PDA

View Full Version : Australian article re tribunal this week

Go Swannies
11th May 2004, 10:37 AM
Here's a couple of relevant bits from an article in The Australian today. Most relates to the Pies-Blues melee (that's a fun word to write).

The extract:

Tomorrow night West Coast defender Kasey Green faces the serious charge of kicking.

He was yesterday cited on video evidence for kicking Melbourne's Cameron Bruce in the last quarter at the MCG on Sunday.

The entourage of players fronting the tribunal on the next two nights takes this year's tally of charges to 58.

At the corresponding time last year the tribunal had heard 49 cases against players, including 18 melee charges from a quarter-time incident between St Kilda and the Western Bulldogs in round six.

Sydney is the only club this year that so far has not had a player called before the tribunal.

Schneidergirl
11th May 2004, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Go Swannies
Sydney is the only club this year that so far has not had a player called before the tribunal.

Let's leave it like this! :)

It's also very fair considering we don't have a single dirty player at the Swans.... something to be proud of.

Barry Schneider
11th May 2004, 11:49 AM
Let's go the biff.Being nice isn't working.St Kilda have opened a branch office at the tribunal and they are unbeaten.

Go Swannies
11th May 2004, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Barry Schneider
Let's go the biff.Being nice isn't working.St Kilda have opened a branch office at the tribunal and they are unbeaten.

The trouble is that Bazza is most likely to deck Pebbles or Saddo the next time they spoil one of his marks!

I was going to single out Bazza when I posted this but decided it wasn't necessary. I hope he's more satisfied with his personal development - and respect - since he joined the Swans than thinking what could have been if he'd stayed at the Aints.

NMWBloods
11th May 2004, 12:16 PM

Maybe they just haven't been close enough to their players to do anything. It's a bit hard to hit your opponent when they are on the other side of the ground finding space!!

;)

Schneidergirl
11th May 2004, 12:20 PM
The trouble is that Bazza is most likely to deck Pebbles or Saddo the next time they spoil one of his marks!

Too true!!!

At the Dons game he looked sooooooo p!ssed off when Pebbles took a mark that he went for.

Barry is doing V well though!

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE a bit of biff at the footy... as long as we don't start kicking heads and smearing blood ;)

Go Swannies
11th May 2004, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by NMWBloods
Maybe they just haven't been close enough to their players to do anything. It's a bit hard to hit your opponent when they are on the other side of the ground finding space!!

;)

I think that is is the first time I've laughed about footy this week. Thanks for that.

Incidentally, I think we may sit near each other at the SCG. I'm at O'Reilly Concourse. You?

barry
11th May 2004, 01:49 PM

I was going to single out Bazza when I posted this but decided it wasn't necessary. I hope he's more satisfied with his personal development - and respect - since he joined the Swans than thinking what could have been if he'd stayed at the Aints.

The Aints aint done nothing yet. Bazza's played in a prelim in Sydney. He's well ahead in football acheivements with the move.

BTW, I think the pies are a very good bet this week to upset the Aints. Two big games the aints have played. It only takes a Rocca day out, and its a big upset.

NMWBloods
11th May 2004, 01:49 PM
I think that is is the first time I've laughed about footy this week. Thanks for that.

Pleasure! :)

Incidentally, I think we may sit near each other at the SCG. I'm at O'Reilly Concourse. You?

'Fraid not - I don't live in Sydney any longer.

Go Swannies
11th May 2004, 02:05 PM

'Fraid not - I don't live in Sydney any longer.

Good. There's a bloke that sits near me with the same first initial as you who is also keen on stats.

And he spends every minute of every game slagging Bazza. That's the bit that's getting very tiring.

liz
11th May 2004, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by barry

BTW, I think the pies are a very good bet this week to upset the Aints. Two big games the aints have played. It only takes a Rocca day out, and its a big upset.

That would be the biggest upset in several seasons if it happened. I know we're all waiting to see a chink in the Saints' armour but so far they have taken on two of the biggest challenges - playing Brisbane anywhere and playing a reasonably inform Freo over in Perth - and have come away with their heads held high.

The Pies, on the other hand, will be without Buckley, Burns, Fraser, almost certainly Holland (courtesy of the tribunal), while Tarrant is only so-so at the moment. I reckon a 100+ point victory to the Saints is more likely than the Pies winning.

Go Swannies
11th May 2004, 03:08 PM
Lizz,

Of course on form the Aints should win by 100 plus. But last year who picked them to beat the Lions at the Gabba? They have to lose one game, don't they - so for each round, the upset becomes increasingly likely. And this year is even more unpredictable than most. Who'd have thought the Crows would beat Port, that Carlton would thrash the Pies, that Richmond would beat the Swans. . . Oh no, now the tears are welling up again.

NMWBloods
11th May 2004, 03:27 PM
And he spends every minute of every game slagging Bazza. That's the bit that's getting very tiring.

Ha - I rarely bag the big man!!

NMWBloods
11th May 2004, 03:31 PM
Lizz,

Of course on form the Aints should win by 100 plus. But last year who picked them to beat the Lions at the Gabba?

No one because they didn't play there. They did beat them at Telstra Dome though.

Go Swannies
11th May 2004, 03:46 PM
No one because they didn't play there. They did beat them at Telstra Dome though.

Perfectly right - Round 11. A brain spasm by me.