PDA

View Full Version : Swans can turn it around: Bolton

Go Swannies
20th May 2004, 03:35 PM
Swans can turn it around: Bolton
10:04:10 AM Thu 20 May, 2004
Karen Collins
Sportal

Sydney's Jude Bolton says the club can turn around its dismal form of the last few weeks, despite opposition teams apparently working out the side?s successful game plan from last season.

?Our run from half-back has been stifled a little bit and that has caused us to not give our forwards enough opportunity but if we can generate a bit more possession rate through the midfield then we will be right,? Bolton said.

Last year?s third in the best-and-fairest believes Sydney can win their next three (home) matches against Hawthorn on Sunday then Western Bulldogs and St. Kilda.

?Our ability to create a contest (has been missing lately) and just our work rate hasn?t been fantastic and we have just been playing really patchy football.

?I think there has been a little bit of a drop in confidence (among the players) and I suppose that does come with losing four games. We are results based and you come under a lot more scrutiny when you are not winning games.

?(But) we have dissected the (West Coast) game and gone through it.

?We have gone through every piece and analyzed each other I suppose a bit more and it comes down to the individual as well and the way we can contribute to the games.?

footyhead
21st May 2004, 12:24 AM
The problem with all this talk talk talk, this is wrong, that is wrong, that is right, we need this we need that... is : if they don't start regularly winning, then they put even more pressure on themselves.

penga
21st May 2004, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by footyhead
The problem with all this talk talk talk, this is wrong, that is wrong, that is right, we need this we need that... is : if they don't start regularly winning, then they put even more pressure on themselves.

what would u rather them to do, say "we are a happy team in sydney, everything is rosy"???? :rolleyes:

mate, u just can never be satisfied can ya

footyhead
21st May 2004, 12:21 PM
Just a little focus and quite (yes QUITE) determination till we win the big one would satisfy me. Then I don't care if they all turn into Aka Daka overnight. It just seems to me that everytime they come out with a big article about how great they are, or will be or were last year but will be again shortly; they fall even further into their hole.
A little less media exposure and a little more determination and effort on the trac would satisfy me a whole lot.

TheHood
21st May 2004, 12:27 PM
Just a little focus and quite (yes QUITE) determination till we win the big one would satisfy me. Then I don't care if they all turn into Aka Daka overnight. It just seems to me that everytime they come out with a big article about how great they are, or will be or were last year but will be again shortly; they fall even further into their hole.
A little less media exposure and a little more determination and effort on the trac would satisfy me a whole lot.

Never heard of "QUITE" determination before. Please explain??

penga
21st May 2004, 02:15 PM

so then how do we spread the word about footy, in a non-footy state, if there is no media coverage?