson and a few in the past - Barry and Bayes.

Ludwig
7th August 2021, 10:07 PM
We're winning the free kick count and it's unsettling the side. Why can't the umps just do their usual thing.

The Runner
7th August 2021, 10:08 PM
I know this sounds silly but Stephens is on the wrong wing - at least in the last qtr - he should be on the wing furthest from the camera this qtr.

And then the opposite in the last - he is a very biased left footer like Dawson and a few in the past - Barry and Bayes.

You're half right. He should be on the wing for the VFL team.

wolftone57
7th August 2021, 10:08 PM
We're winning the free kick count and it's unsettling the side. Why can't the umps just do their usual thing.Haha yes this is new territory

i'm-uninformed2
7th August 2021, 10:09 PM
We're winning the free kick count and it's unsettling the side. Why can't the umps just do their usual thing.

Ha

Ludwig

Yes, we should keep him far from the camera so we can't see what he's doing, and even better, there won't be video of him when they do the game review.

KTigers
Stay calm, we can turn this around.

Markwebbos
7th August 2021, 10:10 PM
Longmire being outcoached. This was some of the worst @@@@ we have served up in the last 3 years. This mob are a,​rabble and we are getting @@@@ on.

All the match ups are wrong. Hewett should be on Steele. Parker and Steele have both had 17 but Steele has been 10 times more damaging. A shootout in the mids is not good for us. We win the clearances but use the ball so badly out of the centre. This is a game we need to win but by the amount of missed tackles you would think the players don't care.

Ratten shutting down the corridor just like Sun's, Dees and Hawks did. Ratten is like Clarkson and will follow his lead. The forward line is @@@@. It is not working well. But also the delivery has been a disgrace. I think we will lose this one. I think they are hungrier and are handling pressure far better than us. What's more our players are allowing far too much room to their opponents.

We need to find a way to move the ball. They are setting up around the centre area and just putting players across the field. You can't go up the guts but you can't go outside either because they are manning up on the side and zoning centre and blocking the corridor. So how do you get over that you keep to layers back and create run and kick over the top of them.

But for that you need full effort which we are not giving tonight. Maybe there was too much family time I the last two nights lol.

I'd say a lot of that is correct, but there is still a half for Swans-Longmire-Pyke to redeem themselves.

Nico
7th August 2021, 10:10 PM
Dawson must be injured. Has only played forward.

Agent 86
7th August 2021, 10:12 PM
Make or break qtr coming up. Contenders or pretenders? Let’s go!!

Markwebbos
7th August 2021, 10:15 PM
That Gulden kids alright

Agent 86
7th August 2021, 10:16 PM
Errol is a quality finisher.

Markwebbos
7th August 2021, 10:21 PM
Cmon Swans

Mel_C
7th August 2021, 10:24 PM
Stupid free to give away Dawson after getting us within a goal.

Come on swans you are playing better...keep it up.

Wardy
7th August 2021, 10:26 PM
Ok we only have to win by 1 point

Daisi
7th August 2021, 10:26 PM
St Kilda playing well, they are putting on the pressure, and we can't handle it. It's been a long time away from home for the boys, so I'm not too upset about this performance. We have been travelling for weeks, and are probably the most disadvantaged side in the competition at the moment.

Let's hope we can turn it around a bit, but at present I don't see how.

caj23
7th August 2021, 10:27 PM
Anyone else glad Zak Jones doesn’t play for us anymore?

wolftone57
7th August 2021, 10:27 PM
Our forwards are loose today

Wardy
7th August 2021, 10:28 PM
Oh god Ollie!

Nico
7th August 2021, 10:29 PM
Florent is a turnover merchant.

Markwebbos
Swans pressure is better this quarter...

Agent 86
Ollie messes up those chances way too often. That was terrible.

Markwebbos
7th August 2021, 10:31 PM
Urrgghh

i'm-uninformed2
7th August 2021, 10:31 PM
It really is finger out time.

