PDA

View Full Version : Tadhg's consecutive clangers....

j s
3rd July 2004, 11:05 PM
.....real doozies weren't they?

Don't think I've seen him do consecutive clangers before - madeup for it later though

NMWBloods
3rd July 2004, 11:15 PM
In one game early last year he made three in the space of a minute!!

Mike_B
3rd July 2004, 11:26 PM
I was yelling at the TV, especially when that was followed up by Willo's mis-bounce. Thought our day was really gone with those 3 incidents, but we managed to claw it back.

I must say though, we haven't really had our one weekly absolute clanger from a kick in much this year, so today definitely made up for it.

Barry Schneider
3rd July 2004, 11:32 PM
O'Keefe had a beauty just before 3/4 time which ended up with Fevola having a shot at goal which he fortunately missed.
You were pretty quick.I meant Kouta. he he

NMWBloods
3rd July 2004, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Barry Schneider
O'Keefe had a beauty just before 3/4 time which ended up with Fevola having a shot at goal which he fortunately missed.

Wow - that must have been a poor kick if it went to Fevola...!! ;)

Schneidergirl
4th July 2004, 11:48 AM
His goal was a beauty though

Nico
4th July 2004, 10:42 PM
He is a bit of a worry at the moment. He seems to have lost some poise or is up himself after such a good year last year.

Some of his errors make him look a real goose of the competition. He would have to be up with the top bloopers of the season.

barry
4th July 2004, 10:57 PM
The kick off the ground was a real Gaelic football move. Obviously his instincts still are in his gaelic roots.

He is playing alright though. When Shauble comes back, he will be freed up even more.

JF_Bay22_SCG
4th July 2004, 11:15 PM
Her cousins over from Ireland were over for the game and even joined us as Papa Ginos for a chat.

You could see they were just beaming with pride and excitement about everything.

Great to meet such friendly cheery people at the footy.

JF

liz
5th July 2004, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by Nico
He is a bit of a worry at the moment. He seems to have lost some poise or is up himself after such a good year last year.

Some of his errors make him look a real goose of the competition. He would have to be up with the top bloopers of the season.

He didn't lack for poise last week when he nailed that shot from 50m. Nor yesterday when he snapped a very nice goal.

I think he is still struggling for fitness a bit after being restricted in the amount of training he was able to do until recently.

And he's always made the odd blooper or two - but then most of the team graces us with these and he doesn't do it any more often than most. I think it's just that when he does them they look quite "spectacular".

Go Swannies
5th July 2004, 09:24 AM
Let's just hope that at practice this week they learn how to not kick too long (over the heads of our forwards) and handball too short.

While Tiger and others made basic skill errors, did you notice just how good The Captain was every time he got the ball - and not just his goal, either?

TheHood
5th July 2004, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by lizz
He didn't lack for poise last week when he nailed that shot from 50m. Nor yesterday when he snapped a very nice goal.

I think he is still struggling for fitness a bit after being restricted in the amount of training he was able to do until recently.

And he's always made the odd blooper or two - but then most of the team graces us with these and he doesn't do it any more often than most. I think it's just that when he does them they look quite "spectacular".

I can hack a blooper or so but I like there to be several minutes in between :p

Tadhg has been ok form. Geesh, there were some doozies out there on Saturday. Anyone else notice that when Crouchy or Willo go for that THIRD bounce during a sprint it spells doom to a forward thrust?