PDA

View Full Version : Schuable

barry
10th July 2004, 11:40 PM
Look good in my opinion.

Sure he only played half a game, and the conditions suited backmen, but he was sharp and timed his leaps well.
Another game or two under his belt and he should be back to his best.

Schnieder also looked better than last week, but still some way off.

ugg
10th July 2004, 11:44 PM
His spoiling was topnotch, and doesn't seem to have missed a beat. A welcome return to the defence, which allows players like CBolton to be freed up, as he did tonight.

His hair is stating to grey a bit though, must have been watching all those close matches the past few weeks :D

Mike_B
10th July 2004, 11:45 PM
Agree about Schauble, and most importantly, he didn't get injured. I noticed that as soon as he came on, he told Craig Bolton to push up the ground which is where can he definitely add value for us.

IMHO Schneider's brain is still getting used to the speed of senior footy again - when he's got his touch, he would have a shot with no hesitation in the situation he had tonight where he was caught holding the ball. He is hesitant and looking for options at the moment rather than backing himself like he has done through his career so far.

Thought Goodes was still loose on his man, but managed to cover that thanks to some delivery from Adelaide that didn't exactly favour themselves, but he was still good at the contest and made a number of good, well-timed spoils.

Charlie
10th July 2004, 11:48 PM
Schauble should play next week.

Schneider probably shouldn't. He's simply not fit enough.

NMWBloods
10th July 2004, 11:50 PM
It was great to see another big defender with good defensive technique - good to see Schauble back.

Schneider had a shocker.

Goodes still looking very ordinary at CHB.

Mike_B
10th July 2004, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by Charlie
Schauble should play next week.

Schneider probably shouldn't. He's simply not fit enough.

And clearly lacking in confidence. A run in the 2's where he will hopefully get 20-25 touches will do him a world of good.

barry
10th July 2004, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by Mike_B

Thought Goodes was still loose on his man, but managed to cover that thanks to some delivery from Adelaide that didn't exactly favour themselves, but he was still good at the contest and made a number of good, well-timed spoils.

Yeah, Goodes plays loose, so his immediate oponent will get the odd possession. He plays a zone style of CHB that does us a lot of good in blocking other leads, and providing rebounds.

I think he's doing well there, and just looking at the marks his opponent takes is misleading.

liz
11th July 2004, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by Mike_B
And clearly lacking in confidence. A run in the 2's where he will hopefully get 20-25 touches will do him a world of good.

Fitness? Yes

Form? Yes

Confidence? I somehow doubt it.

dendol
11th July 2004, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by NMWBloods
It was great to see another big defender with good defensive technique - good to see Schauble back.

Schneider had a shocker.

Agree with Schauble and Schneider. Great to see the applause and acknowledgement from the crowd when Schaubs first came on the the ground.

I thought Goodes did alot better this week than last. He effected many spoils, but we expect no less when playing on very young CHF's. Still think he will struggle on the established, big guns of the comp.

Dave
11th July 2004, 11:27 AM
That bit of extra height will certainly help our cause.

I thought Schaubs was moving really well. :)

floppinab
11th July 2004, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by NMWBloods

Schneider had a shocker.

Read the play like a 10ft Stop Sign, was interesting to not he played off his opponent more often than not then made position as the ball came in.

Hopefully we'll see Goodes play on the ball (as a traditional ruck rover) a bit more now. Still don't mind him at half back but not nec. full time.

Margie
11th July 2004, 02:26 PM
I too loved the cheers when Schauble first took the ground. Doesn't look like he's lost his touch at all. As for Schneider, I disagree with putting him in the 2's. He has a better chance of getting back to his best in the more elite competition.

swansrule100
12th July 2004, 01:27 AM
3 Points come to my mind.

1. Goodes can play CHB he is capable and ok pretty much serviceable. But he is a champion when he can run around and must play ruck rover. Schuable leaves C.Bolton or Barry to take the role perhaps

2. Schuable was excellent considering everything and has been missed.

3. Leo Barry is great deep in defence but then we miss his drive off half back

stellation
12th July 2004, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by dendol
Great to see the applause and acknowledgement from the crowd when Schaubs first came on the the ground.

I was happy with that too and probably cheered the loudest I did all night when he went on. Must have been very nice for him after being out with injury for so long.