PDA

View Full Version : EJ Whitten Legends Game

Benevolent Ert
25th June 2004, 10:51 PM
Channel 9 in Melbourne have the annual EJ Whitten Legends match on at the moment - Great to see a lot of our past champs still running around

Schwass, Lewie, Dunks, Derek Kickett, Richard Osborne, "Wokka" Capper, Nick Daffy, Dermie, Terry Daniher, "Fridge" Roberts, and of course RWO's own Luffy are the ex-Swannies I've noticed out there so far.

The Wiz - in typical Capper style - took a mark then took the jumper off to take the shot at goal

anniswan
25th June 2004, 10:54 PM
yeah I thought it was my imagination there was a lot of ex swans there, I jut kept counting. Do we have the most on the field
AS

CureTheSane
26th June 2004, 12:02 AM
Yeah, me too

Kickett, Ozzy etc.

Got a bit sick of them bagging Dermie and Darren Berry though.
started to get boring.
Billy was great though :D

swansrule100
26th June 2004, 12:32 PM
kickett is still highly skilled!!!

lewis was great except he doesnt know how to shoot for goals

Benevolent Ert
26th June 2004, 01:03 PM
Lewie kicked about 1.6 - and one OOF but got plenty of the ball - and could've been BOG if he'd actually kicked straight!
He was wearing a pair of hideous comoured rainbow boots that the commontators were blaming for his kicking.

Kickett played well as did Luffy.
The Wiz was more interested in prancing around like a show pony instead of playing football

spotted Bernard Toohey out there at the end as well - another Swans man

swansrule100
26th June 2004, 01:09 PM
luffy was close to BOG IMHO.

capper is an idiot. I thought it was good to watch though. Though id get rid of the tv people playing. Who wants to watch russell gilbert play.

A very good night though i thought... neither eddie or sam were there.. must be the first time ever

The Boot
26th June 2004, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by swansrule100
luffy was close to BOG IMHO.
Well he's still playing regularly, so that keeps the skill level up.

capper is an idiot. I thought it was good to watch though. Though id get rid of the tv people playing. Who wants to watch russell gilbert play.
I have hounded my brother in melbourne through the week to tape this, and to my horror see it was replayed early this morning on NOYNE here in Sidders. Bugger! Also, does anyone know if the SlowDown at Optus on Sunday is on Fox for example? If so, will have to contact my cable friends.

NMWBloods
26th June 2004, 03:32 PM
Lewis' game presented in a nutshell what he was like at the Swans - brilliant one minute, hopeless the next!

Nico
26th June 2004, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by NMWBloods
Lewis' game presented in a nutshell what he was like at the Swans - brilliant one minute, hopeless the next!

He has improved one aspect of his game. His slice off his left foot is even greater than ever. But he did mark and kick that vital goal in the 1996 PF. That forgave any prior and later sins.

Grant
26th June 2004, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Nico
He has improved one aspect of his game. His slice off his left foot is even greater than ever. But he did mark and kick that vital goal in the 1996 PF. That forgave any prior and later sins.

Hear hear,i'll drink to that

Charlie
26th June 2004, 06:49 PM
Luffy, mate, you let me down.

You had a GREAT chance to decapitate Libba for us, and not get suspended!