Wardy
7th August 2021, 10:32 PM
As is Lloyd. He just stood there instead of running towards the ball.

- - - Updated - - -

It really is finger out time.

Oh yes.

stevoswan
7th August 2021, 10:32 PM
Anyone else glad Zak Jones doesn’t play for us anymore?

Yep.

Wardy
7th August 2021, 10:33 PM
Montagna is giving me the @@@@s too.

longmile
7th August 2021, 10:34 PM
To their credit the saints look like a top 4 team. They look really good. Our field kicking has been @@@@ house.

Bexl
7th August 2021, 10:35 PM
Unfortunately we've been totally outplayed

Foreign Legion
Not tonight.

Markwebbos
Saints totally outplaying us atm

Ralph Dawg
7th August 2021, 10:36 PM
Out pressured, I've been waiting for their intensity to drop (or ours to increase) just not happening so far.

caj23
Tough to see us coming back in this one

It reminds me of the hawks game, fair chance we’ll get out scored in the final quarter

Wardy
Man up Cunningham!!! Lazy!

Markwebbos
7th August 2021, 10:37 PM
Game over

Bexl
Unfortunately we've been totally outplayed it's starting to get really really bad becoming a bit of a thrashing

Foreign Legion
Terrible quarter. Not much to be positive about.

Agent 86
7th August 2021, 10:38 PM
Missy on his way to 6.1

The Runner
What on earth does Jake Lloyd do out there? Hasn't been near an opponent all night

Mel_C
We are wilting under their pressure which is a worry for finals. Too many turnovers and then the saints run run run.

5 goals is going to be hard to make up.

wolftone57
Even the bounce is, against us. This is a @@@@ing disgrace

Faunac8
7th August 2021, 10:39 PM
Being completely outplayed and out pressured by the Saints it will take some effort to come back from here. Their run and gun is similar to the style we have implemented during the year and they are doing it better than us tonight.
Need this goal

Bexl
7th August 2021, 10:39 PM
it's starting to get really really bad becoming a bit of a thrashing we seem to have lost our focused Haywood needs to get this

Captain
7th August 2021, 10:40 PM
Lazy footy tonight. So many times there are two of them fighting over who to stand the mark.

Markwebbos
7th August 2021, 10:40 PM
Being completely outplayed and out pressured by the Saints it will take some effort to come back from here. Their run and gun is similar to the style we have implemented during the year and they are doing it better than us tonight.
Need this goal

They've outSwanned us tonight

Bexl
7th August 2021, 10:41 PM
I know we need our families and it's great that their back but it seems we have seriously lost focus. oh well.

wolftone57
7th August 2021, 10:42 PM
I know we need our families and it's great that their back but it seems we have seriously lost focus. oh well.Indeed

Swannette
7th August 2021, 10:43 PM
I'm not giving up but by crikey there's work to do.

The Runner
Lazy footy tonight. So many times there are two of them fighting over who to stand the mark.

So often. There's no one leading and directing

caj23
Anyone going to stick their neck out and call that we’ll get home in this one? 🤪

Wardy
Cmon swans pull the finger out - we need to step up this qtr.

Agent 86
7th August 2021, 10:44 PM
Terrible quarter. Not much to be positive about.

Yeah. Reality comes back to bite us. Our forward entries are the Swans we’ve been used to - coming back with interest. Credit to the Saints, just playing better.

Maybe an important goal to Hayward, but not sure if we have the legs to turn this around.

Foreign Legion
7th August 2021, 10:45 PM
Anyone going to stick their neck out and call that we’ll get home in this one? 🤪

I dont think so.

But if we lift and win then I will consider us a real Premiership threat.

This will take guts, skill and perseverance.

Ludwig
7th August 2021, 10:46 PM
We are winning the free kicks, centre clearances and contested footy. And we\re getting well beaten. Bring back the old stats.

Also, lets not play anything close to our best 22.

