PDA

View Full Version : Swans chat Your Ideal Finals MVP

Goal Sneak
11th August 2021, 10:27 PM
If you could nominate one Swan to play a blinder in all of our upcoming finals games (assuming we play more than one), who would it be and why? Who would improve the team the most by playing at their best?

I'm going with Heeney. His best is elite and I'd like to see him cut loose and absolutely rip a few teams apart. If Isaac could perform at his best consistently across all games, we'd be much harder to stop.

i'm-uninformed2
11th August 2021, 10:42 PM
Great call. 20 possessions, 3 goal final games for Heeney, we’re firing.

(I bet ‘someone’ goes Chad though).

Industrial Fan
11th August 2021, 10:52 PM
Florent

I feel he’s our barometer but Heeney / Pap close behind.

KSAS
11th August 2021, 10:52 PM
Be huge for our chances if Heeney were to really cut loose! However i suspect based on.form, our MVP will cone from.Dawson, Parker or Mills. Warner as my left field choice as he appears the type not to be over awed by the big stage.

TheBloods
11th August 2021, 11:06 PM
Dawson , he plays well we win end of

11th August 2021, 11:12 PM
Rowbottom ... to see RWO go into meltdown

Maltopia
12th August 2021, 12:06 AM
Buddy - get to 1000 goals and get the premiership with us at last after joining us almost ten years ago.

To get a 50/50 with the umpires would be so amazing in a big finals series, instead of seeing him getting mauled and hit in the head (eg by the Hawks in the 2014 GF) with no call.

He might even decide to retire after such a great outing and what a way to end a career.

dejavoodoo44
12th August 2021, 12:40 AM
A bit unlikely, but lately, Hayward has been reminding me of Nick Davis: so perhaps he has a Nick Davis game in him.

liz
12th August 2021, 01:50 AM
Heeney, because the role he plays requires the team as a whole to be playing pretty well for his talents and contributions to come to the fore. So if he’s our MVP, chances are we’ve done ok.

Bangalore Swans
12th August 2021, 07:25 AM
Chad.

Potential to bust open a quarter in a tight game. Couple of powerful line breaking centre clearances and two goals streaming out of the centre square.

Also picture him teaming up with Blakey and J-Mac out of defence and running the ball at the opposition, creating space, overlap and open forward lines.

If the opposition has the ball within 10 - 15 metres of Chad you know that he loves the body contact and will look to hit them hard.

Chad is an imperative in this week. Two weeks to work his way into line busting form.

SwanSand
12th August 2021, 07:28 AM
Buddy - get to 1000 goals and get the premiership with us at last after joining us almost ten years ago.

To get a 50/50 with the umpires would be so amazing in a big finals series, instead of seeing him getting mauled and hit in the head (eg by the Hawks in the 2014 GF) with no call.

He might even decide to retire after such a great outing and what a way to end a career.

I am hoping Buddy is not close to his 1000 in a crunch match. Don’t want the younger players bombing the ball to him every time so that he can get to 1000.

Want 4 players to have blinders - Heeney, Dawson, Gulden, Blakey. But if I have to choose one, I think Heeneys extraordinary courageous acts lifts the entire team like no other.

RogueSwan
12th August 2021, 12:08 PM
Parker - if he has won the MVP it (hopefully) means he, and the team he leads, are dominating in the middle and we are getting the ball to our quality kickers and dominating inside 50s :smile:

Matty10
12th August 2021, 09:33 PM

There would be something really satisfying about seeing this happen - it would also completely kill an annoying argument that has gone on for far too long. It has been really enjoyable watching Buddy play for the Swans (more than I thought it would be initially). But it would be even better to see him play a blinder finals series that helps us get a premiership.

Nico
12th August 2021, 09:37 PM
Mills is our engine room.