PDA

View Full Version : Swans chat Taylor Adams

MattW
21st March 2024, 08:56 PM
Trained today; see last photo of this set: https://www.instagram.com/p/C4wPg3nLEhH/?igsh=cmMwcDJweTd2bmhq.

MattW
9th June 2024, 09:35 AM
I've quickly grown to like Taylor, and there are some lovely quotes here, particularly re John at the end:

Ultimate success front of mind for new Swan to erase Pies flag pain - Ultimate success front of mind for new Sydney Swan Taylor Adams to erase Collingwood Magpies premiership pain (https://www.afl.com.au/news/1146468).

liz
9th June 2024, 09:53 AM
It's an odd article in a few ways. It feels like it's been edited at some point, because it talks about the abilities of Warner, Gulden and Rowbottom and then says they were the best five trainers during the pre-season. Not amongst the best five trainers, but THE best five trainers. So who were the other two best-five-trainers.

I also wonder about Adams talking so much - not just this article, but pretty much every time something is written about him - about missing out on last year's premiership. I understand that it must be difficult for players in that situation, but it happens every year. And he was injured, not omitted. It just happens.

MattW
9th June 2024, 12:21 PM
It's an odd article in a few ways. It feels like it's been edited at some point, because it talks about the abilities of Warner, Gulden and Rowbottom and then says they were the best five trainers during the pre-season. Not amongst the best five trainers, but THE best five trainers. So who were the other two best-five-trainers.

I also wonder about Adams talking so much - not just this article, but pretty much every time something is written about him - about missing out on last year's premiership. I understand that it must be difficult for players in that situation, but it happens every year. And he was injured, not omitted. It just happens.

Re the premiership comments, I assume he gets questions about it which he answers honestly.

Aprilbr
9th June 2024, 02:42 PM

I also wonder about Adams talking so much - not just this article, but pretty much every time something is written about him - about missing out on last year's premiership. I understand that it must be difficult for players in that situation, but it happens every year. And he was injured, not omitted. It just happens.In reality, he was an important part of their premiership side as he played most of the season. I feel sad for him that he does not feel part of that premiership because he missed the big game.

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk

Mel_C
9th June 2024, 03:02 PM
I think Adams was also disappointed with the lack of communication from the coach.

stevoswan
9th June 2024, 09:26 PM
Re the premiership comments, I assume he gets questions about it which he answers honestly.

I agree.....I enjoyed the article and my only thought was that I hope he gets his fantasy finish because that will mean we have won the flag. I for one will be wrapped for him.

MattW
9th June 2024, 09:46 PM
I agree.....I enjoyed the article and my only thought was that I hope he gets his fantasy finish because that will mean we have won the flag. I for one will be wrapped for him.Me too, mate.

Sent from my SM-A346E using Tapatalk

troyjones2525
10th June 2024, 02:29 AM
I agree too, however while I don't think he'll get dropped, particularly in finals, I really hope he steps up his game a bit as he has just been OK this year so far, and we still have Mills and Parker waiting in the wings...

Sent from my SM-F936B using Tapatalk

Captain
10th June 2024, 08:47 AM
Going to be interesting come crunch time if we have no injuries. I have Parker ahead of Adams.

troyjones2525
10th June 2024, 10:58 AM
Going to be interesting come crunch time if we have no injuries. I have Parker ahead of Adams.I do too. But I don't think the coaches will leave him out of the side, considering what happened to him last year.

BRS328
10th June 2024, 11:23 AM
Either one would be a pretty handy in the sub role.

troyjones2525
10th June 2024, 11:30 AM
Either one would be a pretty handy in the sub role.Yeah i think that may be what it comes down to if we stay healthy.