PDA

View Full Version : Black Arm Band reason

Damien
28th June 2004, 03:12 PM
Extract from:

http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=157067

"But despite all the smiles after the siren on the Sydney players and coaching staff, there were also some very heavy hearts.

The match - where the players wore black armbands - was dedicated to the club's long-serving strapper, Wally Jackson, whose wife, Clare, died during the week.

"Wally has been around for years and he is a bit of a character around the club," Hall said.

"Obviously tragic what has happened and we certainly spoke about it before the game that we had to do it for Wally and how tough he doing it and we are only out there for two hours and if we can't cope with a high pressure game for two hours you can imagine what he is going through."

Triple B
28th June 2004, 03:20 PM
Interesting, Wally was certainly there. Head trainer.

I noticed on the replay him and Roosey having a good old belly laugh on the field after the game. The commentators noted Rooseys cheery nature with a club trainer.

Makes some sense now, although knowing Wally, he is just a good bloke with an infectious kind of good nature who has been around for a good while now.

The Boot
29th June 2004, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by BBB
Interesting, Wally was certainly there. Head trainer.

I noticed on the replay him and Roosey having a good old belly laugh on the field after the game. The commentators noted Rooseys cheery nature with a club trainer.

Makes some sense now, although knowing Wally, he is just a good bloke with an infectious kind of good nature who has been around for a good while now.

I love old people. **** I'm 48 myself (gasp) ... ok, RWOers you should all make it a mission to help, assist, support, aid and protect anyone in that age category - no questions asked!!

And when it's club stars like Wally .. double it, triple it!! Or you'll have me to answer to.