PDA

View Full Version : Swans chat Lakeside Oval 1978

KSAS
19th February 2022, 06:39 AM
Found this short YouTube footage of the Lakeside Oval showing the wooden grandstand and outer scoreboard. Think it's a scene from the tv show Cop Shop edited with tune "Lakeside" from Australian Crawl. Very cool!

P.S. I think this would've been a good pre-match sing along if we were still playing there in another universe!

Lakeside, Lakeside, Lakeside Oval 1978. - YouTube (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7zxHvJWiU5w)

Sandridge
19th February 2022, 09:20 AM
Thank goodness that grandstand is still there, although slightly different now.

Blood Fever
19th February 2022, 09:35 AM
Found this short YouTube footage of the Lakeside Oval showing the wooden grandstand and outer scoreboard. Think it's a scene from the tv show Cop Shop edited with tune "Lakeside" from Australian Crawl. Very cool!

P.S. I think this would've been a good pre-match sing along if we were still playing there in another universe!

Lakeside, Lakeside, Lakeside Oval 1978. - YouTube (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7zxHvJWiU5w)

South Melbourne Cricket club bar in the footage. Produced a lot of test cricketers - Hassett, Redpath, Johnson, Connolly, Nash, Meckiff, Miller, Armstrong amongst them. Now Casey-Sth Melbourne

chuckie
19th February 2022, 10:59 AM
Those were the days all we need now is the fountain with lions heads plus the cockatoo oh the memories

Blood Fever
19th February 2022, 04:18 PM
Those were the days all we need now is the fountain with lions heads plus the cockatoo oh the memories

Cockatoo etched in my memory as a young child. When it started dropping the magic word too often around women and kids, bar attendant would put a blanket over the cage to shut it up. Early sixties I reckon.

Scottee
19th February 2022, 05:00 PM
Cockatoo etched in my memory as a young child. When it started dropping the magic word too often around women and kids, bar attendant would put a blanket over the cage to shut it up. Early sixties I reckon.Ditto.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Tapatalk