Captain
7th August 2021, 10:47 PM
Centre bounces clearly mean nothing!

Faunac8
Pretty hard call but and it’s a big but we can if Buddy and Isaac to get off the chain and kick five between them. The Saints pressure has been off the scale and maybe they can’t keep it up for one more quarter.

Hotpotato
C’mon Swans ..... attack the footy ...
lift the skills.

Mel_C
7th August 2021, 10:49 PM
We have to improve our kicking into the forward line. None of this bombing it in that we have been doing because it doesn't work for us.

Captain
7th August 2021, 10:50 PM
Florents disposal is way off!!!

Agent 86
Florent kick could not have been worse

Roadrunner
They've outSwanned us tonight

Insipid effort- too many ball watchers tonight. Saints want the ball and playing like a team. We’re poor tonight- send the partners home?

Where’s the forward pressure from Wicks? Don’t want to single him out as he has a lot of mates tonight, but please don’t persist saying he provides forward pressure as he has done nothing !

Wardy
Who’s supposed to be on Membrey?

Swannette
Geez, where is the pressure Sydney?

AB Swannie
More turnovers tonight than the last month combined. To be fair, most of them have been forced by St Kilda who look a completely different team.

Wardy
7th August 2021, 10:51 PM
Insipid effort- too many ball watchers tonight. Saints want the ball and playing like a team. We’re poor tonight- send the partners home?

Where’s the forward pressure from Wicks? Don’t want to single him out as he has a lot of mates tonight, but please don’t persist saying he provides forward pressure as he has done nothing ! this!! And the ability to man up seems to have disappeared from their repertoire.

Foreign Legion
Tom McCartin has had a shocker

Faunac8
That’s a good point for the Saints

i'm-uninformed2
7th August 2021, 10:52 PM
Too many blokes look exhausted from family reunification.

Swannette
7th August 2021, 10:52 PM
OMG, how bad

Markwebbos
7th August 2021, 10:53 PM
Wheels falling off.

Foreign Legion
OK thats it.

Next week.

Faunac8
What a terrible period of play what the heck is going on with Hickey tonight is he injured ?

Wardy
Too many blokes look exhausted from family reunification.

Cronulla & st George in the NRL were exactly the same. 😉🤣

Faunac8
7th August 2021, 10:54 PM
Asking to much of Errol

Wardy
7th August 2021, 10:55 PM
If we win this it will be an early Christmas miracle.

Faunac8
7th August 2021, 10:55 PM
That’s one

Mel_C
7th August 2021, 10:56 PM
Commentators are devastated that King is out of the game.

Wardy
7th August 2021, 10:58 PM
What’s up with Mccartin ? He’s having a shocker

- - - Updated - - -

Commentators are devastated that King is out of the game.
Yeah - they’ll rave about Membery instead

Faunac8
7th August 2021, 11:00 PM
Need to take the game on through the centre not down the line

Swannette
7th August 2021, 11:00 PM
Cunningham could have kicked it to any number of other targets but no, kicks it to them

Wardy
7th August 2021, 11:01 PM
That’s it - no “relations” with the partners this week!!

- - - Updated - - -

What the hell was that LLOYD!!

The Runner
7th August 2021, 11:02 PM
That’s it - no “relations” with the partners this week!!

- - - Updated - - -

What the hell was that LLOYD!!

He's soft as warm butter. It was his turn to go when Errol did that switch, and he didn't

Foreign Legion
7th August 2021, 11:02 PM
I would pay 900K a year for Marshall

Wardy
7th August 2021, 11:03 PM
Cmon boys!!

Faunac8
7th August 2021, 11:03 PM
That’s two

Wardy
7th August 2021, 11:05 PM
Game over.

Captain
7th August 2021, 11:06 PM
What the hell was that kick Kennedy??? Shocking!

Swannette
Ohhhh Josh

The Runner
Kennedy is the single worst kick in the team, and it's becoming an increasing liability. He had to let Wicks take that

Foreign Legion
7th August 2021, 11:07 PM
It is a a well worn comment but we probably needed this.

