PDA

View Full Version : Cressa up for trade!!

EMJ
7th July 2004, 03:34 PM
Cressa swap with Jonas (Jonas's only has this year on contract) or Cressa for Longmire or whoever - I would love him as an assistant coach back here.
Modfield problem solved.

dendol
7th July 2004, 03:44 PM
as much as I'd love to see Cressa back, I think a few years away from the Swans will hold him in better stead for his coaching future. He has a chance to learn from other people, pick up different ideas, philosophies, styles of play and then fine tune it for himself. Also, he has too many close friends here still currently playing and I think that will get in the way of his effectiveness as a coach here.

Go Swannies
7th July 2004, 03:50 PM
Peter Jonas was quoted today as saying that the Crows haven't approached him and he wanted to stay at the Swans anyway.

robbieando
7th July 2004, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by dendol
as much as I'd love to see Cressa back, I think a few years away from the Swans will hold him in better stead for his coaching future. He has a chance to learn from other people, pick up different ideas, philosophies, styles of play and then fine tune it for himself. Also, he has too many close friends here still currently playing and I think that will get in the way of his effectiveness as a coach here.

Hence the reason, Cressa didn't apply for the assistant coaching position we had open at seasons end. The decision had nothing to do with the club, Cressa wanted to go elsewhere

Red
7th July 2004, 03:59 PM
If Jonas goes -- get Gary Hocking.

In fact, get Buddha anyway to replace Ross Lyons.

Bart
7th July 2004, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by janpa
Cressa swap with Jonas (Jonas's only has this year on contract) or Cressa for Longmire or whoever - I would love him as an assistant coach back here.
Modfield problem solved.

No. Not ATM. Cressa was the joker in the bunch and would be too close to too many players. Would be too hard to get the level of professional respect required from mates IMO. However, would love to see him bakc one day. Depends though what his ambitions are. Never really thought of him as senior coach material, but seems to be going well at the Cats.

Kallias
7th July 2004, 04:37 PM
Cressa spoke at the Round 3 after match and said he's keen to come back to Driver Avenue to coach one day.

7th July 2004, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Go Swannies
Peter Jonas was quoted today as saying that the Crows haven't approached him and he wanted to stay at the Swans anyway.
I understand the sentiment for Cressa but Peter Jonas seems have made a profound impact on our younger players. Their developments seem to progress quite nicely. Why would we want to change if Peter is willing to stay???

liz
7th July 2004, 06:19 PM
I reckon Newbie and Dendol have collectively hit the nail on the head - Jonas seems to be a great asset at the moment, and Cressa's time to return to the Swans is a few years off.

blinddog
8th July 2004, 12:58 AM
Jonas was a great player - but injury prone, played for SA 7 or 8 times and was named all Australian. Really between being injury prone (I believe broke his leg twice and arm once) and from SA a perfect fit.

sharp9
8th July 2004, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by blinddog
Jonas was a great player - but injury prone, played for SA 7 or 8 times and was named all Australian. Really between being injury prone (I believe broke his leg twice and arm once) and from SA a perfect fit. Jonas has announced that he wants to be at the Swans next year. he has endorsed Craig as Adelaide coach.....I think that the small fact of "Adelaide haven't contacted me" might have had something to do with this announcement!