PDA

View Full Version : AFLW General Commentary After Round 1

Meg
29th August 2022, 05:58 PM
Round 1 in the 2022 season, with all AFL clubs now represented, has already generated plenty of excitement. One article attached below.

I have been watching from time-to-time since the AFLW comp first started. The growth in skill levels and footy IQ has been exceptional. Our Swans’ team standard was far superior to that of other clubs in their early years. The fact we were soundly beaten on Sat is a mark of the growth of the comp.

“Perhaps one of the most touching sights was the Sydney Swans' welcome to North Sydney Oval; first mobbed by fans as they entered the stadium and then welcomed onto the ground by the men's team, who formed a guard of honour for the players.”

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-08-29/aflw-round-one-review-18-teams-essendon-hawthorne-sophie-locke/101380944

Mel_C
29th August 2022, 08:46 PM
I think we did well to kick 4 goals. Geelong and Richmond only kicked a total of 3 goals.

I loved seeing photos of the men's team forming a guard of honour as the women ran onto the ground. They really seem excited for the women's team. There has been criticism of the Essendon men's team going on an overseas footy trip instead of staying and watching the debut of their women's team.