AB Swannie
Another turnover that we haven’t been making in previous games

Faunac8
Good night poor section of play then not sure if it was poor kick by Kennedy or poor mark attempt by Florent either way it was poor

Bexl
Another turnover that we haven’t been making in previous games
And Port Adelaide hit the front there goes top 4

Bangalore Swans
7th August 2021, 11:08 PM
Feel like a fool for continuing to trumpet Stevens. Just had to make that tackle.

Industrial Fan
7th August 2021, 11:08 PM
I’m a fan of Florent but he’s had a shocker tonight

Markwebbos
7th August 2021, 11:09 PM
Comprehensively outworked and outplayed. They've been amazing to win 5 in a row under the circumstances. I'm happy to put it down as the loss we had to have.

longmile
Saints looked really good. We had good effort but terrible and I mean terrible kicking

Agent 86
I’m a fan of Florent but he’s had a shocker tonight

Not Pat Malone. But he does butcher way too many of those chances.

Captain
7th August 2021, 11:10 PM
Feel like a fool for continuing to trumpet Stevens. Just had to make that tackle.

I never realised what a poor tackler Stephens is. Absolutely soft as butter!

Foreign Legion
7th August 2021, 11:11 PM
Comprehensively outworked and outplayed. They've been amazing to win 5 in a row under the circumstances. I'm happy to put it down as the loss we had to have.

Yep I agree. Its obviously been a tough time. Just lacked intensity tonight.

Bexl
Good night poor section of play then not sure if it was poor kick by Kennedy or poor mark attempt by Florent either way it was poor
I watched all the Hawthorn loss and the Gold Coast loss but todays game I'm sick of. Effort and focus and everything has just been totally atrocious St Kilda is very capable of really good football but are inconsistent but we fumbled and hardly tackled it is just a pathetic effort.

Captain
Blakey been good tonight. Love his run and he is always prepared to take the game on.

Agent 86
7th August 2021, 11:12 PM
Port back in front anyway, & despite some great performances over the last month, we are not top 4 team.

Wardy
7th August 2021, 11:13 PM
We need to have the old south Melbourne jumper on next week - it has brought us luck this year. (That’s not to say the pride jumper isn’t wonderful, it’s terrific - I’m just very superstitious)

Markwebbos
7th August 2021, 11:14 PM
We need to have the old south Melbourne jumper on next week - it has brought us luck this year. (That’s not to say the pride jumper isn’t wonderful, it’s terrific - I’m just very superstitious)

I'll take that

Bexl
7th August 2021, 11:14 PM
Top 4 totally gone now but we're going to finish fifth or 6 and we need to get it back together again and have a go from there. And stop missing Targets like they just did.

Wardy
7th August 2021, 11:15 PM
I'll take that

And my darling mum passed away on Thursday and she loved the red v jumper. 😢

Ralph Dawg
7th August 2021, 11:15 PM
We've been so good for a while now, playing with so much intensity since the Hawks game, which was an abject shocka. Tonight we were very flat against an extremely committed St Kilda. I guess the positive way to view the game is that it is the loss we needed, re-calibrate and push onto the finals.

Markwebbos
7th August 2021, 11:16 PM
As the cliche goes: they've had all the answers

SCGonasunnyday
Watch enough footy and you have to swallow that sometimes the whole team is off and you move on. Very disappointing

Agent 86
Think we lost all 4 quarts. Never looked like it

Markwebbos

Really sorry to hear that

Southern Swan15
7th August 2021, 11:17 PM
We need to have the old south Melbourne jumper on next week - it has brought us luck this year. (That’s not to say the pride jumper isn’t wonderful, it’s terrific - I’m just very superstitious)Family's reunited, massive emotional week for the boys, no wonder they were off tonight. Top 4 gone now so pressure free footy for the next 2 weeks.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Bill Posters
7th August 2021, 11:18 PM
What a @@@@ game of footy. We were inexplicably @@@@. But i had a feeling before this game, this is a classic danger game for the swans. We're always @@@@ against the @@@@ teams.

