PDA

View Full Version : Tv Coverage

dawson
15th June 2004, 09:21 PM
This Saturday afternoon in Sydney there is no live game by Channel 10.

Does anyone know why that is the case?

NMWBloods
15th June 2004, 11:01 PM
Because there are no games...

dawson
16th June 2004, 12:02 AM
What about Geelong vs Brisbane?

NMWBloods
16th June 2004, 01:03 AM
Ah yes - good point - I was thinking it was a bye (because it is for us) rather than a split round. I don't know why - seems rather strange. FoxFooty have it live and Ch 10 does in Brisbane only.

You do get to watch "Leave It to Beaver" though!! :rolleyes:

;)

Damien
16th June 2004, 10:05 AM
Channel 10 are only allowed two games a round under their contract and have chosen our game the following weekend, and the Richmond game.

Brisbane will not get the Swans game on FTA due to 10 picking up the Brisbane game from Fox Footy this weekend for that market.

NMWBloods
16th June 2004, 11:01 AM
Thought it might be something like that, but really wasn't sure of the details - that was why there was no Sat game last weekend because they took Melb v Coll.

dawson
16th June 2004, 11:42 AM
Thanks for explaining that.

Forgot about the game on Monday.

ScottH
17th June 2004, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by NMWBloods
Ah yes - good point - I was thinking it was a bye (because it is for us) rather than a split round. I don't know why - seems rather strange. FoxFooty have it live and Ch 10 does in Brisbane only.

You do get to watch "Leave It to Beaver" though!! :rolleyes:

;)

Thought you were joking about "Leave it to Beaver" Then I read the TV guide in the paper last night and there it was Ch 10 Sat afternoon. Well happy viewing everybody. haha

Bleed Red Blood
18th June 2004, 05:26 PM
Rap was quite good when it really took off in the 80s and early 90s. Now it really is crap, particularly all the gangsta rubbish. It seems now every second talentless (usually black) person thinks he/she is a rapper.

I quite agree with this, but you are confusing hip-hop with rap it seems, they're are hardly any rappers who get their songs out there.If you are referring to people like Jay-Z and Usher that is who think they are rappers.

What about:

Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five - The Message
Run-DMC
Young MC - Busta Move
MC Hammer
CnC Music Factory
Arrested Development

A lot more hip-hop and funk influence, thus giving it a better rhythm.

The gangsta stuff really took off with Dr Dre, and now over 90% of it is abysmal.

Very nice list you put together there NMW, particularly MC Hammer - Please Hammer, Don't hurt em.

Originally posted by hemsleys
oooohhhh I'm scared.

I thought RAP was invented to serve those without any musical talent.

You should be scared, I'm one of those talentless rappers with lots of gangsta friends to beat you up, have you checked the children?

ScottH
18th June 2004, 09:21 PM
Kids!!! You can have them,!!! :D ;)

anyway I'll speak my mate carl williams. If he's not in jail by now that is. LOL

Bleed Red Blood
18th June 2004, 09:30 PM
Kids!!! You can have them,!!! :D ;)

anyway I'll speak my mate carl williams. If he's not in jail by now that is. LOL

No thanks, I'd rather lead a life while I've got it, reading, watching Buffy and Tru Calling (one hour!) and well studying:(

As for Carl, have you spoken to him lately? He isn't happy.(Should be moved to Wild M)

ScottH
19th June 2004, 09:39 PM
So did we all enjoy Leave it to Beaver instead of the Footy? My kids did.

Bleed Red Blood
21st June 2004, 03:00 PM
So did we all enjoy Leave it to Beaver instead of the Footy? My kids did.

Yeah, it was good "okay Dad, I'll try and quit being a quitter".

Hey, it was only cause my baby brother wanted to watch it,so I kept him company.

ScottH
23rd June 2004, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by Bleed Red Blood
Yeah, it was good "okay Dad, I'll try and quit being a quitter".

Hey, it was only cause my baby brother wanted to watch it,so I kept him company.

Yeah Yeah, sure thing!!! :D