View Full Version : Fevola booked

Charlie
21st June 2004, 05:36 PM
For the Brown incident.

I reckon one week.

:)

Dave
21st June 2004, 05:40 PM
I guess we will now get to see how important he is to the side.

By the way Ayres has resigned from the Crows as well.

Mark
21st June 2004, 06:01 PM
report i heard said 'sacked', either way he is gone. I am not suprised unlike him to play Smart on compassion grounds (although i like the sentiment), it kind of suggested he knew it was all about to end !

Thunder Shaker
21st June 2004, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Charlie
For the Brown incident.

I reckon one week.

:) Given that Brown suffered a cut above the eye and concussion after that incident, he could easily get more than one week. I'd say two, maybe three.

To state the obvious: we're all hoping he's found guilty. It would be wonderful to have a little luck go our way for a change. :D

sharpie
21st June 2004, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Thunder Shaker
It would be wonderful to have a little luck go our way for a change. :D

As far as the tribunal goes, we have had plenty of luck this season. No guilty charges against any of our players, and some upcoming opposition guys out, e.g Tarrant.

Its the injury gods you have to pray to.

Thunder Shaker
21st June 2004, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by sharpie
Its the injury gods you have to pray to. The way the injury gods are showing their displeasure this season, forget prayer - I'm sure the injury gods demand a blood sacrifice!

Snowy
21st June 2004, 08:00 PM
Fevola looks in trouble, will probably get two minimum.

Bart
22nd June 2004, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Snowy
Fevola looks in trouble, will probably get two minimum.

I'd be suprised if he gets anything. I didn't think there was much on it

Damien
22nd June 2004, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Bart
I'd be suprised if he gets anything. I didn't think there was much on it

I thought the same thing, but I watched it this morning and he just seems to steam in with no eyes for the ball....wouldn't be suprised if he goes.

But as we know - WHO KNOWS this year!

Mike_B
22nd June 2004, 08:53 PM
Gone for 2 weeks!

robbieando
22nd June 2004, 09:03 PM
Well that certainly helps us out when we play them he would of given us nightmares. I'm more confident of beating the Blues now.

dendol
22nd June 2004, 09:08 PM
we've certainly been lucky (if you can call this luck) this year with opposition key forwards getting suspended when we play them.

Not that Im complaining, given our terrible luck on the injury front.

Grant
22nd June 2004, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Mike_B
Gone for 2 weeks!

Getting 1 week would have suited us nicely,but at least if they appeal now,they can take a week off;)

Don't know how he got 2 and Hodge only got 1 week,Hodge's looked alot worse...

anne
22nd June 2004, 09:35 PM
I don't think he will appeal as they said that only his good record stopped him getting a longer sentence.

swansrule100
22nd June 2004, 10:30 PM
just hope the swans dont back off a bit cos fevola is out..... need to go hard!

Thunder Shaker
22nd June 2004, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by swansrule100
just hope the swans dont back off a bit cos fevola is out..... need to go hard!
Yes, we need the percentage.

NMWBloods
22nd June 2004, 10:48 PM
Just the 4 points is a start...

swansrule100
22nd June 2004, 10:53 PM
i was referring more to the fact the players cant presume its easy cos fevola is out.... they need intensity like they had against the saints at all times or as close as possible to it

Dave
22nd June 2004, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by swansrule100
i was referring more to the fact the players cant presume its easy cos fevola is out

Exactly. Look at leaping Leo filling in at FB against the Saints as a prime example.

ScottH
23rd June 2004, 07:16 AM
Actually, the Blues must be due for a pumping. It has been a few weeks, since their last.

dendol
23rd June 2004, 10:08 AM
And note that their last 3 wins came against bottom 4 sides Adelaide, Hawthorn and Richmond. However, like they say, any win is a good win.

TheHood
23rd June 2004, 10:14 AM
With Lance out as well for the next six weeks, means there are less big bodies to worry about.

DeLuca is a good grab too. Reckon Goodesy on him would a match-up.

If we avoid too much injury this week, we should go in as favourites and come out the other side as victors.

ScottH
23rd June 2004, 01:24 PM
Looks like Stevens and Scotland are their main ball winners to stop from last week.

And then there is their wildcard, the Kouta Man. they might also throw in the Walker Kid who impressed on Debut.

TheHood
23rd June 2004, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by hemsleys
Looks like Stevens and Scotland are their main ball winners to stop from last week.

And then there is their wildcard, the Kouta Man. they might also throw in the Walker Kid who impressed on Debut.

Campo (not Campese) will be one to stop, Kirky would see to it.

ScottH
23rd June 2004, 01:56 PM
I didn't think he was playing all that well this year to warrant Kirks special attention. I would have thought he would get Stevens who has been pretty hot this year.

swansrule100
23rd June 2004, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by TheHood

DeLuca is a good grab too. Reckon Goodesy on him would a match-up.

deluca is rucking at the moment i think ... (my brother the carlton fan was on about someone having to ruck ) so they will be a short side when we play them unless mott or french turn up

Captain
23rd June 2004, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by hemsleys
I didn't think he was playing all that well this year to warrant Kirks special attention. I would have thought he would get Stevens who has been pretty hot this year. \

Stevens hasn't exactly done much this year.

Campo on the other hand has been on fire and needs to be stopped. Kirk on Camp for mine.

monopoly19
23rd June 2004, 03:50 PM
I reckon Kirky can handle both of them just fine.

:)

swansrule100
23rd June 2004, 03:59 PM
stevens has been pretty good since he came back....
better than harford anyway

Barry Schneider
23rd June 2004, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Captain
\

Stevens hasn't exactly done much this year.

Campo on the other hand has been on fire and needs to be stopped. Kirk on Camp for mine.

Stevens is averaging 23.1 disposals this year
Camporeale is averaging 20.4

So Stevens isn't going too badly.

swansrule100
23rd June 2004, 04:07 PM
they have a better record since he came back

NMWBloods
23rd June 2004, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by dendol
And note that their last 3 wins came against bottom 4 sides Adelaide, Hawthorn and Richmond. However, like they say, any win is a good win.

Oh well, their record is better than ours against them this year... :eek: ;)

Captain
23rd June 2004, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Barry Schneider
Stevens is averaging 23.1 disposals this year
Camporeale is averaging 20.4

So Stevens isn't going too badly.

Just because Stevens has averaged more disposals doesn't mean they are more damaging. He isn't going too badly, just not up to his potential.

Campo uses the ball extremely well (as opposed to chipping the ball around) and has that ability to kick team lifting goals.

Barry Schneider
23rd June 2004, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Captain
Just because Stevens has averaged more disposals doesn't mean they are more damaging. He isn't going too badly, just not up to his potential.

Campo uses the ball extremely well (as opposed to chipping the ball around) and has that ability to kick team lifting goals.

I was just responding to the "hasn't done much " comment nothing more.He is actually averaging more disposals so far this year than his career average of 21.1.
I too believe that an inform Camporeale is more damaging than Stevens.

Captain
23rd June 2004, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Barry Schneider
I was just responding to the "hasn't done much " comment nothing more.He is actually averaging more disposals so far this year than his career average of 21.1.
I too believe that an inform Camporeale is more damaging than Stevens.

Fair enough.

The 'hasn't done much' comment refered to his form this year compared to last.