God i hate Zak Jones.

Sandridge
7th August 2021, 11:19 PM

So very sorry to hear that Wardy. Condolences to you.

Bangalore Swans
7th August 2021, 11:19 PM
Heeney and Hayward smiling and loving catching up with old Saints mates.

I’m ok with all that.

A few on here will not like that.

Faunac8
7th August 2021, 11:20 PM
Probably not such a bad loss to have Saints outplayed us all night.
We can now look to manage a couple of players in the next couple of weeks now that a top four spot is pretty well unattainable so let’s look to set up for a reasonable crack at winning a game or two in the finals.

Hotpotato
7th August 2021, 11:24 PM

V Sad loss for you Wardy . Sorry to hear that .

Foreign Legion
7th August 2021, 11:26 PM

Sorry to hear that Wardy. My condolences.

Kafka's Ghost
7th August 2021, 11:26 PM

Deepest condolences to you, Wardy.
Agree, the red V is a great jumper, and we’ve played well in it. Tonight we looked as flat as tacks the whole game, but we’ve been up for a few weeks now and it’s been a big few days for the team. Time to regroup.

mcs
7th August 2021, 11:27 PM
Disappointing night - just never, ever really got going, and in the periods we did have dominance in terms of possession. Very frustrating night, and capped off by Port holding off a gallant Adelaide. A costly loss, but fully deserved - never looked likely at all.

- - - Updated - - -

So sorry to hear that Wardy - condolences to you and your family.

Roadrunner
7th August 2021, 11:28 PM

Sorry to hear that Wardy- thoughts with you and your family. Tonight’s game loses significance and the lads will be better next week. We were bound for a downer and didn’t have a winner all night. Let’s put this behind us and regroup!

longmile
7th August 2021, 11:30 PM
Zak Jones is easily my least favourite Swan of all time. Even as a Swan I thought he was an aggro with poor personality

Bexl
7th August 2021, 11:31 PM
I have high expectation I want us to make the finals every year I want us to finish top 4 I want to win the premiership that said we are going to play finals we will not finish top 4 and if we play 4 good weeks in the finals who knows.maybe a flag. all in all it's been a pretty good year so far.

Matty10
7th August 2021, 11:32 PM
And my darling mum passed away on Thursday and she loved the red v jumper. [emoji22]

Sincere condolences and best wishes, Wardy.

Bangalore Swans
7th August 2021, 11:34 PM
I don’t know what to say.

I’m looking forward to some huge tirades from some of the more esteemed posters.

TheBloods is going to give some our players a huge dressing down. I’ll leave it to him.

Blue Sun
7th August 2021, 11:35 PM
I’m very sorry to hear that, Wardy. My sincere condolences to you and your family.

Agent 86
7th August 2021, 11:37 PM
Heeney and Hayward smiling and loving catching up with old Saints mates.

I’m ok with all that.

A few on here will not like that.

I’m okay with that.

Matty10
7th August 2021, 11:40 PM
We were just flat, flat, flat.

You can’t plan for that, nor could we find a way out. Who knows what the cause was - let’s just hope it was a once off.

Nico
7th August 2021, 11:48 PM
Mills out Rowbottom in. Mills is good for 30+ stats, Rowbottom had 13 sloppy possessions.

Stephens looks out of his depth. Butchers the footy.

Wicks in the side for his forward pressure; no tackles, 6 stats.

Mills, Warner and Campbell will make a massive difference.

I know Kennedy gets in and under all game but his kicking turnovers were low lights of his game.

An insipid performance all round.

We had 5 forward 50 tackles. We only had 45 tackles for the game. You can't win with a total that low.

