PDA

View Full Version : Swans chat Swans off-field (finances, facilities etc)

neilfws
8th December 2021, 04:31 PM
‘Debt free’: A year after losing $6m, the Swans are off the AFL drip (https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/debt-free-a-year-after-losing-6m-the-swans-are-off-the-afl-drip-20211203-p59elt.html)

mcs
8th December 2021, 04:41 PM
Couple of news snippets.

Player numbers for 2022: 2022 Guernsey Numbers Confirmed (https://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/1038512/2022-guernsey-numbers-confirmed)

and

‘Debt free’: A year after losing $6m, the Swans are off the AFL drip (https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/debt-free-a-year-after-losing-6m-the-swans-are-off-the-afl-drip-20211203-p59elt.html)

This is a great outcome, and aligns with the messaging that we were tracking better then we had hoped that surrounded the announcement of the restart of the new facilities project next door to the SCG. So really good news.

Aprilbr
8th December 2021, 09:00 PM
This is a great outcome, and aligns with the messaging that we were tracking better then we had hoped that surrounded the announcement of the restart of the new facilities project next door to the SCG. So really good news.I think the quick turnaround in our financial fortunes and the re-establshment of the new training facility are very important and pleasing developments. Also, not being dependant on special assistance from the AFL provides us with greater flexibility and autonomy.

9th December 2021, 08:43 AM
Great result, now free of AFL oversight on our financial decisions.

Thanks to everyone who didn't ask for their membership to be refunded this season, those die hard supporters can feel very pleased with their decision on hearing that news.

KSAS
9th December 2021, 09:04 AM
Great result, now free of AFL oversight on our financial decisions.

Thanks to everyone who didn't ask for their membership to be refunded this season, those die hard supporters can feel very pleased with their decision on hearing that news.
+1 Would like to think it played a significant part.

Aprilbr
9th December 2021, 09:09 AM
I see that our CEO has another member zoom forum organised for next Tuesday. Unfortunately, I will miss it due to being away on holidays but hopefully others on here will tune in. I would imagine the new training facility plus finances will be some areas of discussion.

mcs
9th December 2021, 09:32 AM
I think the quick turnaround in our financial fortunes and the re-establshment of the new training facility are very important and pleasing developments. Also, not being dependant on special assistance from the AFL provides us with greater flexibility and autonomy.

Absolutely agree - fantastic progress. I really feared if we had another big loss year like last year that we would be really set back badly. While I would expect finances remain exceptionally tight (and will do for some time), its really pleasing. I expect there will be a big campaign from the foundation towards donations for the new facility to come in 2022, but exciting times for the club, with AFLW to come as well (clap)