PDA

View Full Version : West Coast v Sydney

Go Swannies
14th May 2004, 12:36 PM
It's easy to dislike Rex Hunt
(The Hun)

West Coast v Sydney

ASHLEY Sampi did what kids dream of doing every time they play kick to kick.

So where does Rexy rate the mark? That's easy as it's the best I've ever seen.

Yes, better than SOS, better than Jezza and better than YAAAABBBLLEEETTT.

Actually, looking back YAAAABBBLLEEETTT's wasn't a mark, even if I did call it the grab of the century at the time.

It's all theatre of course. Back to the footy, where the West Coast needs to win to keep a finals campaign a reality.

And they will win at home as Sydney is a shadow of its 2003 self.

As for Brownlow medallist Goodes, he's as flat as a night carter's hat.

EAGLES BY 12

timtayla
14th May 2004, 12:46 PM
Sampi mark was great. but rex don't like sydney anyway so who cares. remember when he bag cressa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All i will say

Go Swannies
14th May 2004, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by timtayla
Sampi mark was great. but rex don't like sydney anyway so who cares. remember when he bag cressa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All i will say

You're right. I forgot that was Rex. I guess we have to thank him for giving us the enduring memory of Cressa holding out his Swans colours in defiance.

That's a nice balance to the indelible hammering-kneecap scene that was well rated as about the toughest moment in AFL over on Big Footy recently.

NMWBloods
14th May 2004, 02:16 PM
Rex Hunt gives me the @@@@@s as it's hard to pick up any football in amongst all his theatrics.

However, with respect to his two comments on the Swans, it's hard to disagree.

"And they will win at home as Sydney is a shadow of its 2003 self.

As for Brownlow medallist Goodes, he's as flat as a night carter's hat."

Thunder Shaker
14th May 2004, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Go Swannies

As for Brownlow medallist Goodes, he's as flat as a night carter's hat.

I bet "night carter" is being used by Rexy as an analogy because Rexy is still being visited by a night carter. I wonder if Rex has electricity where he lives?

Go Swannies
14th May 2004, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by NMWBloods
"And they will win at home as Sydney is a shadow of its 2003 self.

Last year our three in a row loss was to Freo, Crows and Hawks. This year it's the Dees, Dons and Tigers. Shadow or twin?

NMWBloods
14th May 2004, 03:24 PM
A few differences to last year. By this stage we were already on a positive trajectory. We were coming off the previous year when we hadn't done particularly well, so the early part of 2003 was not surprisingly mixed. This year we have come off a good year and so we are underperforming relative to last year.

penga
14th May 2004, 04:06 PM
didnt we win 6 out of our last 8 games at the end of 2002???
leading into 2003 - with some fair form

at the end of 2003 we won 4 out of 8 games - not a particularly good indicator for good form

NMWBloods
14th May 2004, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by penga
didnt we win 6 out of our last 8 games at the end of 2002???
leading into 2003 - with some fair form

We won 6 of our last 10 under Roos, although some of those weren't stellar opponents. Also remember we were with a new coach in a true honeymoon period, so the indicators are not always particularly strong in that case.

In 2004 we were coming off a preliminary final finish, only a quarter away from a GF berth.

Bit of a difference I think.