The Runner
7th August 2021, 11:48 PM
Could be the loss we needed. The complete disrespect for our game plan was concerning though. Too many long bombs and kicks to nothing.. didn't control the footy. Saints pressure was good, but we didn't take control with sharp kicking and shifting channels.

Nico
7th August 2021, 11:51 PM
I have high expectation I want us to make the finals every year I want us to finish top 4 I want to win the premiership that said we are going to play finals we will not finish top 4 and if we play 4 good weeks in the finals who knows.maybe a flag. all in all it's been a pretty good year so far.

Can't win the flag on that effort and with that personnel.

longmile
7th August 2021, 11:56 PM
I don’t know what to say.

I’m looking forward to some huge tirades from some of the more esteemed posters.

TheBloods is going to give some our players a huge dressing down. I’ll leave it to him.

Thanks for your insight

Hotpotato
8th August 2021, 12:00 AM
Swans usually click it up and respond at some point , however the well was dry tonight and they mainly found Saints players .

Blood Fever
8th August 2021, 12:01 AM

So sorry to hear that. Best wishes at this time

mcs
8th August 2021, 12:04 AM
Thanks for your insight

:rofl You mean for the long bottom lick? :rofl

crackedactor 01
8th August 2021, 12:07 AM
Can't win the flag on that effort and with that personnel.

premiership talk is fairy land stuff. I wait and waited all night for us to take a contested mark in the forward line. St Kilda took 20 and I cannot recall us taking one. We have to be the worse contested marking side in the comp. When we go forward we will have to kick to the pockets because we are not capable of taking a mark directly in front.

Markwebbos
8th August 2021, 12:10 AM
premiership talk is fairy land stuff. I wait and waited all night for us to take a contested mark in the forward line. St Kilda took 20 and I cannot recall us taking one. We have to be the worse contested marking side in the comp. When we go forward we will have to kick to the pockets because we are not capable of taking a mark directly in front.

Reid took one or two, as did Dawson.
I'm optimistic that was an aberration, rather than a true reflection of where we are at!

rojo
8th August 2021, 12:18 AM
It was a weird game by the Swans. No one seemed to know where they should be or what they should be doing. The forward lines and back lines were both disaster zones. I agree that the strains and stresses of the past six weeks have finally caught up with them. Hopefully they can rest up and regroup. Better now, before we get to the finals.

My condolences to you and your family too Wardy.

Mel_C
8th August 2021, 12:24 AM
Sorry for your loss Wardy. Condolences to you and your family.

bennyfabulous
8th August 2021, 12:25 AM
I could be wrong but the normal game plan looked a little off tonight. We didnt seem to do a lot of the switching the ball deep to stretch the field and create space style. I might have to watch again (which will be a bit of a hard watch lol). I think we missed Millsy alot tonight. I dont like to talk our players down but a few changes needed next week.

Agent 86
8th August 2021, 12:25 AM

You’ll be waiting a while with forward entries like we had tonight. Back to the old bomb and hope game tonight. Forward defence has been good lately, but not there tonight. Can’t remember too many tackles inside 50 (apart from Dunstan who basically tackled himself). Saints probably had 20? They just beat us at our own game.

Ludwig
8th August 2021, 12:31 AM
The game was a jumper swap. STK played like I expected the Swans to play and vice versa.

My condolences to you and your family Wardy.

Agent 86
8th August 2021, 12:34 AM
Beauty of this year is that every team is having a crack. The bottom 4 all want to win and there are 5 teams still trying to get into the finals. Makes for very competitive football.

Yes, no easy games to be had (well, apart from the Eagles).

No idea who’ll we’ll be up against in the first final with last few spots still wide open.

TheBloods
8th August 2021, 12:38 AM
Reid and Wicks were so poor. Stephens disappointing , i have defended him but if thats what he serves up after months in the 2s playing for his spot then that could be telling . Rowbottom embarrassing , Florent's kicking was so poor and who was on Higgins ? No one apparently . Hickey also a worry atm