PDA

View Full Version : Carlton president

timr
23rd June 2004, 09:23 PM
Quote from today's Herald Sun:

--- Carlton president Ian Collins said it might be unfair that the Pies and Swans clashed just once a year. As the fixture falls in Round 13, the teams can meet only once a season as teams play only the sides they meet in Rounds 1-7 twice.

"If you are having an even draw over a period of time, then at some stage Collingwood should play the Swans more than once a year," Collins said. "I don't know whether that is really good for the game." ---

So presumably in the interests of the game Carlton will now give up their guaranteed twice a year games with Collingwood and Essendon.

ScottH
23rd June 2004, 09:41 PM
Yes, this will be the end of the Block Buster!!!

liz
24th June 2004, 02:11 AM
For once I agree with Collins. I reckon it's unfair that we only get one chance to smash the black and white ants.

But honestly, the draw is so compromised anyway with all these guarantees that certain teams get to play each other twice every year that complaining that two teams will only get a chance to play each other once seems a bit rich. And exactly the same observation could be made about Melbourne vs Collingwood for the long-running QB game.

swansrule100
24th June 2004, 04:23 PM
get rid of the wizard cup and play more rounds....

will be just as many matches!!!